Suggestions for Pokémon Showdown

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevinrocks

Merry Wanderer of the Night
One of my (many) gripes with PS is that it doesn't indicate that you've found a battle.

edit2: help i am retard and cannot get the thing to work
If you are on chrome, (btw mine updated and screwed this up), once you turn on your notifications in PS!, you have to also click the page icon next to the url in your toolbar, and it will either give you a menu where you can allow notifications, or you will have to click into the site settings and turn on notifications from there. If you're not on chrome, sorry i can't help you :P

If you are on chrome, (btw mine updated and screwed this up), once you turn on your notifications in PS!, you have to also click the page icon next to the url in your toolbar, and it will either give you a menu where you can allow notifications, or you will have to click into the site settings and turn on notifications from there. If you're not on chrome, sorry i can't help you :P
Same is possible on Firefox.

It would mean a lot to me if we could remove Showdown's check for underleveled evolved Pokemon. Some friends and I have been competitively nuzlocking through games and battling ingame teams against one another, and this check causes the simulator to reject many underleveled Pokemon that can be legitimately obtained in-game.

Arcticblast

Trans rights are human rights
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
It would mean a lot to me if we could remove Showdown's check for underleveled evolved Pokemon. Some friends and I have been competitively nuzlocking through games and battling ingame teams against one another, and this check causes the simulator to reject many underleveled Pokemon that can be legitimately obtained in-game.
Use the Custom Game format for under leveled evolved Pokemon. We can't remove the filter entirely or we'd get stuff like level 1 Donphan in OU (nah bro) and adding every exception takes a lot of time.

Can you please remove the Cancel button? Don't mean to be disrespectful but it just sucks. Useless. It has never worked for me.
Since I don't have much hopes of getting it fixed since this has been an issue since day 1 could you at least remove it to not give false hope to players? Thank you

kevinrocks

Can you please remove the Cancel button? Don't mean to be disrespectful but it just sucks. Useless. It has never worked for me.
Since I don't have much hopes of getting it fixed since this has been an issue since day 1 could you at least remove it to not give false hope to players? Thank you
lag also often ruins the cancel button, but the cancel button is a privilege that lets you not be punished by missclicks. While it is not parallel to the actual games, it still is very helpful when it does work and should not be removed in my opinion

It's vigorously annoying trying to find the room I'm looking for on the ever expanding list of rooms on PS. Is there a way they can be further broken down into different categories? Like ones that pertain to other video games would have their own section, language rooms would all be under one section, tier rooms/battling rooms in one categoy, etc. I can ctrl+f, sure, but I'm lazy and I might miss a room pertaining to my interests along the way.

Edit: It might also help new users try to find a room they could be interested in

Last edited:

kevinrocks

It's vigorously annoying trying to find the room I'm looking for on the ever expanding list of rooms on PS. Is there a way they can be further broken down into different categories? Like ones that pertain to other video games would have their own section, language rooms would all be under one section, tier rooms/battling rooms in one categoy, etc. I can ctrl+f, sure, but I'm lazy and I might miss a room pertaining to my interests along the way.

Edit: It might also help new users try to find a room they could be interested in
Control + F is always a thing, and you can also /join while you are in a room, not to mention autojoin is a thing.

Nevertheless I think that this would still be a good idea if it was optional (a "sort by" option maybe?) since the rooms are currently ordered by the number of users in them.

Control + F is always a thing, and you can also /join while you are in a room, not to mention autojoin is a thing.

Nevertheless I think that this would still be a good idea if it was optional (a "sort by" option maybe?) since the rooms are currently ordered by the number of users in them.
My point is, if you're a new person to the site, what rooms that you might be interested in are not readily apparent. You have to look through the list and ctrl+f for your interests. There is no order or rhyme or reason for the rooms except for the amount of people in that particular room. It seems like a simple thing to implement.

So I've been using Missingno. in some Custom Game battles (really kicks ass on a Trick Room team!), and it's got me wondering, instead of just a blank square, what if you implement an actual animated sprite of Missingno.? And if you're wondering where you might find such a thing, trust me- I wouldn't have brought this up if I didn't have that little detail covered.

Front sprite:

Back sprite:

Both sprites are made by yours truly, and you are more than welcome to implement them for Missingno. in Showdown if you so choose.

Forbid logging into a username that is currently being used. The account merging issue is annoying to deal with and I can't think of any good reason for multiple people/IPs to be logged onto the same name at the same time.
I have a reason: say you have shitty internet like me and lots of other people, and it cuts out for a few minutes during a battle. This happens to me every now and again, so what I normally do is go onto PS on my phone and continue the battle. If this was implemented then you would just lose, which is stupid. Another reason could be that your computer freezes or something similar so you have to continue playing on another computer.

is it at all possible to have a time stamp next to tournaments?

(unfixable created a tournament in battlefactory format.)

would be

[22:09:54] (unfixable created a tournament in battlefactory format.)

or something like that. just useful to time tournaments (keeping it open for 10 minutes, for example).

Not sure if this has been suggested before but an option to have pokemon automatically set to level 50 when you choose them, for vgc.

also changing vgc format to have an automatic timer that's a little faster would be cool too, but because of showdown being a little slow sometimes i dont know how good that would be. that'd just be a nice idea for a perfect world.

Vacedit: this is not april fools... if it was it'd be lousy

Post your suggestions for improving Showdown here! This time suggestions that are going to be implemented/have been rejected will be archived in the OP - read through it first before posting your suggestion and do not post previously-suggested ideas. Please be aware that we are not taking room suggestions. Note that this isn't a discussion thread.

• folders for teams [in development]
  • teambuilder tab complete to the move/item/ability with he highest usage in that tier
  • watching 2 chat rooms at once
  • searching for multiple battles at once

sounds good | maybe not
We cannot guarantee that suggestions will be implemented.
I have a suggestion, can Smogon please add a +Create Room function? I want to create a room to host pokemon tournaments and for me and my friends just to be able to hang out in. (just us). Let me know what you guys think about this.

Nickos

Quack
is a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributor
Couldn't other rooms apart from lobby have things like "You can't send the same message again so soon." or spoilers only available to users with + or above? Obviously with certain exceptions like in Anime and Manga

I think it will help reducing the spam in most chatrooms

I have a suggestion too~
Would it be possible to add a command called /homeroom that makes you autojoin that room as soon as you log on? For example, if you used /homeroom wifi, you'd automatically join wifi as soon as you logged yourself onto ps.

kevinrocks

I have a suggestion too~
Would it be possible to add a command called /homeroom that makes you autojoin that room as soon as you log on? For example, if you used /homeroom wifi, you'd automatically join wifi as soon as you logged yourself onto ps.
I believe that this was worked on/suggested in the past, but Tampermonkey works perfectly fine and isn't at all hard to set up.
It would be easier that way, but I don't think it is as easy as it seems on the surface (maybe it is, I'm not a proficient programmer)
Anyway here's the guide if you want it: http://www.smogon.com/player/issue6/ps-tips

kevinrocks said:
but I don't think it is as easy as it seems on the surface
Nah, I know how to code it. It's fairly simple, actually.
But anyways, I guess I see your point. (I actually have tampermonkey, but I haven't bothered learning how to use it, lol)

is it at all possible to have a time stamp next to tournaments?

(unfixable created a tournament in battlefactory format.)

would be

[22:09:54] (unfixable created a tournament in battlefactory format.)

or something like that. just useful to time tournaments (keeping it open for 10 minutes, for example).
Tour auto-start is being worked on which would do what you're implying this would be useful for. If auto-start gets implemented would timestamps still be useful?

I have a suggestion too~
This has been in development for a long time, but there is some disagreement as to what the exact implementation should be.

I'd like the page title to change to match the current room. I was able to do this on a local copy of the client by adding the following code to the updateTabbar function in client.js (I don't know whether this is the best place to put it):
Code:
 document.title = (app.curRoom && app.curRoom.title ? app.curRoom.title+" - " : app.curSideRoom && app.curSideRoom.title ? app.curSideRoom.title+" - " : "")+"Showdown!";
This almost works for me except that the title for the Teambuilder is missing; it needs title: 'Teambuilder', added after type: 'teambuilder', in client-teambuilder.js (compare client-ladder.js). In the mean time I would appreciate a workaround that achieves the above via a Firefox bookmarklet or extension.

Edit: The Teambuilder room now has its title, and the code is now available in GreaseMonkey or bookmarklet form:
Code:
var app = unsafeWindow.app;
if (!app.topbar._updateTabbar) {
  app.topbar._updateTabbar = app.topbar.updateTabbar;
  app.topbar.updateTabbar = function() {
    document.title = (app.curRoom && app.curRoom.title ? app.curRoom.title + " - " :
                      app.curSideRoom && app.curSideRoom.title ? app.curSideRoom.title + " - " : "") + "Showdown!";
    this._updateTabbar();
  }
}
Code:
javascript:if(!app.topbar._updateTabbar){app.topbar._updateTabbar=app.topbar.updateTabbar;app.topbar.updateTabbar=function(){document.title=(app.curRoom&&app.curRoom.title?app.curRoom.title+"%20-%20":app.curSideRoom&&app.curSideRoom.title?app.curSideRoom.title+"%20-%20":"")+"Showdown!";this._updateTabbar();};undefined;}
Edit: This now happens automatically for room changes that change the URL.

Last edited:
hum don't see it in OP.

I would like to see a !tiers command for old gens. As a room moderator we sometimes host BW / DPP tournaments and can't use the !tiers command.

Viability Ranking : Couldn't find one but I believe there is one somewhere ;_;
Banlist : http://www.smogon.com/dex/dp/formats/ou/

Same could be done for elder gens but I guess they are less popular right now.

TI edit: Added a link for every gen. You can do !tiers bw or !tiers gen5, for example.

Done

Last edited by a moderator:

Pikachuun

the entire waruda machine
New tier: Battle Spot Rotations Battle or Rotations Battle OU (and other undertiers).
I think it's a pretty (and skilled) tier, it could make a great success.

Here an introduction to rotation: http://www.smogon.com/smog/issue17/rotation.
Rotation Battle is, or at least appears to be, quite painful to implement/code, which is the primary reason why it is not currently on the simulator, outside of a lower popularity compared to Singles/Doubles/Triples.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)