ORAS UU The Wumbo Squad, UU balance (peak 24th)

Wanka

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
UUPL Champion
zop everyone this is my first official RMT and I brought you guys some mega burd balance. The main kinda idea of this team was to build around work up refresh pidgeot because I was yet to try it and it really appealed to me. None the less, lets begin.

burd.jpg

We start off with pidgeot as the center point of the team. I decided on using work up pidgeot as I found myself in the past not using heat wave very often so I might as well run work to blast through walls. And indeed it can blast through those walls like florges, umby, and vaporeon. And there are occasions where you dont even need the work up boost sometimes as spamming its mono stab in hurricane can force a sack on offense. Pidge has been constantly being more and more recognized as a really big threat in the tier and it's a top 3 mega for sure.

I wumbo (Pidgeot) @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Tangled Feet
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Roost
- Work Up
- Refresh

florg.jpg

Since this is a more balanced team I decided to start my defensive core off with arguably the best cleric in the tier in florges. Florges's job is very simple, pass wishes into team members check dragons fighting types, and stronk dark types and make sure my team team does not suffer from status. Florges does this job very well not too much else to say about it. These are kinda the custom evs I run, I dont run 24 calm I just run 4 calm as I usually prefer a bit more physical bulk whenever I run florges. threats like shao hydreion and mienshao are not as troubling to me with florg around.

you Wumbo (Florges) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Calm Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy

tenta.jpg

For the next member of the core we have tentacruel. Tenta helps pidgeot in the sense that it can spread toxic spikes to make pidge dent teams easier and it spins away rocks for it as well. It can also act as an OK fire check as florges doesn't like taking on the likes of darm and entei. It can spread scald burns quite nicely and I have haze on it as kind of a last resort for bulky set up sweepers like lax and cress. My ev spread is a little wacky on it as I wanted to lean towards a more defensive variant to help with fire spam. Im a little on the fence about haze but not sure what to put.

Wumbo (Tentacruel) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 44 SpD / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

zong.jpg

To round out the core we have bronzong. Bronzong really helped this core out as it was the steel type rocker that doesn't get beat by nidoqueen I was looking for. the first two members got annihilated by nidoqueen and with this having levitate queen for the most part cant touch it as nobody really runs fire blast on queen. It got up rocks which again helps pidge dent teams along with those t spikes. It can spread toxic and pop fast threats with a gyro if needed or toxic them. Zong's evs are subject to change as I might put more into special defense to help out with opposing pidgeots as even without as much defense I can still check aero but im not sure yet.

we Wumbo (Bronzong) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD
Impish Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Earthquake
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

shaymin.jpg

I needed another good wallbreaker along with pidgeot as suicune could blow through my team if it could set up before I could hit it with pidgeot and relying on tenta to be there to haze it isnt my idea of a good time. So I slapped on this monster as seed flare can take care of cune and with its high chance of drops I can even beat other bulky set up mons like cress and snorlax who dont like taking seed flares when they have their spD lowered. Im running psycic over gleam because crobat can u turn on my team all day long so if I can catch it on the switch and take it out or force it to roost ill be a happy camper.

She Wumbo (Shaymin) @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Psychic
- Earth Power
- Synthesis

shao.jpg

To round the team out I wanted a scarfer that could help clean up late game and just hit hard in general. Shao fit this bill well as it is one of the faster scarfers in the tier and can ohko a lot of offensive threats. If the opposing team doesnt have a resist watch out O.o. Shao really benefits from pidge denting teams as well making its clean up easier. It can flip flop as well as pidgeot can benefits from shaos dents as well.

He Wumbo (Mienshao) (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- U-turn
- Stone Edge

Threatlist:

Feraligatr: This thing can really dent my team if It can DD succesfully as I am usually forced to sack something so I can revenge it with shao. I've stared at teambuilder for hours trying to figure out a way to check this thing without defeating the teams purpose and idk if there is a way tbh.

Entei/darm: I can wish pass into it but tentacruel isnt as good of a fire spam check as you think. It takes in the 30's of hits from entei and darm.

Replays: I could only scrounge up one and tenta and zong weren't even on the squad yet but ill be sure to find more.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-217630239 (showcases burd more than the others so tenta and zong not being there isnt tht big of an issue, (kinda haxy but w/e that doublade wasnt really an issue anyways.)

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-221562096

Hope you guys like it and hammer away (:

Last edited:

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
You forgot Bronzong's importable x_x anyway maybe it's just me but I really prefer rest on Shaymin over synthesis because more health but I'm not qualified to rate anyway. gtg ladder some more because Gully just crit confused me out of breaking my peak

Wanka

UUPL Champion
You forgot Bronzong's importable x_x anyway maybe it's just me but I really prefer rest on Shaymin over synthesis because more health but I'm not qualified to rate anyway. gtg ladder some more because Gully just crit confused me out of breaking my peak
crap lol ill put zong in there and yeah rest seems cool thx. Gl with the laddering lol

If you're having trouble with the likes of darm/entei, you could consider replacing tentacruel with something like donphan. This would keep you from losing rapid spin, although you wouldn't have t-spikes anymore. I was thinking of something like this:
Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Knock Off/ Ice Shard

Wanka

UUPL Champion
If you're having trouble with the likes of darm/entei, you could consider replacing tentacruel with something like donphan. This would keep you from losing rapid spin, although you wouldn't have t-spikes anymore. I was thinking of something like this:
Donphan @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Knock Off/ Ice Shard
Thx for the suggestion ill be sure to consider it

Hi OG_Wanka, solid team here.
For Dragon Dance Feraligatr your only way to deal with it without changing anything into your team, it's to make your Shaymin defensive. To be more precise 240 HP / 152 Def / 56 SpA / 64 Spe with this spread you will be able to take a Adamant +1 Ice Punch from LO Feraligatr which will allow you to ko it in an easy way. 64 Evs in speed are useful to outspeed Modest Nidoqueen which could be a problem in case she spams one of her stabs.
As for Entei and Darmanitan I suggest you to move the 44 S.Def evs to the Def on Tentacruel so that you would be able to take in a more solid way Sacred Fire and Flare Blitz from the above mentioned mons.

Set's:

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 52 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Protect
- Earth Power

With this set you will take best advantage from the toxic spikes that Tentacruel will set. Protect helps you to gain more staying power after seeding on the switch ins pokemon like Crobat / Snorlax / other resistors. Earth Power is useful to hit the various Nidoqueen / Entei / Chandelure who will think to enter safely onto the flower.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze

Last edited:

Wanka

UUPL Champion
Hi OG_Wanka, solid team here.
For Dragon Dance Feraligatr your only way to deal with it without changing anything into your team, it's to make your Shaymin defensive. To be more precise 240 HP / 152 Def / 56 SpA / 64 Spe with this spread you will be able to take a Adamant +1 Ice Punch from LO Feraligatr which will allow you to ko it in an easy way. 64 Evs in speed are useful to outspeed Modest Nidoqueen which could be a problem in case she spams one of her stabs.
As for Entei and Darmanitan I suggest you to move the 44 S.Def evs to the Def on Tentacruel so that you would be able to take in a more solid way Sacred Fire and Flare Blitz from the above mentioned mons.

Set's:

Shaymin @ Leftovers
EVs: 240 HP / 152 Def / 52 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leech Seed
- Seed Flare
- Protect
- Earth Power

With this set you will take best advantage from the toxic spikes that Tentacruel will set. Protect helps you to gain more staying power after seeding on the switch ins pokemon like Crobat / Snorlax / other resistors. Earth Power is useful to hit the various Nidoqueen / Entei / Chandelure who will think to enter safely onto the flower.

Tentacruel @ Black Sludge
EVs: 248 HP / 224 Def / 36 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Toxic Spikes
- Haze
Thx for the suggestions man the shaymin set definitely stands out and I actually think I might try it as it provides a really safe way for me to beat gatr and its a good lure as almost 100% of the time my opponent will go for that ice punch thinking it will ohko.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)