Tournament OMotM Ladder Challenge Tournament - Won by Kl4ng

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to the first OMotM Ladder Challenge Tournament! You can read about the challenge here. Results of the ladders can viewed here.

Each round of this tournament will be played in those four formats (Stat Switch, Forgot to Use, Classic Hackmons, Hidden Type).

As mentioned in the first link above, the prize is voice (+) in the Other Metas room on Pokemon Showdown! for a trial period of one month. The staff will then decide if you deserve to keep it.

Please schedule all matches via Profile Post. I can't see your PMs or outside chats, so without Profile Posts, I don't have any actual proof of activity and will just flip a coin. If you schedule your match on IRC or something, try to leave each other a Profile Post. That way, I can see you've both agreed to a time and you also have a nice reminder right on your profile.

Identity

I expect many battles to be completed under alts. This can be bad for tournament security, and thus I will make this clear: If I hear any whispers of identity theft (battling as someone you are not) or proxy battling (helping someone else battle through pm) I will not be pleased and I will take severe actions.

Scouting

Next, I do not want to hear anything about counterteaming, at all. Do not complain about it. I also don't want to hear about any blatant scouting. There is a difference between "[user] is known for using stall" and "let me follow [user] around all day to watch all his battles since I am his opponent". I expect a lot of the former and none of the latter. With that said, I give permission to all battlers to ask any person spectating their battle to leave if they do not want them watching.

Timer Clause

As for taking long between moves, if your opponent asks you to hurry up, please oblige. If you are doing a damage calc for a key turn that is one thing, but prolonging every move is suspicious and annoying. Don't do it. Furthermore, Battle Timeout is a rule for a reason. If you run out of time, you lose, simple as that. It does not matter what your opponent says. Do not battle if you think you will have to leave mid battle, and instead reschedule for a better time.

Disconnections

Finally, in the case of a disconnect, the decision is in the hands of the player who did not disconnect. The options are: redo the battle move for move, redo the battle with the same teams but different moves, or redo the battle with completely different teams. If the battle was without a doubt over, they may also take the win. Any suspicion that a disconnect was committed on purpose to redo a match may be appealed to me, and if I feel this happened there will be severe consequences, don't do it.

I know that was a lot to read, but it is all necessary for me to have posted here so everyone can see it in the case of a dispute. I don't want any confusion or any problems.

Tournament Rules:
  • Battles will be played on Pokemon Showdown.
  • This is a single elimination best of one tournament.
  • Because the formats are different each round, you are required to save and post replays.

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
Welp, onwards to learning a tier in a few days then.

It's too bad you can't really practice the metas you haven't played as it's dead now.

Last edited:

Knuckstrike

Hi I'm FIREEEE
is a Tiering Contributor
The stat switch code seems to be broken meaning it's not possible to play/practice stat switch just yet. Hopefully it'll be fixed soon.

I'm going to place my bets on Gimlaf winning this round. He's a great battle, has good prediction skills, and always comes off as if he know what he's doing! Kl4ng is a close second though, and I believe either will end up taking the gold medal.

MAMP

MAMP!
Kl4ng to take it all. Btw, what happens if someone who is already voice wins? Will they get promoted?

Might be worth mentioning that some of these players are not active on Smogon so if they are not (see "last seen" on profile) then I ask you to look in the Other Metas room on Pokemon Showdown. Ultimately though, you will be favored if you are active here and posted on their profile as well when it comes time for activity wins.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)