WhimsiDoom Hyper Offense (Peaked #16 on Ladder)

Me and my friend had been using a MegaAboma team I made and it really got him into RU, so we decided to build a team together. I asked what he wanted to build around and he said Offensive Whimsicott. The team looks pretty average on paper, but he won a few tournaments with it and I made it to #16 on that ladder (as if that means anything).

ru peak 3.png
I'm TheBulletInMyHead

Victoria (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Tailwind

To be honest, when my friend said he wanted to build around this, I was just kinda like "oh shit." I thought it would be really bad, but the more I use it, the more I like it. I decided to go with Modest over Timid, because there isn't much in RU that makes that difference... Well, there are actually quite a few things. Delphox, Virizion, Cobalion, Cincinno, Ambipom, Durant, and Heliolisk off the top of my head, but most of those are handled by another teammate besides Heliolisk (which I usually just kinda cry when I see). I had HP Fire for a bit, but never really found myself using it and changed to U-Turn. Tailwind is mostly filler, but it's kinda cool when Hitmonlee gets a Tailwind speed boost :]

Stripes (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

To be honest, I don't know how to teambuild without this and Doublade. Hitmonlee just hits shit hard and spins if I really need it. I think Reckless HJK plus Knock Off kills some variants of Cress after rocks, so that's pretty nice too. Adamant over Jolly because there's not much that Jolly outpaces that Adamant doesn't (except like timid Rotom-C and random base 75s running max or something). And Mach Punch straight up OHKOs Heliolisk, which is a big threat to this squad.

Troubles (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Ahhh, the other thing I don't know how to teambuild without. I guess it's a pretty standard set, but I do run a ridiculous amount of speedcreep, and it's mainly just for other Doublade. Doublade is basically just a really good mon. It handles the Cobalions and Virizions that Modest Whimsi is slower than, as well as Durant lacking Crunch, Ambipom, and Cincinno (but you won't see the last two in any serious tournaments or once you get high enough on the ladder).​

Kurt Cobain (Omastar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam

The Suicide lead. Get as many hazards up as you can then die. If your opponent leads Cobalion, Scald it instead because it's a 2HKO if you get a burn. I've caught some flack for Weak Armor over another ability, but I like getting hit by physical moves and then being faster the next turn, and in turn, getting up and extra hazard. I chose Ice Beam as my last coverage move because why not, but for a while, I was thinking about changing it to Earth Power to hit Coba harder and always 2HKO. I guess Icy Wind would be another option to slow down stuff that's faster than you and allow you another hazard.

Hot Pocket (Houndoom) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sleep Talk

I like to call this little piece of innovation "Nasty Plot RestTalk Houndoom." I saw a bit of trouble with Amoonguss and decided to throw this on to check it. I had Nasty Plot, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse, but what to put as my final move? I thought about HP Grass, but decided it was too mainstream, and Amoon would just spore something when it came in. Why not be prepared (or rather, have a 33.3% chance to be prepared)? If you get Fire Blast, it's pretty cool, or you could be like me and get Nasty Plot every goddamn time you click it. I have Flame Plate over Life Orb because it allows me to not get 2HKO'd by Aromatisse's moonblast, if I had LO, I think I would, and Flame Plate still aloows me to 2HKO with decent rolls, and assuming no SpAtt drop from Moonblast.

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Just a really standard Scarfed Rotom-C to top it off. This gives me Trick to cripple some stall, unless I see Steelix. If I see Steelix while facing stall, I usually click Leaf Storm as they expect a Trick and do 70ish% to Steelix as it comes in. Rotom is great for crippling stall and outpacing and destroying offense, other than that, there's not a whole lot to say about this mon, so I guess this has to be a pretty short description :I

So there it is, guys! Feel free to try it out on the ladder, as I got decently high with it.

Victoria (Whimsicott) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
Modest Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Giga Drain
- Moonblast
- U-turn
- Tailwind

Stripes (Hitmonlee) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Reckless
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch
- Rapid Spin

Troubles (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Shadow Claw
- Iron Head

Kurt Cobain (Omastar) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Weak Armor
Timid Nature
- Spikes
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Hot Pocket (Houndoom) @ Flame Plate
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- Sleep Talk

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Trick

Attachments

Last edited:

jay

I’m thinking bout changing the culture
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Since I'm on mobile I can't leave much of a rate, but the team looks really solid! Happy the way it turned out, I'll make sure to leave a more detailed rate later.

Hello TheBulletInMyHead! I'm also on mobile but I'll give you a few things first. First, I noticed you don't have a mega and houndoom has a horrible item. There are 4 great megas in the tier, so you could probably replace Doublade for Mega Banette or something.

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello TheBulletInMyHead! I'm also on mobile but I'll give you a few things first. First, I noticed you don't have a mega and houndoom has a horrible item. There are 4 great megas in the tier, so you could probably replace Doublade for Mega Banette or something.
I'd just like to point out that in RU (and NU), there isn't a wide selection of megas that easily fit on every team. (cept for mega lix cause it fits on every team) You suggested replacing Doublade with Mega Banette which ends up opening him up to stuff like SD Lum Berry Virizion or even Coballion can wear it down quickly, which were some of the things he has Doublade on his team for. Just remember that this isn't UU or OU, so a mega isn't necessary on every team.

gorex

penguin council
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogon
LCPL Champion
Offensive Whimsicott / Life Orb Hitmonlee / SD Doublade / Lead Omastar / NP Sleep Talk Houndoom / Scarf Rotom-Mow

Immediate Threats
Heliolisk - Nothing on the team really wants to switch in and really only Whimsicott and Rotom-Mow can take it out as it Volt Switches out on all the other mons or maybe even kill Houndoom with Surf or Focus Blast (if it hits)
Amoonguss - Really only Houndoom is able to beat it reliably with Fire Blast and it can come in relatively freely on almost the whole team, barring a boosted up Doublade that does quite a chunk with Iron Head.
SD Drapion - Sets up on Rotom-Mow (locked into Leaf Storm), Doublade and Whimsicott (to a certain extent), and outspeeds 3 mons on this team and ties with Houndoom and nothing can really kill it from full health.

Changes (I can somehow only think of one for now)
Scarf Emboar > Houndoom. Scarf Emboar still provides fire STAB, gives the team a check to +1 Tyrantrum due to it still outspeeding after the boost with the Scarf equipped, and Heliolisk as it outspeeds with the scarf, and functions as a sleep absorber to still be able to beat Amoonguss which is pretty much why Houndoom even had Sleep Talk, and Emboar does not even need to sacrifice a move that would come in useful (i mean sucker punch really doesn't do much on a scarf set) unlike Houndoom, which gives up the choice of Substitute, Sucker Punch or even HP Ground (allows it to beat opposing Houndoom). It also helps provide more offensive pressure on the physical spectrum which can help in breaking special walls

Test this change and see if there is anything else in particular you are weak to, and mention them here so that I can help make changes to suit them

gorex I quite like the idea of scarf emboar, I initially didn't have it on the team just because I had been using it a lot lately :P would you change rotom to being specs or leave a dual scarf core?

cott-lee-doom-doublade-omastar-rotomc

Ok I gotta say i really like the concept of Tailwind Whimsicott + wallbreakers in RU and this team is definitely decent at that considering that you have a solid hazards controlling core in Rapid Spin Hitmonlee + Lead Omastar + Doublade which is definitley effective but the rest of the team can be optimized. First of all Rotom-C is redundant in my opinion with Whimsicott (and Scarf is a bad set imo but w/e) so i would just make Whimsicott Timid (takes A LOT OF PRESSURE off Doublade to deal with Virizion, Cobalion, etc.) considering you make up for all the damage you lose (not much) with all the entry hazards you get up.
To make up for that slow i would definitely use Exploud. As shown in SPL and from my experience Exploud + Tailwind just destroys everything in sight, and you can run Life Orb if you want. It also gives you another Doublade check if it is paired with Dugtrio that traps your Houndoom quite easily since you dont have Sucker Punch.

After those changes i wanted to suggest you to use Life Orb on Houndoom especially since you have Rapid Spin support to get kills such as Tyrantrum after Stealth Rock + Spikes with Dark Pulse and massive Power in general to deal with Sdef Aromatisse and such and to run Sacred Sword on Doublade because Mega Steelix exists.

Sorry for the short rate but there isnt really much to say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)