Smogon Simple Questions/Suggestions

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Um this is a new post and my first ever one --
I tried to apply for a Tutor but i couldnt post there because of 'not having the right privileges' and would like to know if i am allowed to..
Sorry if this isnt the right place
The sign ups for this round has ended. You'll have to wait for the next one to join.

If someone on Pokémon Showdown! does something against the rules, what do I do? I just had a match in which someone put two of my Pokémon to sleep, which is not allowed afaik.

Sleep Clause Mod: Limit one foe put to sleep

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
now i dont think they can put more than one mon to sleep as per their wish, if you could provide a replay it would be helpful. it could be that the first mon that was put to sleep had natural cure and when it switched out it got healed and your opp was able to put another mon to sleep. in case of natural cure mons being statused, hovering over them shows the status even tho they're healed.

now i dont think they can put more than one mon to sleep as per their wish, if you could provide a replay it would be helpful. it could be that the first mon that was put to sleep had natural cure and when it switched out it got healed and your opp was able to put another mon to sleep. in case of natural cure mons being statused, hovering over them shows the status even tho they're healed.
I did save the replay. Any idea where they are stored?

Ello! I'm wondering where do I go if I propose a suspect test for something in Ubers? Btw, I'm trying to get Mega Kangaskhan out of Ubers.
It's not generally encouraged to randomly come up with suspect tests that should happen, but you can PM the mods of the tier with your argument. It should be a good, well-constructed argument with replays and things, of course, and you'll bring it to their attention that way.

Hello! Im relatively new here. I was wondering, is there a separate forum for getting an ORAS battle maison team rated? Specifically doubles or super doubles. I was gonna team up with a friend and I've planned out a team, but I wanted help first. Where would I go for a rmt?

Hello! Im relatively new here. I was wondering, is there a separate forum for getting an ORAS battle maison team rated? Specifically doubles or super doubles. I was gonna team up with a friend and I've planned out a team, but I wanted help first. Where would I go for a rmt?
You can make an RMT-style post for such a team at the Battle Maison Discussion & Records thread. It's an active thread and there are a lot of experienced users there who will be happy to help you out with your team.

Is there a thread anywhere for posting battle videos recorded in-game? I tried to make a thread for it, but it got locked because Wi-Fi seems to be for trading only.

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
Is there a thread anywhere for posting battle videos recorded in-game? I tried to make a thread for it, but it got locked because Wi-Fi seems to be for trading only.
You can try the Orange Islands forums, however you should always ask the mods for permission before posting any threads.

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-227746055

It is not understandable to me why did Samurott not gain 2x super effective bonus on it's Ice Beam against Sigilyph on turn 7. Especially since Samurott did gain 2x super effective bonus on it's Ice Beam against Sigilyph the previous turn!

BTW it is not the first time I see the 2x super effective bonus granted only the first time an adequate attack is performed, but not granted if the attack is repeated. Why so?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/randombattle-227746055

It is not understandable to me why did Samurott not gain 2x super effective bonus on it's Ice Beam against Sigilyph on turn 7. Especially since Samurott did gain 2x super effective bonus on it's Ice Beam against Sigilyph the previous turn!

BTW it is not the first time I see the 2x super effective bonus granted only the first time an adequate attack is performed, but not granted if the attack is repeated. Why so?
Sigilyph used Roost before the Ice Beam. What Roost does is heal you 50% but removes the Flying Typing of the mon. That is why the second ice beam is not SE.

What's the name of the blue-haired girl that gives you the Contest Costume in ORAS? She also said she was going to cheer for me. She makes me really horny..

Hi! I'm just getting into battling. I've played some UU matches on Showdown and I've enjoyed them.

First question, how do tiers for megas work? For instance Altaria, formerly NU, is now listed OU along with Mega-Altaria. Does this mean that we can't use non-mega Altaria in lower tiers? On the other hand, M-Houndoom is BL2 (which is UU but with low usage, as I understand it) while normal Houndoom is RU.

Second question, what resources are there for competitive pokemon sets, outside of Smogon's dex and Serebii.net's Pokemon of the Week? In particular, I'm looking for sets for non-mega pokemon, like Manectric or Altaria. All the sets on the dex have Manectite or Altarianite.

Hi! I'm just getting into battling. I've played some UU matches on Showdown and I've enjoyed them.

First question, how do tiers for megas work? For instance Altaria, formerly NU, is now listed OU along with Mega-Altaria. Does this mean that we can't use non-mega Altaria in lower tiers? On the other hand, M-Houndoom is BL2 (which is UU but with low usage, as I understand it) while normal Houndoom is RU.

Second question, what resources are there for competitive pokemon sets, outside of Smogon's dex and Serebii.net's Pokemon of the Week? In particular, I'm looking for sets for non-mega pokemon, like Manectric or Altaria. All the sets on the dex have Manectite or Altarianite.
For your first question, that's exactly it. As long as a mon is in a certain tier, it is not usable in lower tiers unless it basically drops out of usage (other than obviously Ubers, which is a sort of a banlist so to speak and will not change through monthly usage, or Anything Goes which is just LOL).

In terms of your second question, as far as I know there really isn't much. You can always work make up your own sets based on the Mega moveset, or look at the older generation sets for ideas. The reason most of these mons don't have sets outside of their Mega sets are most likely because they are highly unviable in the current meta (i.e. there shouldn't be any reason why you would run these over their Mega counterparts in OU). If you have a slot to be using their non Mega counterparts, there is most likely a much better option you can run over them (i.e. Raikou over regular Manectric).

Last edited:
I'm looking for a good Mega Altaria set that uses Cotton Guard. None of the Smogon strats for Altaria feature Cotton Guard, though. Should I go for a physically defensive or specially defensive nature? Also, what should its EV spread and remaining moves be?

Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Atk/SpA
Calm/Careful nature
Roost
Cotton Guard
Return/Hyper Voice
Fire Blast/EQ/Toxic

Depends what you want to do with it really.

Not sure if I am asking in the right area or not.

I was looking at making an NU team. However while in the process I saw some tags saying PU. Is this a separate tier on its own? Can they be used in NU?

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
Not sure if I am asking in the right area or not.

I was looking at making an NU team. However while in the process I saw some tags saying PU. Is this a separate tier on its own? Can they be used in NU?
PU is a tier/metagame below NU, so yes you can use it in NU.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 4)