Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
1) Why is it that when somebody posted the same thing as you moments before you did, it was referred to as "ninja-ed", "greninja-ed" or "ninjask-ed"?

2) Where do we find the usage stats of PS?

Does anybody know if there are any good offensive Stealth Rock users that can force out Fighting-types?
If not, would something like offensive SR Mew be viable?

Does anybody know if there are any good offensive Stealth Rock users that can force out Fighting-types?
If not, would something like offensive SR Mew be viable?
Depending on the type-coverage of the fighting type in question, landorus-t can set up rocks and threaten out a fighting type lacking a good ice type move, as can clefable if they are lacking a steel type (bullet punch from lucario) or poison type (poison jab from conkeldurr) move.

What's considered the better nature/set for Mega Gardevoir right now? Timid with Will-O-Wisp or Modest with Taunt or Calm Mind?
Nature-wise, you probably want to go Modest, since nothing around that speed tier actually runs +Speed outside of ZardX. Or just listen to AM I guess.

As far as moves go, Will-O-Wisp is better if your team needs a way to cripple Mega Metagross and Mega Scizor, but Taunt or Calm Mind is better for wallbreaking. It's mostly a team dependent thing, so there's no 100% correct answer.

Last edited:
What exactly is the point of SpD Skarmory? I see people using it lately, compared to before when it was never, ever used. Also, what're some of the better checks/counters to Life Orb Gengar for balance to run that, a) aren't incredibly passive, and b) aren't AV Torn-T or Tentacruel?

Thanks for any responses.

SpD Skarmory is a neat check to things like Landorus-I, Latios, MegaGard, and some other things I am too dumb to note. Landorus has been raising in popularity, so thats probably why its getting more common.
edit: get destroyed

Last edited:
What exactly is the point of SpD Skarmory? I see people using it lately, compared to before when it was never, ever used. Also, what're some of the better checks/counters to Life Orb Gengar for balance to run than, a) aren't incredibly passive, and b) aren't AV Torn-T or Tentacruel?

SpD Skarmory gets decent mixed bulk by investing in special defense which allows it to handle pokemon such as landorus-i and mega gardevoir. A great check to LO gengar is assault vest raikou as it can gain momentum with volt switch and isn't passive at all.

edit: nice ninja

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
What exactly is the point of SpD Skarmory? I see people using it lately, compared to before when it was never, ever used. Also, what're some of the better checks/counters to Life Orb Gengar for balance to run than, a) aren't incredibly passive, and b) aren't AV Torn-T or Tentacruel?

Spdef skarm takes hits from the likes of mega gardevoir, mega diancie, the lati twins, reuniclus, etc much better. Spdef skarm typically runs iron head for mega diancie, other wise it can potentially lose to cm variants since brave bird does pitiful damage.
Other answers to Gengar are Mandibuzz (not that passive because foul play), Dragalge, and AV Raikou.
lol ninjad but w/e

Is there anywhere I can store my teams? I don't like having any more than 6 or 7 at a time and I don't like getting rid of them!

I've hit a snag when battling. Mega Pinsir seems to really give me issues. What's one solid way to deal with it?
There are plenty of mons that deal with pinsir effectively. Scarf lando-T, Zapdos, Rotom-W, Rhyperior mega manectric and raikou are just a few

SR Mega Diancie

I believe SR Clefable and Bulky Excadrill can. I'll see if I can find more.

EDIT: nothing else really stood out (though I'm sure that I simply missed some), and I thought I'd mention that Bulky Excadrill really just threatens M-Sab with Mold Breaker Toxic, so I'm not sure if that really constitutes "beating" it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)