NOC Fallout New Vegas NOC [GAME OVER - Wastelanders Win]

Status
Not open for further replies.
After reading the last 2 pages, i'd still like to maintain my vote on jalmont. I don't know what i'm missing here, but jalmont seems like the mafia that has made a simple mistake but is trying to cover it up.
moi I literally gave my top three lynch candidates in a post 12 minutes before the post where I asked you the question:
I am hesitant in calling moi or Jalmont mafia at the moment, just misguided in their thought processes. An easier move to make if they were mafia would be to just conform with their critics and go with the low instead of setting themselves apart. I'd be more comfortable lynching active lurkers Pokeguy or Celever.
Don't you think that outright conforming would make him look too suspicious in the eyes of experienced players?
here are my top 3 targets: Jalmont, PokeguyNXB , Celever

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Honestly von, for someone trying to call me out for what you perceive to be ad hominem, you've done nothing but return the same. Attack my argument, point out where I have gone wrong, and I'll be more than glad to reconsider. But you haven't really attempted to dispute anything I've said.
me earlier said:
I don't really see you as having just defended yourself at all to be honest.
Cute

Can someone else give me a hand here when I say that getting a lynch vote put on you, then immediately turning around and scum-hunting that person is reactionary and usually silly? Like it's been talked about in previous games often enough. If you think things through as much as you're forming your platform on, I don't even almost understand how this is so hard a concept to grasp.

You instantly responded with a post that the crier is clearly bad, when such a conclusion shouldn't be made. And I am unwilling to have these votes on me due to the already bandwagonning nature of many of them
And I'm sorry but you're just not making a lot of sense at all. I don't know what that first sentence even slightly means.

What does crier mean in this context? Someone accusing someone of something else? Cause that was you that jumped to that conclusion (and can we sidebar here? you like to use that phrase A LOT. to be clear, we're all going to be making assumptions that aren't backed up by hard evidence in an NOC game. the question is whether those assumptions are more or less likely than the ones that could be made about others and whether or not others feel the same way. calling this a jump to conclusions just seems really touchy).

I'm assuming you're not literally projecting yourself onto me though, so is the crier you when you asked what a busser was? I don't know what sense that makes, just the context here is so fucked and I'm trying to figure it out. But given the paragraph you were replying to, when I said I waited after the first incident to gather more information, well, you can see that a whole hour and multiple topics of conversation passed in between that and me lynching you. That could hardly be called immediate in an NOC game.

Anyway stop handling my accusations by downplaying them. I never said you "seem off". I said that you seem like a player who is very quick to talk but whose head is in the game on the mafia side. I said, and others have echoed, that you had forecast ideas that could have been used reflexively to catch mafia but instead have only made them aware of how not to act. And that this fits a possible profile that some mafia scum might adhere to. Please actually address these points. I do not want to read a third response saying "woah man I'm just thinking here that can't be bad".

If you were heading to bed you can do so, you're probably not going to get lynched.

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor
Just poking in to say that I'm alive and my vote remains on sunny. Do something please.

I've read the thread but probably not very well. Moi's defence has been lackluster so I would also like to see more from him.

Wayan Vistar

formerly Flyhn
So basically, because I don't want to be partially responsible for a mislynch I'm a bad player? I NEED to sit back today until Night where I can wait for an info role to possibly get at least something, even if it's not 100%. Then I actually have some sort of lead on who's scum. For now there are no leads, so I will in fact unvote. I will place another vote IF I find someone's behavior scummy enough, but since I'm a bad judge of whether or not someone's behavior is scummy, I'll need to wait.

rssp1 said:
Spiffy is either leading or attempting to lead town. This tells us one of three things. 1) he's mafia trying to lead town to it's doom, something which occurs more often that you'd think. 2) he's a fairly useless role who knows that he would best be spent attracting a nightkill by leading town. 3) he's a fairly useful role who wants mafia to think he's 2) so that he's nightkilled as late as possible. Essentially, we know nothing about Spiffy's role from this.
First of all, since we don't have the luxury of communication outside the thread, there will never be a town leader. Just because I am one of the more vocal players doesn't mean I am trying to lead. The role speculation is really useless too and borderlines on role-fishing (trying to get people to hint at their roles) which is very anti-town. I noticed this in a previous post of yours but didn't want to say anything unless the trend continued:
rssp1 said:
The only scenario in which we don't want to lynch is when we have a confirmed information role - generally cop - who can be protected and not blocked (given that we don't know the setup, it'd be dumb to not lynch since mafia PL is very likely thus nulling the helpfulness of pubclaimed information roles anyways).
Why does a lot of your discussion revolve around roles?

Haunted Diamond said:
Don't you think that outright conforming would make him look too suspicious in the eyes of experienced players?
I guess this would incriminate moi more so than Jalmont because I don't think moi has played much (if any) NOC and is in too deep with his philosophy of the game to change his mind without looking suspicious. Jalmont has played NOC and must have known going in that his no lynch bullshit would be criticized and would make him stand out. I still don't know what his deal is. Jalmont please give us your updated thoughts on the game since you last posted.

More Cowbell can we get a prod on LightWolf or something it's been like three days since his latest and ONLY post in the thread.

PokeguyNXB Please read the thread to know why we need everyone to participate. I've already explained why doing nothing and waiting for an info role (that we aren't even confirmed to have) to step up is a terrible idea. If you had to lynch someone right now who would it be and why?

Where PokeguyNXB really just seems like a new player who has no idea how to play NOC, Celever even reveals that he plays NOC on ANOTHER SITE. Clearly he is experienced enough to know that his active lurking is unacceptable, and his insight is really broad and unhelpful. Like he's trying appear contributing but not actually doing anything.

Unvote LightWolf
Vote Celever

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
yawn

good morning you fuckers

unsure what to post, there seems to be some heated debate at the moment. I am considering the options, Spiffy , don't worry. I'm just unsure what action to take. I am of a similar mind to Fatecrashers, in that a mislynch is better than no lynch. My opinion on what's going on...moi has been a tad nonsensical and defensive, but I'm not sure I read scum on him.

von has been a tad on the offense, and I'm similarly uncertain about him. I'm leaning towards him being a scum a bit more, but again I am still undecided.

The Spiffster seems pretty village in my opinion, doing some routine scumhunting.

As for others, I can't really see enough posts to get a read on them.

I don't know what I did to aggravate you von though I imagine some of it is due to my personality in how I handle things (I am not always fun to play mafia with, and I think people who have played with me a little will agree with that easily) but I will attempt to go through things with all direct examples and references to as many posts as possible for each point in order to end this discussion because we haven't moved anywhere and in every post you and I are asking the same things of each other. I'm also going to format it your way because it's better than what rssp/myself did last night.

Can someone else give me a hand here when I say that getting a lynch vote put on you, then immediately turning around and scum-hunting that person is reactionary and usually silly? Like it's been talked about in previous games often enough. If you think things through as much as you're forming your platform on, I don't even almost understand how this is so hard a concept to grasp.
In response to this, I had previously mentioned "you never addressed why the logic presented in the post is incorrect, and as such why the conclusion is incorrect" (bolded segment taken from post #123). In the post I presented a few pages back, I talked about the idea that a mislynch/increased attention from separate users is a sign as to cleanliness for the one being targeted, and a sign as to the increased likelihood of that one of the users targeted is more likely to be bad than a random sample of the game members (post #106)

If the mafia are aware of the stereotypes of past games, without a doubt they are going to act in such a way that they don't fulfill them. Past NOC voting patterns dictate this to be true - of the past 3 NOC games (all of which MISLYNCHED on D1) ~31% of the voters voting against the victim have been mafia (I can post the sample I'm using as well!), which represents 56% of the mafia members involved in these games! That means you're more likely to hit a mafia member by simply voting the voters of the day 1 lynch than you are by randomly voting.
I reiterated these points and how they apply to this scenario in response to Spiffy and you (post #112).

It makes perfect sense for me to proceed in an argument that way, given that the entirety of my previous post discussed the patterns of voting on D1 and the likelihood of mislynch corresponding with increased probability of mafia voting for said mislynch. Given that I am in the process of getting mislynched, and an increasing number of users are targeting me, the statement "jumping to that conclusion places suspicion on yourself and the others who follow that path more so than it does myself." does nothing to disagree with what I ranted on a page ago.

(this part was in response to spiffy) You haven't convinced me that approaching the lynch with your method will be more successful than randomly voting (nor do you provide any evidence to the contrary outside of "past discussions"), and I haven't convinced myself of an estimate percentage of "sureness" that we need to have in order for the lynch to be worthwhile (which depends on the estimated numbers of kills in the game, as a slower game can afford more mislynches. The Courier adds a strong wild card to this, imo). I think that randomly selecting a lynch target from my pool of current voters against me will have a much higher probability of being mafia than other voting patterns, I'm still not convinced that this will be high enough such that it is worthwhile (again, I still need to clear up what these definitions "worthwhile" mean to myself, I'm going to look into the numbers). While this course of action will easily be argued as an action of "self-defence" I think the logic I presented previously as well as the past games make this to be a sensible statement.
Based on the logic in the post, if I feel a lot of pressure coming onto me from different sources, I am more than comfortable in saying that among the pool of users pressuring me there must be at least one mafia member, and this does not just include votes. Imagine this from my perspective: Cancerous, fatecrashers, rssp, SeriousBananas, (Celever even posted fun stuff that I didn't notice prior to this post) and yourself have all placed pressure or are/were voting on me at one point in time. Given the source of action dictators in past games and what I addressed in my post, there is a much higher chance that a mafia member will be found by randomly selecting from this group than there is from randomly selecting from the player base. But I bolded an important note in the quote above - I'm not sure whether or not this higher probability will be worthwhile as the risk vs. reward is dependant on what we assume the number of deaths to be per cycle.

Your main point of contention stems from the end of post #103, I imagine

It's quite clear that I am being used as an "easy" target because I wish to address the common though process and why I think it is wrong. Disagreement should not be used as claim for lynching, and jumping to that conclusion places suspicion on yourself and the others who follow that path more so than it does myself.
Perhaps the sentiment in the bolded area is what you disagree with? You disagree with how I described your method of selection? Understandable. The statement that "jumping to that conclusion...." should not be in disagreement. It is in agreement with the logic that has been posted - the more people that are clearly coming against me, the more likely we are to find a mafia member contained within that group.

If you don't agree with that logic, that is the point you may wish to address. I've gone back and referenced it. I am not arguing anything new, just organising the information in a way to make it more clear. I want it to also be clear that I never ignored your concern with respect to this issue - I addressed instantly why I proceeded the way I did. Upon hearing this, you did not address whether or not the conclusion was right or wrong, but proceed to call it childish. Note the following conversation, with vonFiedler (post 120) replying to my post (post 112).

[quote ="moi, post: 6199031, member: 17102"]It makes perfect sense for me to proceed in an argument that way, given that the entirety of my previous post discussed the patterns of voting on D1 and the likelihood of mislynch corresponding with increased probability of mafia voting for said mislynch. Given that I am in the process of getting mislynched, and an increasing number of users are targeting me, the statement "jumping to that conclusion places suspicion on yourself and the others who follow that path more so than it does myself." does nothing to disagree with what I ranted on a page ago.[/quote]

[quote ="vonFiedler, post: 6199031, member: 17102"]
I never said defending yourself was scummy. I just asserted that pointing the finger right back at people who accuse you is childish. Not scummy, mind you readers, pretty neutral in fact, but childish.[/quote]

You blatantly ignored the point of contention and proceeded to attempt to demean my argument - I see no fault in addressing your attempt to invalidate my arguments as ad hominem when the same favour has easily been handed back. This is a minor issue but to pretend that you are innocent of it is silly, and is something worth mentioning considering a surprisingly significant amount of your argument against me has revolved around demeaning me for someone who calls it cute when I call them out on it. I assume you want me to stop acting from what you perceive to be an ass? Stop interpreting it in such a way - I don't think I was being blatantly asinine until you extended the same "curtesy" back to me. I'm not particularly sure why it even matters? Why are you offended that I am attacking your method of selection? That surely isn't the way to approach the issue.

It shouldn't honestly shouldn't be an issue to have to address personal things - I get fired up when I play mafia, but I'm never going to try to personally attack someone or demean someone. If I really offended you, I'm sorry, I don't mean to, but there is a distinction between attacking argument and character and that is not a line I think I crossed.

This next section is to address the following paragraph:

[quote = "vonFiedler, post: 6199031, member: 17102"]What does crier mean in this context? Someone accusing someone of something else? Cause that was you that jumped to that conclusion (and can we sidebar here? you like to use that phrase A LOT. to be clear, we're all going to be making assumptions that aren't backed up by hard evidence in an NOC game. the question is whether those assumptions are more or less likely than the ones that could be made about others and whether or not others feel the same way. calling this a jump to conclusions just seems really touchy).

I'm assuming you're not literally projecting yourself onto me though, so is the crier you when you asked what a busser was? I don't know what sense that makes, just the context here is so fucked and I'm trying to figure it out. But given the paragraph you were replying to, when I said I waited after the first incident to gather more information, well, you can see that a whole hour and multiple topics of conversation passed in between that and me lynching you. That could hardly be called immediate in an NOC game.[/quote]

This is the post you made in which provides the context that you didn't have in this paragraph. There's no point in addressing this as it is made entirely to the wrong point, which is probably my fault for not being clear enough.

Post #91
[quote = "vonFiedler, post: 6199031, member: 17102"]If they start crying they are mafia.[/quote]

Anyway stop handling my accusations by downplaying them. I never said you "seem off". I said that you seem like a player who is very quick to talk but whose head is in the game on the mafia side. I said, and others have echoed, that you had forecast ideas that could have been used reflexively to catch mafia but instead have only made them aware of how not to act. And that this fits a possible profile that some mafia scum might adhere to. Please actually address these points. I do not want to read a third response saying "woah man I'm just thinking here that can't be bad".
[/quote]

What would you like me to say? This is was your first post with respect to my accusation

[quote = "vonFiedler, post: 6199031, member: 17102"]Moi your perspective has come an awful lot from the perspective of a mafioso (i.e. the mafia would do this) in a short amount of time, in spite of not singling out said behavior in anyone. Your head just seems to be on the mafia side to be honest. Looking for tells is good, but forecasting them?

For instance, you didn't know what bussing was. But within two minutes you concluded what years of meta has. So either you were thinking about it really hard from their perspective, or were full of shit in the first place (tee hee, I don't how to be mafia I must be town).[/quote]

I want to point out that quite a decent amount of your initial accusation was founded in the "bussing" issue. While I assume this has been cleared up, I will link the two posts I made specifically on that subject for anyone confused/wanting to catch up.

Post #83
I'm not sure what you mean by bussing. Is this a term I don't understand?
Post #109
vonFiedler - if I say I am afraid of spiders, yet I don't know the word for it, does that mean I do not know what I am afraid of?

likewise - if I say I understand the concept of a mafia sacrificing another mafia, yet I don't know the word for it, does it mean I not know the concept? Talk about jumping to conclusions
I think the main part of your contention with me that you feel insufficiently addressed is that my train of thought seems to mafia esque, but it's unlikely that I'll be able to convince you otherwise. The reason I am at a loss and repeating myself is because this is how I think about games.

But you're pretty singular about it. Now I can't mole here, so I don't mind saying that when I'm mafia moling in a normal game, sometimes I have a tremendous problem with keeping the villager vonFiedler and the mafia vonFiedler separate. Especially if I'm coming up with actions, this can be very mentally taxing. So I think I see you coming at this from a mafia perspective. I didn't say anything earlier, but it keeps building up. You just keep jumping in very quickly saying what the mafia will do rather than calling people out on acting like mafia after they do so. Depending on whether mafia can speak during the day, this could have an added benefit.
In figuring out how the mafia acts, one is able to address them. I pointed out that the mafia are likely to bandwagon, and pointed out that it seemed I was being bandwagoned. While not directly naming names initially, that still seems like calling out people acting like mafia.

[quote ="vonFiedler, post: 6199031, member: 17102"]Anyway stop handling my accusations by downplaying them. I never said you "seem off". I said that you seem like a player who is very quick to talk but whose head is in the game on the mafia side. I said, and others have echoed, that you had forecast ideas that could have been used reflexively to catch mafia but instead have only made them aware of how not to act. And that this fits a possible profile that some mafia scum might adhere to. Please actually address these points. [/quote]

I posted them publicly as I felt that the profile accurately fit the accusers (which goes rather ignored by most users in the thread). You mention that this is a possible profile, but the qualifier is quite clearly important here. It is nothing more than a possible profile, in so far as any type of interacting can qualify as a "profile". It is quite difficult to argue against what you even claimed yourself to just be a "narrative" (post 120), as obviously a story is subjective. It is curious as to why you'd continue to push on what is a subjective matter.

I appreciate that Celever posts that my defense has been lackluster while offering nothing to the contrary, let alone addressing any of the claims facing her (? Feel free to correct me here but I think this is right). I have seen that Spiffy has posted lynching her, claiming that I am "in too deep with my philosophy" (yet argues nothing to the contrary. I am much less stubborn than has likely been made out to be, but I haven't been convinced. If you want to convince me of an argument, provide ONE. Don't just state that the other person is wrong), so maybe something else will arise from it.

Also entirely unrelated to the game but if anyone is curious moi is characterized with no caps. If you wanted to really troll me you can do it as MoI and type out what the acronym originally stood for 8 years ago (bonus points if you actually know!)

It's always very possible for a few townies to dick each other around while the mafia sits back and does nothing, but I don't think anyone really knows what to do on day 1. We'll be lucky to lynch someone properly all things considered.
I think this is exactly what the mafia is doing tbh. A mislynch or a no lynch is beneficial to them, and they can lurk while the town points fingers at each other.

If we look at LightWolf's profile, he was last seen earlier today, and like Spiffy said, his last post was 3 days ago.

Seems kinda fishy to me.

Lynch Lightwolf

After reading the last 2 pages, i'd still like to maintain my vote on jalmont. I don't know what i'm missing here, but jalmont seems like the mafia that has made a simple mistake but is trying to cover it up.

here are my top 3 targets: Jalmont, PokeguyNXB , Celever
Explain how Jalmost is "covering up" his "mistake."
ok cool you have three targets, but you've only stated reasoning for lynching one (and partial reasoning at that). Why are Pokeguy and Celever also targets of yours?

So basically, because I don't want to be partially responsible for a mislynch I'm a bad player? I NEED to sit back today until Night where I can wait for an info role to possibly get at least something, even if it's not 100%. Then I actually have some sort of lead on who's scum. For now there are no leads, so I will in fact unvote. I will place another vote IF I find someone's behavior scummy enough, but since I'm a bad judge of whether or not someone's behavior is scummy, I'll need to wait.
If you're trying to go through the game with the sole aim of not being responsible for any mislynches, you're doing it wrong. You have to put yourself out there, express your opinions, highlight things you find suspicious, etc. or else you're just sitting there without helping. People won't think you're scum solely because you contributed to a mislynch. It's completely ok to be wrong (as long as you're open and willing to listen to the viewpoints of others), and it's rare for games to have townies that are not wrong at some point in the game.

v comments in bold
First of all, since we don't have the luxury of communication outside the thread, there will never be a town leader. Just because I am one of the more vocal players doesn't mean I am trying to lead. The role speculation is really useless too and borderlines on role-fishing (trying to get people to hint at their roles) which is very anti-town. I noticed this in a previous post of yours but didn't want to say anything unless the trend continued:
The definitions I use for "town leader" are definitely different for both OC and NOC. Obviously, an NOC town leader is not going to have all the roleclaims (pubclaiming on a non-lylo day is pretty dumb), but generally have the trust of town members due to good scumhunting/rather constant leading of discussion. This trust can sometimes be misplaced and can ultimately screw over town. I guess the role speculation in the post you mentioned here was just me thinking out loud.
I don't think a lot of my discussion revolves around roles; i've only mentioned them like 4-5 times (which isn't a majority of what i've posted). The times I do bring it up is because i'm providing evidence to actually support my points or i'm just thinking out loud (like the post about you). For example, the time I mentioned roles in regards to not lynching, naming those specific roles explains my point better than just saying "uhh the prescence of some roles along with the absence of others would mean that we shouldn't lynch."

Celever

i am town
is a Community Contributor

I guess this would incriminate moi more so than Jalmont because I don't think moi has played much (if any) NOC and is in too deep with his philosophy of the game to change his mind without looking suspicious. Jalmont has played NOC and must have known going in that his no lynch bullshit would be criticized and would make him stand out. I still don't know what his deal is. Jalmont please give us your updated thoughts on the game since you last posted.

More Cowbell can we get a prod on LightWolf or something it's been like three days since his latest and ONLY post in the thread.

PokeguyNXB Please read the thread to know why we need everyone to participate. I've already explained why doing nothing and waiting for an info role (that we aren't even confirmed to have) to step up is a terrible idea. If you had to lynch someone right now who would it be and why?

Where PokeguyNXB really just seems like a new player who has no idea how to play NOC, Celever even reveals that he plays NOC on ANOTHER SITE. Clearly he is experienced enough to know that his active lurking is unacceptable, and his insight is really broad and unhelpful. Like he's trying appear contributing but not actually doing anything.

Unvote LightWolf
Vote Celever
Active lurking isn't unacceptable Day 1.

Even though there have been a few large posts, I've still shared my thoughts on everything relevant. Anything you want me to talk about?

Also sunny, do something. LW not having posted isn't a tell IMO. IIRC he never fucks around with the rest of us Day 1.

Explain how Jalmost is "covering up" his "mistake."
ok cool you have three targets, but you've only stated reasoning for lynching one (and partial reasoning at that). Why are Pokeguy and Celever also targets of yours?
based on what older players said, jalmont never used to propose no lynch on day 1 and he was one of the lynching guys. suddenly in this game he decides to propose no lynch in day 1; a change of behaviour. Also no lynch in day 1 is usually in favor of the mafia.

I'm still curious about what jalmont will say. his inactivity just makes him look more suspicious in my eyes.

based on what older players said, jalmont never used to propose no lynch on day 1 and he was one of the lynching guys. suddenly in this game he decides to propose no lynch in day 1; a change of behaviour. Also no lynch in day 1 is usually in favor of the mafia.

I'm still curious about what jalmont will say. his inactivity just makes him look more suspicious in my eyes.
Alright, makes sense. Why pokeguy and celever, though?

Even though there have been a few large posts, I've still shared my thoughts on everything relevant. Anything you want me to talk about?

Also sunny, do something. LW not having posted isn't a tell IMO. IIRC he never fucks around with the rest of us Day 1.
You've said that moi's defense was lackluster and that you want to see more from him. What was lackluster, and what do you want to see?

vonFiedler

I Like Chopin
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Okay dudes, I happen to know that Lightwolf is dying from a toothache at the moment and dentists in hungary don't work on weekends, so calm your tits. It'll be egg on my face when he turns up mafia, but there it is.

moi said:
I don't know what I did to aggravate you von though I imagine some of it is due to my personality in how I handle things
We've hung out a decent number of times over voice chat and you're a pretty cool dude, I'm not sure why you think I'm aggravated. LW and I are best buds and we can have the same fights in NOC.

In response to this, I had previously mentioned "you never addressed why the logic presented in the post is incorrect, and as such why the conclusion is incorrect" (bolded segment taken from post #123). In the post I presented a few pages back, I talked about the idea that a mislynch/increased attention from separate users is a sign as to cleanliness for the one being targeted, and a sign as to the increased likelihood of that one of the users targeted is more likely to be bad than a random sample of the game members (post #106)
Again, for someone got bussing immediately, I don't know how this needs explaining. You have an automatic emotional investment in scum hunting the people who scum hunt you first. It clouds your judgement. And further since attempting to lynch, and sometimes incorrectly, is vital for a game of NOC mafia, it's all around just not helpful. You've attempted to rationalize this behavior, however:

It makes perfect sense for me to proceed in an argument that way, given that the entirety of my previous post discussed the patterns of voting on D1 and the likelihood of mislynch corresponding with increased probability of mafia voting for said mislynch. Given that I am in the process of getting mislynched, and an increasing number of users are targeting me, the statement "jumping to that conclusion places suspicion on yourself and the others who follow that path more so than it does myself." does nothing to disagree with what I ranted on a page ago.
I'm sorry, but the first two lynch votes against you were such a nonissue that only now do I sort of understand this paragraph. You feel that if a whopping three people are lynching you, then one must be mafia right? Because if a bunch of townies lynch someone, then the mafia can just come in and hammer, right? Not on day 1. That'd be pretty silly. As for the previous votes against you, well, they are pretty asinine. But so are many votes on day 1. Let me put it this way, if I was the first one to vote against you (and I'm the first one in this game with a serious accusation leveled against another so it should probably be treated that way), then what you keep repeating is the basis of your entire argument would not exist at all (multiple people lynching you). That's why I hesitate to address it. It is entirely fluff that has nothing to do with my accusations.

Why are you offended that I am attacking your method of selection?
This doesn't really matter but now you keep bringing it up so I might as well make myself clear.

tbh it seems incredibly shallow to be lynching me under what summarizes as "you are actively thinking about the game in a way I have never approached, so clearly you must be bad".
This was in response to the forecast idea that a mafia might be actively lynching others to keep pressure off of themselves. BT and I only ever got mad that you forecast this, tipping the mafia off. Here though you suggest that the thought could or never has occurred me. I mean for all you know I'm doing it right now. At the heart of this entire argument is the difference between being able to think and watch, and thinking and shouting your mouth off. But I'll address the later further later in this post.

And I didn't call it cute that you called me out on anything. I called it cute that after I had called you out on not defending yourself (and it seems I'm not only the one who thinks so), you tried to throw the same thing back at me. Internet arguments!

I want to point out that quite a decent amount of your initial accusation was founded in the "bussing" issue. While I assume this has been cleared up, I will link the two posts I made specifically on that subject for anyone confused/wanting to catch up.
This was about two things. The bussing and your thoughts on mafia leading. When I read this:

Oh - well it should be clear that there is no logical reason to bus someone. In a game with fewer total members each mafia is vital, the potential gain in trust associated with correctly lynching someone is a terrible tradeoff for losing a third or even half in some cases of your total team...
I don't read "oh, you mean that". I read "oh, in that case". The first fits with your spider logic. The second fits more with my logic. Yeah, I know, it's written intent over the internet. Which is why even though I noted it, I said nothing until you started forecasting again.

I posted them publicly as I felt that the profile accurately fit the accusers (which goes rather ignored by most users in the thread).
This is in reference, or I assume it must be, to said forecasting. But keeping in mind that I had never accused you before you posted your bit on mafia leaders, then we have to look at it in regards to SeriousBananas and Fatecrashers.

SB keeps going on and on about how you wouldn't respond to me over a joke (speaking of which, that's why crier was confusing, I brought that up as a joke and never considered it twice). Which I think everyone agrees is stupid. Never assume malice when you can assume bad play in smogon mafia. He's certainly not leading anyone anyway.

Fatecrashers gave almost no rationale behind his vote, so he's not leading.

So exactly which accusers do you think you're catching?

Again, the issue is not thinking. I assume everyone thinks. The issue is talking a lot. Especially in NOC when inactives can be very scummy. Conversely, a mafia could talk there mouth off. And you posted immediately after I called the mafia out on being inactive. You said whatever came to mind quickly, and it was from a mafia perspective. It's not that it isn't right to think such things. But why did you post? It caught no one with their pants down and only warned others of potential bad behavior. But after I mentioned inactivity, you just immediately had to say something. I myself didn't post much until just yesterday, and that could have been seen as scummy. But talking just to seem active does nothing at best and can be harmful at worst.

It is nothing more than a possible profile, in so far as any type of interacting can qualify as a "profile". It is quite difficult to argue against what you even claimed yourself to just be a "narrative"
This isn't criminal science, or even regular clean heavy follow the cop mafia. Profiles and narratives are what you're gonna get. Esp. on day 1, where we def want a lynch. Now I'm not sure if a lynch on you will work based on my experience. But I'd like to see more ideas from others than "Jalmont is being Jalmont" or "LW is dying, let's lynch him".

Why not?

You ignore my main argument that you don't flesh out your opinions. You pick and choose the parts of my posts you respond to. You've only contributed when you're called out on it.

If you really can't find something noteworthy to say:
Do moi and Jalmont's want for a no lynch make them scummy in your eyes?
What do you think of Serious Bananas and ButteredToast?
(sunny004 and PokeguyNXB please answer these questions as well.)

Celever said:
Are you serious? You tell sunny to do something when you are being just as unhelpful as him. My vote is justified.

Alright, makes sense. Why pokeguy and celever, though?
for the reasons spiffy mentioned: celever being actively lurking and pokeguy using random.org to lynch. but honestly these two are just fillers in my list because their behaviour can both be justified. For now my suspicion will be on jalmont until he brings a real defense for himself, i will also be following the moi/von fiedler argument.

Just clearing this out cause it should be stated

Okay dudes, I happen to know that Lightwolf is dying from a toothache at the moment and dentists in hungary don't work on weekends, so calm your tits. It'll be egg on my face when he turns up mafia, but there it is.

We've hung out a decent number of times over voice chat and you're a pretty cool dude, I'm not sure why you think I'm aggravated. LW and I are best buds and we can have the same fights in NOC.

Patronizing nature of a bunch of it - I figured there was a large disconnect over intent and what was written. I had an extra paragraph written up clearing things up but I left that out, just wanted to make sure things were okay
I think there is little point in keeping this discussion open when very selective parts of my post have been left out. I addressed most of the issues you had posted in my post already. You've spun your argument against me into something entirely different than it was before where you now claim it to be about talking, when there was no reference to that in any of your earlier posts.

I will however leave this importantly

And you posted immediately after I called the mafia out on being inactive.
I went back to every page, and no where is this true. I posted in defense of myself given the four users at the time questioning or voting me, and have stayed in that way sense. I have no idea what you're grasping at

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)