Ask simple questions here! [READ ORIGINAL POST before posting]

I'm confused, people on showdown are talking about a server named Frost. I want to know what it is and why it was banned.
If this topic is banned, I understand and will refrain from any further discussion.

I'm confused, people on showdown are talking about a server named Frost. I want to know what it is and why it was banned.
If this topic is banned, I understand and will refrain from any further discussion.
When you visit the server, it tells you why it was banned. You do not need to know any more.

Amaluna

Somewhere between relatable and psychotic
is a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Frost was basically a fan made server. It was used for leagues mainly, seeing as main server does not allow it. But Frost is a terrible server, so you're not missing out on anything. It was taken down because they broke the US law or because they impersonated global staff, which happens a lot.

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
What is the "PS Rank" feature of profiles, and will it really "be available soon"?

When you try to visit frost.psim.us you see this:

So that should let you know all you need to know. If smogon/ps staff want to release an official statement they will but for now its best to refrain from talking about it

When will showdown ever get out of beta phase? Just wondering cause it says beta in title?
In an interview Zarel said it will be out of beta soon but never specified when exactly. I'm sure it'll happen sometime but don't look forward to it as there's no set date

Last edited by a moderator:
Are bots allowed to search for matches on PS? There's a bot named Muh Bans on Challenge Cup 1v1, not sure if it's supposed to be there.

What am I to do? I forgot my showdown password...

I asked asgdf and he said to ask haunter.

I asked haunter and he is ignoring me.

Help.​

churine

lunatic+
is a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
haunter is a very busy person, because he's an admin, he has to deal with a lot of stuff. Maybe you could PM him on Smogon? But I dont know if it would work, considering I'm not an admin.

For now, you'll have to use a temporary Showdown alt though.

I have a pretty simple question: how do you forfeit in Pokémon Showdown?

I've had a few battles already where I would've liked to forfeit, but couldn't find the button that would let me. Do I just close the window?

Question: instead of 31HP/30Atk/30Def/31SpA/31SpD/31Spe IVs for Hidden Power Ice, can I use 0 IVs in the place of the Attack IVs to mitigate Foul Play and still get my Hidden Power Ice in X/Y/OR/AS?

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
31/0/30/31/31/31 will give you Hidden Power Ice, yes. This thread isn't for stuff like that though...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)