VGC Rate My Team Doubles VGC

Ok, so the next Sunday we are going to have a local tournament, and the winner will get a Charizard Y trophy, so I must win! haha

Well, now this is the deal, i´ve tried different things and I´ve come to this team, I´ve been losing severals time, but I´ve win many other ones, maybe it´s situational, I think the team is kind of balanced but still lacks something, here is what I´ve done (English isn´t my main languaje, sorry if I write something wrong D:)

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Fake Out
- Return
- Earthquake
- Crunch

Kangaskhan is my main physical sweeper, I think we all know well how it works, but I will explain a bit how it works, first, Fake out, the obvius one, it´s useful when your opponent flinch, more in doubles, also the added damage dealt by it´s ability. I choose Cruch over Sucker Punch because everyone predicts a Sucker Punch, there´ve been times when for example I am fighting against gengar and to evoid the sucker punch it uses a state move, so here it comes the surprise factor when I use Crunch. Earthquake is to deal with treats as TTar and M-Mgross because they resist Return, which is one of it´s main attacks (Even tho Mgros is weak against Cruch, just depends if I want to hit multiple targets or not). And at las return, not much to say, just to deal damage.

Liepard
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 60 HP / 196 Atk / 172 Def / 80 Spe
Impish Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Swagger
- Knock Off
- Taunt

I doubt a little about this one, because is the most situational poke in my team and the main problem is that it´s way too frail. I used him because prankster Taunt seems to be a must in the actual gameplay (Am I the only one dealing with several status moves? u,u). Thunder Wave and Swagger serve the same porpuse, to exploid the hax in the game, we all know how annoying it is, and with both moves at the same time the enemy either hits itself or doesn´t attack at all most of the time, also I used him in conjuntion with Kanga, I fake out one enemy while Liepard Taunts/Thunder Waves/Swagers the other one. Knock of is to deal against things as Cresselia, but considering that it can learn Moonblast it haven´t been as useful as I would want.

Cresselia (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 200 Def / 108 SpA / 200 SpD
Modest Nature
- Icy Wind
- Moonblast
- Helping Hand
- Protect

One of the most solid in my team, the EV spread is to have a little more damage while attacking but is most focused on defenses. With the current EV spread Icy Wind can 2HKO Landorus (One of my biggest problems) and no defensive Salamence while lovering the speed of the other enemy, it´s teamed up with Kanga to deal with those enemies faster than him. Moonblast pretty obvious, but the main reason to choose it instead an STAB move is Sableye, which mega evolution is a problem to me. Helping Hand and Protect I think don´t need an explanation.

Zapdos @ Magnet
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 160 HP / 168 SpA / 180 Spe
Bold Nature
- Discharge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Heat Wave
- Protect

Zapdos is kind of bulky, which is one of the reasons I´ve chosed it, also I used it to switch against things like Landorus (Yes, I hate that thing ¬¬) specially when it´s a choised one. I´ve found Discharge more useful than Thunder, and considering that most of my pokes have protect I consider it the best option. Hidden power Ice to deal with dragons and Thundurus (Yes, again *sigh*), there is no other reason behind it. Heat Wave is for coverage, Steel types are common now with the Fairies (*sparkles*) also is to deal against Bronzong when I predict a Trick Room, when this happens I usually pair up Zapdos with Kanga, then Kanga uses Crunch against the Bronzong and Zapdos uses Heat Wave Killing the Brozong most of the time and dealing damage to it´s partner. Again Protect is Protect

Breloom @ Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature
- Mach Punch
- Rock Tomb
- Bullet Seed
- Protect

Breloom is by far my fav pokemon (iknowishouldnotsaythissorry), but also one I´ve have problems replacing it the most, why? Because I know it´s very fail, but replacing him would mean either to replace two pokes or to use another one with the same typing but Virizion and Chesnaught are not good enough (I think Fighting type is one of the most important typings, because it has the highest coverage tied with Earth). Mach Punch deals great damage with the ability technician, it has OHKOed many Greninjas and TTars in a blink (Greninja is a big problem, main reason to keep Breloom is that, I still haven´t found a fighting poke fast enough to kill it before it changes type neither I´ve found a Mach Punch user strong enough to kill it with one hit). Bullet seed is to deal with Rotom-W as my other team members can do almost nothing against it, but still has its problem against WoW + Pain split rotom, although most of the time I am lucky enough to kill it with one Bullet Seed. Rock Tomb is a surprise factor, when I fight against a Talonflame or Charizard Y and they are against a Breloom it´s 90% likely they will attack, so Breloom uses Rock Tomb (It survives witht he Focus Sash) to OHKO them, it also gets a boost for it´s ability (Talonflame: It has a x4 weakness against me, I must attack... :fuck:) This strategy has been used by other people too, so is not as efective as it used to be also there are those awkward time when it gets burned and dies at the end of the turn. Finally Protect, I choosed protect over Spore because I´ve wanted to protect myself more times than I´ve been able to use spore, so at the end I choosed it

Kingdra @ Scope Lens
Ability: Sniper
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Flash Cannon
- Protect
- Draco Meteor

This is the most doubtful one, I choosed Kingdra because I needed an special swepeer, because there are sometimes when I am against an intimidating enemies (You know who you are) and I can´t start with Kanga, but it haven´t been as useful as I´d like, this is the most likely poke I´d change. Flash canon to deal with Fairies, mainly Sylveon, Surf because is an AoE move and it´s been more useful than scald, Draco Meteor for coverage. To be honest is the last member in my team and I don´t have much to say about it, I´ve tested it but I haven´t gotten the results I´ve wanted.

Overall my biggest problems are Prankster, they like can stop many of my strategies, Landorus, even tho I have two pokes with moves to kill it still gives me problems, Milotic because most of the time it burns breloom with Scald and Trick room teams, also I think I am kind of predictable, that might be my biggest problem haha

Thanks for you attention, I expect your answers!

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Hey dude, cool team. I'm gonna go through each Pokemon individually and give you my opinions about them:
Kangaskhan: I guess I can see why you chose Crunch over Sucker Punch so that's fine but honestly Earthquake isn't needed on Kangaskhan. You're better off using Low Kick in that slot since it hits everything you named and more such as Hydreigon. Crunch already hits Metagross so there isn't a need to run Earthquake.
Liepard: I've never really used Liepard before since relying on RNG isn't a good strategy to use but I'm gonna assume you know what the EV spread is for rofl. Honestly I think running Bisharp in this slot would be better as again relying on RNG isn't that great and it'll discourage your opponent from using Intimidate. Your team is mainly physical so running Bisharp wouldn't be bad.
Cresselia: Leftovers isn't that great on it since VGC games are fast so passive recovery isn't the best. I would switch Leftovers for Sitrus Berry as that gives you instant recovery which is what a bulky wall like Cress needs. Splitting 200 SpD and Def isn't the best. I would just change the EV spread to 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 SpA with a Bold nature since Cresselia's bulk can allow it to take any special hit in the meta.
Zapdos: Magnet is a useless item on it, switch it out for Rocky Helmet as that'll provide additional chip damage to your opponent. The moveset isn't the best either as you don't really take advantage of Zapdos' good points over Thundurus. I suggest changing the moveset to Thunderbolt, Heat Wave, Tailwind, and Roost. Thunderbolt is a more reliable STAB that doesn't hit your teammate. Heat Wave over HP ice because of your last pokemon that I'll explain later. The next two are Zapdos's good points over Thundurus. Roost provides longevity and you don't really need Protect as often on Zapdos. Tailwind is speed control that Pokemon like Kangaskhan and Breloom needs due to their sub par speed. Also your EV spread should be changed to 252 HP / 80 Def / 112 SpA / 44 SpD / 20 Spe with a Bold Nature.
Breloom:
Switch Adamant nature to Jolly nature as Breloom gets outrun by way too many things in Adamant, Jolly also lets you outrun Bisharp. Also really the only reason Breloom is used is due to Spore so not using it is kind of skeptical. I'd replace Rock Tomb with Spore since you've got things like Zapdos and Cress so I wouldn't worry too much about Charizard Y/Talonflame.
Kingdra: Critdra really isn't that great, honestly Kingdra is best on a Rain team and it isn't a great stand-alone Pokemon. I suggest changing Kingdra out with Assault Vest Ludicolo because Ludicolo makes your rain matchup easier as well as being able to check things like Rotom-W and Landorus. Moveset should be Fake Out, Ice Beam, Giga Drain, Scald also this is why HP ice isn't needed on Zapdos since Ludicolo can bop things with Ice Beam lol. 252 HP / 84 Def / 148 SpA / 4 SpD / 20 Spe with a Modest Nature works as spread. Another option can be Milotic as that'll discourage the use of Intimidate due to Competitive.
Other Options: You can replace AV ludicolo with Suicune as it pretty much accomplishes what you need Ludi for except for checking Rotom-W lol (but you have Breloom so it doesn't even matter). If you do do that, having both Cune and Zapdos would be really redundant so I would suggest switching out Zapdos with offensive Thundurus-I.

Well that's pretty much it dude lol. Hope I helped and good luck with the team :]

I like your team! This is my first RMT, but hope I can help.

I see your reasoning, but there's really no need to run EQ on M-Kanga. If you don't want to run Sucker Punch, replace it with Low Kick. I would also suggest switching Breloom's Adamant nature for Jolly, because Breloom doesn't outspeed much. As for Kingdra, I think Suicune would function well in his place. I've been using him a lot and he quickly became one of my favorite mons to use competitively.
Suicune @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Modest
EVs: 252 SpA / 140 Spe / 116 HP
- Calm Mind
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Scald

Hope I could help and good luck with this team in the future!

My PC is broken so I didn´t have time to answer before, thank for your reply! I will test both of your recomenations and keep you updated

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
Haha yeah tbh liepard is fine, idk why I said Bisharp rofl. Must've been too tired so yeah scratch what I said about liepard, it's fine on the team :]

So, should I edit the main treat and tell my changes or just add them in a reply? I am kind of new here D:

Thanks for your replies DaAwesomeDude1 and Hex Manic, will tell you now what I´ve changed consiering what you told me

Suicune didn´t work well, As DaAwesome said, it´s kind of redundant with Zapdos, and I don´t want to change Zapdos so I better leave Suicune for later
Ludicolo was nice, the coverage and all, but it´way too frail, not so much but still frail, also two grass types leaves me a high weakness against fire so I didn´t used it neither, it might work in other team I was thinking of... anyway, here are the major changes of my team

Kangaskhan (F) @ Kangaskhanite
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Return
- Crunch
- Low Kick

Almost the same but now it has Low Kick, great improvement! Now Kanga has much more coverage, Crunch is still a must, I´ve fought many Cress that use status moves expecting a Sucker Punch, also now I don´t depen on breloom to use fighting moves, might change it as well because not it doesn´t fit well, will leave that for later

I made the changes DaAwesome said to Cress and Zapdos, and yeah, it´s also a great change, now I can Switch when a fighitng poke goes against kanga, and the tail win has saved me several times against choised Lando and Terrakion, will change helping hand for moonlight tho, I´ve had many chances to recover, so I think it´s a great iea

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 200 Def / 108 SpA / 200 SpD
Calm Nature
- Swagger
- Thunder Wave
- Foul Play
- Dazzling Gleam

Changed Liepard for Klefky, better defenses and a little of coverage with Dazzling Gleam, I don´t know if I´ve split the defenses in the right way I hope you give me some advice with him, but overall works better than Liepard

THE BIGGEST CHANGE
Milotic @ Wacan Berry
Ability: Competitive
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpA
- Surf
- Ice Beam
- Protect
- Recover

You recomended Milotic but didn´t say a set or EVs so I just improved, electric is more common than grass so I used Wacan Berry, now I know teams with intimiating pokemon won´t lead with them because there is the fear that Milotic might get a boost, so I can relax and lead with Kanga most of the time, consiering to change Surf for Scald, if Milotic is paired up with Zapdos or Cress there is no problem, but Kanga doesn´t have the sp def to resist a surf and keep fighting, I´d like another move instead of recover, for coverage, but Recover has saved my ass many times too, so I still doubt, overall I love it, no more fear to Lando

Breloom stays the same, it´s my favorite pokémon but now is the one I use the least, it´s main use was to deal fighting damage but kanga does it great (Still does OHKO to Bisharps, but I have other ways to deal with it), so now I feel free to change it for another grass type, any sugestion? I am between Venusaur and Amoonguss for the rotoms and the fairies (Because of poison), but I´d also like an earth type to deal with fire pokes and sun team but I´d still be weak to rain teams, to be honest have no idea how to fill this last spot with the max benefits, any suggestion would be great

The thing I want the most right now: Good ev spread for Klefki and Milotic (And if posible other move, but I guess the moves are all right), and help with the last member, also thanks to this my ranking in Showdown VGC is almost (Yeah, almost, I keep losing D:) 1500 I´ve never been so high and it´s thanks to this help, what? is not that high? for me it is D:, also my local tournament is tomorrow I have a feeling I am well prepared *crosses fingers*

That´s all, thanks for your help in advance!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)