Finals Official Smogon Tournament XI - Finals [Won by WhiteQueen]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave

formerly Stone Cold
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Championis a Five-Time Past WCoP Champion
So, 2 OSTs in a row in which someone loses but gets a chance to take the trophy? I'm not sure how comfortable I am in giving someone that lost a second chance at the trophy. I love you blunder, but I have to use you in particular as an example. blunder fought Style whereas lighthouses fought Whitequeen in the top 4. Whoever fought who was pure luck. blunder now has two chances to make it to the finals whereas lighthouses has one. If blunder beat Style, he would be in the final, and if he beats the winner of this clusterfuck he has a chance for finals, whereas lighthouses only had the one chance, to beat Whitequeen. That is purely luck.

I think the more fair solution would have been for blunder to fight lighthouses and the winner of that fights Whitequeen in the finals, as if Whitequeen was the winner of the single elimination bracket and the winner of blunder v lighthouses was the winner of the loser's bracket. (This would mean that the winner of blunder v lighthouses has to beat Whitequeen in two bo3s for the trophy.)

It is unfortunate for the other individuals who fought Style, I guess, but you're delaying finals for another month and essentially penalizing people like lighthouses who did not fight Style. I don't think this is a fair decision at all.
OMG SHUT UP LOL xDDD

Blarajan at Qdoba: LIGHT CHEESE, LIGHT CHEESE LIGHT CHEESE.....OKAY THATS NOT LIGHT CHEESE, WHATEVER.

Tokyo Tom

Somewhere between psychotic and iconic
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
But, people of Smogon, consider this:

What if Blunder is secretly Style?

Think about it - a young Youtuber trying to make it in the big leagues. He makes enough noise to be drafted for SPL5, but disappoints. No matter. He keeps a positive attitude and his head up and slowly bides his time, training in the mountains, waiting for a chance to finally prove himself. OST11 is that chance. Blunder plays well and tries hard, and slowly finds himself succeeding in a game he worked so long and hard for. Finally, everything is coming together. Blunder finally realizes what he is living for, his ultimate goal in his grasp, with much of the Smogon community cheering him on.

Just as Blunder is about to reach the pinnacle of his success, achieve the reason for all his hard work and dedication, tragedy strikes. He is betrayed by his closest friends and allies, people he thought he could trust, as user Style brutally defeats him with perfect team matchup and knowledge of his every move before he clicks them. Understandably, Blunder is shattered, as is the community who saw him grow, saw him struggle, and saw him fight hard for so many rounds in an attempt to achieve his ultimate destiny. The community rallies behind Blunder, even if the YouTube himself is too gracious to accuse Style of cheating. Even so, the community takes up arms and eventually enough evidence is discovered to disqualify Style from the tournament, and give Blunder a second chance at the trophy, at redemption.

With a newfound motivation and the backing of the Smogon community, Blunder plays the most important match of his life, fighting with an intensity never seen before on the grounds of Smogon.com. The public sheds tears of happiness and pride as their champion defeats Whitequeen in a close series, and Blunder leaves the tournament victorious with a cathartic "won gg", a release to all the colourful emotions of pain, loss, agony, determination, victory, happiness, and freedom.

Finally having proven himself and loved by all of the Smogon community, Blunder ascends to fame and stardom. His YouTube explodes, and he quickly becomes the first user to reach infinity subscribers. He tours around the United States, giving motivational speeches at Ivy League schools about overcoming hardships and succeeding in life. He is happily married to Radadactyl, the girl of his dreams, and lives happily ever after, watching the views from the 6ix in his penthouse apartment bought with his OST prize money.

But what if it were all an elaborate ruse? All of this - the pain, the loss, and the second chance - all simply a malicious scheme by Blunder to amass an army at his back, a force that threatens to overwhelm the wizened senior staff of Smogon.com itself. A massive publicity stunt that leaves Blunder at the top of the world, with everything he could ever dream of, and the power to take even more?

Think about it. Blunder decides early on that this will be the chance to show his true skill to the Smogon community. But he thirsts for more than just the trophy. Blunder knows that while he is a famous Youtuber, he cannot hope to gain the support of the entire community for his eventual takeover. So, he creates a separate account, named "Style". The account serves as a fallback if Blunder is to lose, but he conspires with the tournament's matchmaker, Bloo, to have him and Style face off later in the tournament. Then, he manipulates logs to show evidence of Style's "treachery", in conjunction with Bloo and Gr8astard, to garner pity and outrage from the Smogon community.

Then, Blunder turns on his former allies. He has assassins "deal" with Bloo and Gr8astard, challenging them to Pokemon BO3 death matches where the loser's soul is absorbed. Zamrock is unable to handle Gr8astard due to very bad hax from the latter, leaving Zamrock thoroughly unimpressed but trapped in the Shadow Realm. However, top 1 ORAS player FAJI reveals his competence at the game, which he had masked all SPL season, and singlehandedly defeats both Bloo and Gr8astard. Then, Blunder hacks into both Bloo's and Gr8astard's accounts and fabricates documents of their departure, leaving Blunder as the undisputed best ORAS OU player (besides perhaps Zamrock).

As a deterrent and failsafe, Blunder decides to spring the second part of his plan into motion. He orders Goddess Briyella, one of his longtime allies (he ensured Briyella's loyalty by giving him a shoutout on a Youtube video), to finally move. Briyella confessed his sins to Smogon's council members and was promptly banned, causing much uproar among the public. However, this was all a strategic diversion to claim the attention of the people, as Blunder knew McMeghan was soon to post the result of the Smogon OST "Witchhunt". While the sheeple are distracted, Blunder's vicegrip over the community tightens, but who would suspect a thing?

He strikes when the people of Smogon least expect it. Some of the users put up a fight. The skeptics, the firebot users. But Blunder's army, drunk on the corrupting waters of the OST chalice, eventually overwhelm them. Not one user opposing Blunder's empire is left, even the women and the children (haha just kidding, there are no women on Smogon). And at the end of the great war, Blunder sits on his conquered throne, Chaos's head mounted on a spike nearby, still carrying an expression of surprise and anguish.

Can we let this happen? We are the people of Smogon.com, a sacred land, and we will fight to maintain the freedom that our ancestors before fought so hard to give us. This is a call to arms, against a greater evil who threatens the very balance of competitive Pokemon itself.

My job here is done. I leave you to ponder and scratch your neck beards in enlightenment. Illuminate confirmed.

Last edited:
Let the trashtalking (re)commence.

UltiMario vs CrashinBoomBang : Previously I would have taken CBB, but it would seem he's not around anymore.
UltiMario vs Bluwing : inb4 Bloowing
Bluwing vs BKC : BKC quit too IIRC
Bluwing vs radianthero156 : Gonna be a good one, but I'm going with RH.
radianthero156 vs z0m(no g)OG ;_; : godfuck zomog what did you do with your name. Anyway, taking RH again.
radianthero156 vs Doppelsoldner : okay, I admit it, I flipped a literal coin
Doppelsoldner vs blunder : Both have what it takes, but Blunder has more of it.
blunder vs WhiteQueen : Style fiasco notwithstanding, this is probably the final we deserved. Regardless of the outcome, it's going to be a great game, but I have to go with WQ to take that sexy gold trophy home.
amidoinitrite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)