Tournament Overly Underused OverUsed Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Approved by Reverb

-Amateur image done by me
In light of people complaining about the stale and uncreative metagame I have come up with a way to solve this problem; Hold a tournament in which you can only use pokemon that have less then 8 % usage in the current OU metagame. This forces people to use more under rated and under used pokemon in the tier, hopefully resulting in people starting to innovate new and creative sets.

Seeing how some Pokemon are only being used for their Mega evolutions and how they would have below 8 % usage without their Mega evolutions they are allowed to be used. These pokemon are: Altaria, Metagross, Sableye and Lopunny. (Seeing as how Sableye mega is a really popular Pokemon on Stall I have decided to also ban it from this tournament to prevent stall from being the only viable playstyle)
This only goes for Mega stones, so pokemon that are only being used because of a certain set they run are still banned from this tournament.
Any mega of a pokemon that is above 8 % usage is naturally automatically also banned as their base form is also banned.

How do i sign up for this tournament?

You dont have to sign up for this tour through this thread, all you have to do is build a team without using the Pokemon that are banned from this tournament and show up when its being hosted in the OverUsed room at 10 AM EST every saturday.

Standard OverUsed tournament rules are also applied here
Standard Over Used tournament rules:

OU room tour rules!

- Battles won't go over 150 turns. After that threshold, message an auth to pick a winner and, if the battle is even, the winner will be chosen via coinflip or boTTT. This is to keep the tours relatively short in case of stall vs stall.

- No weird Baton Pass. This means no Scolipede and Espeon, no Geomancy and Smashpass mostly. You CAN still have Baton Pass on your team, just not the cheap versions. PM an auth if you happen to face one, and keep in mind this is left to their judgement.

- Scouting is impossible to control, but it's allowed. It's seen as dishonorable though.

- Don't insult or disrespect the other players, nor spam their battles.

- Try to not backseat the battlers if you're watching the fight. That is, don't say things like "Use Earthquake" or "Obvious Knock Off" or even "inb4 HP Fairy"

- Use "/forfeit" to leave battles if you have to go.
- OR use "/tour leave" in the OU chat, which does the same thing.

- Always put timer on. Again, this is to keep the tours relatively short, and the timer is a full 5 minutes in tours.

- Auth members WILL be voiced if modchat is on.

- Purposely running the timer to piss off the other player is not allowed either.

Any remaining questions, ask an auth online.

Pokemon that are banned:
Garchomp, Bisharp, Landorus-Therian, Keldeo, Heatran, Latias, Scizor, Skarmory, Talonflame, Ferrothorn, Latios, Tyranitar, Slowbro, Starmie, Azumarill, Clefable, Tornadus-Therian, Chansey, Thundurus-Incarnate, Rotom-Wash, Altaria (Mega), Excadrill, Metagross (Mega), Lopunny (Mega), Breloom, Zapdos, Manaphy, Hippowdon, Sableye (Mega)

Pokemon that fulfill certain roles(ty for this one orda):

The bans are based off off these usage stats:
http://www.smogon.com/stats/2015-04/ou-1825.txt

I hope that you will have fun during this tournament and that you will enjoy this different (metagame).

EDIT: I changed it from 8 AM to 11 10 AM EST to allow people from the US to play more easily.

EDIT: Gardevoir Mega is now allowed with 23 votes of yes and 20 votes of no

Last edited:

Always!

WAGESLAVE
is a Tiering Contributor
INcentive for me to wake up on Saturday's earlier, probably get my sleep schedule back on track. Neat idea, but you'd kind of think the banlist'd be bigger :P

Yoda2798

Not the user you are looking for
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Doubles Leader
Great idea, looks like great fun! That time is no problem for us Europeans (1pm in UK here). Maybe just me, but could you have a list of the all the stuff that are OU by usage but not banned? (Easier to see than banlist IMO, and I am a bit lazy to have to keep looking to check if something is banned).

P.S. That pic is quite decent, actually.

Edit: Change of time to allow more Americans to play is probably for the best, good choice.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)