Inheritance [Prime Council Elected]

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I'm not sure if this has been asked yet, but am I allowed to inherit both Hydro Pump and Overheat from Rotom? I know we're supposed to ignore move illegalities, but these seem exception-ish.
These are not both available on a single Pokemon, so no. Fake Out and Volt Tackle are both available on Pikachu, just not together.

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
I have noticed that made up abilities(CAP) do not work but the abilities from CAP mons that appear in the real game are legal along with those corresponding move pools. I assume nothing can inherit any move from Necturna, similar to the Smeargle mechanics?

I, too, am running into multiple move illegalities, and my team that, as far as I'm aware, should be legal is being barred from play.

One of the error messages is also hypothesizing that I'm inheriting from a CAP, which is mildly alarming. ("Inherited from either Clefable or Arghonaut")

Lcass4919

The Xatu Warrior
I have noticed that made up abilities(CAP) do not work but the abilities from CAP mons that appear in the real game are legal along with those corresponding move pools. I assume nothing can inherit any move from Necturna, similar to the Smeargle mechanics?
you are not supposed to be able to inherit from CAP pokemon so it will be fixed eventually so you can't inherit from them.

Empoleon (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 200 Def / 56 SpD / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Whirlwind
- Roost
- Defog

Inheriting from masquerain. It's saying this is an illegal set. Either something's wrong, or I missed something

Tagging The Immortal clear this up (if it's a coding problem)

OLD GREGG (im back baby)

old gregg for life
Scrafty(Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Moxie / Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Iron Head
- Zen Headbutt
- Dragon Dance
- HJK / Knock Off / Drain Punch

I don't know if anyone else has tried something like this out, but it does work. Best used to revenge something weak with or force a switch in order to go on a potential rampage if Moxie. It can also make use of Intimidate to force something out possibly and allow for a free DD. Drain Punch OHKOs specially defensive Heatran at +1, but the insane power behind a Tough Claws boosted HJK coming off of Mega-Gross' huge attack stat is a legitimate reason to run it as coverage. Knock off is there if you want to use it along with a few other move options.

Illegalities are supposed to be ignored, so that shouldn't be a problem
Okay it's probably time to say how I feel about that. That is a very dumb rule. The point of Inheritance is not to make everything legal and ignore all this shit. It's to transfer (for lack of a better word) a Pokemon's abilities and moves onto another Pokemon. Why should it be allowed combinations illegal on the original Pokemon?

Right now, ignoring this rule, Inheritance should be correct.

EDIT: And that isn't even an "illegality", it is a freaking game mechanic.

Snaquaza

KACAW
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Well, I feel I got to respond to this. I'm fine with illegal combinations not being able to be used. I originally unbanned them since people were being bothered about it and I believed it would make teambuilding easier. I might have preferred it with them, but don't mind them being removed.

Also we still got many, many possibilities.

Last edited:

Ramp is pretty scary, dont you think?

Rampardos (Blaziken) @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Protect
- High Jump Kick/Close Combat
- Earthquake/Knock Off
- Stone Edge

Would of included b-bird and flare blitz but you dont want recoil meh you could have it if you want but i choose not to c:
Inheriting speed boost is supposed to be banned, for exactly that.
Okay it's probably time to say how I feel about that. That is a very dumb rule. The point of Inheritance is not to make everything legal and ignore all this shit. It's to transfer (for lack of a better word) a Pokemon's abilities and moves onto another Pokemon. Why should it be allowed combinations illegal on the original Pokemon?

Right now, ignoring this rule, Inheritance should be correct.

EDIT: And that isn't even an "illegality", it is a freaking game mechanic.
Uhh, so you're saying you just went with it and coded it with illegalities still in effect? I don't have a problem with it, I can fix my set, but that could really piss some people off: specifically snaquaza, whose meta just got completely changed w/o being consulted. I know I'm really a nobody here, and im not tryin ta beef, just sayin.

Edit: Ninja'd- I guess he's cool with it, but still, that's kinda uncool.

Uhh, so you're saying you just went with it and coded it with illegalities still in effect? I don't have a problem with it, I can fix my set, but that could really piss some people off: specifically snaquaza, whose meta just got completely changed w/o being informed. I know I'm really a nobody here, and im not tryin ta beef, just sayin.
No, I am not. I didn't even code the original thing; I just fixed a few bugs like Megas and such. This is how it always was on whatever server it was on. Surprisingly, it went on for this long with nobody mentioning it or even finding those bugs.

I'm still getting a strange "illegality" of being unable to inherit from Malamar Contrary Superpower/Knock Off/Topsy-Turvy/Destiny Bond, when Contrary is a regular Ability for it, Superpower and Topsy-Turvy are level-up moves, and Knock Off is a tutor move, leaving Destiny Bond (Breeding) as the only potential problem and I don't see how it should be a problem, since you should be able to breed Destiny Bond on it, level up to learn two of the three, and then tutor the last. (For that matter Superpower can also be tutored)

I'm still getting a strange "illegality" of being unable to inherit from Malamar Contrary Superpower/Knock Off/Topsy-Turvy/Destiny Bond, when Contrary is a regular Ability for it, Superpower and Topsy-Turvy are level-up moves, and Knock Off is a tutor move, leaving Destiny Bond (Breeding) as the only potential problem and I don't see how it should be a problem, since you should be able to breed Destiny Bond on it, level up to learn two of the three, and then tutor the last. (For that matter Superpower can also be tutored)
You could try using that moveset on Malamar and try finding a regular OU battle with it. If you still get an error then there's a problem with your own set.

In other news, RIP Wish Flash Fire Aegi/Doublade.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.
All Hail The King.

Altaria @ Altarianite (Dragonite)
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

This set completely destroys everything. Nuff Said

Last edited:

mad0ka

華々しい
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I'm pretty sure this hasn't been posted yet, so here's something kinda neat I found.

Audino (Chansey) @ Eviolite
Ability: Regenerator
4 HP/252 Def/252
Bold
-Wish
-Protect
-filler
-filler

Filler can be heal bell, screens, status, magic coat, knock off, healing wish, or encore.

Altaria @ Altarianite (Dragonite)
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Earthquake
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Dance

This set completely destroys everything. Nuff Said
Except anything with Unaware.

Edit: So are illegal sets going to be allowed or not? I personally feel like I have a right to Unaware + Softboiled in order to be a total dick.

Edit 2: Try harder Esprite. 0/10 AFDJ

Edit 3: I guess it actually worked on someone.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)