Tournament BLT Group Stages: Week 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Art by sirDonovan, Credit to Scene for the layout
Welcome to the third week of the Best Leaderboarders Tournament! The format of this tournament is simple: there will be 2 groups with 4 teams in each. Within each group, the four teams face each of the other three teams in their group once. After three weeks, the teams will be ranked (3 points for a win, 1 for a draw, 0 for a loss). The top two teams advance from their groups, while the rest are eliminated. From here, the top 4 teams that advance will verse each other in single elimination format, for the semi-finals and then finals. Matches will be in standard Smogon ORAS tiers, so challenge your opponent in those. Obviously, play on PS. Series are best of one.

Basic tournament rules - you absolutely should read this, especially if you're new to forum tournaments

• Sportsmanship: don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction or disqualification. Think before you type, please.

• Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry.

• Disconnections and timer: a timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.

• Ghosting and identity: don't take or give battle advice or make moves based on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught and you will be disqualified. Don't be silly.

• Substitutions: managers are free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage of the tournament

Matchups! The format is Smogon name (PS name, if different):

Black Group
Humilau Huntails (Feliburn) - Anistar Aegislashes (TheEpicBro)
Lumiose Luxrays (Acast) - Blackthorn Bisharps (Swirlyder)
Humilau Huntails (5) vs. (2) Anistar Aegislashes

Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta
OU: XtC BlakkOutZ vs. Genesis7
UU: Arifeen vs. LiberalLucario
RU: nuggetman vs. Scald
NU: Hyuhyy vs. AV99
LC: Anditeo vs. FlareonZ
Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. SupahGassy

Lumiose Luxrays (3) vs. (4) Blackthorn Bisharps

Ubers: Dream Eater Gengar vs. Freeroamer
OU: Jefo vs. Lepros
UU: petyer vs. Sae Sae
RU: Trade vs. Stall Hater
NU: Metaphysical vs. Megazard Z
LC: Uberbully (Coinstalker) vs. Mihkae Pham (Twakked Out)
Doubles OU: Majore D' Mawile vs. miltankmilk

White Group

Geosenge Garchomps (Jack Dalton) - Orebrugh Onixes (Jetpack)
Anville Arcanines (Airwolf) - Ever Grande Explouds (antemortem)

Geosenge Garchomps (4) vs. (3) Oreburgh Onixes

Ubers: Wombology vs. Angeela
OU: IvoPost vs. ready2go202
UU: Vapo vs. naruto(sage)
RU: soTsoT vs. Imanalt
NU: iplaytennislol vs. mayomayo
LC: TerribleThomas vs. jeran
Doubles OU: unfixable vs. BattleFight (Battles123)

Anville Arcanines (3) vs. (4) Ever Grande Explouds

Ubers: SupaFreez vs. Catniss Everdeen
OU: HeiDoe (Snowydoe) vs. Updated Kanto
UU: mj20 vs. Jariibo
RU: A Random Duck vs. After Hours
NU: Pedrorealmadrid7 vs. Criticality
LC: manu 11 vs. OP
Doubles OU: Croven vs. BLOOD TOTEM

Anistar Aegislashes
Humilau Huntails - 4
Lumiose Luxrays - 3
Blackthorn Bisharps - 4

Oreburgh Onixes - 6
Geosenge Garchomps - 6
Anville Arcanines - 3
Ever Grande Explouds - 3
To the players: Remember to use the Indigo Plateau room to discuss everything about BLT and find your opponents! This week ends May 3rd at 5:00 PM EST. Enjoy!

Last edited:

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Me and DeG are both staff in the mono room, should be 0 issue with getting this done

also could you edit the standings so we can actually see where we are in our groups? n_n

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
disappointed that we don't have a single win yet but at least we're having fun in the process, right?

good luck to everyone this week! let's bring in a win this time around.

Reactions: Ace
Contacted my opponent + Predictions

Ubers: BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta - Like I stated previously Valetta is a very solid opponent and will be hard to beat.

OU: XtC BlakkOutZ vs. Genesis7 - Going based off of who I believe to has more experience here.

UU: Arifeen vs. LiberalLucario - Arifeen been letting down my predictions lately, but I think he'll change that this week.

RU: nuggetman vs. Scald - I think this will be a close one, but scald has proven him self slightly more in the tour so far.

NU: Hyuhyy vs. AV99 - Another close one and it really could go either way, but giving it to Hyuhyy as im more familiar with his level of play.

LC: Anditeo vs. FlareonZ - Homie FalareonZ hasnt let me down in my predictions so far

Doubles OU: Silverwhiteblue vs. SupahGassy - Silver has proven himself to be a good battler, has come a long way and shown results, so I'll going off that.

Ubers: Dream Eater Gengar vs. Freeroamer - Free got some nice results recently and has defiantly show his skill in the tour.

OU: Jefo vs. Lepros - Jefo is a talented player whose been around the block a while now, that's about all I can say.

UU: petyer vs. Sae Sae - Keen to see how this battle plays off, should be a close one! I think petyer has the edge though going off past battles.

RU: Trade vs. Stall Hater - Trade is yet another very good player in the tour and I dont see many people beating him.

NU: Metaphysical vs. Megazard Z - Close one yet again, but Metaphysical has shown a lot to like in the last few games.

LC: Uberbully (Coinstalker) vs. Mihkae Pham (Twakked Out) - Homie Uberbully been around for a long time now and has some skills on his hands.

Doubles OU: Majore D' Mawile vs. miltankmilk - More fimiliar with miltankmilk and has shown a lot of promise.

Ubers: Wombology vs. Angeela - keen to see this battle, giving it to wombology, as his played his fair share of tours and might have an edge with his experience. In saying that it could go either way and angeela has been a promising player so far.

OU: IvoPost vs. ready2go202 - I wish IvoPost the best of luck trying to compete with this mans luck.

UU: Vapo vs. naruto(sage) - Vapo is a great player and there's not much point saying anything else

RU: soTsoT vs. Imanalt - soTsoT is an old school homie and is really under looked as a player.

NU: iplaytennislol vs. mayomayo - Tennis is a great player blah blah blah

LC: TerribleThomas vs. jeran - Jeran has nothing but results to back up him already being a good player, nuff said.

Doubles OU: unfixable vs. BattleFight (Battles123) - Battles is another old school homie who has been slept on recently.

Edit:

petyer vs. Sae Sae - Two very promising players going at it, in an evenly matched game.

mj20 vs. Jariibo - Jariibo, one of the most solid players we have in the tour, playing a real upcoming talent with a lot of potntial, mj20. This will be interesting af!

HeiDoe (Snowydoe) vs. Updated Kanto - Sweating hard for this match up, but looks like a good one.

Macle vs. OP - Fucking insane, period.

Wombology vs. Angeela - Like I said this will be interesting to watch and both player show a lot of talent. Rooting for ma girl ange doe

XtC BlakkOutZ vs. Genesis7 - Despite what I said I think this will be close and worth watching. Going for my auz fam xtc.

BreloomMyHomie (TechSupportBreloom) vs. Valetta - Valetta although being a strong competitor, I think she will have some troubles with TSB and that will make it interesting to watch.

Last edited:
Lumiose Luxrays (3) vs. Blackthorn Bisharps (4)
Ubers: Dream Eater Gengar vs. Freeroamer Not too familiar with either player, but ill give it to freeroamer, I've seen him around
OU: Jefo vs. Lepros Jefo likely to pull through here, solid player
UU: petyer vs. Sae Sae Sae got this
RU: @Trade vs. Stall Hater This is a match up I'm really looking forward to and was extremely hard to pick, but I think trade will slightly edge
NU: Metaphysical vs. Megazard Z Another solid match here, but Megazard Z is probably a bit more skilled at the tier. That being said, looking forward to this
LC: Uberbully (Coinstalker) vs. Mihkae Pham (Twakked Out) This one should be close, but I think Uberbelly has a slight edge
Doubles OU: Majore D' Mawile vs. miltankmilk both good players, but I think miltankmilk can rebound after the bit of bad luck experienced last round

Geosenge Garchomps (3) vs. Oreburgh Onixes (4)
Ubers: Wombology vs. Angeela this will be a fucking insane match, and I'm looking forward to this. Think Angeela will pull through though
OU: IvoPost vs. ready2go202 im familiar with the ability of ready2go202, so ill give it to him
UU: Vapo vs. naruto(sage) Vapo got this for sure
RU: soTsoT vs. Imanalt soTsoT is solid in RU, so should pull through here
NU: iplaytennislol vs. mayomayo Why is iplaytennislol even allowed to play blt, i don't see anyone beating him
LC: TerribleThomas vs. jeran not familiar with TT, and I'm very aware of Jerans ability, so jeran for sure
Doubles OU: unfixable vs.BattleFight (Battles123) This one will be close, but I think Battles will come out on top

Anville Arcanines (2) vs. Ever Grande Explouds (5)
Ubers: SupaFreez vs. Catniss Everdeen Catniss Everdeen seems a bit more experienced in ubers than SupaFreez
OU: HeiDoe (Snowydoe) vs. Updated Kanto This is another match up that will be insane that I'm looking forward to. Will be close af, but ill give it to my Aus brethren Snowy
UU: mj20 vs. Jariibo Jariibo got dis
RU: A Random Duck vs. After Hours Not easy to call, but I think After Hours has got this one
NU: Pedrorealmadrid7 vs. Criticality Close match, but I reckon Criticality got this one
LC: manu 11 vs. OP This round is giving us a lineup of awesome matches. But Manu 11 has got this one
Doubles OU: Croven vs. BLOOD TOTEM Not too familiar with either players, but ill go with blood

I just love how everyone is assuming I'll lose even though I have won the last two weeks. I'm expecting a close battle that can go either way. I'm hype for petyer vs sae sae and tsb vs valetta

Reactions: Sae

MZ

And now for something completely different
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Insert mod in respective room and/or legend at tier who has nothing to do with Blt who was subbed in for inactive person despite other people in tournaments who nearly qualified or the assman/manager here vs whoever

Because the exclusivity is hype

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
This week's going to be 7-0-0 for the Anistar Aegislashes as well. Good luck guys, we won't be getting banned this week.

Edit: I'd post actual predictions, but what's the point when it's inherently obvious that the AA's are going to take a veritable dump on the Humilau Humiliations.

Feliburn

is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
RU Leader
This week's going to be 7-0-0 for the Anistar Aegislashes as well. Good luck guys, we won't be getting banned this week.

Edit: I'd post actual predictions, but what's the point when it's inherently obvious that the AA's are going to take a veritable dump on the Humilau Humiliations.
lol next time you dream of beating me you better wake up and apologize little punk

Reactions: MZ
I just love how everyone is assuming I'll lose even though I have won the last two weeks. I'm expecting a close battle that can go either way. I'm hype for petyer vs sae sae and tsb vs valetta
Don't worry, it's got nothing to do with you as a player. It's more that if you asked me to name the first good UU player I could think of, I would say vapo

Doin these predictions since they seem popular :

Lumiose Luxrays (3) vs. Blackthorn Bisharps (4)
Ubers: Dream Eater Gengar vs. Freeroamer with all my support to DEG, i think freeroamer has the upper hand
OU: Jefo vs. Lepros Jefo, being the OU beast i've seen, takes the win
UU: petyer vs. Sae Sae close game that i couldnt really pick a winner to, but i'l go for Sae even if it's either's game
RU: Trade vs. Stall Hater another great game to look forward to as Stall Hater is my man, but i think Trade will prove hard to beat
NU: Metaphysical vs. Megazard Z Maybe the most heated battle between these two teams but i see Zard slighty edging
LC: Uberbully (Coinstalker) vs. Mihkae Pham (Twakked Out) i dont know much about the players, so based myself on what i hear
Doubles OU: Majore D' Mawile vs. miltankmilk Having battled both, im really exited for this match, either can win despite my prediction

Geosenge Garchomps (4) vs. Oreburgh Onixes (3)
Ubers: Wombology vs. Angeela Close call for sure but wombology proved himself since the old days, so I'm giving him the win
OU: IvoPost vs. ready2go202 Unfamiliar with these IvoPost. I'l give it to ready2go
UU: Vapo vs. naruto(sage) naruto hasnt lost yet and he is quite skilled, but its a bit hard to say Vapo wont win, even if either can take it.
RU: soTsoT vs. Imanalt I'm unfamiliar with the players, but based on what i've seen soTsoT takes it
NU: iplaytennislol vs. mayomayo Tenis is indeed hard to take down, so i'll be giving him the win
LC: TerribleThomas vs. jeran i've seen jeran skills personnaly many times, so i'l opt for him
Doubles OU: unfixable vs.BattleFight (Battles123) im unfamiliar with unfixable, so battles123 is my choice

Anville Arcanines (4) vs. Ever Grande Explouds (3)
Ubers: SupaFreez vs. Catniss Everdeen to me ever since i've know Catniss i think of ubers when i see her name
OU: HeiDoe (Snowydoe) vs. Updated Kanto Potentially the round of the week but i see snow falling in Kanto, still incredibly close tho.
UU: mj20 vs. Jariibo Both great and amazing players, but I still see Jariibo winning if the pressure doesnt get him (he gets what i mean:P)
RU: A Random Duck vs. AfterHours im slighty unfamiliar with hours, but i know duck's got the skill
NU: Pedrorealmadrid7 vs. Criticality I have to make it clear that i know no NU player matching pedro exept tenis (the miss in their match was 2 close)
LC: manu 11 vs. OP LC legends clashing here, even if i predict manu it should be an epic, amazing and close game that can be either player's win.
Doubles OU: Croven vs. BLOOD TOTEM Not too familiar with both, but Totem's reputation is wide in doubles

well i ended up spaming 4-3s , Just goes to prove all players are skilled, and it can be anyone's win

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)