ORAS OU First Competative Team Plz Rate :)

Hey peoples, I'm fairly new to competative battling but I've been using this team on Showdown and it's been working remarkably well so far. Please leave plenty of constructive critiscism and give any suggestions on how I could improve this team :)

Donphan (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Sturdy
Nature: Adamant
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard

This chosen set is almost always guaranteed to set up Stealth Rocks due to Sturdy and the Lum Berry for Spore leads. The Lum Berry can also be used to scout status ailaments then switch into a Pokemon that can absorb it. Donphan's main role is a spinner to get rid of hazards to keep the other Pokemon healthy. The Atk evs are invested to deal as much damage as possible with Earthquake and makes it a stronger revenge killer with Ice shard.

Metagross @ assault vest
Ability: Clear Body
Evs: 252 Hp / 252 Atk / 4 Def
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Bullet Punch

The all around tank of the team that has many resistances and brilliant bulk. The assault vest gives it the Sp Def it lacks whilst it already has great physical bulk making it capable of switching into any kind of resisted attack. The chosen attack spread provides coverage over all types plus combined with a whopping 405 Atk, it can make for a great wall breaker too.

Roserade (F) @ Black Sludge
Ability: Natural Cure
Nature: Timid
Evs: 252 Sp Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Sp Def
- Sleep Powder
- Aromatherapy
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb

The main role of Roserade in this set is to provide Aromatherapy to cure the team from the many Thunder Wave and Toxic users out there. The max speed makes it very likely to use Aromatherapy, even outspeeding Jolly Excadrill to then defeat with Giga Drain or switch into something else. Sleep Powder is for when the opponent switches out but I'm unsure what they'll switch into. Combined with the high speed Sleep Powder is also likely to put many other non-speed invested Pokemon to sleep.

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Def
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Pursuit

The main revenge killer of the team capable of dealing huge amounts of damage with its priority STAB Sucker Punch, or if the opponent tries to switch out then it can trap them with Pursuit. Knock Off has great utility and can rid of opponents items whilst dealing tremendous damage. The Life Orb and Adamant Nature give it that extra power to revenge kill almost anything plus the Defiant Nature allows it switch into defoggers for a boost or sometimes even Pokemon with Intimidate such as Landorus-T.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Nature: Bold
Evs: 252 Hp / 136 Def / 120 Sp Atk
- Calm Mind
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Mirror Coat

The Physical Wall of this team as its water typing, combined with it's great stats make it a superb waller. The evs spread is chosen to give it as much Sp Atk as possible in case there's no chance to set up Calm Mind whilst retaining it's bulk as if it was a Hardy nature for example. Mirror Coat catches opponents offguard and with it's given stats it can take a hit a powerful super-effective hit and usually OHKO that Pokemon. Examples of this include Contrary Superior or a Volt Switching Rotom-W.

Charizard (M) @ Charizardite X
Ability: Blaze (Tough Claws)
Nature: Jolly
Evs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 Sp Def
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

The main sweeper of the team, Charizard is usually saved for late game once all it's threats are out of the way so it can sweep through. The Jolly nature is to outspeed other base 100 Speed Pokemon without a Dragon Dance boost due it already gaining a big power boost from Tough Claws. Earthquake is mainly to OHKO Heatran which can barely touch Charizard with its STAB moves and can also hit other steel types hard without taking any recoil damage.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Mamoswine > Donphan - Mamoswine does everything Donphan does (except for spinning), and it gets stab for Ice Shard

OR

Garchomp > Donphan
- Garchomp is a great SR user and a tank chomp set (rocky helmet + rough skin) helps with your Talonflame weakness

Starmie > Suicune - Starmie is really good right now since it has base 115 speed and Analytic. He can be the new rapid spinner and checks Keldeo

Clefable > Roserade - Clefable is a bulkier cleric and fairy typing is really handy. It can stop dragon types that threaten Mega Charizard and Garchomp

Thundurus > Metagross - AV Metagross is not that good, and your team needed someone that resisted ground types, so Thundurus is a solid option

OR

Serperior > Metagross - Serperior is a fantastic option in OU because of his speed and his ability to spam Leaf Storm. He helps with the ground weakness as well

Ok so it looks like I basically changed the entire team except for Bisharp and Charizard -X, and now I will explain these changes more in depth.

Mamoswine can fill Donphan's role even better because he is faster, gets stab for Ice Shard (very helpful against ground types like Landorus), and has access to endeavor which is annoying for the receiving end. Garchomp is another viable option and the more common one. The tank chomp set is excellent as physically attackers will take 29% upon contact with Garchomp, and recoil moves like Brave Bird will probably do more damage to the user than to Garchomp. You also get access to a phazer and fire blast to kill steel types.

Suicune is great in UU because he's very hard to KO and Unaware Clefable is not in UU. Suicune is unexpected, but he's not the best wall either. Starmie isn't a wall, but considering how most of the team is offensive, Starmie fits right in. Starmie outspeeds most of the tier and gets rid of Keldeo. Its ability Analytic is extremely useful as it can KO pokemon on the switch. Starmie is also the replacement rapid spinner because Donphan is gone. Latios also falls to Starmie's Ice beam, and this lets you keep your Stealth Rocks on the field.

Clefable is really bulky and helps Charizard X as well. Clefable stops Latios and can KO threats in return with Moonblast. Clefable also has access to wish, which can heal your team's HP as well. Roserade isn't that fast in OU and Clefable's bulk is more dependable. If you decide to run unaware, its also a great choice because set up sweepers will be wasting their time. Overall bulk and fairy typing works well with Charizard X and Bisharp to form a Dragon/Steel/Fairy core.

Thundurus is a great special beast in OU because he has more than 110 speed, and plenty of power to back it up. Thundurus provides another resistance to Talonflame and gets rid of most threats by simply outspeeding them, and with a Life Orb to maximize damage, it can get rid of 2-3 opponents easily. Having someone immune to ground helps the team a lot because a scarfed Lando-T or Lando-I could come in and sweep. Thundurus is able to stop both of them with HP Ice and helps Charizard X's ground weakness. Serperior can also help as has more than 110 speed and it can sweep easily by spamming Leaf Storm. Heatran and Venusaur are the main problems that wall Serperior, but Charizard X gets rid of both of them, so Serperior and Charizard X can be a great duo offensively.

I know this is basically changing the identity of the team, and I'm sorry for doing that. If you don't wanna change everything, my advice is to try these changes one by one, and keep the ones you like. Asking friends to battle or making a new account to test out the team can also help you decide what changes are best. I hope these changes help and I wish you best of luck in the future

Mamoswine @ Focus Sash
Ability: Oblivious
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Ice Shard
- Earthquake
- Endeavor

Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 76 SpD / 16 Spe OR 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Psyshock
- Rapid Spin

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Flamethrower/ Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Thundurus @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 76 Atk / 180 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Hidden Power Ice

OR

Thundurus @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power Ice
- Focus Blast

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power Fire
- Glare/ Giga Drain/ Substitute (run Leftovers if you run Substitute)

Thanks for all the great suggestions. Just one more thing I'm wondering if Florges could work well in place of Clefable for it appears to be able to do the same job but act as a special wall apposed to physical since my team seems to be lacking one

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Florges is great in UU, but Sylveon and Clefable are better in OU. This mixed Clefable set is really good and should be able to be your special wall, while being able to survive physical hits as well

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Calm Nature
- Calm Mind/ Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Soft-Boiled
- Flamethrower/Heal Bell

TPP

Head TD
I hope it goes well. I feel like most of your team/ideas are from UU, and its not bad, but typically there are better options in OU (and sadly makes UU pokemon harder to fully utilize in OU)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)