ORAS OU Ritiler Team

This is the third version of the team, and the only original mons still standing are Swampert and Tyranitar.
I'm very new to this competitive pokémon thing and so far I've been having a lot of fun watching videos and testing out my stuff. With that said, don't expect too much detail about my strategy and how I use each pokémon cuz I don't really know how to word it much. Thanks for the help anyways

Now with no further ado, I present to you:

Swampert (M) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Damp
EVs: 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed
Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Protect​
Mudkip is always my starter in Hoenn so I feel pressured to put it on my team everytime. He is also my lead, setting up Stealth Rock and with Waterfall and Earthquake STABing away. I love his typing, and with only one weakness and respectable defensive stats, I couldn't let him go. I just want to keep Swampert above every other one.

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- ThunderPunch
- Stone Edge
Dragon Claw is a good STAB move, while not as powerful as Outrage, it's also safe. Stone Edge lets it be annoying to the likes of Talonflame, Mega Charizards and Mega Pinsir. Extreme Speed lets it act as a good Revenge Killer, killing off those weakened foes, while Thunder Punch provides good coverage, hitting Azumarill, Skarmory and Stamie super effectively.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit​
My choice for Mega is Scizor, as I really love its design, and it's also very strong right now. Bullet Punch can kill the weakened pokémon with ease and deal with Fairies and, and U-Turn lets me get out of harm's way without losing a turn. I had Roost instead of Swords Dance previously, but since I added Sylveon, I feel safer to setup and sweep.

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast
Originally a Physical attacker, I decided to turn Tyranitar into my Special sweeper for whatever reason I found in my head. Dark Pulse is a the main STAB move, hitting Ghost-types like Gengar super-effectively. Ice Beam can take care of some of the most popular guys, like Mega-Altaria and Landorus, while Fire Blast takes care of the other side of the spectrum, namely Ferrothorn and Scizor.

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind
Here is the latest addition, I wanted someone to Special Wall and Baton Pass, and was lucky enough to run across an Anticipation Eevee. With Calm Mind and Baton Pass, it allows Tyranitar and Starmie to deal even more damage. The fairy typing provides good defensive coverage along with Scizor and Swampert. Wish into Baton Pass can also bring one of my sweepers safely back, while Hyper Voice provides something for Taunters.

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
EVs: 252 HP / 112 SpA / 144 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin
This set is very useful to me, cuz Thunderbolt deals with some of the popular threats, like Keldeo, Azumarill. Ice Beam is a very good offensive move here, as Ice is strong against most dragons and birds. Rapid Spin is always useful, as Scizor has got that U-Turn and Sylveon has Baton Pass. I pick Surf over Hydro Pump cuz I really hate missing attacks.

I've trouble dealing with Sableye. Azumarill is doom to me as well if I don't have Starmie.
I've yet to test the changes I made.
This is it. Any and all suggestions are appreciated.

Swampert @ Sitrus Berry
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Protect
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Dragonite @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Jolly Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Claw
- ThunderPunch
- Fire Punch

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 148 Atk / 112 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Swords Dance
- Pursuit

Tyranitar (F) @ Choice Scarf
Shiny: Yes
Timid Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Fire Blast

Sylveon @ Leftovers
Ability: Pixilate
EVs: 252 HP / 84 Def / 172 SpD
Calm Nature
- Baton Pass
- Wish
- Hyper Voice
- Calm Mind

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Surf
- Thunderbolt
- Rapid Spin

Last edited:

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Hey nice team! I noticed right off the bat that Rotom-W looks extremely annoying to every member of your team. To help deal with Rotom-W, Ferrothorn, Mega Sableye, and Azumarill, I think Serperior > Skarmory will help with that. Not only does Serperior give you a Fire-Water-Grass core, but it can take down all 3 threats I mentioned. To compensate for losing your physical wall, I recommend running 240 HP / 16 Atk / 252 Def with a Relaxed nature on Swampert. This set makes Swampert a pretty good physical wall and Relaxed lets you run Earthquake and Scald, so you can kill fire types and burn everything else. Also, running Damp > Torrent will be more helpful as a lead because it prevents Azelf from using Explosion and Torrent is harder to use with Swampert's slow speed. Also, Leftovers > Sitrus Berry will keep Swampert alive longer, and lets it function better as a physical wall for the entire game. On Starmie, I recommend Analytic > Natural Cure since you run Life Orb. This will let Starmie hit extremely hard when your opponent switches out, and you can probably 1HKO-2HKO most enemies with the extra power. I also recommend Psyshock > Thunderbolt because you can 1HKO Keldeo, Gengar, AV Conkeldurr, and do massive damage to Mega Venusaur. Having a strong physical hitting STAB on Starmie will be extremely helpful as a special attacker. On Tyranitar, Ice Punch and Fire Punch won't do much to Garchomp and Ferrothorn, so I recommend running Fire Blast and Ice Beam > Fire Punch and Ice Punch. These moves allow you to 2HKO Garchomp, Ferrothorn, Lando-T, Gliscor, and Scizor without having to take recoil damage, and you won't even have to change your Jolly nature. Finally, because you already have an excellent Pursuit trapper in Tyranitar, I recommend running Super Power > Pursuit. Super Power allows to hit steel types such as Bisharp, Magnezone and Heatran for good damage, and 1-2HKO them. Killing these threats on the switch would make the game a whole lot easier for Scizor and helps Talonflame with sweeping. For dealing with Heatran, you could change your EV Spread on Scizor to 248 HP / 148 Atk / 80 SpD / 32 Spe. I basically took 32 from Special Defense and put it in Speed. What this does is it allows you to outspeed fully defensive Heatran 194 to 190 ( I put a few extra to help outspeed Azumarill too). This way, once you know its the special defensive set, you can surprise the opponent and kill their Heatran with Super Power (this comes with great risk, so be careful when you do this). Hope this helps ^_^

0- SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Ferrothorn: 180-212 (51.1 - 60.2%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (No one runs max special defense, so you'll get the 2HKO for sure)

0- SpA Tyranitar Fire Blast vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Scizor: 328-388 (95.6 - 113.1%) -- 75% chance to OHKO

0- SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 256-304 (60.9 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

0- SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 272-320 (71.2 - 83.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

0- SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 244 HP / 192+ SpD Gliscor: 204-244 (57.9 - 69.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

148+ Atk Mega Scizor Superpower vs. 252 HP / 4 Def Heatran: 282-334 (73 - 86.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

Serperior @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Dragon Pulse
- Taunt / Glare / Substitute (if you run Leftovers)

Swampert @ Leftovers
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Protect / Toxic (helps if you want to get rid of a threat early on)

Well that's some in-depth analysis. I appreciate your taking your time. I'll definitely be trying out some of these, like the Serperior and Swampert changes, and Starmie changes too.
Now about the Tyranitar move choices. Let me show you my math too.

252 Atk Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 208-248 (58.7 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252 Atk Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 248-296 (59 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Mega Scizor: 212-252 (61.8 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 224-264 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Landorus-T: 390-463 (102 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, even in worst case scenarios (Max HP and Def), Fire and Ice Punch 2HKO all of these threats, cept for LandoT. And thats where Starmie comes in with Ice Beam, OHKOing LandoT even if he is fully Special Defensive. And ofc no one runs that so it isnt even close to surviving.
I'll also check out the EV spread for Scizor and Superpower. I'll also replace X-Scissors with Bug Bite cuz of the Technician boost.
Thanks again.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Well that's some in-depth analysis. I appreciate your taking your time. I'll definitely be trying out some of these, like the Serperior and Swampert changes, and Starmie changes too.
Now about the Tyranitar move choices. Let me show you my math too.

252 Atk Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gliscor: 208-248 (58.7 - 70%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

252 Atk Tyranitar Ice Punch vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Garchomp: 248-296 (59 - 70.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 248 HP / 252 Def Mega Scizor: 212-252 (61.8 - 73.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

252 Atk Tyranitar Fire Punch vs. 252 HP / 252 Def Ferrothorn: 224-264 (63.6 - 75%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Life Orb Starmie Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 252 SpD Landorus-T: 390-463 (102 - 121.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO

As you can see, even in worst case scenarios (Max HP and Def), Fire and Ice Punch 2HKO all of these threats, cept for LandoT. And thats where Starmie comes in with Ice Beam, OHKOing LandoT even if he is fully Special Defensive. And ofc no one runs that so it isnt even close to surviving.
I'll also check out the EV spread for Scizor and Superpower. I'll also replace X-Scissors with Bug Bite cuz of the Technician boost.
Thanks again.
I think you meant U-Turn, and I think you should keep U-Turn because your Scizor is more of a supportive one, so providing momentum and being able to get a safe slow switch into something else would benefit your team more. I only mentioned Fire Blast and Ice Beam because Tyranitar can get worn down by taking Rocky Helmet + Rough Skin/ Iron Barbs damage really quickly. They do ~29% each time, and if you wanna 2HKO them, you gotta give up ~58% of T-Tar's health, and any hazards before that limit Tyranitar a lot. Considering how its a 2HKO, Garchomp and Ferrothorn could easily finish Tyranitar off once they take a Fire/Ice Punch. Damage wise, Fire Blast and Ice Beam basically do the same as Ice Punch and Fire Punch, so if you don't want Tyranitar to handle Garchomp + Ferro, then Ice Punch and Fire Punch will work out.

Updated the team based on results. Anyone has any suggestions? Any weakness I can't see yet? I haven't had problems with Rotom, I usually 2HKO it with only neutral hits from sweepers.

Hey there, interesting team, but I have to let you know that the all out offensive special T-Tar is really not that good due to its terrible base power, sure Fire Blast/Ice beam can work with the defensive variant as a lure, but the scarf prevents it from fulfilling that role. Dark Pulse does not KO the Lati-twins, Fire Blast is a roll to KO Ferrothorn. If you really want a special sweeper, go ahead and use Scarf Hydreigon, this does everything Special T-Tar does, but alot better since it has a much higher special attack. The fairies are a problem for this set as they were for T-Tar anyway, but Scizor does well to deal with them anyway.

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

You could also run Modest, but that means that you are outsped by Mega Lopunny, therefore cannot revenge, since it is a huge threat for your team, as your best check is Swampert, who is 2HKO'd by HJK and with no recovery, that's slightly problematic, which brings me to the next point, instead of Swampert, who is really not as good as it used to be back in the day as a wall, use Hippowdon. This ensures you a better check to Mega Lop and even Talonflame, plus in general is a more reliable SR setter, and also has good form of recovery in Slack off.

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 124 Def / 132 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Slack Off

Another Huge threat to your team is Keldeo, because for one, your Starmie does not have Natural Cure, therefore it would not appreciate a burn from Scald, as neither would the rest of your team. To fix this problem, I would recommend you to run Heal Bell on Sylveon in place of Baton Pass, but you could also run the Defensive/Reflect Type Starmie, as this would also mean that you have more opportunies to spin for Dragonite, and not being Scarf Tar bait at the same time. Hope I helped!

Starmie @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Reflect Type

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)