Vivillon (Rejected: 3/3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

The doctor said my mom should've had an abortion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I think this is gonna get rejected, but hey- can't hurt to try.

Vivillon
QC: -2/3 (King UU, Bouffalant)
GP: 0/2

Overview
########

+ Access to Quiver Dance, which is one of the best boosting moves in the game
+ Compound Eyes allows Vivillon to reliably use Hurricane and Sleep Powder
+ Functions as both a mid-game wallbreaker and a late-game cleaner
+ There are not a lot of Flying resistant Pokemon in UU
- Very frail, so it can't switch in on anything
- Loses half its health upon switching into Stealth Rock
- Opposing priority attacks can revenge kill Vivillon rather easily

Quiver Dance
########
name: Quiver Dance
move 1: Quiver Dance
move 2: Sleep Powder
move 3: Hurricane
move 4: Bug Buzz / Endeavor
ability: Compound Eyes
item: Focus Sash
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

- Quiver Dance boosts Vivillon's Special Attack, Special Defense, and Speed to decent levels, turning it into an underrated sweeper
- Sleep Powder puts the foe to sleep, allowing Vivillon to grab a free Quiver Dance boost
- Hurricane is a powerful, decently reliable STAB attack that hits a large portion of the UU tier for at least neutral damage
- Bug Buzz is an alternative STAB attack that hits through Substitute
- Endeavor can also be used to bring a foe down to 1 HP after Vivillon uses its Focus Sash

Set Details
========

- Maximum investment in Speed and Special Attack allows Vivillon to hit as hard and as quickly as possible
- Compound Eyes raises the accuracy of Sleep Powder and Hurricane, making them much more reliable
- Focus Sash allows Vivillon to survive a single powerful attack, guaranteeing that it can set up at least one Quiver Dance

Usage Tips
========

- This set works well as a mid-game wallbreaker as well as a late-game sweeper
- Only bring Vivillon in the battlefield on a free switch and make sure your side of the field is clear of Stealth Rock
- Use Quiver Dance on a predicted switch and use Sleep Powder if you think the foe will stay in
- Take out opposing priority attackers and Choice Scarf users before trying to set up with Vivillon

Team Options
========

- Entry hazard removers such as Mega Blastoise and Salamence can remove Stealth Rock from the battlefield, ensuring that Vivillon will be able to switch in without losing half of its health. Both can take on Fire-type attacks aimed at Vivillon as well
- Dedicated late-game cleaners such as Mega Beedrill, Slurpuff, and Choice Scarf Porygon-Z appreciate Vivillon's wallbreaking. Mega Beedrill also eliminates the Grass-types that try to absorb Sleep Powder, save for Roserade
- Dugtrio can trap and KO the Electric- and Steel-types that resist Hurricane
- Entry hazard support from the likes of Azelf and Roserade can give Vivillon an easier time landing KOs

Other Options
########

OTHER OPTIONS GOES HERE. STUFF LIKE ALTERNATE MOVES, ALTERNATE SETS, NICHE STUFF THAT DOESN'T GET A MAIN SET MENTION

Checks & Counters
########

CHECKS & COUNTERS GO HERE
NOTE THAT THIS WILL BE MORE THREATLISTY SO MENTION POKEMON / OTHER EFFECTS ONE AT A TIME

Last edited:
Lol. While I'm not really sure this deserves an analysis (I even put it with a question mark next to it, because I didn't know how it performed now), let's try to keep the same process as with the other rejected analyses, ok kids? King UU

Also it might be worth it to use slash Endeavor with Bug Buzz for a lead set. Sleep Powder, Hurricane's 27% chance to hit and cause confusion, and Quiver Dance + Endeavor seem like they could have a niche.

For the rest of it, if it's gonna get rejected, remember you need three QC rejects, not just one.

Empress

The doctor said my mom should've had an abortion
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Meh, you can move this to L&O. This isn't gonna work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)