ORAS OU Might of the Forgotten One

The Team

I've recently come to adore Mega T-Tar as a sweeper and a Mega. Maybe I'm just a Pokehipster and like going against the mainstream. I built the team from lurking around smogon and checking out cool sets. One of the coolest and most effective was Archeops as a lead. From there I got frosslass, who works incredibly well with it when running Ice Shard. I also got the idea of Gyarados and Mega T-Tar as an offensive core, as well as Natural Gift Gyarados.

King Sweep (Archeops) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Endeavor

Just gonna tell you right now, that name is a bluff. It's just there to reinforce the idea that I have an offensive archeops and my opponent should attack me. The plan here is to SR, get hit, Endeavor, die, then switch into Froslass for the kill with Ice Shard. If froslass got Shadow Tag it would be an OP combo. Archeops also has Taunt just in case they decide to not attack the next turn and set up their own hazards. Then I have tailwind just to make sure I outspeed if they do something weird.

Queen Sweep (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Ice Shard
- Taunt

Oh, yet another bluff. This one's a little less believable because froslass never sweeps. Here, froslass's role is Spinblocker/Endeavor Revenge Killer/Spike Setter. The good thing about Frosslass and Archeops is that they both give me a 2 for 2 most times, and I get free rocks. Also usually when I set up spikes my opponent brings in their spinner to kill the blocker then rapid spin, but with destiny bond I just take them down with me and keep my hazards for the rest of the game.

Guard Dog (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Morning Sun

Arcanine acts as the first step to the start of my long-game team. Arcanine is basically my only form of Fire Coverage on my team, so I need to make it last. With that in mind I decided to make it a fully defensive arcanine with intimidate. This set handles pretty much any steel type, including excadrill if I get the wisp off. Steel and Ground types are the main weakness of this team, but Arcanine handles them pretty well despite it's typing.

Endangered (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou coming in as my specially defensive pivot. I needed something fast, considering my team had no natural speed higher than 95 (Ignoring Archeops and Froslass because they're suicide leads). Raikou acts as a great defensive pivot thanks to Assault Vest, and it's my 2nd most reliable answer to lando-i. It's also essentially my only answer to water types (besides gyarados). It outspeeds Lati@s/Garchomp/Keldeo/Serperior, who are the key speedy threats.

Maelstrom (Gyarados) @ Liechi Berry
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift
- Dragon Dance
Introducing sweepcore part 1 of 2. Gyarados and Tyranitar cover each other's weaknesses pretty well, and they both present the oppourtunity of setting up and sweeping by pivoting off of each other. This set is pretty standard except for the Liechi berry which is used as my grass coverage to get at Swampert and Quagsire. It's also a nice surprise for Rotom Wash. Gyarados is basically my ace in the hole for rain teams, which this team struggles against. It's also my answer for 90% of fighting types who never run thunderpunch. Whatever Gyarados doesn't cover...

Warframe (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
...Tyranitar Destroys instead. Enter Mega Tyranitar, famous for being the second most underrated sweeper in all of OU (first being Sweeperella). Tyranitar is bulky enough to set up on things - especially after dual intimidate - and sweep teams. If my opponent has too much priority on their team then the priority needs to be eliminated before Tyranitar gets ready. It's bulky enough to take 1 of anything, but that's about it. Unless I outspeed I'm gonna have a bad time facing the 2nd iteration of priority. It's also Adamant/Jolly because it reaches 361.5 speed, and if showdown rounds up, Adamant Ttar outspeeds Positive base 115's after 1 dragon dance. Jolly would be useful, but with greninja out of the meta there isn't really a need to outspeed positive base 130s, as none of them pose a real threat.

So that's the team, any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Thank you!

Importable:​
Warframe (Tyranitar-Mega) @ Tyranitarite
Ability: Sand Stream
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Ice Punch
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance

Guard Dog (Arcanine) @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Morning Sun

Endangered (Raikou) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Maelstrom (Gyarados) @ Liechi Berry
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Natural Gift
- Dragon Dance

King Sweep (Archeops) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Defeatist
EVs: 252 Def / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Tailwind
- Endeavor

Queen Sweep (Froslass) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Cursed Body
Jolly Nature
- Destiny Bond
- Spikes
- Ice Shard
- Taunt

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey man cool team I really like that hazard lead combo! There a few issues that should be addressed though. First although your hazard leads are a nice combo, you have no direct switch in for the latis(bar your win con) so they can easily come in and defog your hazards away. I'm not sure what arcanine does on this team since on HO any loss of momentum is not too great and arcanine just looks like it drains all that momentum away so I suggest replacing arcanine with bisharp. On a HO team defensive synergy should not be as much of a priority as offensive synergy and bisharp provides just that. Not only does it deter the latis from defogging but it also wears down ttar's common checks and counters such as hippo and keldeo. While this makes your team look weaker to ferro bisharp actually sets up on ferro so it is not really too challenging to break it.

Cool team bro hope I helped n_n

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Grand Salad God

Banned deucer.
Also, maybe Aerodactyl would work better as a suicide lead due to it being faster and a better ability, even if you lose Endeavor. But with defeatist I don't think you're gonna be fast enough to get off Endeavor at 1HP, especially not in OU (well unless vs a Ferrothorn). I suppose this could work?

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve/Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Tailwind
-Rock Slide

Only a suggestion tho...

Hey man cool team I really like that hazard lead combo! There a few issues that should be addressed though. First although your hazard leads are a nice combo, you have no direct switch in for the latis(bar your win con) so they can easily come in and defog your hazards away. I'm not sure what arcanine does on this team since on HO any loss of momentum is not too great and arcanine just looks like it drains all that momentum away so I suggest replacing arcanine with bisharp. On a HO team defensive synergy should not be as much of a priority as offensive synergy and bisharp provides just that. Not only does it deter the latis from defogging but it also wears down ttar's common checks and counters such as hippo and keldeo. While this makes your team look weaker to ferro bisharp actually sets up on ferro so it is not really too challenging to break it.

Cool team bro hope I helped n_n

Bisharp @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance
Thanks!

For the latis it's true I don't have a direct switch but without Arcanine I'm really weak to rotom-willowisp. I usually try working around it with Taunt speed ties. It'll try Bisharp though, I just think I'd lose a physically defensive backbone in my team. Also AV Raikou takes less than half from those and can come back with Shadow Ball.

Also, maybe Aerodactyl would work better as a suicide lead due to it being faster and a better ability, even if you lose Endeavor. But with defeatist I don't think you're gonna be fast enough to get off Endeavor at 1HP, especially not in OU (well unless vs a Ferrothorn). I suppose this could work?

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash
Ability: Unnerve/Pressure
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Taunt
-Tailwind
-Rock Slide

Only a suggestion tho...
Defeatist only lowers Atk and Spa, not Speed. But thanks for the suggestion! I considered Aerodactyl as a lead but its coverage was too bad for me to consider it. Archeops guarantees something gets down to 1 hp unless they're a ghost or base 110+.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)