ORAS NU Praise lord drifblim

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this team I basically just put together some pokes that I like and in some cases I made some unusual hence surprising (I guess) sets, which might or might not work. Please give me some feedback how could I make this an absolute kickass team! What I think really need changes is my golurk and electivire. And I probably need more priority moves.

Firefly (Golurk) @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA
Modest Nature
- Focus Blast
- Dynamic Punch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball

Golurk is on my team because I love the design of this pokemon. And well the set I used... it is definitely unusual but not really effective. To be honest I had rampages with him starting with dynamic punches and then focus blasting the enemies away by taking advantage of the no guard ability, but he is just very fragile. There is no safe switch in because it's always a 2HKO with even neutrally effective moves. So the bottomline is that I realise how I have to change or replace him, but I still wanted to upload this set here because I think it's fun and maybe worth mentioning.

Gasgas (Drifblim) (F) @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Destiny Bond
- Will-O-Wisp
- Knock Off/Baton pass?

She is just an absolute beast. With the massive amount of Hp it can withstand one hit of any kind of attack. You just need to make sure you switch her in to a super effective one and that unleashes the anger this friendly looking balloon has inside her.
I first had phantom force as the last move, but almost every NU team has a pyroar or a swellow so that attack is easy to block. I changed it to knock off for more effectiveness, but maybe baton pass would be better? I don't know if baton pass passes the unburden speed raise as well or not. Acrobatics is self explanatory, will-o-wisp is a good move while waiting for my unburden-weaknesspolicy to activate.

Laura (Kadabra) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Signal Beam

My kadabra is a must have. She is great against many things, mostly guarantees at least a 2HKO (and the focus sash helps with that). Magic guard is a great addition, I can freely switch her in with one remaining Hp on any kind of entry hazard.The set: Now as I was writing this explanation I realised how dazzling gleam is completely useless on her. There are no dragons in NU and psychic takes much better care of the fighting type. What do you suggest getting instead? I didn't use shadow ball in the first place because I already had enough ghosts (but I had shadow force on drifblim at that time)

Paula (Scyther) (F) @ Eviolite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Swords Dance
- Bug Bite
- Roost

Pretty basic set. At first I had quick attack instead of roost but I figured roost might be more useful if the opponent takes my avalugg out and sets up late game stealth rocks.

Titanic (Avalugg) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 30 SpA
- Rapid Spin
- Avalanche
- Toxic
- Recover

I put it on the team to get rid of stealth rocks for my flying types, but it proved to be a much better player than just a disposable rapid spinner. I tried to make it an all-around wall.
Recently replaced gyro ball with toxic.

Saint Vincent (Electivire) (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Flamethrower
- Wild Charge
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Good opener on pokemon that want to put me to sleep. Otherwise he can just volt switch out of risky situations. Of course the lead pokemon is often a ground type and that makes me want to use an other lead sometimes, but that is why hp ice is there. Mixed attacker.

Last edited:
Hey Bro.
Interesting squad you have yourself, which puts to use some really odd (and not for the better) sets, and I feel like I have a couple of suggestions that will put better to use some of the mons in this team.

First of all, looking at Golurk, you have a mixed assault vest set, and although Golurk itself is a fantastic Mon that I feel is criminally underrated, you are using it wrong in my opinion. To compound this, you are missing a stealth rocker. So what I'm going to suggest is a physically defensive seismitoad > Golurk.
This adds a staple on any and every team, which is stealth rock, as well as a crucial water resist, which allows seis to pivot in and out of mons like samurott, and other waters. Not to mention its probably one of the more reliable rocks setters we have ATM as well.

Next thing I am going to suggest is Sitrus Berry Acroblimp > WP Drifblim. For you this means you have a reliable cleaner, that in the late game, can get a few sub's down, activate the sitrus boost and proceed to clean with acrobatics. If you can't kill something, and you would rather it dead, proceed to destiny bond it to the ground as a means of helping some of your other mons sweep.

My final change is to do with electivire. This thing really isn't very good, and your set doesn't do it many favours either. A - attack wild charge is going to be doing nothing to common evire checks but only hamper it. My solution is replacing the Mon all together for a new pivot, and in this case I think a fist plate encore primeape > evire is the best solution. Scarf is also an option, but primeape I've found to be particularly good with this set, u-turn and encore are a match made in heavan and is sure to be more annoying for your opponent than a weak volt switcher. Not only this, but primeape synergizes well with scyther and kadabra, forming a menacing hyper offense core that is sure to break down all types of teams, whether they are defensive or offensive.

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Knock Off

Drifblim @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Will-O-Wisp
- Acrobatics
- Destiny Bond

Primeape @ Fist Plate
Ability: Defiant / Vital Spirit
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- U-Turn
- Encore
- Gunk Shot / Ice Punch / Stone Edge

Best of luck for the future.
~HJAD

Hey there,

Your team looks pretty fun to use, special Golurk has some interesting moves at its disposal and using electrivire as a sleep powder counter is also smart. I do think you made a couple of mistakes which could easily be corrected.
However, I have a couple of suggestions.
  • Choice band + u-turn Scyther > eviolite Scyther : In my opinion scyther is just too frail (like sneasel) to set up on stuff in the tier , you can bring him in twice on SR so be wise using him. U-turn is for initiative and knock off is there to get rid of any useful items on the opponent's side of the field. Also you create a lot of initiative by using the primeape set suggested.
  • HJAD suggestion of seis > special golurk is one I support but I would change the spread a bit. Since you already have a defensive wall in avalugg and your team looks mostly based around offense , defensive seis would slow you down during a game. I use a special offensive set, with max speed and max SpA + stealh rocks. Added mystic water for extra hydro pump damage, earth power (stab) , Stealth rocks (chip damage) , and grass knot for other Seis or quacsire, and samurott.
  • Suggestion on move slot for kadabra : encore > dazzling gleam to limit sucker punch users like pawniard and kangkashan but also shut down set-up sweepers. (using this on my mega-zam in ou)
  • If you want to keep Golurk (I understand it's fun to use), you might have to consider slapping a choice-specs > assault vest on there.

That's it, hope I'm of help. I could explain myself more if you need me to, but I hadn't got the time when I was writing this.

Scyther @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Quick Attack

Sponge (Seismitoad) @ Mystic Water
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Hydro Pump
- Earth Power
- Grass Knot

Kadabra @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- Psychic
- Energy Ball
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello andrasmate !

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)