Eurovision 2015

All the songs for 2015 have been announced!

This year is probably one of the strongest years ever. The past 2 years have seen some great song and this year can definitely compete with those. We can use this thread to discuss thoughts on the contest this year, who you think will do well/badly, and reactions.

If you don't know what Eurovision is: the Eurovision Song Contest is a contest in which each member nation of the EBU submits a song. They are voted through the semi-finals (apart from the big 5) and in the final every member of the EBU distributes their 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 10, and 12 points to countries. The winner is the country with the most points. Mostly it's european countries, but this year we also have Australia thrown into the mix. Since it's the EBU and not the EU or anything, we have had countries like Morocco enter in the past. It has hundreds of millions of views every year and is (iirc) the most watched annual show of all time. It has a reputation for being a bit trashy and camp, but that's all part of the fun!

I have lots of opinions on this, but I first want to see that I'm not alone in liking Eurovision, lol.

So far, my favourites are Estonia, Sweden, Switzerland, Slovenia, and Spain. What do you think?

Ace

ᴅ ᴇ ᴀ ᴅ
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Eurovision Hype! Looking very forward to the event since it's looking quite strong this year, as you said.

Favourite's are Spain, Slovenia and Iceland but I've not heard them all yet, which I should probably should do so. England's has slightly grew on me but its far too experimental to actually win the competition, Not a fan of Italy and Cyprus this year, either. Also I'm quite gutted that the star's of the show Ukraine are not in the competition this year, they usually have the best performances, curious to see what Australia will bring to the table though!

Everything is bought. I hate this contest because it’s not so important and cool as it wants to be.

Didn't notice this thread until now ;_; Big fan of Eurovision here, it's certainly a strong year this time around, I'm pretty excited!

Some of my favourites would have to be Slovenia, Spain and Estonia. But man I'm pissed about my country (Serbia) going with the English lyrics rather than using the original version in our native language.

Eiganjo

So who did buy all the stroopwafels?
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Eurovision has been and always will be corrupt lol. Used to watch it long ago when I was a kid, now I don't particularly bother with it because it's a huge waste of time since all the eastern european countries will advance regardless.

Transmuter

Banned deucer.
gg Sweden

I haven't been keeping up with Eurovision stuff at all this year (didn't even know the song that was representing my country lol), but I sat down and watched the final as always. Needless to say, I'm impressed with the quality of the songs. My favourites were hands down Australia and Belgium. Sweden was good too, def my fave out of the top 3. Kinda curious if they'll bring Australia back next year, from what I got it seemed as if they were just a 1 time thing.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)