2014/15 Association Football (Soccer) thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Bayern make it look so easy, feel so silly for thinking Porto ever stood the slightest chance of going through.

Bayern make it look so easy, feel so silly for thinking Porto ever stood the slightest chance of going through.
Porto haven't been a great defensive side since some guy named Mourinho was managing the team. So at bayern with 2 goals getting bayern through, they were ready to run wild

Porto were missing their two main fullbacks due to suspensions, but even so, I thought that today's game between Bayern and Porto was going to hinge upon whoever draws first blood and when does it happen in the game.

Once Bernat got that beautiful cross for Thiago to head it in, I had a feeling something special was going to happen, but totally didn't expect the result of the game itself.

I look forward to watching Juventus vs. Monaco and Real Madrid vs. Atletico Madrid tomorrow. Should be a very interesting set of games, particularly the Madrid derby.

Yeah, I don't know what Arda Turan was doing out there. It seemed like he just didn't care if he got a yellow card both times and it seemed that Atletico had zero offensive presence and just were playing to get to a penalty shootout or just play to get set pieces on the Real side. Then again, that's probably the Atletico style anyway.

The final four of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Juventus...that will be very interesting.

Yeah, I don't know what Arda Turan was doing out there. It seemed like he just didn't care if he got a yellow card both times and it seemed that Atletico had zero offensive presence and just were playing to get to a penalty shootout or just play to get set pieces on the Real side. Then again, that's probably the Atletico style anyway.

The final four of Barcelona, Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, and Juventus...that will be very interesting.
I thought Atletico and Real would go 1-1 with atletico getting a set piece goal and then absorb all the pressure from Real with finally giving up one but too late in the game. But the Juve game was obvious what would happen. Nothing is more dangerous than playing an Italian team that only needs a draw

HBK

Subtlety is my middle name
Yeah, I'm leaning toward's a Bayern vs Real final, Barca vs Bayern will be pretty fucking close though, and entertaining as hell. But which one of us isn't rooting for Juventus to win the whole thing? :P

Fuck Italian clubs? Lol. Personally I'm rooting for the Italian clubs so they can overtake England in the rankings next year hopefully.

Expecting Bayern to win vs Barcelona, if it was one leg (if they met in finals) it'd be a harder call for me but Bayern w/ second leg at home seems like they would take this.

With all due respect to Juventus I'd say the odds of them beating Real aren't too high. They could do, would be fun.

If it's a Bayern vs Real or Barca vs Real finals Real really needs to up their game before then and get back to their early-season form.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)