Lopunny (QC: 0/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lopunny

QC: 0/3
GP: 0/2

[OVERVIEW]

+ An excellent speed tier allows Lopunny to be faster than many Pokemon greatly used in CAP, like Syclant and Kitsunoh
+ An excellent ability in Scrappy helps it also become a potent counter to many ghost types
+ A great Attack stat also helps it shine in putting pressure on many offensive teams, even having a chancde to OHKO Mega Diancie after Stealth Rocks.
+ Access to support moves like Healing Wish and Encore enables it to have utility against defensive teams.
+ It also can switch in against ghost moves, because of an immunity.
- The unboosted speed the turn you mega evolve may cause serious trouble to Mega Lopunny
- Not too good on the defensive side, any Super Effective hit can 2HKO or even OHKO it
- It heavily depends on Stealth Rock to be up to KO many other Pokemon efficiently.
- Walled by many Physical Walls such as Tomohawk, Skarmory, and Pyroak
- Easily worn down by recoil, residual damage and entry hazards

[SET]
name: All Out Attacker
move 1: High Jump Kick
move 2: Return
move 3: Fake Out
move 4: Ice Punch / Baton Pass / Power Up Punch
ability: Limber
item: Lopunnite
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=====
- Fake Out is for flinching the opponent, and is pretty powerful due to Lopunny's attack. It also gives you a free turn to gain your speed the turn you mega evolve.
- Return is Lopunny's best Normal STAB, and it can severely damage some Pokemon who resist High Jump Kick.
- High Jump Kick is Lopunny's most risky, but best STAB, able to OHKO Kitsunoh and Colossoil, and many other potent mons in the CAP metagame.
- Ice Punch is a good attack for dealing with Landorus, Garchomp, and other Dragon type Pokemon.
- Baton Pass allows you to get a free switch, which may be pretty useful sometimes.

Set Details
=====
- Limber allows you to not get paralysed pre mega evo, which is extremely useful.
- It's EVs are in max Attack, Max Speed, and the rest in Special Defense
- It's nature, Jolly enables you to outspeed Max Speed Timid Stratagem, which could otherwise be a little problematic

Usage Tips
=====
- High Jump Kick is riskier to use against Pokemon that like to spam protect, like Heatran, Mega Diancie, and Chansey
- This set also functions best against offensive teams, as it can rip through some Pokemon that may be problematic for the team
- Avoid switching in Lopunny too much, as it can be worn down easily due to frailness.

Team Options
=====
- This set functions best with counters to Talonflame, and some Pokemon that can defeat Pokemon that wall it.
- Steel Types are good as partners as they resist 3 of Lopunny's weaknesses, that can hinder it in battle.
- A Stealth Rocker (like Tomohawk)can be extremely useful to Mega Lopunny too, as Lopunny lack the power to OHKO most things at full Hp
- A Pokemon with Heal Bell support can also help Mega Lopunny, as otherwise it would be problematic if it got paralysed
- Power Up Ounch is a good way to gice Lopunny a few attack boosts, while also allowing damage.

[SET]
name: Substitute
move 1: Substitute
move 3: High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
move 4: Baton Pass
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Nature: Jolly

[SET COMMENTS]
Moves
=====
- Substitute is for increasing Lopunny's longetivity, making it a useful counter to many threatening Pokemon
- Return is Lopunny's main Normal STAB, and can severely damage many Pokemon.
- High Jump Kick is it's most risky, but best STAB, which enables it to KO many Pokemon easily
- Even though it doesn't have as much power as HJK, Drain Punch may be used as an alternative to avoid the crash damage and heal hp too.
- Baton Pass is for a quick switch with substitute up, which may be immensely useful in many cases

Set Details
=====
- Limber is very good as an ability pre mega evo, as it helps Lopunny not get paralysed
- The EVs are max Attack and Speed, and rest in Special Defense
- Jolly is for outspeeding fast threats like Syclant and Stratagem

Usage Tips
=====
- This set is good against stall teams, who are most likely to try and status you
- High Jump Kick is a little riskier to use against Pokmon who commonly run protect, such as Chansey, Heatran and Mega Diancie
- Try not to switch in Lopunny too much, as it can be worn down easily due to frailness.

Team Options
=====
- Steel Types are good partners, as they can help defeat Flying, Psychic and Fairy types, which otherwise hinder Lopunny greatly
- Pokemon with Stealth Rock (Such as Tomohawk) and Heal Bell (Such as Sylveon)are also very good partners, as Lopunny is extremely crippled by status and lacks the power to OHKO most things at full HP.
- This set functions well with counters to Talonflame such as Cyclohm and Rotom-Wash

[SET]
name: Power-Up Punch
move 1: Power-Up Punch
move 3: High Jump Kick
move 4: Fake Out / Heal Bell / Encore
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD

[SET COMMENTS]
- Power-Up Punch is a great way to give Lopunny free attack boosts, while also dealing damage.
- Return is Lopunny's main STAB, which enables it to severely weaken many Pokemon
- High Jump Kick is Lopunny's best, but most risky STAB, which can KO many threats in the CAP metagame efficiently
- Heal Bell is for healing paralysis, or other status
- Fake Out is a great first-turn first-strike move that can severely damage the opponent while flinching it too
- Encore is great for getting Pokemon that trouble Lopunny locked into a move that cannot harm you

Set Details
=====
- Limber is a great ability pre mega evo, as it enables Lopunny not to get paralysed
- Jolly is for outspeeding speedy, max speed and positive speed nature Pokemon like Syclant and Stratagem
- The EVs are put into max attack and speed, while the rest is in Special Defense

Usage Tips
=====
- This set functions most effectively against defensive teams, as Power Up Punch makes Lopunny hit them harder, every time.
- Try not to reveal Power-Up Punch or Heal Bell too early, as it makes it easy for the opponent to predict what you are going to use, and send out something to counter it.
- Power Up Punch should mostly be used to predict switches and be used to KO weaker mons
- This set is best used as a cleaner late game

Team Options
=====
- Pokemon with Stealth Rock, or even spikes are useful for team mates, as Lopunny faces trouble trying to OHKO things at full health
- Heal Bell users such as Sylveon are also extremely good teammates, as Lopunny is badly crippled by any status condition
- Steel Types are good teammates for Lopunny, as they help defeat the Psychic, Fairy, and the Flying type Pokemon.

[STRATEGY COMMENTS]
Other Options
########
- Adamant nature may be considered, but if a Stratagem or something that is at a good speed tier (higher than 119) is running max speed and a speed boosting nature, it may be problematic for Lopunny
- Thunder Wave is usable, but there are Pokemon such as Thundurus who do that job much better.
-Facade can be used as it can disregard burns.

Checks and Counters
########
**Faster Pokemon**: Faster Pokemon, even Choice Scarfed Pokemon (such as Kyurem Black and Mollux), can be extremely problematic for Lopunny if they have good attacking moves.

**Physical Walls**: Physical Walls like Cyclohm and Pyroak can wall and/or stall out Lopunny till it faints

**Fairy Types**: Fairy Types like Mega Altaria can hit Lopunny hard and super effectively, and many of them can OHKO Lopunny because of it's frailness

**Flying Types**: Flying types such as Mega Pinsir can destroy Mega Lopunny with ease, due to the weakness

**Psychic Types**: Psychic types such as Mega Gardevoir can defeat Lopunny easily, because of the weakness

**Pokemon with good priority**: Pokemon with good priority can destroy Lopunny, for example Breloom and Talonflame

Last edited:

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
While everything you have is definitely viable, there are a couple more options that it has access to that are good to mention, specifically Toxic and Encore. Toxic is a surprisingly wonderful move for Lopunny, letting it permanently cripple some of its common switch ins, such as Tomohawk or Slack Off Mega Slowbro. Even if they force you out, in the long run, hitting them on the switch can potentially ruin their ability to counter you later in the battle. Encore, also deals with a lot of walls, and such by locking them into moves that cannot harm you. Even Mega Slowbro, who you can barely damage, is beaten thoroughly if all it can do is Calm Mind. Both of these moves individually offer great utility for Lopunny, and definitely deserve mention. Personally, I actually really like them together, as they can absolutely ruin any wall that thinks it can set up against you, but as moves on suggested sets, Toxic would probably fit in best on the Fake Out set, while Encore would be a good option for the boosting Power-Up Punch set.

In addition, I would move Baton Pass from Other Options to a slash on the Substitute set. Even with Sub, Lopunny is not likely beating its counters. Rather, the sub is mostly protecting it from revenge killing. Baton Pass lets you get away from a counter, and get someone else in freely and potentially still with a Sub in tact, which can be absolutely huge in some cases.

Probably the most interesting thing about Lopunny is that it is so flexible. While we have it listed here right now as 3 sets, you could really just say that it has one set, as every single use of it has the same EVs and Nature, and consist of Return/HJK/Filler/Filler. Now, what those filler moves are obviously changes how it functions, but for the most part, every single viable filler move can be paired with just about any other viable filler move and still make a good set. It heavily depends on what your team wants. This is not to say that we should reduce this to one set, but I think it is important to emphasize that all these options are fairly interchangeable and customizable as needed for your team.

I completely agree with what jas said, and I think he expressed it rather better than I would have been able to, but I think Baton Pass deserves a slash on the Fake Out set, since it can be really quite good as a substitue for U-Turn, allowing you to give momentum and lure Walls, which I enjoyed immensely when I used it in conjunction with Gothitelle in my CV team.

Also, I wonder whether it would be better to slash Drain Punch with HJK in the Fake Out set, as it seems a bit redundant to run both and they are both Fighting STAB, except with different functions, similarly to the Drain Punch vs HJK debate on Mega Medicham. Keeping with the Fake Out set's last move slot, I believe it should be ordered like this:

Baton Pass / Healing Wish / Ice Punch

Ice Punch is still walled pretty hard by Tomohawk and Cyclohm, as you can see from the calcs below, so it seems slightly of a waste of a moveslot, especially considering how much I loved Baton Pass, which is placed in front of Healing Wish for the simple fact that you can use it more than once without killing yourself.

252 Atk Mega Lopunny Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Tomohawk: 132-156 (31.8 - 37.6%) -- 0.2% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 Atk Mega Lopunny Ice Punch vs. 248 HP / 252+ Def Cyclohm: 110-130 (26.2 - 31%) -- 5.9% chance to 4HKO after Leftovers recovery

jas61292

used substitute
is a Community Contributoris a Top CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Ice Punch is not the most impressive ever, but it is still the best option for a coverage move. However, it is not for Tomohawk or Cyclohm, who are both hit harder by your STABs. The real use for Ice Punch is Landorus. Ice Punch OHKOs Landorus-I who threatens to OHKO in return if you lack the move. Landorus-T on the other hand is, at a minimum, 2HKOd after Stealth Rock. Intimidate guarantees you can't get the OHKO on it, but by packing Ice Punch, you have a way to scare it, and if you come in on it, rather than the reverse, you can revenge kill with ease. Obviously, it also is a help for dealing with the likes of Gliscor and Dragonite, but Landorus is definitely the primary target, and it is generally worth it just for those few KOs.

That't not to say that it is always the best option, but it is definitely the only real coverage move deserving of a slash, and on the Fake Out set, I do think it is probably the best primary option, though, as I said before, the nice thing with Lopunny is that you can really customize its non-STAB moves to suit your team while leaving the general set otherwise the same.

I'd agree with most of what you said there, but I'm not sure it's better than Baton Pass, but then again I'm probably biased because I like to play with VoltTurn/momentum teams. I admit that I had underestimated Lando-I's usage in CAP (20th in December), but Landorus is still very much more popular in OU than in CAP. However, as you say, that more or less depends on the team. I'd still say Baton Pass would be my choice as the primary slash, but I wouldn't mind too much if Ice Punch was chosen as the primary option.

Encore is misspelled and still no Baton Pass on the Fake Out set (the first one), while you haven't changed the first set to be HJK slashed with Drain Punch for the second moveslot and then Ice Punch / Baton Pass / Healing Wish / Toxic or something like that for the last moveslot on the first set.

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
is an Artistis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
Substitute Moveset on move 4 has way too many slashes. I would recommend compressing this down to Baton Pass / Ice Punch. On any set with it, Healing Wish should be removed and put in OO. In all sets, move the 4 HP EVs into Sp Def, as per OU's standard (and it sorta kinda not really helps with Strategem's vacuum wave).

Substitute Moveset on move 4 has way too many slashes. I would recommend compressing this down to Baton Pass / Ice Punch. On any set with it, Healing Wish should be removed and put in OO. In all sets, move the 4 HP EVs into Sp Def, as per OU's standard (and it sorta kinda not really helps with Strategem's vacuum wave).
Done

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
For Sub set:
Ice Punch is really not necessary unless you really wanna hit Garchomp/Gliscor/Lando that much harder as to any other Dragon-type, Return still hits them a tiny bit harder.

For PuP set:
Fake Out should be slashed first imo, as that'll grant it the initial speed for it and then it can start Pup'ing later on. Fake Out can also help it put stuff in range for PuP if they try to sack a weakened mon to it, to then only get punished for doing so.

For Sub set:
Ice Punch is really not necessary unless you really wanna hit Garchomp/Gliscor/Lando that much harder as to any other Dragon-type, Return still hits them a tiny bit harder.

For PuP set:
Fake Out should be slashed first imo, as that'll grant it the initial speed for it and then it can start Pup'ing later on. Fake Out can also help it put stuff in range for PuP if they try to sack a weakened mon to it, to then only get punished for doing so.
Done

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
You can probably slash Drain Punch w/ High Jump Kick on the Substitute set. Encore might also be an option on the Fake Out set, since its always an interesting move to use, forcing switches and all.

Also, this:
Amitghosh said:
- Counters to Counters of Mega Lopunny are great partners
Yeah you got to fix stuff like this by fleshing it out. Actually name actual mons, give us solid reasons to use them. For example, "Fairy types such as Sylveon, Clefable, or Mega Altaria make great partners for Mega Lopunny as it they can check Tomohawk and other Fighting types that threaten it." I want to see more then just:
Amitghosh said:
This set functions well with Stealth Rock up, as it enables Lopunny to get easy KO's on Pokemon weak to it
Explain to us what its koing with the extra Stealth Rock damage, suggest some good partners that can set it up for it, such as Tomohawk, and tell us why they help. Really, for every point or thing you say, you should be giving a reason as to why its that way, and more then just a "its helpful".

Also, fix your Checks and Counters. They're incredible vague right now, so mention some mons, mention some types (i.e. **Fairy Types**), and replace "Good Priority" with "Super Effective Priority".

You got the sets down pretty well, good job on that.

You can probably slash Drain Punch w/ High Jump Kick on the Substitute set. Encore might also be an option on the Fake Out set, since its always an interesting move to use, forcing switches and all.

Also, this:

Yeah you got to fix stuff like this by fleshing it out. Actually name actual mons, give us solid reasons to use them. For example, "Fairy types such as Sylveon, Clefable, or Mega Altaria make great partners for Mega Lopunny as it they can check Tomohawk and other Fighting types that threaten it." I want to see more then just: Explain to us what its koing with the extra Stealth Rock damage, suggest some good partners that can set it up for it, such as Tomohawk, and tell us why they help. Really, for every point or thing you say, you should be giving a reason as to why its that way, and more then just a "its helpful".

Also, fix your Checks and Counters. They're incredible vague right now, so mention some mons, mention some types (i.e. **Fairy Types**), and replace "Good Priority" with "Super Effective Priority".

You got the sets down pretty well, good job on that.
Implemented the changes. Also, added the sprite of Mega Lopunny

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
As CB said above, you really should be fleshing out your team options and your usage tips. Your team options are in dire need of clarification, and as of now you don't provide any real suggestions at all ("Counters to Counters of Mega Lopunny are great partners" isn't worth anything at all).

If Mega Lopunny has trouble with Fairies, Psychics, and Flying pokes, then it would make sense that steel types would be good partners. I can give more specific advice later, but you really need to take the initiative and make sure your usage tips and team options contains relevant and worthwhile information first.

The good news is that the sets are looking a lot better now, and I think it's within your abilities to spruce up the other areas :)

As CB said above, you really should be fleshing out your team options and your usage tips. Your team options are in dire need of clarification, and as of now you don't provide any real suggestions at all ("Counters to Counters of Mega Lopunny are great partners" isn't worth anything at all).

If Mega Lopunny has trouble with Fairies, Psychics, and Flying pokes, then it would make sense that steel types would be good partners. I can give more specific advice later, but you really need to take the initiative and make sure your usage tips and team options contains relevant and worthwhile information first.

The good news is that the sets are looking a lot better now, and I think it's within your abilities to spruce up the other areas :)
Implemented.

cbrevan

spin, spin, spin
is a CAP Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This looks a lot better than before, I can tell you've put in a good deal of effort into this. It still needs a little more work now, so lets polish this baby up. Gonna do it sparktrain style tho cause nobody wants to read a bunch of paragraphs (not like this is any better).

Overview
-Remove the mention of Chansey in the Overview, you mention Lopunny's large attack stat making it an asset against offensive teams, and then go on to a complete stall mon. I'd suggest you rephrase it to say it's large attack stat in conjunction with its high speed allows it to put a large amount of pressure on offensive teams, maybe even mention some common offensive mons it can OHKO, like Mega Diancie after SR.
- Mention how its access to support moves like Healing Wish, Encore, and Baton Pass gives it some utility against bulkier teams.
- Also elaborate on the physical wall sentence, maybe mention walls like Tomohawk, Skarmory, and Pyroak as common physical walls.

Fake Out Set
- Mention how you have to be careful spamming High Jump Kick versus mons that commonly run Protect, such as Heatran, Chansey, and Mega Diancie.
- Also mention how you want to avoid switching Lopunny in as much as possible, as its mediocre bulk and susceptibility to every entry hazard allows it to get worn down easily, although Drain Punch can help mitigate this.
- You can move the mention of Stealth Rock in the Usage Tips and combine it with the one in the Team Options, which should prevent it from getting repetitive.
- Mention how Fake Out Lopunny is used mainly as a revenge killer due to its ability to get in extra damage with Fake Out.
- In team options, completely remove the "and some Pokemon that can defeat Pokemon that wall it." part, as its heavily implied and you should be listing these mons instead.
- Mention Cyclohm or Rotom-W as mons that can take on Talonflame, they also have the bonus of being able to take most priority aimed at Lopunny.
- I'm a little iffy on mentioning Steels as they share a common Fighting weakness with Lopunny. Maybe you can reword it mention how they can work as Flying, Psychic, and Fairy types sponges, but should be used along with a solid fighting check, like Tomohawk.
- Mention clerics like Clefable, Sylveon, or Cyclohm as options for a Heal Bell user, they also have synergy with Lopunny.
- Add VoltTurn users like Scizor or Rotom-W as good teammates as they can reliably bring Mega Lopunny in to get in some chip damage with Fake Out.

Substitute Set
- It might be worth putting Encore in as a secondary slash with Baton Pass, as it gives up some opportunity cost in order to completely mess with stall.
- Explain how using Substitute increases Mega Lopunny's longevity (it doesn't). It should be explaining how Substitute can be used on predict switches or status moves to gain Mega Lopunny a free turn to attack or pass.
- Explain how Baton Pass can be used to give an ally a safe switch with a Sub up, and how it can help ease prediction.
- You mention the 4 hps in Sp Def in the Set Details, but you have the evs as 4 HP in the actual spread.
- Add in the Usage Tips from the first set, and you should probably be giving some examples of stuff it needs SR to be able to OHKO anyways, like Mega Diancie with High Jump Kick.
- Expand the second bullet point in Usage Tips to explain how you want to Substitute on predicted status.
- "Pokemon that can help defeat Counters" -- Just go through you're entire analysis and delete all mentions of this phrase, it's just too big of a no shit moment.
- Most of the Team Options for the first set can be apply, so add them accordingly.

Power-Up Punch Set
- What are the 4 EVs in Sp Def even doing? If you're just gonna dump them put them in Defense or HP.
- Expand both usage tips, add in anything from the other sets that you feel should apply here.
- Mention how Power-Up Punch is best used on predicted switches or to KO weakened mons.
- Mention how this set is best used as a cleaner late game, when it can pick up a boost and sweep weakened teams.
- Same as before, add in any Team Options from the other sets you feel can apply here.

Other Options
- Adamant nature is out sped by everything 119 and up, might want to put that in instead of "fast stuff".
- Facade can be mentioned as it lets it laugh off burn.
- Healing Wish is great for setting up a second sweep with stuff like Cawmodore or Aurumoth, which is a totally viable option on sets where the fourth move slot is not that essential (I'm looking at you Fake Out).

Checks and Counters
- Fatser lol, you can mention actual scarfers like Keldeo or Mollux.
- Mention how Tomohawk hates Toxic, and that other walls like Cyclohm, Pyroak, and Skarmory can wall it to all hell.
- Add in a mention of Flying types as checks, such as Mega Pinsir.
- Add in a mention of Psychic types, especially bulky ones like Mega Latias or that annoying shit Gothitelle.
- Mention actual Fairy types, especially Mega Altaria.
- Remove the super effective part in "Super Effective Priority", Mega Lopunny hates taking any priority except for Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch.

This looks a lot better than before, I can tell you've put in a good deal of effort into this. It still needs a little more work now, so lets polish this baby up. Gonna do it sparktrain style tho cause nobody wants to read a bunch of paragraphs (not like this is any better).

Overview
-Remove the mention of Chansey in the Overview, you mention Lopunny's large attack stat making it an asset against offensive teams, and then go on to a complete stall mon. I'd suggest you rephrase it to say it's large attack stat in conjunction with its high speed allows it to put a large amount of pressure on offensive teams, maybe even mention some common offensive mons it can OHKO, like Mega Diancie after SR.
- Mention how its access to support moves like Healing Wish, Encore, and Baton Pass gives it some utility against bulkier teams.
- Also elaborate on the physical wall sentence, maybe mention walls like Tomohawk, Skarmory, and Pyroak as common physical walls.

Fake Out Set
- Mention how you have to be careful spamming High Jump Kick versus mons that commonly run Protect, such as Heatran, Chansey, and Mega Diancie.
- Also mention how you want to avoid switching Lopunny in as much as possible, as its mediocre bulk and susceptibility to every entry hazard allows it to get worn down easily, although Drain Punch can help mitigate this.
- You can move the mention of Stealth Rock in the Usage Tips and combine it with the one in the Team Options, which should prevent it from getting repetitive.
- Mention how Fake Out Lopunny is used mainly as a revenge killer due to its ability to get in extra damage with Fake Out.
- In team options, completely remove the "and some Pokemon that can defeat Pokemon that wall it." part, as its heavily implied and you should be listing these mons instead.
- Mention Cyclohm or Rotom-W as mons that can take on Talonflame, they also have the bonus of being able to take most priority aimed at Lopunny.
- I'm a little iffy on mentioning Steels as they share a common Fighting weakness with Lopunny. Maybe you can reword it mention how they can work as Flying, Psychic, and Fairy types sponges, but should be used along with a solid fighting check, like Tomohawk.
- Mention clerics like Clefable, Sylveon, or Cyclohm as options for a Heal Bell user, they also have synergy with Lopunny.
- Add VoltTurn users like Scizor or Rotom-W as good teammates as they can reliably bring Mega Lopunny in to get in some chip damage with Fake Out.

Substitute Set
- It might be worth putting Encore in as a secondary slash with Baton Pass, as it gives up some opportunity cost in order to completely mess with stall.
- Explain how using Substitute increases Mega Lopunny's longevity (it doesn't). It should be explaining how Substitute can be used on predict switches or status moves to gain Mega Lopunny a free turn to attack or pass.
- Explain how Baton Pass can be used to give an ally a safe switch with a Sub up, and how it can help ease prediction.
- You mention the 4 hps in Sp Def in the Set Details, but you have the evs as 4 HP in the actual spread.
- Add in the Usage Tips from the first set, and you should probably be giving some examples of stuff it needs SR to be able to OHKO anyways, like Mega Diancie with High Jump Kick.
- Expand the second bullet point in Usage Tips to explain how you want to Substitute on predicted status.
- "Pokemon that can help defeat Counters" -- Just go through you're entire analysis and delete all mentions of this phrase, it's just too big of a no shit moment.
- Most of the Team Options for the first set can be apply, so add them accordingly.

Power-Up Punch Set
- What are the 4 EVs in Sp Def even doing? If you're just gonna dump them put them in Defense or HP.
- Expand both usage tips, add in anything from the other sets that you feel should apply here.
- Mention how Power-Up Punch is best used on predicted switches or to KO weakened mons.
- Mention how this set is best used as a cleaner late game, when it can pick up a boost and sweep weakened teams.
- Same as before, add in any Team Options from the other sets you feel can apply here.

Other Options
- Adamant nature is out sped by everything 119 and up, might want to put that in instead of "fast stuff".
- Healing Wish is great for setting up a second sweep with stuff like Cawmodore or Aurumoth, which is a totally viable option on sets where the fourth move slot is not that essential (I'm looking at you Fake Out).

Checks and Counters
- Mention how Tomohawk hates Toxic, and that other walls like Cyclohm, Pyroak, and Skarmory can wall it to all hell.
- Add in a mention of Psychic types, especially bulky ones like Mega Latias or that annoying shit Gothitelle.
- Remove the super effective part in "Super Effective Priority", Mega Lopunny hates taking any priority except for Shadow Sneak and Sucker Punch.
implemented the changes.

Let's get this rolling.

Amitghosh there's still quite a few points from cbrevan's check that haven't been implemented; I've bolded them below. Please implement them or respond to him if you had questions about any of his points.
Overview

Fake Out Set

Substitute Set

Power-Up Punch Set

Other Options

Checks and Counters
Also, I'm going to tag the other QC members that have responded here so far to get a quick opinion jas61292 HeaLnDeaL QueenOfLuvdiscs cbrevan. To me, the first / third set seem like they could be condensed into a simpler All-Out Attacker set, mostly considering Fake Out / PuP are viable on the same set and aren't necessarily integral/mandatory to the set's success. I don't want to make that call alone though, so your opinions are welcomed (especially on how we would slash it; Lopunny has like 6 or 7 things that could go in the last 2 slots, I'm thinking simple move details mentions or even OO would be sufficient for a lot of them though).

HeaLnDeaL

Let's Keep Fighting
If we do condense sets one and three, I'd like to see something like this:

[SET]
name: Something
move 1: Fake Out / (Encore?? or maybe put to the sub set)
move 3: High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
move 4: Ice Punch / Baton Pass / Power-Up Punch

Fake Out and Encore can both potentially be used for a free turn of Mega Evolution, so I moved encore from set three up to set one. Power-Up Punch has been moved to the fourth slot, and toxic and healing wish moves out since the number of slashes are very cumbersome... It's very much true that Lopunny has a lot of nuanced options, and I'm not entirely sure if a condensed set is necessary and if making the sets more defined is what we really should be doing (i.e. making the sets have less slashes and less slash overlaps between sets). Overly relying on OU sets isn't the way to go, but right now our sets are still fairly different... Encore could alternatively be moved to the substitute set and we'd end up with something more similar in terms of set motives to OU while still retaining CAP metagame's interest. Overall, I think our first set should keep Baton Pass as a slash since Tomohawk Baton Pass games are relevant in CAP, and Drain Punch is also potentially more useful here than in OU (only mentioning BP and Drain Punch since their both missing from the OU first set but should not be missing on CAP) due to Colossoil and the comparatively decreased usage of Rocky Helmet Garchomp / Ferrothorn...

Anyway, there's my opinions for now. Whatever happens, Lopunny likely will have more OOs than the average mon.

Basically, my thoughts are 2 sets with PuP moved to set one and encore moved to set one or set two OR try to keep all three sets but have less overlapping of the slashes with more defined goals / roles.

I guess I'll post my opinion on the set slashing

name: set 1 (all-out attacker)
move 1: High Jump Kick
move 3: Fake Out
move 4: Ice Punch / Baton Pass / Power-Up Punch

with Drain Punch, Toxic, Encore, Healing Wish listed as viable options in Move Details, but not slashed to avoid clutter

jas mentioned earlier that most Lopunny are simply HJK/Return/filler/filler, which is the my main reason for wanting to condense the first/third sets, especially since the two moves that currently are the set titles are perfectly viable on the same set / don't necessarily "define" the set. Fourth slot ordering of Ice Punch / Baton Pass / Power-Up Punch is good imo; Baton Pass is fantastic from my experience, and better than PuP since the stuff PuP lets it muscle past in OU isn't enough to cut it here with Tomohawk being so prevalent, which wears it down quickly with Rocky Helmet / Air Slash. BPing out of scor, landoge and whatnot gets the job done just fine with the right offensive partners, so I wouldn't mind seeing Baton Pass / Ice Punch / Power-Up Punch either. I'd add Drain Punch as a slash in the third/fourth slot if anything; not running HJK on a non-sub set is really meh imo since it gives up one of lopunny's strongest offensive assets in scrappy HJK, missing KOs on stuff it'd really like to be KOing as an offensive mon and can't pass subs to benefit + gain from the momentum loss (drypass remedies it somewhat but eh)

name: set 2 (sub)
move 1: Substitute
move 2: High Jump Kick / Drain Punch
move 3: Return
move 4: Baton Pass

with Encore, Toxic, Fake Out, Ice Punch listed as viable options in Move Details

Encore can probs be slashed in there tho, likely the fourth slot, Drain Punch is fine here since it's pretty nice in tandem w/ sub

edit: oh yeah Heal Bell can probs go to OO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)