Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 46 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
Hey everyone, I just caught a HA Heal Ball Larvitar, would it be worth breeding over the more traditional Love Ball? Not sure how keen people are about HA Tyranitar

Hey everyone, I just caught a HA Heal Ball Larvitar, would it be worth breeding over the more traditional Love Ball? Not sure how keen people are about HA Tyranitar
If it's for Mega Tyranitar, it should have Sand Stream so you can activate the sandstorm twice. In case you face a weather team.

Though I've used Unnerve ScarfTar before and might be interested in this.

Cretacerus

Survivor
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Reactions Contest Winner
If it's for Mega Tyranitar, it should have Sand Stream so you can activate the sandstorm twice. In case you face a weather team.
Though I've used Unnerve ScarfTar before and might be interested in this.
When going for a shiny Heal Ball Tyranitar, I'll probably still choose Sand Stream as ability, so that wouldn't really be an issue. But I'd be interested in opinions about the aesthetics, since Mega Tyranitar matches the Heal Ball quite well in my opinion, but people generally prefer Apricorn Balls on their non-HA Pokemon (and Love Ball still fits pretty well) :/

When going for a shiny Heal Ball Tyranitar, I'll probably still choose Sand Stream as ability, so that wouldn't really be an issue. But I'd be interested in opinions about the aesthetics, since Mega Tyranitar matches the Heal Ball quite well in my opinion, but people generally prefer Apricorn Balls on their non-HA Pokemon (and Love Ball still fits pretty well) :/
My vote goes to Heal Ball.

So I got a 31/31/29/26/26/31 naive event rayquaza (the nature was a pain ;_;), should I keep it or toss it? overall the stats aren't that bad I think
Generally speaking, you shouldn't settle for less than 28+ in the relevant stats, and Speed should always be one of the perfects.

You wanna swap jobs? I'm still working on a Hasty Mewtwo for the 6th month in a row.

Also anyone heard about this event? I saw a quick note of it on a news page I follow, and seems at some point in June a bunch of Magikarp (potenital Shiny ones in the mix) are going out through GTS and Wonder Trade.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokecen_hiroshima/present/

Can anyone translate the page for more info? I'm not sure if there's anymore to be told yet, but I don't understand any Japanese language so I can't tell anyway.

Generally speaking, you shouldn't settle for less than 28+ in the relevant stats, and Speed should always be one of the perfects.

You wanna swap jobs? I'm still working on a Hasty Mewtwo for the 6th month in a row.

Also anyone heard about this event? I saw a quick note of it on a news page I follow, and seems at some point in June a bunch of Magikarp (potenital Shiny ones in the mix) are going out through GTS and Wonder Trade.

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/pokecen_hiroshima/present/

Can anyone translate the page for more info? I'm not sure if there's anymore to be told yet, but I don't understand any Japanese language so I can't tell anyway.
There will be an event for a shiny Gyardos and a Magikarp (that has a chance to be shiny) to celebrate the pokemon center opening.

You will be able to get a Karp and Dos at every PC/pokemon store in Japan. The Dos can be received once per game but it looks like you will be able to get more than one Karp per savr file

They won't be given out via the GTS or WT (cos screw every country not named Japan) but people who get a Karp will be able to able to send it through the GTS/WT. So it will probably mean that the Karp won't have any event ribbons.

Oh, and this is happening between June 25th and August 3rd

Last edited:
There will be an event for a shiny Gyarados and a Magikarp (that has a chance to be shiny) to celebrate the pokemon center opening.

You will be able to get a Karp and Dos at every PC/pkem in Japan. The Dos can be received once per game but it looks like you will be able to get more than one per save file.

They won't be given out via the GTS or WT (cos screw every country not named Japan) but people who get a Karp will be able to able to send it through the GTS/WT. So it will probably mean that the Karp won't have any event ribbons.

So basically Wonder Trade's gonna get clogged with a bunch of Magikarp over that week. Yay...

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
There will be an event for a shiny Gyarados and a Magikarp (that has a chance to be shiny) to celebrate the pokemon center opening.

You will be able to get a Karp and Dos at every PC/pkem in Japan. The Dos can be received once per game but it looks like you will be able to get more than one per save file.

Gyarados is not more than one per save file at this time, Magikarp on the other hand is and they sort of want you to go fishing for the shiny Magikarp. This event is very similar to the Daisuki Club event, except you don't have to decipher puzzles and you don't need to hunt for them on GTS (initially, you will have to after the distribution starts to get them from other people). It is unknown at this time if there are a number of Gyarados and/or Magikarps with different OT's/ID's and if they want to be cool about it they could name them after every Pokemon Center location leading up the grand opening for Hiroshima.

The Magikarp's will not have an event ribbon.

Gyarados is not more than one per save file at this time, Magikarp on the other hand is and they sort of want you to go fishing for the shiny Magikarp. This event is very similar to the Daisuki Club event, except you don't have to decipher puzzles and you don't need to hunt for them on GTS (initially, you will have to after the distribution starts to get them from other people). It is unknown at this time if there are a number of Gyarados and/or Magikarps with different OT's/ID's and if they want to be cool about it they could name them after every Pokemon Center location leading up the grand opening for Hiroshima.

The Magikarp's will not have an event ribbon.
Thanks for the correction

Just goes to show what happens when you miss out a word in one sentence...

Still looking for BD Eon to call my own

There will be an event for a shiny Gyardos and a Magikarp (that has a chance to be shiny) to celebrate the pokemon center opening.

You will be able to get a Karp and Dos at every PC/pokemon store in Japan. The Dos can be received once per game but it looks like you will be able to get more than one Karp per savr file

No chance this is also being distributed at the Pokemon centre/Nintendo world here in New York, is there? Can we ever have nice things?

Esmeya

There's nothing left. Goodbye.
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
No chance this is also being distributed at the Pokemon centre/Nintendo world here in New York, is there? Can we ever have nice things?
Considering it's not a Pokemon Center anymore (hasn't been since a little after 9/11 and slowly faded out mid 2000's .-. rip my Golden GBA) and the fact that it's a Japanese center launch, no. "PCNY" events haven't existed since 2004-2005.

Edit: and no, NYC can't have nice things anymore 'cus I don't live near there anymore and I don't want to have to drive all the way over there ;o;

I wish they still had nice things. Getting badges from there was pretty cool when I was younger.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)