Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Made some cool sets while I was teambuilding. This metagame has a lot of possibilities!

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Mega Launcher
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Dark Pulse
- Rapid Spin
- Aura Sphere

The ninja can spin! (Reference to when people thought Greninja got Rapid Spin day 1 of X/Y for those who did not get that) Greninja is a great recipient of Mega Blastoise's moves and ability since it provides a very fast Rapid Spin and easily beats spinblockers with STAB Mega Launcher Dark Pulse. Mega Launcher Aura Sphere is also a great coverage move, allowing to beat Ferrothorn and others. It only really loses to Azu, Mega Alt and Whimsicott as far as coverage goes, but it doesn't need to beat any of these anyway since none of them can lay hazards.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 64 HP / 252 Atk / 192 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Stealth Rock

A cool thing about Kecleon is that it can spinblock after setting up Rocks with Protean Shadow Sneak (Greninja can do the same Spikes). Lando-T seems like a great Pokemon to inherit from Kecleon thanks to its massive Attack stat along with solid bulk and speed. Drain Punch offers some longevity and beats most Steel types while Knock Off offers good coverage with Drain Punch and provides utility. The set is walled by Fairies, however.

Hawlucha @ Life Orb
Ability: Aerilate
EVs: 24 HP / 252 Atk / 232 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Close Combat

This is basically a faster, weaker Mega Pinsir. While Mega Pinsir often struggles with faster Pokemon that resist Flying (Megagross, Mega Diancie, Raikou, etc.), Hawlucha's speed tier is amazing and allows it to outspeed most Pokemon. It also has STAB Close Combat, allowing it to break through Pokemon like Rhyperior, Mega Aggron, Skarmory and Rotom-W better than Mega Pinsir can. It's also less weak to Stealth Rock and does not take up the Mega slot.

Thundurus sets incoming becuase high special attack
Thundurus-T @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Ability: Technition
EVs: 4 def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spe
timid Nature
- Charge Beam
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power(flying)
- Coverage/Nasty Plot

Inherits from mr.mime
Basicly use Charge beam to set up and proceade to try to sweep
or use a scarf and eat every non immune pokemon with an ever boosting charge beam
Or go for the epic power behind a specs charge beam, basically use charge beam

Thundurus-T @ Life Orb/Left Overs
Ability: Gail Wings
timid Nature
- Tail wind/WoW
- Fire Blast/WoW
- Hidden Power(flying)
- Roost
Same role as lando but weaker and special

Thundurus-T @ Life Orb/Choice Scarf
Ability: No Guard
timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Heat wave
- Hidden power Fighting/u-turn
- Roost
Stab hurricane hurts, alot

Out of curiosity has anybody try ed weather based teams here? you can inherit from allot of things to get weather and alot of the weakneses of it(poor ability distribution/typing contraints/predictibility) are solved by Inheratence. not to mention the usability of multiple weather setters and or effective sweepers.

For instance
A Bulky/ offensive weather setters are avialable
Lando-t could make a nasty Mega Zard Y inherater with what in essence comes down to stab fire/ground roost and wow
Combine that with a fire type chlorophyll user and you will have a nasty problem on your hands
Rain
A few decent setters notably, ferrothorn and scizor, offensivly thundorus/tornadus are good options
Follow that up with something inhearting swift swim and you should be able to make things happen, i am partial to thunderous T for this as his naturaly high powerd thunders are not really good to be hit by, not to mention the Boosted water attacks coming off of that monstrous stat
Sand
Any Rock type is good for this role, i personaly think that Ryperior/ryhorn inheriting from hippowdon is realy bulky and able to deal with a lot of threats(Gale bird lando)
As for sweepers pick something with high power and you should be able to pull something off
Hail
Not much is good for setting hail, it is preaty much worthless, unless you want to launch off 100 stab blizzards
(It can how ever be used as a FU to other weathers, particularily when using fast electric types with bolt beam coverage)

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
So Protean might be a bit borked, Greninja gets a few particularly good moves and Kecleon gets all the rest

Primordial Sea Flying resists are a great answer to Gale Wings (particularly if they outspeed Landorus/Salamence); Steels work best because they lose a weakness but then either have to run physical or rely on secondary typing to get by

MRay spam for days, nothing is taking a V-Create from Zard X lol

Last edited:
Question: Will the ladder be reset once the meta is fixed?

In other news, ban assist pls ;-;

Since someone asked for a replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/inheritance-222125014

The only useful counters are things that run Flash Fire. But then:

252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Aegislash-Shield: 264-312 (81.4 - 96.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados V-create vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Eviolite Doublade: 178-210 (55.2 - 65.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

I agree with DarkeKnight, I've played ten battles with assist (i think), and so far the only battle i've lost is shown in the replay provided by this lad :3
Anyway, from my experience at least, assist teams destroy almost all team archetypes. Assist plows through offense and balanced, and cripples stall cores with trick/switcheroo and trapping. I would post more but i cant because i gtg :( sorry d00ds

Anyway, heres a replay:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/inheritance-omotm-april.3529252/

On a final note, pls ban the megas.

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
Uhhh, I think it needs server restart, as my typical megagross set is not legal according to the ladder. (download shift gear blaze kick iron head zen headbutt)

But if move and ability illegalities are ignored, then shouldnt other factors such as Pokemon level and event mon illegalities also be ignored?

xJownage

Even pendulums swing both ways
But if move and ability illegalities are ignored, then shouldnt other factors such as Pokemon level and event mon illegalities also be ignored?
they are supposed to be, which is why have been allowed to use that megagross set for so long.

I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but am I allowed to inherit both Hydro Pump and Overheat from Rotom? I know we're supposed to ignore move illegalities, but these seem exception-ish.

Edit: Also, PS isn't allowing me to run Registeel with Unaware and Softboiled because it's illegal on Clefable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)