Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Chansey walls gardevoir without np 10/10 however nasty plot can beat it. Heatran can be beaten with boosted heat wave if you run it, but even so it is much easier to counter than the normal sets counters and most tran are levitate forcing you to rely on focus blast. Most also don't pack steel moves. You say you are forced to run those moves, but you forget it has similar options to the other mons in terms of heat wave, tailwind, defog, agility, etc. It certainly doesn't have as many or as much coverage, but as a hit and run mon i don't think offensive utility is all that important.

You can't use garde-mega against most offensive teams unless you pack rhyperior. Do you really want to give lant free turns? Lant doesn't take free turns, it gets free kills unless you pack a counter, which means using garde-mega necessitates the use of a reliable counter for lant. I have already explained this and won't again.

The point is that you shouldn't use garde against offense in the first place, so the extra utility against offense is pointless unless you want to give something free turns. you might as well stack up on breaking stall if you use garde-mega, because against offense you are better off waiting until lant is dead in which case the utility is not found. The only thing garde can afford to do vs offense is kill shit with boomburst, which chatot does anyways. I never said that other sets are bad, I said if you want to use garde-mega you are better off using chatot for the fact that it can 6-0 a lot of stall builds. trying to be multidimensional here would be like trying to play offense and defense in the NFL. Maybe you can be good at both, but you aren't needed on one side and there is no point in doing it, so you might as well focus on your role on one side of the ball.

Great set actually. Utterly destroys a lot of offensive teams with speed and power, and explosion is basically a free kill barring shit like intimidate suicune. This thing has so much power its unfair. There are other options for the set such as earthquake and the power of double edge over return could be useful, but i digress.

I actually theorymonned the SD version of this set a while back since ekiller is so good, and used it to moderate success; this set might be a little better. V-create gives it a nuke on the fire type as well, however I think there are many other options that are superior in this slot, since this currently is walled by unaware mons like rhyperior and several other rock types. The coverage slot is more of a filler than anything else because espeed and dragon ascent are your two kill buttons, and therefore it makes sense to use it to hit specific mons (i.e. rock types). Earthquake is a decent choice (even though it doesn't beat rhyperior), as is waterfall/surf or v-create. Regardless, cool.

This is an interesting mon, and although it is not really my favorite, it has a nice strong boltbeam coverage. No weaknesses means it can safely come in on many weaker threats, and the coverage it possesses allows it to kill a lot of things. Since this meta is so turbulent, I would rather use something else, but I can certainly see why you might like this.

I will scream. This was actually my first thought when I went into inheritance, but the lack of speed and physical defense disturbed me. It has to be paired with a lant counter, otherwise it is virtual deadweight and a huge momentum killer against offense. The main problem with the set is obvious and starts with a C, and it will be called C because i hate it. C walls this and almost all versions of the mon, but there is one that it most definitely can't wall: dicks. dicks has nasty plot and boomburst, as well as chatter to throw off other walls, with heat wave for coverage and agility for speed boosting if you want it. It also has roost, defog, and various other useful moves. dicks breaks stall w/o FF steels and primordial sea, and those can say hi to a quick magnet pull mon (which is a great partner for a stallbreaking core).

If you are going to use mega garde, you NEED to go full stallbreaker as that is its only niche; it gives lant free turns which is awful for offense. Don't think about utilizing this against offensive teams when you are choosing a donor, only think about breaking stall. The dicks set definitely breaks stall as well, especially if you decide to run chatter. A set of boomburst / heat wave / roost / nasty plot wrecks a lot of stall, and chatter can throw most possible counters for a complete loop.
1. I use the weavile set I do for a few reasons, firstly I don't use double edge due to the massive amount of damage that weavile does, and that would mean that'd die to recoil very quickly, and that would mean that if it were a theat to the opponent they could simply kill it with chip damage very easily. I don't use earthquake because the set is already full, and earthquake is an unreliable move in the meta due to the number of levitaters, also the set is already pretty full considering you can also set up spikes.

2. I aggree with you about sd>dd in almost all cases for braviary, this was just me making a set quickly without thinking about it, I had meant to do dragon dance/swords dance/bulk up, but then questioned bulk up's viability and didn't use it and forgot about sd.

3.what'd you use? Out of curiosity, the main reason I chose latias on raikou the first time was because of bolt beam, levitate and healing wish, I never considered the other possibilties. I'm curious as to what you'd rather use.

4. This imparticular gardevoir was made on a sticky webs team and I do not need to go full stall breaking due to it's already massive potential for doing so without nasty plot, I simply support it with magic bouncers like the afformentioned magic bounce tyranitar inheriting from mega absol to lure a will o from a chansey and do huge damage with super power or knock off. I prefer to have the coverage without the need for a magnet puller due to their lack of strong moves special moves and weakness to burns. This can be bipassed by using a fire type but even still you're only able to trap one pokemon that I'm worried about, being skarmory while ferro(ff) and doublade laugh in a trappers face. Also a steel trapper wastes a mon that isn't that good without a steel type that they can trap on the team.

smart landos don't go for BB, they go for wisp and burn you while you go for sucker. If they are willing to come in on you at +2, they won't go for BB anticipating the sucker punch, and a burn cripples weavile in the process. Safest bet is to pack a reliable way to beat lando, but sucker punch is far from reliable.

Maybe chansey runs taunt, but if its switching in on you your still getting to +2. While a chansey counter is generally nice, you 2hko at +2, so if they go for taunt they will die anyways, and if they go for metal burst you can nasty plot up. Either way, chatter makes it 50/50s even if they win the first one.

Also noted that rhyperior isn't even 2hko'd by either w/o the life orb boost, so the main two targets of the water coverage don't even get killed by it. I think the best option in the last slot is probably v-create (or possibly earthquake; yes i know levitate but also flash fire).
"Smart players will win the 50/50" isn't a particularly good argument, especially as knockoff ALSO ohkos. Also eq does almost HALF of what water coverage does, since waterfall is 4x effective, but eq does hit doublade/aegis.

xJownage

1. I use the weavile set I do for a few reasons, firstly I don't use double edge due to the massive amount of damage that weavile does, and that would mean that'd die to recoil very quickly, and that would mean that if it were a theat to the opponent they could simply kill it with chip damage very easily. I don't use earthquake because the set is already full, and earthquake is an unreliable move in the meta due to the number of levitaters, also the set is already pretty full considering you can also set up spikes.

2. I aggree with you about sd>dd in almost all cases for braviary, this was just me making a set quickly without thinking about it, I had meant to do dragon dance/swords dance/bulk up, but then questioned bulk up's viability and didn't use it and forgot about sd.

3.what'd you use? Out of curiosity, the main reason I chose latias on raikou the first time was because of bolt beam, levitate and healing wish, I never considered the other possibilties. I'm curious as to what you'd rather use.

4. This imparticular gardevoir was made on a sticky webs team and I do not need to go full stall breaking due to it's already massive potential for doing so without nasty plot, I simply support it with magic bouncers like the afformentioned magic bounce tyranitar inheriting from mega absol to lure a will o from a chansey and do huge damage with super power or knock off. I prefer to have the coverage without the need for a magnet puller due to their lack of strong moves special moves and weakness to burns. This can be bipassed by using a fire type but even still you're only able to trap one pokemon that I'm worried about, being skarmory while ferro(ff) and doublade laugh in a trappers face. Also a steel trapper wastes a mon that isn't that good without a steel type that they can trap on the team.
1. Fair enough, but they are options if the set is too predictable.

2. Bulk up would be great if mega ray learned roost, but we can't have everything. SD > DD in many cases, but DD has its merits for allowing you to spam dragon ascent without fear of revenge killers (non-priority). SD is probably better but DD is certainly viable.

3. I actually meant I would rather use the slot for another mon that serves a more specific purpose in countering mons or wallbreaking. Raik seems like a cool mon, but this tier is so chaotic I would rather be using a mon like lant or suicune to have the utility of countering mons / revenge killing mons etc. Raik doesn't fill a specific role, i guess.

4. I have explained why not going full stallbreaker on mega garde is pointless, and I won't again, but I never said your set was bad. Support either set properly and they will do their job(s) - what I was saying was that chatot requires less support.

"Smart players will win the 50/50" isn't a particularly good argument, especially as knockoff ALSO ohkos. Also eq does almost HALF of what water coverage does, since waterfall is 4x effective, but eq does hit doublade/aegis.
I wasn't saying smart players win the 50/50, but remember that you have a 50/50 too so acting like its reliable is calling an imposter 50/50 mon imposterproof. Either way this is going nowhere so w/e.

The reason earthquake is a better option besides doublade/aegis is that waterfall/surf's main purpose is to hit rhyperior, however unaware variants are only 2hko'd if you use a life orb (barely at that), and unless they switch in on waterfall they will kill you with a rock stab.

Infernape @ Leftovers/Assault Vest/Life Orb
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Bullet Punch/Bulk Up

Inherits from Machamp.
Choice of item: Assault Vest or Leftovers for some extra survivability, or Life Orb for more power. Take your pick.
Moves: Dynamic Punch for Fighting STAB and confusion hax on whatever lives. Knock Off because Knock Off. Fire Punch for secondary STAB. Bulk Up for boosting, or you can use Bullet Punch for priority. You have to use Bullet Punch if you decide to go with Assault Vest.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Bullet Punch/Bulk Up

Inherits from Machamp.
Choice of item: Assault Vest or Leftovers for some extra survivability, or Life Orb for more power. Take your pick.
Moves: Dynamic Punch for Fighting STAB and confusion hax on whatever lives. Knock Off because Knock Off. Fire Punch for secondary STAB. Bulk Up for boosting, or you can use Bullet Punch for priority. You have to use Bullet Punch if you decide to go with Assault Vest.
A small point, but Machamp gets Fire Blast. Infernape has equal offenses so it'd worth considering Fire Blast as it always hits now, can go mixed and is way stronger than Fire Punch. In addition to that, most Fire weaknesses are weaker specially and a move like Fire Punch will often miss the KO. In the same vein, you can use Vacuum Wave for STAB priority.

1. Fair enough, but they are options if the set is too predictable.

2. Bulk up would be great if mega ray learned roost, but we can't have everything. SD > DD in many cases, but DD has its merits for allowing you to spam dragon ascent without fear of revenge killers (non-priority). SD is probably better but DD is certainly viable.

3. I actually meant I would rather use the slot for another mon that serves a more specific purpose in countering mons or wallbreaking. Raik seems like a cool mon, but this tier is so chaotic I would rather be using a mon like lant or suicune to have the utility of countering mons / revenge killing mons etc. Raik doesn't fill a specific role, i guess.

4. I have explained why not going full stallbreaker on mega garde is pointless, and I won't again, but I never said your set was bad. Support either set properly and they will do their job(s) - what I was saying was that chatot requires less support.

I wasn't saying smart players win the 50/50, but remember that you have a 50/50 too so acting like its reliable is calling an imposter 50/50 mon imposterproof. Either way this is going nowhere so w/e.

The reason earthquake is a better option besides doublade/aegis is that waterfall/surf's main purpose is to hit rhyperior, however unaware variants are only 2hko'd if you use a life orb (barely at that), and unless they switch in on waterfall they will kill you with a rock stab.
r.e. raikou, the set is good for dd lando, most dragons, many flying types like skarmory, gengar and some bulky water types like cune or manaphy. Again I mainly used it for healing wish, but it's also a great ground immunity.

I was using Gardevoir to balance break, and if it just so happened that it could help stall break then great.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Jolly Nature
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Fire Punch
- Bullet Punch/Bulk Up

Inherits from Machamp.
Personally, I think LO should be the first slash, as Infernape really likes its power--its purpose is to kill stuff. Like Snaquaza, I think Fire Blast is a good STAB that hits hard and is more powerful (and always hits). And alternate spread of 212 Atk/44 SpA/252 Spe and Naive would probably be better on a Fire Blast set. Thunderpunch is also an option to hit bulky Waters such as Azumarill, who otherwise walls you. I've actually been thinking of a couple different Infernape sets, I'll post them all here in a couple of days (Infernape is bae :>)

On a different topic, I think something that could be interesting is porygon z inheriting from exploud. It has access to a bunch of cool things to play with, like focus blast, fireblast/ flamethrower, ice beam, extrasensory, etc. and it can easily abuse them.

Also, people are mentioning refrig weavile, however I think glailie inheriting from Luc could work pretty well as an Ekiller set. Refrige Espeed at +2 is powerful, and it has solid offensive typing. Also, it can switch in on a weaker predicted knock off for the boost to attack w/o the loss of its item. It also gets access to lots of different attacks from CC to blaze kick. It loses explosion, but it likely can make up for it with Espeed. I don't know though, its just a thought. Ill admit though, it's probs not as good as pinsir.

Similarly, Altaria would be a good recipient from M Ray. Delta stream would be nice to lessen its ridiculous ice weakness and ease prediction slightly, then it sweeps with +2 Pixispeed. Sadly, as mentioned, Ray doesn't get roost,, but it has so much else to abuse, it's def worth it.

I'll post more later, but I'm on mobile, so I'll just leave it there for now.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
On a different topic, I think something that could be interesting is porygon z inheriting from exploud. It has access to a bunch of cool things to play with, like focus blast, fireblast/ flamethrower, ice beam, extrasensory, etc. and it can easily abuse them.

Also, people are mentioning refrig weavile, however I think glailie inheriting from Luc could work pretty well as an Ekiller set. Refrige Espeed at +2 is powerful, and it has solid offensive typing. Also, it can switch in on a weaker predicted knock off for the boost to attack w/o the loss of its item. It also gets access to lots of different attacks from CC to blaze kick. It loses explosion, but it likely can make up for it with Espeed. I don't know though, its just a thought. Ill admit though, it's probs not as good as pinsir.

Similarly, Altaria would be a good recipient from M Ray. Delta stream would be nice to lessen its ridiculous ice weakness and ease prediction slightly, then it sweeps with +2 Pixispeed. Sadly, as mentioned, Ray doesn't get roost,, but it has so much else to abuse, it's def worth it.

Glalie from Linoone though. Belly Drum, then destroy everything with +6 FridgeSpeed.

You mention Pory-Z inheriting from Exploud and don't mention Boomburst? Even without Adaptability, a ScrappyBurst is going to hurt like heck on non-resists.

You mention Pory-Z inheriting from Exploud and don't mention Boomburst? Even without Adaptability, a ScrappyBurst is going to hurt like heck on non-resists.
Lol, I guess I thought that was implied... Not sure why

Glalie from Linoone though. Belly Drum, then destroy everything with +6 FridgeSpeed.
Only problem with that is that it sounds kinda risky; ice is just so awful defensively it could be difficult to set up. I agree though, that sounds terrifying if you could get it going!

Last edited:

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
Only problem with that is that it sounds kinda risky; ice is just so awful defensively it could be difficult to set up. I agree though, that sounds terrifying if you could get it going!
It does seem hard to set up, but if you bring it in on something you know you can force out, you get a free BD, and then Extremespeed OHKOs everything. lol. It OHKOs fully defensive Eviolite Chansey, fully defensive Skarm, and has coverage, albeit limited coverage, in Seed Bomb (Water types) and Shadow Claw (bulky Steels, like Mega Aggron). Absolutely rips up stall, and can do work even unboosted, as a revenge killer. Oh yeah, and you know them Prankster Will-O-Wisp users? They get outsped in priority by Extremespeed and 95% of them are OHKOed as well .-. Definitely a force to be reckoned with if it sets up.
Also, ADAPTABILITY BISHARP
It gets SD+Knock Off+U-Turn+X-Scissor+Poison Jab+Drill Run+Aerial Ace+Brick Break from Mega Beedrill and SD+DD+Knock Off+Crunch+Aqua Jet+Crabhammer+Superpower+Poison Jab+Rock Slide+X-Scissor+Aerial Ace, and even Metal Claw if you want a STAB (albeit a weak one) from Crawdaunt. I would personally do something like this (from Crawdaunt):

Bisharp @ Life Orb/Lum Berry
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance/Dragon Dance
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Superpower/Poison Jab

LO for power, Lum Berry lets you cripple Chansey. Basically, boost, then spam Knock Off, with appropriate coverage if necessary.

It does seem hard to set up, but if you bring it in on something you know you can force out, you get a free BD, and then Extremespeed OHKOs everything. lol. It OHKOs fully defensive Eviolite Chansey, fully defensive Skarm, and has coverage, albeit limited coverage, in Seed Bomb (Water types) and Shadow Claw (bulky Steels, like Mega Aggron). Absolutely rips up stall, and can do work even unboosted, as a revenge killer. Oh yeah, and you know them Prankster Will-O-Wisp users? They get outsped in priority by Extremespeed and 95% of them are OHKOed as well .-. Definitely a force to be reckoned with if it sets up.
It gets SD+Knock Off+U-Turn+X-Scissor+Poison Jab+Drill Run+Aerial Ace+Brick Break from Mega Beedrill and SD+DD+Knock Off+Crunch+Aqua Jet+Crabhammer+Superpower+Poison Jab+Rock Slide+X-Scissor+Aerial Ace, and even Metal Claw if you want a STAB (albeit a weak one) from Crawdaunt. I would personally do something like this (from Crawdaunt):

Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Superpower/Poison Jab

LO for power, Lum Berry lets you cripple Chansey. Basically, boost, then spam Knock Off, with appropriate coverage if necessary.
you're much better off running this set

Yveltal(Bisharp) @ LO
Dark Aura
-Koff
-Sucker Punch
-U-turn/Foul Play/Rock Slide/Roost

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
you're much better off running this set

Yveltal(Bisharp) @ LO
Dark Aura
-Koff
-Sucker Punch
That works, but it doesn't have set up. Dragon Dance especially can turn Bisharp into an amazing late game sweeper, whereas your set is more of a wallbreaker/revenge killer with Koff and SPunch respectively. Not saying yours is bad (because it is actually really good) but they function differently. Roost is good for longevity though.

Last edited:

Jolly/Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Crabhammer
- Superpower/Poison Jab

This set actually seems amazing, as koff cripples walls hugely, dd and sd are both amazing (I think dd sharp sounds amazing, especially with steel typing to resist ates), crabhammer annihilates rhydon, and filler coverage (including aqua jet) is just gravy.

xJownage

The explosion weavile set literally just won me a tourney. In each battle where i was trying to get excadrill sweeps, i misplayed, but each and every time weavile got clutch kill after clutch kill to mount me a comeback. Exploded on ttar, exploded on a cresselia, and exploded on a terrakion which literally saved the match below. Weavile is very underprepared for and requires you to play around it hardcore, and this match with lcass demonstrates that well.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/customgame-219061427
^ finals

Weavile @ Life Orb
Ability: Refrigerate
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Double-edge
- Ice shard
- Crunch
- Explosion

Double edge is fine since this already has no longevity, and i did encounter a ttar where double edge ko'd where return didn't in that tourney. this set is fun af to use and very effective, try it out :)

So I theory monned an intresting wall breaker, dunno if anyone has done this before;

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Spa / (248 HP / 8 def or tweak otherwise)
Modest Nature
- Fireblast
- shadow ball
- EarthPower / Tbolt / FocusBlast
_ Tbolt / Sub / Toxic / Super Fang / FocusBlast

Basicly inheriting from nidoking to gain both, stab shadow ball and fireblast with sheer force boosts.
Now, it doesnt take a genious to figure out that this thing hits like a truck and has coverage to annihilate about everything.
Unfortunantly it has one problem that can hinder it; It can't get past chansey if it's 4hp/252 spdef varitation (HP + Def variants have 80% 2OHKO with focus blast, but then again >focus hit), but, chansey's in general can't do anything to it either unless it runs toxic.
But hey, otherwise this thing could potentially be a wrecking ball to take out a wall for your other sweepers.

InfernapeTropius11

get on my level
So I theory monned an intresting wall breaker, dunno if anyone has done this before;

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Fireblast
- shadow ball

Basicly inheriting from nidoking to gain both, stab shadow ball and fireblast with sheer force boosts.
Now, it doesnt take a genious to figure out that this thing hits like a truck and has coverage to annihilate about everything.
Unfortunantly it has one problem that can hinder it; It can't get past chansey if it's 4hp/252 spdef varitation (HP + Def variants have 80% 2OHKO with focus blast, but then again >focus hit), but, chansey's in general can't do anything to it either unless it runs toxic.
But hey, otherwise this thing could potentially be a wrecking ball to take out a wall for your other sweepers.
Nice set! This seems like a great wallbreaker! But Chansey CAN do something to it--they often run Metal Burst, which WILL kill Chandelure. It can still kill other walls though.

xJownage

Chandelure @ Life Orb
Modest Nature
- Fireblast
- shadow ball

Since chansey cannot hit it for real damage, substitute is an easy option to consistently take it out. Chansey is unable to break subs with seismic toss because chandelure is ghost type, and chans really can't do anything back but heal off damage. Then again, this thing could run taunt as well. Taunt Sub with dual stabs could be deadly, even though it lacks the coverage earth power grants. Its resists aren't too common, however.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)