Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Once you've caught that Pokemon by fishing, you can DexNav it like normal by clicking on the icon and it'll pop up on the surface of the water for you to surf after like any other Pokemon you can WaterNav.
Goes to show that I haven't paid enough attention yet lol. Thanks!

From experience, CaveNaving needs to die, so I'll not attempt WaterNaving either...

Edit -> Oh cool, trading doesn't break the chain. Good to know for when I need to check a catch lol.

Last edited:
Goes to show that I haven't paid enough attention yet lol. Thanks!

From experience, CaveNaving needs to die, so I'll not attempt WaterNaving either...

Edit -> Oh cool, trading doesn't break the chain. Good to know for when I need to check a catch lol.
Yes Trading, GTS and Wondertrade won't break the DexNav chain. I use that method to check my progress when chaining for competitive pokemon :)

Edit: I already dexnav'd a decent staryu and yes level+chain ups your chances of getting 3 or more IVs, chaining being the decisive factor for getting more than 3 IVs

Last edited:
Where can Smeargle be caught in ORAS (or is it Kalos only)? I need to breed and grind some for SR attempts.

Also, how do the Primal weathers work with cancelling? Like, if I use Desolate Land from a Primal Groudon to eliminate Kyogre's Rain. When I switch Groudon out, does the rain resume, or does the weather become neutral?

Last edited:
Where can Smeargle be caught in ORAS (or is it Kalos only)? I need to breed and grind some for SR attempts.
Only available in Kalos. I know this both from poking Serebii's PokeDex for the gen 6 games and from breeding my own to SR with. (thank goodness Interviewers Gabby & Ty are always able to be rebattled to Sketch the needed moves without much worry)

Also, how do the Primal weathers work with cancelling? Like, if I use Desolate Land from a Primal Groudon to eliminate Kyogre's Rain. When I switch Groudon out, does the rain resume, or does the weather become neutral?
According to Pokemon Showdown mechanics, all weather will stop in that situation.

Only available in Kalos. I know this both from poking Serebii's PokeDex for the gen 6 games and from breeding my own to SR with. (thank goodness Interviewers Gabby & Ty are always able to be rebattled to Sketch the needed moves without much worry)
Alright then.

Need to find myself a Smeargle (Junk or otherwise).

Anyone that can help? Can offer BP items or do breeding projects.

Also, since I'll be booting up my Black copy to RNG the Ditto, might as well get a Metagross.

Ball recommendation for Shiny Gross?

Last edited:
hello everyone, I have a question about HA Ditto to use in battle for my mono-normal team, and I wasn't sure where to ask, so I'll ask here.

So I've been racking my brain about Imposter Ditto shenanigans, and after a bit of searching+asking, I registered someone who has a Ditto in his friend safari :))

I caught 2 Dittos with HA. Both have "above average stats" but being from a Friend Safari they have minimum 2 perfect IVs. One has 31 in HP and Defence (and is Brave Nature), the other has 31 in HP and Special Defence (and is Bashful Nature).

If I understand correctly, these are both perfectly competitive dittos because all they need is 31 in HP and the HA right? nothing else matters? Apparently they copy the opponent's Moves, Ability, Nature, IVs and EVs and stat modifications. The only thing they don't copy is HP + any HP investment. So now I only need to give them both 252 EVs in HP, a Choice Scarf and they are good to go???

Last edited:
hello everyone, I have a question about HA Ditto to use in battle for my mono-normal team, and I wasn't sure where to ask, so I'll ask here.

So I've been racking my brain about Imposter Ditto shenanigans, and after a bit of searching+asking, I registered someone who has a Ditto in his friend safari :))

I caught 2 Dittos with HA. Both have "above average stats" but being from a Freind Safari they have minimum 2 perfect IVs. One has 31 in HP and Defence (and is Brave Nature), the other has 31 in HP and Special Defence (and is Bashful Nature).

If I understand correctly, these are both perfectly competitive dittos because all they need is 31 in HP and the HA right? nothing else matters? Apparantly they copy the opponents Moves, Ability, Nature, IVs and EVs and stat modifications. The only thing they keep is their own original HP. So now I only need to give them both 252 EVs in HP, a Choice Scarf and they are good to go???
You want a Relaxed HA Ditto with Max HP and Def (248 and 252 EVs specifically), with the IVs in those two spots. The Defense investment is for a potential struggle war. If you're not that paranoid, max HP is fine :)

I caught 2 Dittos with HA. Both have "above average stats" but being from a Freind Safari they have minimum 2 perfect IVs. One has 31 in HP and Defence (and is Brave Nature), the other has 31 in HP and Special Defence (and is Bashful Nature).

If I understand correctly, these are both perfectly competitive dittos because all they need is 31 in HP and the HA right? nothing else matters? Apparantly they copy the opponents Moves, Ability, Nature, IVs and EVs and stat modifications. The only thing they keep is their own original HP. So now I only need to give them both 252 EVs in HP, a Choice Scarf and they are good to go???
Yes. Transforming Dittos retain only their own HP stat. One common trick to exploit Ditto in capture if need be was to transform it into something low level like the Sync.

Edit: Ninja'd

You want a Relaxed HA Ditto with Max HP and Def (248 and 252 EVs specifically), with the IVs in those two spots. The Defense investment is for a potential struggle war. If you're not that paranoid, max HP is fine :)
ah ok... but why does 'Relaxed' nature matter? Who would I be having this 'Struggle war' with??

Yes. Transforming Dittos retain only their own HP stat. One common trick to exploit Ditto in capture if need be was to transform it into something low level like the Sync.

Edit: Ninja'd
I thought ditto keeps his own level and doesn't copy the capture rate? Either way, I was leading with a lv1 Chespin with Spikes, Curse, Quick Guard and Growl, so I could then switch out and either burn or paralyse the ditto, and catch it easily.

ah ok... but why does 'Relaxed' nature matter? Who would I be having this 'Struggle war' with??
In a Ditto v Ditto battle, neither Ditto will be able to use Transform so if they're the last Pokemon you and your opponent have, you'll be locked in a Struggle war. The Relaxed nature is to boost your Defense so you take less damage from the opposing Ditto's struggle, and it lowers your Speed so your Ditto will go last and outlast the other Ditto. It's not exactly likely that that would happen in a battle though, so your Dittos are good.

In a Ditto v Ditto battle, neither Ditto will be able to use Transform so if they're the last Pokemon you and your opponent have, you'll be locked in a Struggle war. The Relaxed nature is to boost your Defense so you take less damage from the opposing Ditto's struggle, and it lowers your Speed so your Ditto will go last and outlast the other Ditto. It's not exactly likely that that would happen in a battle though, so your Dittos are good.
Ah ok thanks! Thats such a specific scenario ahahaha

but wait, final question on this topic, following that logic... does 'struggle' get boosted by a +Atk nature? because in that case, a Brave ditto with Def investment will move last and receive less damage, but hit a bit harder right?

Ah ok thanks! Thats such a specific scenario ahahaha

but wait, final question on this topic, following that logic... does 'struggle' get boosted by a +Atk nature? because in that case, a Brave ditto with Def investment will move last and receive less damage, but hit a bit harder right?
The point isn't to hit harder, it's to outlast the other Ditto. You're both dying from Struggle recoil, not each other's Struggle damage. So if you move last, you'll die last, and you'll also win.

The point isn't to hit harder, it's to outlast the other Ditto. You're both dying from Struggle recoil, not each other's Struggle damage. So if you move last, you'll die last, and you'll also win.
Ah right, then if I wan to be 100% safe I'll go for the relaxed option :P not sure if I can be bothered... since the 2 perf IVs will be random, even with a sync it could take a while, either way thanks for the help :)))

Is there anyone around who can clone my competitive shiny chimachar? I only need 1 clone + original, and you may make and keep an additional non-reddis copy as a thank you :))

If anyone is available for this, please let me know!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)