The Everything NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Christ. I have the Bills game on game-track, and I think I'm going to die of a heart attack. I can't imagine what my condition would be if it was actually on TV....

Edit: WTF is up with all the injuries? Ko Simpson breaks his ankle, Coy Wire hurts his knee, and now Kevin Everett gets taken off the field in an ambulance!? AHHHHHHHH! Our depth isn't good, we're not done rebuilding, for the love of God we can't take all these injuries, and it's not even three quarters into the fricking season!

ughh, Ko Simpson played for South Carolina : (
[I live there.]

I'm watching Carolina/Rams, mostly because I have Steven Jackson in my fantasty leauge, decent game so far.
Close, anyways

Still 11 minutes to go in 4th and hopefully I'm not talkng too soon but Texans look solid, besides the fact they're playing Chiefs, but Schaub doesn't look too bad in his debut. Andre Johnson looks to be benefitting Schaub a lot so far, racking up a high amount of yards!

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Detroit has won on the road against the Raiders. True it's the Raiders, but they were last year's best pass defense and Detroit scored 3 pass touchdowns =D

Packers won too as well as the Vikings, 3/4 in the NFC North ain't bad.

wdkfj;asldjfklasdjl;fkjaskf;jas;ldjfaslkdjfaskj;efkj;lkjdsjf;adjfas

MoP absolutely DESTROYED me in the smogon league, I'm down by 10 with Palmer and Burress left and he has Stover and Rudi in another league, and I'm down by 20 with Gore and Graham (Cincinatti Kicker) against Vernon Davis in my last league, so I'm looking at MAYBE 1-2 for week one. At least the Vikings won, altough their defense got 29 points for MoP. Also, I find it funny that the 3 crappy teams in the NFC North won and the really good team lost :/

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Christ. I have the Bills game on game-track, and I think I'm going to die of a heart attack. I can't imagine what my condition would be if it was actually on TV....

Edit: WTF is up with all the injuries? Ko Simpson breaks his ankle, Coy Wire hurts his knee, and now Kevin Everett gets taken off the field in an ambulance!? AHHHHHHHH! Our depth isn't good, we're not done rebuilding, for the love of God we can't take all these injuries, and it's not even three quarters into the fricking season!
I was there. Don't even get me fucking started man. We're fucked.

I'm really glad the Packers won. The defense seems alot better than last year and so does the offensive line although it was still pretty bad since Favre never had enough time.

True it's the Raiders, but they were last year's best pass defense
Opponent passed for about 100 yards and then runs because they had a 2-3 touchdown lead already. Every game

I was there. Don't even get me fucking started man. We're fucked.
Eh, it's only one game. We can definitely get our act together, though I was underwhelmed by...well...nearly everything. And Jason Webster won't be able to play awhile, which can only help us. I know, I know, that's mean, but it's true. Losing Ko and Coy is bad...especially since Ko might be out the whole year. The worst was Everett. Spinal injury, rushed to the hospital straight into emergency surgery, he's now in ICU and they won't know his prognosis for another 12-24 hours. He may be paralyzed from the neck-down...say a prayer people!

wdkfj;asldjfklasdjl;fkjaskf;jas;ldjfaslkdjfaskj;efkj;lkjdsjf;adjfas

MoP absolutely DESTROYED me in the smogon league, I'm down by 10 with Palmer and Burress left and he has Stover and Rudi in another league, and I'm down by 20 with Gore and Graham (Cincinatti Kicker) against Vernon Davis in my last league, so I'm looking at MAYBE 1-2 for week one. At least the Vikings won, altough their defense got 29 points for MoP. Also, I find it funny that the 3 crappy teams in the NFC North won and the really good team lost :/
heh, you can thank joey fucking harrington for your loss =]

watching the giants is going to kill me one day. It is so painful to watch. Eli plays his heart out but the defense lets up the biggest plays on 3rd down every fucking time. Plus They come all the way back. 16 point's down to only 3. Its 3rd and 7 with a guy in tony romo's face he throws a seed to his wideout and the giatns fails to touch the ball or make the tackle.

.....FUCK

And our starting running back qb and de are out.

Today was fucking awesome for me!

Props:

Carolina won (only NFC south team to win week 1)
I started Minnesota in both of my fantasy leagues.
The Kitna/Calvin Johnson combo worked out for me.
ONe of my oppoenents had LT and I had Gates: When LT threw to Gates I was freaking going insane.
I missed 3 in a football pool.

Slops:

Brandon Jacobs is on both of my fantasy teams and I may be in for a long long season.
I didn't do any of my homework.

Props: Seahawks! No one's talking about them. I work at the Pro Shop there so I didn't get to see much, but hearing the 12th Man from the shop is always a good thing. And random people screaming when something happens is good too.

Slops: Eagles punt returners. Talk about a nightmare. Look for the Eagles to find someone on the waiver wire, so to speak. It's ridiculous.

I'm just happy the Broncos won. I didn't watch the game since it wasn't in my area, but I followed it loosely on the internet. Cutler led them to the game-winning drive. Mark my fucking words boys, Cutler is one season away from a breakout season. Barring injury, this will be his first complete year and he will put up good numbers. Without a shadow of a doubt, I'm picking up Cutler for my fantasy team next year. He's going to be a huge sleeper. GO BRONCOS.

Other notes: the Giants' offense looked good, especially since everyone was doubting them with no Tiki. I'm upset that their defense blew the game for them, but in other ways I'm quite happy because Eli played a solid game.

heh, you can thank joey fucking harrington for your loss =]
Better start eating those words, because thanks to Eli Manning and TO last night, I now have a 10 point lead with Chad Johnson left against your Fitzgerald and Rackers. As long as the Cardinals get shut down or CJ gets some points, it looks like I could win in all 3 of my leagues! (Burress did incredible for me in another league as well)

My team for smogon did gross yesterday. Who would think that in a game where the steelers put up 34 points willie wouldn't have one touchdown.

watching the giants is going to kill me one day. It is so painful to watch. Eli plays his heart out but the defense lets up the biggest plays on 3rd down every fucking time. Plus They come all the way back. 16 point's down to only 3. Its 3rd and 7 with a guy in tony romo's face he throws a seed to his wideout and the giatns fails to touch the ball or make the tackle.

.....FUCK

And our starting running back qb and de are out.

I don't watch the giants too much, but is Eli really as inconsistent as everyone says?

He played a good game last night, but in the past, he hasn't so much been inconsistent as much as he has been consistently bad :rimshot:

I don't watch the giants too much, but is Eli really as inconsistent as everyone says?
Eli's stats in the first half of the season the last two years have been great. But down the stretch he just plays horrible. I don't know the first half stats off hand i think i posted them somewhere in this thread already but it was something like 15 TD and 9 INT in the first half of last year. Then he went 9 TD and 9 INT the second half. the year before that it was something like 14TD 8 INT first 8 games. Second 8 games something like 9 TD 10 INT. TBH Eli isn't THAT bad. He really just suffers the last name Manning. When you compare him to the rest of the NFL QBs he is above average. But that's the thing no one compares Eli to the rest of the NFL he is compared to his brother. And he has to live up to being the number 1 draft pick who demanded to be traded. Plus last year his second half stats really dipped because he lost Amani Toomer last year to injury along with one of his linemen. Plus Shockey was injured the whole year last year.

So to answer your question if he is that inconsistent my honest answer is who cares what he did all that matters his how he plays now and he picked apart a cowboys defense that was pretty hyped.

(NOTE: The stats are guesses if some one wants to check if i'm right they can but i shouldn't be off by much if at all.)

this is like a bad luck thread.

anyways, tad, was it worth winning week 1 to see eli will be out the next month (supposedly) =]

fucking matt leinart blows

(maybe that will jinx him to do good)

Lol weird american people, still don't understand why you say 'soccer'. It's FOOTBALL goddamnit.
And I also don't understand why many people think 'soccer' boring to watch in the usa...

btw are the bengals winning? I visited Cincinnati last year with school, WHODAY! or something lol.

Well, if you visit a foreign country, are you going to say "Why don't you say Hello as opposed to (insert foreign for hello)?" It's the US, where the NFL and football in general, is called football. Why else wouldn't we call it that? When we come over to the Netherlands and start saying soccer, then you can complain about it.

ALEX SMITH = MICHAEL VICK??!?!?!?! Did you guys see that run?

Also, Boller is not that bad. He had a clutch 4th down throw and completed 2 passes in the end zone near the end. The first one was called back because of a bogus off. interference call, and the second one, Heap dropped when he planted it to him square in the chest.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)