- Standard Bulky Water

[Set]

name: Bulky Water
move 1: Blizzard
move 2: Body Slam / Seismic Toss
move 3: Earthquake / Submission
move 4: Surf / Hydro Pump

[Set comments]

There is not a real reason to prefer Blastoise to any other OU Bulky Water. It doesn't have a lot of available option so this set just use "standard" moves to hit many threat as possible. Blizzard is useful to hurt grass pokemon like Exeggutor, Venusaur and Victreebel (and Zapdos too, even if it is not a grass type!). Seismic Toss is standard, but you could prefer Body Slam cause of his % to paralyze. Earthquake hurts Gengar while Submission could 2HKO a paralyzed Chansey with ~95% HP (even if you have to get two high rolls). Hydro Pump and Surf are STAB moves so choose what you prefer between power and safety.

[Additional comments]

- nothing to say

Last edited:

froggy25

Bye RNGmon
is a Researcher Alumnus
Blastoise has no reason to be used in OU imho.

In UU its main issue is that there are too many Waters competing for team slots (Golduck, Poliwrath, Vaporeon and Kingler are the main ones)

Blastoise isn't remotely viable in ou and is totally outclassed in every respect by the plethora of water types in existence. I mean you say as much in your analysis. Sorry but there is really no reason for this analysis to be a thing. I'll comment on the other analyses when I get onto a computer, and I promise not to be so blunt about things

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)