Kyurem-Black (Revamp) [QC 2/3] Written Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very nice work dude, and that too on your first analysis. :) I am just suggesting some minor things. You might want to add entry hazards to c&c as kyube is prone to all of them. Also, put similar pokemon under same heading i c&c. Like, you could group ferro and scizor together under steel-types and say what each of them can do. same with revenge killers such as talonflame and keldeo and other faster threats that can revenge kill kyurem-b. :)

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Very nice work dude, and that too on your first analysis. :) I am just suggesting some minor things. You might want to add entry hazards to c&c as kyube is prone to all of them. Also, put similar pokemon under same heading i c&c. Like, you could group ferro and scizor together under steel-types and say what each of them can do. same with revenge killers such as talonflame and keldeo and other faster threats that can revenge kill kyurem-b. :)
Thanks for your suggestions, I just added them to the OP.

The Lati twins don't seem like ideal partners in my opinion as they have a redundant typing with cube, increasing the team's weakness to mons like jirachi, scizor, Scarf tar, and mega metagross. Personally, I would run starmie as a partner instead. It generally has better synergy w/ kyurem-b (although the team will definitely need a Ferrothorn check as Starmie is also completely walled by it).

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
The Lati twins don't seem like ideal partners in my opinion as they have a redundant typing with cube, increasing the team's weakness to mons like jirachi, scizor, Scarf tar, and mega metagross. Personally, I would run starmie as a partner instead. It generally has better synergy w/ kyurem-b (although the team will definitely need a Ferrothorn check as Starmie is also completely walled by it).
Or you could run HP Fire on Starmie and thus making it an excellent teammate. I agree that it's a better teammate synergy wise than the lati twins but you can work around issues like ferro.

I'd mention Zapdos as a potential teammate, as it can Defog for Kyu-B and provide free switch-ins with Volt Switch (if Zapdos runs it). Furthermore, it deals with most Steel types that Kyu-B has trouble with and resists Mach Punch, Bullet Punch and Brave Bird.

Also, would Roost be an option on the Physically based Mixed attacker set, or does it need the 4 attack coverage badly?

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
I'd mention Zapdos as a potential teammate, as it can Defog for Kyu-B and provide free switch-ins with Volt Switch (if Zapdos runs it). Furthermore, it deals with most Steel types that Kyu-B has trouble with and resists Mach Punch, Bullet Punch and Brave Bird.

Also, would Roost be an option on the Physically based Mixed attacker set, or does it need the 4 attack coverage badly?
Zapdos kind of fits under defoggers, I mainly added the other two defoggers because they have really nice synnergy with Kyurem-B. Roost could be added as an extra slash on the last slot, but Kyurem-B really prefers the coverage on the physically based mixed attacker set.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
I think Hidden Power Fire should get a mention in moves, rather than being merely relegated to OO. It's one of the best Ferrothorn lures in the game, as chances are, if they're running one, that will be their go-to whenever they see this guy come out. Alongside something that really appreciates Ferrothorn broken such as DD Altaria straight off, it does a lot of work. When this comes to a write-up, you should really emphasise how this has almost no good switchins apart from a very select group of pokemon, the majority of which only fit on very passive teams.

get rid of the physically based set entirely since the special set is the one that people use for the most part. besides, investing in kyu-b's monstrous atk stat also won't do much good at all as you don't get much out of it. this is how the set should look like:

Wallbreaker
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Fusion Bolt
move 4: Roost / Outrage
ability: Terravolt
item: Life Orb
evs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spd
ivs: 29 HP
nature: Mild / Hasty

evs allow you to outspeed +spe base 80's which include unmega'd gard, gallade and mamoswine. the extra attack evs from using 56 are negligible and don't acquire any 2hkos/ohkos that 20 atk doesn't. having a -def nature over -spdef is actually preferable on kyu-b since most of the hits it is taking are on the special side of the spectrum rather physical by virture of its typing (water,electric,grass,etc.). you can give a mention of rash or naive in case you want to take priority hits better in set details. be sure to incorporate hp fire, iron head and dragon claw in moves section as they are all viable filler options to use on kyu-b.

name: Substitute Attacker
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Fusion Bolt / Roost
item: Leftovers
evs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
nature: Mild / Modest

this is how the set should look for sub kyu-b. idk why u had roost slashed with epower and gave hp fire a slash too lol. evs give it 101 subs, enough speed for +spe base 80's and rest is dumped in spatk to pwr up ice beam and earth pwr. if using roost, be sure to mention in set details that life orb is also a viable option to run on it since it bluffs a wallbreaker set and can heal off sub and lo recoil.

as for the scarf set, just take off naughty and make it solely naive. outspeeding +1zardx, volc, scarf land-t, etc. is crucial for its role as a revenge killer. a -spdef nature is preferred for this set since scarf kyu-b will be more likely to take priority hits. you can mention a naughty nature in set details, but make sure to say that it should run 252 spe with it since it is required in order to outspeed +1 jolly megagyarados.

in oo, take off flash cannon seeing as iron head is a million times better and incorporate a mention of assault vest. also give draco a mention in oo as it gives kyu-b a very strong neutral coverage to abuse without being locked into the likes of outrage, despite having to switch out afterwards. once you do all this 2/3

Last edited:

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Do I do a write up after I make the changes?

Edit:
get rid of the physically based set entirely since the special set is the one that people use for the most part. besides, investing in kyu-b's monstrous atk stat also won't do much good at all as you don't get much out of it. this is how the set should look like:

Wallbreaker
move 1: Ice Beam
move 2: Earth Power
move 3: Fusion Bolt
move 4: Roost / Outrage
item: Life Orb
evs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spd
ivs: 29 HP
nature: Mild / Hasty

evs allow you to outspeed +spe base 80's which include unmega'd gard, gallade and mamoswine. the extra attack evs from using 56 are negligible and don't acquire any 2hkos/ohkos that 20 atk doesn't. having a -def nature over -spdef is actually preferable on kyu-b since most of the hits it is taking are on the special side of the spectrum rather physical by virture of its typing (water,electric,grass,etc.). you can give a mention of rash or naive in case you want to take priority hits better in set details. be sure to incorporate hp fire, iron head and dragon claw in moves section as they are all viable filler options to use on kyu-b.

name: Substitute Attacker
move 1: Substitute
move 2: Ice Beam
move 3: Earth Power
move 4: Fusion Bolt / Roost
item: Leftovers
evs: 56 HP / 216 SpA / 236 Spe
nature: Mild / Modest

this is how the set should look for sub kyu-b. idk why u had roost slashed with epower and gave hp fire a slash too lol. evs give it 101 subs, enough speed for +spe base 80's and rest is dumped in spatk to pwr up ice beam and earth pwr. if using roost, be sure to mention in set details that life orb is also a viable option to run on it since it bluffs a wallbreaker set and can heal off sub and lo recoil.

as for the scarf set, just take off naughty and make it solely naive. outspeeding +1zardx, volc, scarf land-t, etc. is crucial for its role as a revenge killer. a -spdef nature is preferred for this set since scarf kyu-b will be more likely to take priority hits. you can mention a naughty nature in set details, but make sure to say that it should run 252 spe with it since it is required in order to outspeed +1 jolly megagyarados.

in oo, take off flash cannon seeing as iron head is a million times better and incorporate a mention of assault vest. also give draco a mention in oo as it gives kyu-b a very strong neutral coverage abuse without being locked into the likes of outrage, despite having to switch out afterwards. once you do all this 2/3
Done!

Last edited:
A stealth rock setter is appreciated for breaking sturdy and focus sash on the opposing team, weakening revenge killers, and putting some Pokemon into KO range of Kyurem-B's attacks.
Mold Breaker nullifies Sturdy, so Stealth Rock is not needed for that reason. Stealth Rock breaks Focus Sash, along with wearing down defensive targets.

Mega Altaria and Kyurem-B stack some weaknesses, but Mega Altaria benefits a lot from Kyurem-B's wallbreaking capabilities, especially if Kyurem-B runs Hidden Power Fire for Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, as this allows Mega Altaria to run Roost instead of Fire Blast for longevity. M-Alt also has a Dragon Immunity, which is quite useful.

I would mention Klefki as a teammate alongside Ferrothorn and Heatran: Spikes is very useful in wearing down Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, and Klefki provides some useful resistance that Kyurem-B appreciates.

MANNAT

Follow me on twitch!
Mold Breaker nullifies Sturdy, so Stealth Rock is not needed for that reason. Stealth Rock breaks Focus Sash, along with wearing down defensive targets.

Mega Altaria and Kyurem-B stack some weaknesses, but Mega Altaria benefits a lot from Kyurem-B's wallbreaking capabilities, especially if Kyurem-B runs Hidden Power Fire for Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, as this allows Mega Altaria to run Roost instead of Fire Blast for longevity. M-Alt also has a Dragon Immunity, which is quite useful.

I would mention Klefki as a teammate alongside Ferrothorn and Heatran: Spikes is very useful in wearing down Ferrothorn and Mega Scizor, and Klefki provides some useful resistance that Kyurem-B appreciates.
Thanks for the catch! I'm pretty sure that I listed MegaAlt in team options, but I'll make sure to add Klefki.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
After discussion with QC we've decided it would be best to reassign this analysis. Right now the write-up conveys a very shaky understanding of knowledge in how Kyurem-B functions in the meta-game along with repetitive language that would require almost an entire rewrite to fix at this point. With this said locking and moving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)