np: ORAS Ubers Suspect Process, Round 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malley

Dominachu
while I agree with this test, I think what's really being suspected here is the culture of skymin. skymin is the embodiment of this idea of 'must-win' that has no place within a competitive Pokémon community, if it causes pain grief some small annoyance to another human being

I for one will be happy when this thing is gone, and propose that in its place we all start running friendship

xox

Last edited:
Love the OP

Yeah there are 2 uncompetative issues going on in Ubers; Elevation moves and Shaymin-S (Not Mega-Genger!). His speed means that only Mewtwo and Deo-A/Deo-S can reliably out-speed him and prevent being haxed. This combined with its high power moves and seed-flare means nothing can tank its air slash. As shown in the recent replay http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-ubers-45650 this guy can win games out of pure hax. I have a feeling if this guy is banned it will set a president in OU where a certain steel pixy who likes to spam iron head will also get a second looking, but that's fine by me.

I don't think anyone can deny he is very uncompetative, I think its poor bulk and typing is why it has never been banned. But thats not a good enough excuse for me. I will be away during the entire suspect process so I can't contribute much to this thread, but I'm all for banning it. Don't have anything to add really lol. Its too haxy and dangerous to be allowed in Ubers.
Down with elevation moves. I don't care what presidents we set, Magnet Rise Obama is broken and needs to go.

Krauersaut

h.t.d.t.
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Based on the extremely skillful games played by Soulgazer and Tesung, we are given some insight as to just how incredibly OVERCENTRALIZING and DOMINANT this threat is in a metagame where it has little to no counters.

There remains the fact that user: Steelphoenix is permitted to use it. We can't let that bitch 6-0 everyone by click spamming Air Slash.

So, we're finally Suspecting Skymin?

Good. I hated fighting this thing and its Serene Grace+Speed BS

This coming from someone who loves Togekiss.

slooF lirpA

NabboCheTesta

Gniubbo come sempre
Skymin is too powerful. Ban it, there is totally no extremespeeds, scarves or mewtwos to counter this thing. Very banworthy IMO.

All my dreams came true

BAN IT NOW, NOW NOW! it can counter Primal Grondoun and Easily beat Mega Rayquaza with Absorb

Shaymin-Sky is a sleeper inherently incompetitive threat. I'm glad that our esteemed Uber Leader (~) Sweep managed to identify and test the threat, before it got out of hand just like Xerneas, Salamence-Mega, Kyogre-Primal, Groudon-Primal, Gothitelle, and Gengar-Mega did. I want to bring a completely pertinent and relevant calculations to the attention for the community to consider the severity of the threat of this Pokemon.

+2 252 Atk Life Orb Arceus Extreme Speed vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Chilan Berry Shaymin-S: 203-240 (59.5 - 70.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Shaymin-S Seed Flare vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Gothitelle: 126-148 (36.7 - 43.1%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

These calcs demonstrates Skymin's incredible offensive and defensive prowess. The fact that a boosted Ekiller cannot immediately faints a Chilan Skymin risks a Healing Wish or being Revenge Killed if it's weakened sufficiently beforehand. Skymin is one of many pokemon that can muscle through and 3hko Gothitelle and I encourage you all to use it against Melee Mewtwo for ORAS, XY, and BW games.

However, as incredible Skymin is, it does possess a crippling weakness to our favorite C- Ranked Pokemon:

252 SpA Life Orb Turboblaze Reshiram Blue Flare vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Occa Berry Shaymin-S: 386-456 (113.1 - 133.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

I encourage ladderers to start using Flame Charge LO Reshiram to counter Shaymin-S. However, be careful, since Air Slash can muscle through Reshiram occasionally. But do not worry, the luck is on your side unless you're playing Steelphoenix!

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I don't get it?

There are so many viable answers to Shaymin that work in the ubers tier that aren't niche what so ever. Let's bring them up as it's clearly evident you guys are missing hidden gems in the Ubers tier.

Choice Scarf HP Flying Pikachu, Fletchling, Sap Sipper Specially Defensive Azumarill, Girafarig, Zubat which is x4 resistance to Seed Flare and has Inner Focus and can handle it with air cutter, Drowzee, Focus Sash Glalie, Wobbuffet, Fly Dragonite, and my favorite one being Counter / Earthquake / Ice Beam AV Goodra who can check M-Salamence, Primal Groudon, Mega Gengar, and Counter on Ho-Ohs Brave Bird and KO the bird all at once. Why isn't this S+ rank yet????

We should be looking at the true uncompetitive strategy of Nosepass with Berry Juice and Recycle. It breaks my heart to see players getting 6-0'd by this OP strat and I believe the true problems of Ubers lie in this broken strategy. Just My Opinion

I agree with this suspect test, fuck Skymin, but can we extend this to DPP (and BW w/e) too? DPP Ubers is like the best tier ever and cannot be tainted by Pokémon such as Skymin and Arceus. Please ban it from DPP too. Thanks!

Hax is a part of the game, but user of skymin has the overwhelming advantage. M-gar was banned for the coinflips. Skymin has better odds. BAN. (since it's based on being uncompetitive and not on being broken)
Also when did Tesung get luckier than Steel? I'm gone for a few months and everything changes...

lol why is this being suspected? quickban it lol. shaymin has unrivaled speed! even many scarfers in the tier fail to surpass it! its power is so strong, it can

Stuff like this makes me question the competence of our council. Why would we suspect this thing? It dies to Ice Shard xD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)