ORAS OU Eazy duz it (peaked 1650+) feat. Mega Scizor and TG Manaphy

"Well I'm Eazy-E, I got female dogs galore
You may have a lot of female dogs but I got much more"
Hello Smogon(ers?)
This RMT will feature a team I have really enjoyed using the past few weeks. I am not the most experienced player, but I feel that this is a team that handles most of the biggest threats in the OU tier. The team peaked at 1665 (#150 OU ladder on PS).

For those interested I will leave a short explanation as to how i built the team:
I wanted to base the team around two of my favorite pokemon, Mega-Scizor and Manapy.

After this I decide to add a pokemon that could set up hazards and that eliminated Scizors huge fire weaknes.

As the team benefits from hazards i decided to add a spikes user and a pokemon that could tacke azumarill (without superpower).

Now I felt as though i needed a better answer to keldeo, and so, raw special attacking power that did not need setup.

The last member was added since I lacked a good scarfer, and I only had one pokemon that was anywhere close to fast previously.

On to the team:

Eazy-E (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

Scizor is one of the best megas in the OU metagame atm, and on this team i wanted to use one of my favorite Mega-Scizor sets. Bullet punch is mandatory stab. BP lets me handler all sort of fairy types, and remove Mega-Diance as a threat. I choose to run bug bite over knock off as i wanted a powerful (technician and STAB boosted) move that could hit pokes that bullet punch does not (Slowbro, rotom-w, starmie and the list goes on and on). Superpower is there to deal with heatran and magnezone. Swords dance is there to gain important attack boost when I am certain my opponent will switch. I maxed out the attack so i could pose as a threats even without SD. I run enough speed for to outspeed specs magnezone, as I can knock it out with superpower before it HP fires me to faint and beyond.

Ice Cube (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

Manaphy is on of my favorite pokemon. Manaphy may not seem as much of a monster, by Cube's first move changes that. Manaphy uses exactly one round to get 3+ special attack. Scald is Mandatory STAB with a nice chance of burning certain mons (And with that remove the effect of leftovers/black sludge). Energy ball is for rotom-w, CroCune other manaphys. In the earliest versions of this team i used HP fire as my last move, to take out ferro and Scizor, but after facing many pokes weak to ice i realised that ice beam was the way to go. Ice beam hits all dragons and celebi. I run max special attack and enough speed to outspeed LO kyuerem-B and max speed scizor and similar, and the rest is put in HP.

MC Ren (Heatran) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 184 HP / 124 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power

Heatran is my stealth rocker and fire blocker (see what i did there? killem). Stealth rocks are mandatory for a stealth rocker, so that move need no more explaining. Earth power is there to deal with other heatran, as my two other my barely hurts them. Fire blast is there as powerful STAB, and it hits many physicak walls for great damage. Ancient power may seem wierd (As many are probably still searching for flash cannon or protect). My team does not appreciate Talon and Zard-Y. Anicent Power lets me destroy pokes 4x weak to it. Ancient Power "transforms" my heatran to a much needed Talonflame check. I run enough speed to hit max speed breelom and bisharp and metagross before it mega evolves. I have put 184 evs in HP so that heatran can sponge a few more hits before it fanits. The rest is put in special attack to power up my moves.

Arabian Prince (Ferrothorn) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Ferrothorn is my second hazard setter. Spikes help me widdle down grounded threats. Leech seed is there to help ferrothorn survive longer and stealing HP form opponents all at the same time. I choose Thunder wave to cripple DD Zard-X expecting me to switch and to slow down threats in general. I chose power whip over gyro ball as I now better handle Mega Gyarados. The ev spread is that of standard OU utility except one part. Since I dont run gyro i chose an impish nature simply to outspeed other ferrothorn and maybe sneak in another spikes. Since three out of my six pokes can be trapped by the zone family i chose to run shed shell (I rank rocky helmet in the start to punish birdspam from talon, but i had to play so careful it did not do its job). By running shed shell i can lure the HP fire for heatrans flash fire and retaliate with an 1,5x more powerful fire blast.

Dr. Dre (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

My latios is a very standard set (but hey, who says that is bad). Draco meteor is STAB nuke and punishes pretty much anything that does not resist it. I chose Psychic over shock as it deals greater damage to rotom-w and unnaware clef. After facing one to many heatrans i chose earthquake over defog (As my team is very weak to rocks, but rocks + spikes hurts). Roost is there to survive as stall status / PP. The speed is maxed out so i outspeed specs Keldeo and speedtie with all other base 110s. Latios often needs a bit of prediction with bisharp and Ttar running around, but many times a well timed EQ predictions can do massive work.

DJ Yella (Keldeo) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

The last member is there to deal with fast threats. Scald is reliable STAB alongside secret sword, and Hydropump is there for raw power (but ill bet you my mother you have missed hydro pump once in your life). Icy wind is one of those moves that you almost never use, but when you need it you praise Arceus that you have hit. Wind is usually used to slow down threats and stop speed boosting. Keldeo is my teams only sort of safe switch in to bisharp (alongside scizor). The evs are easily explained: Max speed and special attack to outspeed and kill threats.

Eazy-E (Scizor-Mega) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower

EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

EVs: 184 HP / 124 SpA / 200 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ancient Power

Arabian Prince (Ferrothorn) @ Shed Shell
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Thunder Wave
- Power Whip

Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Timid Nature
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Icy Wind
- Secret Sword

Eazy-E (Scizor) @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Scald
- Energy Ball
- Ice Beam

EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Taunt

Arabian Prince (Clefable) @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Hasty Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psychic
- Earthquake
- Roost

Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Remeber that the NWA movie "Straight outta compton" will be in the cinema 14 of august 2015, and since i am nice, here is the trailer:

It Was Gangsta Gangsta At The Top Of The List
Then I Played My Own Shit And It Went Somethin' Like This
Cruisin Down The Street In My Six-Fo''
Jockin The Bitches, Slappin The Hoes
Went To The Park To Get The Scoop
Knuckleheads Out There Cold, Shootin Some Hoops

Last edited:
Hey I really like your team however I recommend signal beam over ice beam on manaphy because garchomp gets hit by scald anyways as long as you used tail glow
And signal beam hits lati twins and most primarily a new poke that is shining in ou, starmie

Hey, cool team there just a few things I would like to suggest. Firstly, you should use Bulky Swords Dance > 3 attack Mega Scizor, your current set does not offer or provide a role suitable for BO leaned balance as it is worn down quickly and can not provide relief for your defensive core. Bulky Swords Dance, still provides a great option for offensive pressure, while also be able to switch into offensive threats and take a hit and use reliable recover which the defensive core does not have. Secondly, I would recommend changing the EV spread on your Manaphy to this more efficient one of 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe, this allows you to out speed jolly Excadrill and neutral base 100s which are becoming very common with the decision of power over speed. This is also provides you with more bulk meaning that you'll have more chances to set up a Tail Glow. Finally, you should add Hidden Power Ice > Icy Wind, as you do not require the speed drop on things like Lati@s to out speed them the following turn as well as also needing the added power due to you being scarfed and not specs.

Hope I was able to help and I wish you the best of luck with your team!

TheEnder

a petal in the wind
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
Hey Lauk, cool team you got here, and I really like Manaphy at the moment, becuase it's so good at breaking bulkier builds. However, I think that some changes can be made to improve the overall performance of your team. Right off the bat, the weakness to Fighting-types in general comes to mind. As it stands, you have no real switch-ins, apart from Latios, which is commonly dealth with by coverage (Gallade's Knock Off, Terrakion's Stone Edge, Lopunny's Return). Therefore I think opting for Clefable over Ferrothorn would be smart. In addition to dealing with most Fighting-types, Clefable covers Electric-types, which become a problem once Ferrothorn is removed. You can run pretty much any Clefable set, from Calm Mind to Support. Making this change will leave the team vulnerable to Azumarill and Mega Gardevoir though, as Scizor lacks a recovery option. Therefore I totally agree with the above user; make Scizor the Bulky Swords Dance version rather than the offensive one. Removing Ferrothorn also means Gyarados, especially non-Mega versions, poses a threat to the team. Choice Scarf Keldeo deals with Gyarados once it has Mega'd, but giving it Hidden Power [Electric] over Icy Wind means it can deal with both formes of Gyarados. As you said yourself, you almost never click Icy Wind anyways, while Hidden Power [Electric] offers some value in a pinch. Lastly, just a minor suggestion, is making your Heatran the trapper set with Magma Storm / Earth Power / Taunt / Stealth Rock. This way you deal with Clefable better, thanks to Taunt, while retaining the ability to beat Talonflame (it loses to Magma Storm + Earth Power, as it cannot Roost).

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 80 SpD / 4 Spe
Calm Nature
- Knock Off
- Calm Mind
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Atk / 176 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Roost

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
IVs: 1 Atk / 30 SpA
- Scald
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Hidden Power [Electric]

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 12 HP / 244 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earth Power
- Magma Storm
- Taunt

chimpact

fire nation
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey there, one thing I noticed is that Gyarados can be a problem to your team, because ferrothorn doesnt have leftovers recovery it's going to be easily worn down. If it has healing wish support it can recklessly attack Ferrothorn and if its mega it doesnt need to mega evolve until late game because of its vulnerability to scizor and Keldeo's attacks.
As a result I would suggest you use HP Electric over Icy Wind or just change the Heatran set.

The reason why I say this is because you don't have defog on your team and against a team that has a spinner [most notably starmie] you're going to have a rough time. As they can stilll pressure you with hazards while removing yours. Additionally, Heatran magnifies your weakness to water set up sweepers like Gyara, suicune, and Manaphy. Only Keldeo locked into the wrong move or Lati at -2 allows that but Heatran is a defensive pokemon and you're going to bring it in more often than those two so they will have more than enough opportunities to set up on heatran. If you run Power herb Solar beam on your heatran you can surprise those water types on the switch or if they try to set up and nail them with a powerful solar beam. I would replace Earthpower since you have EQ and roost Latios with two water types and a fast scizor with superpower so heatran is not the biggest problem. Losing leftovers does hurt but I think it's worth it to hedge your weakness to water mons.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)