XY OU ORAS OU - The Sleeping Bear! (Horse)

Welcome to my RMT! This team is meant to keep Poopsy alive and well until its counters are gone. In this team I am aiming to stall out the opponent and widdle away any threat to Poopsy that is present on my opponent's team so I can wake up the sleeping bear (horse)!

Booty (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis -
- Giga Drain -
- Sludge Bomb -
- Leech Seed -

Which Mega Works best with Keldeo? Mega Metagross! But how about for a role I wanted Poopsy as... Poopsy is weak to Flying, Electric, Grass, and Psychic. Booty (Mega Venu) can hold its own against two of those (Electric and Grass)! Booty also synergizes great with Unaware Clefable and SpDef Heatran - Two great partners to the sweeping Poopsy.​

Plumpy (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast -
- Wish -
- Protect -
- Stealth Rock -

Plumpy is our Ace in the hole against Lati@s. Being defensive it will only take 37.8 - 44.9% from -os and 31.9 - 37.8% from -as with psyshock. That's enough to check both of them with a Moonblast. Also this team has a weakness to set-up sweepers due to having walls-o-plenty and Plumpy takes care of that.​

Munchy (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume -
- Toxic -
- Taunt -
- Protect -

Munchy is here mainly because of the synergy he has with Booty. Together the two can take anything except an Earth Power. (But hey, that's what Rompy and Gumpy are for!) Both Booty and Poopsy has a miserable weakness to Lati@s. Sooo Heatran can force an EQ from either of them and allow Gumpy to walk right in and then get the hell out with a U-Turn. Basically trying to catch Lati@s is being hidden as best as possible with Munchy and Gumpy with Plumpy's help.​

Gumpy (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn -
- Stone Edge -
- Earthquake -
- Superpower/Explosion -

Gumpy is your typical Smogonmon with the speed to do what's dirty. "Get in, get out, get paid" as they used to say. Basically Gumpy is the guy you sack to residual damage and end with a "bang." He is mainly used to force out threats and then generate momentum for your stall core to continuously widdle down the opposing team. (Please help me decide between Superpower and Explosion)​

Rompy (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch -
- Hydro Pump -
- Will-O-Wisp -
- Pain Split -

Rompy is the main Tflame counter on the team. Unless I can gain momentum by sacking Gumpy I need to save Rompy and Plumpy for Tflame. Rompy is a counter while Plumpy really just walls it and gets rocks up to force it to stay in. Rompy just generates more momentum for the stally team to force out Poopsy's checks and counters - the same as Gumpy.​

Poopsy (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute -
- Calm Mind -
- Scald -
- Secret Sword -

Who's Poopsy? The most elegant pony you will ever see that's who. Poopsy just kind of sleeps in her pen until I wake her up. Have you ever woken up a bear during the winter? Don't try it, you'll get rek't. Luckily Poopsy only attacks what's in front of her and totally demolishes it. And about 98% of the time it is not me in front of her when she wakes up. (Basically save this thing like it's your grandfather's lucky penny like this http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-221555942 ).

So if TL;DR, its basically just save Poopsy the Pony until you can sweep with it. The rest of the team can manage by itself, but it just can't kill off teams like Poopsy can. Fear the Pony.

Quick Copy:
Booty (Venusaur) @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 HP / 240 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Synthesis
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Leech Seed

Plumpy (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Stealth Rock

Munchy (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Protect

Gumpy (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 24 Def / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Superpower

Rompy (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

Poopsy (Keldeo-Resolute) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Secret Sword

On Munchy I would have ran substitute or stone edge over taunt. Since you have leftovers and protect, you can get away with making substitute last longer without changing anything. Stone edge would allow for more coverage and make Munchy a switch hitter which is always usefull on a team, especially since you are severely lacking physical hitters. 5 of your pkmn only hit in the special side. Your team is weak to special walls.... Look into fixing that...

What I've noticed is that this team can generally out grind special walls. Also note that Poopsy has Secret Sword which is also Physical. Stone Edge is an interesting thought on Munchy but I feel that in order to really make Toxic effective against special walls I need to run Taunt to stop all healing capabilities and force a switch so I can deal with the wall later. Mega Gardevoir is the main issue to the team as of now though but it really just poses an offensive threat. Booty can live anything and hit it hard enough with a sludge bomb to put it in killing range for Poopsy's Scald.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)