ORAS OU Return of The Legends

Hi everyone, Smogon ! I am BerlinJump and I'm sorry if my english is really bad but i'm french. This is the 1st RMT I post here. The team I want to propose you it's a balanced.

Moving on, here's a team built around one of my favorite Pokemon, Mega Gallade. Not only that I had fell in love with her because of her design, but because her 165 Atk / 110 speed as well as its nice coverage.

Teambuilding Process

I have started off wanting to build a team around a monster, Mega Gallade.

So, I have implemented Scizor and Rotom. Scizor is able to provide a Fairy and Grass type resist for Mega Gallade and Rotom.

Rotom provides another Water resist and Ground immunity while being able to wall offensive Water types and cripple them with a Will-o-Wisp. Also serves as a pseudo-check to Mega Metagross able to cripple it with a Will-o-Wisp. Also, Rotom-Wash is a great defensive pivot being able to fire off slow Volt Switches in order to get Mega Gallade in safely. He's a good counter at Talonflame. Heatran is able to provide a Fairy, Fire and Grass type resist for Mega Gallade, Scizor and Rotom.

I decided to add Togekiss because it's a amazing pokemon ! I have Ice, Poison and Stell weakness with Togekiss but Heatran, Scizor and Rotom counter that.

Lastly but highly important, I need a staller as well as a Pokemon able to reliably check many of the Electrik types in OU. And that's where Gliscor comes in, one of the most convenient staller in OU. I have a really good synergy and défensive cover with this team.

Gallade-Mega @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 192 SpD / 72 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sword Dance
- Roost

Importable
Gallade-Mega (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Inner Focus
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Knock Off
- Psycho Cut
- Swords Dance

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 208 HP / 252 Atk / 48 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Pursuit
- Superpower
- U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 212 Def / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp

Heatran @ Air Balloon
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt

Togekiss @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Dazzling Gleam
- Flamethrower

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off
- Sword Dance
- Roost

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-235260816 vs isukatgamez (actually 10th of ladder OU, 25th after this battle)

Thank you for comprehension it's my first RMT and I'm french. And thank you listening and I hope you enjoyed. :)

Last edited:

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Hey man nice team but you need to have 3-4 lines explaining the choices of moves and ev spreads that you have selected on each mon as stated in the RMT rules here. A mod will probably lock this until you fix this RMT up a little bit. Anyways I'l rate your team based off assumptions on each move selection before this gets locked. Also welcome to smogon n_n

I suggest changing gallade's move set to containing zen headbutt>ice punch and knock off>shadow sneak. This moveset allows you to have optimal coverage against the majority of the tier. This set fits your team much better than the previous options since you have rotom to cripple and/or weaken fat chomp and lando-t and sneak really only helps against the other base 110's that you tie against. Your team is also a bit weak to keldeo so gallade's psychic stab provides a nice check to keldeo and a bit of counter-play to it since keldeo getting a kill gives a free switch to the beast that is gallade.

Going off the fact that the team is weak to keldeo and you have no hazard removal I suggest replacing togekiss with latios. Latios provides a hard check to keldeo along with much needed defog support so your team is less pressured by hazards. This change makes you a bit weak to gengar since your checks have to rely on speed tying it so I suggest changing gliscor to the more optimal SD spdef set. Physically defensive gliscor is not as good as spdef since it's typing lets it check a myriad of physical attackers already. Your team also could use an answer to Msab stall since it's gallade's number one counter so gliscor provides a nice answer to Msab and forms a nice stallbreaking core with gallade. Most important of all it gives you a nice check to the aforementioned threat that is gengar which destroys your team otherwise (watch for icy wind). Facade was selected over knock off so you can break opposing gliscor which may give your team a problem and dropping 4 ev's from hp gives you 244 which is a poison heal number.

Nice team just add descriptions for each mon and why you chose each spread and moveset and you should be good to go! I'l leave my suggestions in the tab below and welcome to smogon n_n

Gallade (M) @ Galladite
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Zen Headbutt
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance

Latios (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Facade
- Earthquake

Thanks for your suggestions man ! Your set Gliscor and Mega Gallade i'ts cool but why not Psycho Cut > Zen Headbutt ? And Togekiss is really amazing with 60% flinch in Air Slash ! Are you sure Latios > Togekiss ?

Mur

If you're not first you're last
Thanks for your suggestions man ! Your set Gliscor and Mega Gallade i'ts cool but why not Psycho Cut > Zen Headbutt ? And Togekiss is really amazing with 60% flinch in Air Slash ! Are you sure Latios > Togekiss ?
You can go psycho cut>zen headbutt if you want more accuracy over power, I simply just put the stronger option which I personally prefer. I do think latias is a better mon for the team over togekiss because it checks a majority of the same things as toge (bar ttar and ferro who both get torn apart by a majority of your team anyways) and like I said in my rate above, your team lacks hazard removal which in the current meta is very bad because a lot of teams pressure mons that threaten them through the use of hazards. Also your team has no reliable switch-in for keldeo which latias provides. In case you were wondering the reasoning for the use of latias without healing wish is because with latias as the only water resist life orb+repeated attacks will wear it down quickly so roost>healing wish works better in this situation. Hope that clears things up for you!

You can go psycho cut>zen headbutt if you want more accuracy over power, I simply just put the stronger option which I personally prefer. I do think latias is a better mon for the team over togekiss because it checks a majority of the same things as toge (bar ttar and ferro who both get torn apart by a majority of your team anyways) and like I said in my rate above, your team lacks hazard removal which in the current meta is very bad because a lot of teams pressure mons that threaten them through the use of hazards. Also your team has no reliable switch-in for keldeo which latias provides. In case you were wondering the reasoning for the use of latias without healing wish is because with latias as the only water resist life orb+repeated attacks will wear it down quickly so roost>healing wish works better in this situation. Hope that clears things up for you!
I have edit this topic, i have one replay and my togekiss is really amazing versus Mega Lopunny, Keldeo etc ... I don't know for Latios but thanks for Mega Gallade, he's really good with your movepool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)