No Excuses Round 11 [ALL]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
[1] vs [64] plays [31] vs [32] in r2 and therefore if the lower seed wins a match, it mixes up.
If it's just 8 players it's 1v8, 2v7, 3v6, 4v5. now 1 7 6 and 4 win and r2 will be 1v4 and 7v6, so the first seed is playing the highest other seed left. Since 64 players are a bit more rounds something like 1v5 and 39vs59 happens

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
so basically, even though I was higher seed at first, and even though I won all my games... I'm now lower seed than xray..
hmmmmmm makes sense

w/e, we'll play this week-end I guess, or something

Sapientia

Wir knutschen
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
so basically, even though I was higher seed at first, and even though I won all my games... I'm now lower seed than xray..
hmmmmmm makes sense

w/e, we'll play this week-end I guess, or something
I know what I am doing, trust me bro. I just doublechecked for the unlikely case that I made a misstake, but of course I didn't:

You were fifth Seed, which means in a tour with 8 participants you are the last seed after Round 1. (See here)

Since basically every new round can be treated as a new tour, anyone with a seed of 2^n AND 2^n+1 with n being a natural number higher than 1 will face the #1 seed before the finals, because at one point he will be last seed for the next round (assmuning both winning every match of course).

The number used for n also displays the round they will face. If n=2 (which means your seed is 2^2=4 or 2^2+1=5) you will face the first seed in semis, if n=3 (8/9), it's quarters and so on.
It does not matter how many participants you have, because at one point they will face each other, even if it's not just 64 but 128, 256 or even 512.

The point of this system is that in the case, that the higher seed wins every match semis are 1vs4 and 2vs3.
But since xray and Aurious eliminated the #2 and #3 seed (and you eliminated #4) they "overtook" the seed of the eliminated player and are therefore now higher seed than you are.

If this explanation doesn't satisfy you, just check the Round 1, 2, 5 and 8.
If you are not able to figure that out by yourself: Image the rows of pairings being seeded again for the next round with the first row being the highest seed and the last row being the lowest. This inevitably leads to you facing McMeghan.

Also if you don't see it yourself:
In Round 1 McMeghan played the lowest seed: #64
In Round 2 it was the winner of #32 vs #33 (n=5)
In Roun 3 it would have been the winner of #16 vs #17, but #17 lost to #48 in round 1.

This leads to you as opponent in semifinals.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)