Magneton Suspect Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
np: Señora Peres da Silva - Magnet Song
After extensive discussion and a few weeks playing the new metagame, we will be holding a suspect test for Magneton. As with our last suspect test, Magneton will be allowed on the suspect ladder so that you can play with and against it and see what the NU metagame is like with it around.

Magneton is an insanely powerful Pokemon with three amazing abilities, highlighted by Analytic, which boosts the power of Magneton's moves by 1.3x whenever it moves second or the opponent switches. Only dedicated Electric and Steel resists can switch into Magneton comfortably, and only a handful of viable Pokemon can prevent it from using Volt Switch, thus making it even more difficult to stop. With the popularity of its Analytic Choice Specs set, Magneton has forced most balanced teams to run Lanturn, Stunfisk, or Ferroseed in hopes of beating it, and while offensive teams can more easily handle the Specs set, they tend to struggle with its Choice Scarf set.

To attain reqs to vote during this suspect test, you must reach 2400 COIL. The B value for this test is 20.0. For those curious, you can find out approximately how many matches you have to play to achieve reqs by inputting your GXE (shown on the ladder page and when you type /rank into the chat) into the following formula:

20.0/log2(40*GXE/2400)

(Google calculator is awesome for this kind of thing.)

We will post an alt confirmation thread towards the end of the laddering period, which will last two weeks until approximately June 8th at 11:59 PM EST. Votes will take place shortly after that. Feel free to use this thread to discuss all topics related to the suspect test. Be sure not to post any one-liners, remain respectful towards other players, and stay on-topic.

Rapture

I got so much time today
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
About time, magneton polarizes the metagame in an unfavorable fashion with niche mons like stunfisk becoming popular just for acting as one of its hardest checks. These are just my preliminary thoughts however, we'll see if the ladder changes anything.

First Thoughts:
Magneton is so fucking scary due to its raw power and ability to run choice specs for even more power or eviolite for bulk and the ability to switch up moves which only helps it take down its counters. Scarf is even viable to beat offense. Running stunfisk on every team is a little annoying especially because it is 2 hit or 3 hit ko'd by specs analytic hp grass/ground. I know there is prediction involved because the hp grass or ground is fairly obvious however i still feel Magneton is over centralizing.

As of now, VOTING BAN

Magneton forces any balance team into having Pokemon, such as Lanturn or Torterra which the former gets hammered by HP Ground still while the latter gets smacked by Flash Cannon. On offense it has shaky checks at best in Raichu and Evire all of which fall to HP Ground. It's a centralizing force in the meta game, which makes team building is pretty simple and as a result ends up in a stale meta. It's fun Mon to use, but it really just has to go so I'm voting ban.

I'm not going to lie, Magneton is insanely powerful. Pretty much, I been getting annoyed with it in my practice battle against someone for the Premier League coming up. I found it to be difficult to work around it. I even find it difficult because I had to use Lanturn to try and check it without switching so much into Stealth Rock because Magneton usually carries Hidden Power Grass thus checking it. I do say that depending on the kind of team you run, it is very hard to get rid of Magneton because of its teammates, as I try to predict switches.

Yes I do agree that Magneton is very threatening to Neverused. Choice Scarf is used most often. It has many resistances it can switch into, making it a nice check against Pokemon for cleaning up or hit and run with volt switch. I am entirely glad this suspect is happening because this is the most annoying Pokemon I ever dealt with in NU.

QueenOfLuvdiscs

Tier 3 Audino sub
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Magneton really attracted lol warped the whole meta around it, with balanced running a combonation of Ferroseed, Lanturn, Stunfisk and Torterra in order to guarantee it not just not crush them with it's powerful STAB moves, when factoring in Choice Specs as well as Analytic, as most of the time you are gonna be switching into this, and with it's checks haven't no reliable recovery outside of Torterra and I guess Ferroseed, they can get worn down via constantly switching into Magneton as well as the potential of hazards being up. Scarf Magneton does extremely well against offense, as it outspeeds everything relevant in NU so have to rely on Rotom and E-vire to deal with this monster, but again, can be easily worn down and it's not hard to get a late game sweep with Scarf Mag against offense.

It's defensive typing is also decent, whilst 50/90/70 may not be the greatest, but when paired with 11 resistances and 1 immunity it can also switch into many unboosted resisted hits and start firing off hits with ease.

The offensive and defensive presence this mon has, as well as the centralisation this causes as well makes it extremely unhealthy for NU. I'd be more than happy to see it go.

FUCK MAGNETS!

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
Magneton is ridiculously good - steel/electric typing, three viable abilities, multiple sets (although they all use the same moves, so it's more like multiple items), lots of power, solid physical bulk with Eviolite, and plenty of power behind its special attacks.

With Magneton's introduction into the tier, a lot of people immediately resorted to using Stunfisk or Lanturn. Although part of this shift was due to Seismitoad's departure from the tier, the introduction of Magneton and, to a lesser extent, Fletch were primarily responsible for this trend.

Sure, both of these pokemon can laugh at any STAB attack Magneton throws at them, but it does run HP Ground very often and with analytic (I know prediction is a two-way street and predicting the switch-in isn't too consistent an argument, but it's usually obvious as they're reliable switch-ins generally), HP Ground can 2HKO offensive Lanturn (specs or agility) and at least put a dent into bulkier variants before likely being forced out. Now I know that these two are still easily considered checks, but wearing Lanturn or Stunfisk out isn't too challenging in this metagame, so it is fair to say that there really isn't any 'super reliable consistent' counter to Magneton outside of the uncommon (and imo lackluster) Restalk Lanturn. Also, I prefer analytic over either other ability as it makes Magneton insanely powerful when hitting a switch-in or moving second, even if it is Eviolite instead of Specs, but Magnet Pull is viable, although situational, for trapping Ferroseed (need to be HP Fire or SubChargeBeam) or Klinklang, and Sturdy is viable, too (just ask Omfuga).

Going back onto the main line of thought, outside of the two aforementioned answers to Magneton, in Lanturn and Stunfisk, there aren't many other checks/counters. Electevire and Raichu both absorb any electric move and resist Flash Cannon, sure, but they don't like Specs or Analytic Flash Cannon while HP Ground will do a ton. I would classify them both as offensive checks, but Elect is the only one of the two that is decent currently and even then, I don't see to many people using it. AV users like Hariyama and Magmortar can defensively check it through taking 2-3 hits before being low or dying, but it can easily volt on the switch in or, if facing Hariyama, volt into a check for some more damage (not to mention neither appreciates specs or even Eviolite attacks when boosted by analytic when they are switching in as neither resists electric, so they get worn out easily and cost their own team momentum). Honorable mention goes to SDef Zweilous for being a specially defensive behemoth, but it does nothing in return while still taking enough to be threatened by Flash Cannon (so it's not a check at all), and Ferroseed, which is easy volt switch bait for any set, but can defensively wall any non-HP Fire variant (although Magnet Pull HP Fire gives it the D, so be careful) - too bad it gives up all momentum and does very little in return.

Overall, Magneton has a lack of checks/counters that makes me feel the need to run one of a select few things in teambuilding which restricts me quite a bit while it can use Specs, Eviolite, or Scarf with Analytic, Magnet Pull, or Sturdy to fulfill various roles and function as you'd like it to. I think a ban is appropriate.

Funbot28

Banned deucer.

Oh this cheeky little guy, why did you have to come and destroy us?

Magneton is the epitome of overcentralizing right now. I had to scrap most of my teams when the may tier shifts happen just to adapt to this mon. He literally makes running a steel type on a team a "uncertainty" just because he can trap and kill them with ease. Also with Choice Specs and Analytic combined, he pratically 2KO's the whole tier. I feel he controls the meta too much, attracting teams with dedicated counters for him, and repelling new and creative teams that wanna join in. BAN THIS MONSTER!

Last edited:
"Freaking magnets, how do they work?"- Insane Clown Posse (Miracles(Censored))

Anyways, Magneton has the defensive capabilities of Magnezone with eviolite and should be something to be feared, even without an air balloon. I don't play NU, but I figure this is a huge problem for those without a ground type/move. Like the Noivern suspect test going on right now, Magneton was dropped from usage and probably was too viable in the NU.

metagame.http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/oras-nu-viability-rankings.3523692/

It's like Doublade, but with slightly worse typing. Ban.

+
+
=
d-d-did I figure out how magnet work?

First thoughts
Magneton isn't per say 'broken' but it is affecting the way I team build, I'm forced to run a counter to it which is so limited as to it's amazing power with analytic and specs, now of course, with every top tier threat usually forces you to run a counter or check in some kind, but the only few that do that is Torterra, Lanturn, Stunfisk, only the former having reliable recovery. The fact I even mentioned stunfisk is just an instant alarm that magneton is affecting teambuilding.

The amount of sets it can run, that being eviolite, scarf, and specs are all threatening in there own way, scarf magnet pull traps mons like ferroseed and mawile limiting there viability to an extent. Specs is just insanely powerful that can easily get momentum with volt switch and forces either the opposing lanturn or stunfisk to come in. Not many teams have I seen go without a lanturn or stunfisk and usually those without them are at a major disadvantage from the start if your opponent has magneton. The final set is eviolite which is just incredibly bulky and still very powerful at the same time, it can take hits easily and then hit back with an analytic boosted thunderbolt or flash cannon. Every set has purpose and is great which makes magneton unpredictable.

It's also got great defensive capabilities with or without eviolite as it can wall many things. The tier now has a horrible amount of mons using hidden power ground, the things I have seen using hp ground has ranged from vivillion to ferroseed. This simply shows how desperate people are getting to catch out magneton which proves how affective it is to the tier. It walls so many thing and pretty much forces them to use a move they wouldn't usually use, for example fletchinder using overheat which can't even ohko eviolite so you still have to hope it isn't scarf.

Magneton has clearly affected the tier in a negative manner, the teams are changing to an extent where they are almost predictable that they will bring a magneton check/counter so it is easily taken advantage off by bringing torterra which can screw over magneton's very limited checks. Overall magneton has very limited checks and counter which make teambuilding very difficult, BAN MAGNETS, I DO NOT KNOW HOW THEY WORK

Magneton has got to go. First it over centralizes the metagame which is always a bad sign. Second it is INCREDIBLY hard to switch into since a spec analytic set can 2HKO most of the tier with the exception of lanturn and stunfisk I know that might seem situational but since u can't determine its item until it attacks something it make it really difficult to play around. Its not only the specs set that's an issue, Choice Scarf, Eviolite are both just as bad as specs in their own way. Magneton is very destructive in NU definitely voting BAN

Bughouse

Like ships in the night, you're passing me by
is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
It's one of the most restrictive mons on teambuilding within a tier that I've ever seen, given that Specs Analytic attacks are just too strong for 90%+ of the tier to switch in. It even has reasonable defensive typing in Steel and enough speed to also pull off Scarf (though it's less good) and Magnet Pull to even try Sub Charge Beam (and this set comes with Eviolite... so it's not even frail at all). It even has Volt Switch to pivot around softer checks like Rotom.

Not saying anything anyone probably hasn't already said in a tldr post above, but yeah... broken magnets are 100% banworthy.

To begin with, the amount Magneton restricts teambuilding is insane. You're forced to run Stunfisk, Lanturn, or another check, all beaten by a coverage move. It has 3 amazing sets, all as good as the last, which makes it hard to beat and hard to play around. Nothing switches into Specs, that's that. For Eviolite, you could switch into an immunity, just to be bopped by another move. Even Scarf is pretty good, as it completely destroys offense. For now, I'm leaning towards BANning Magneton. This could change with suspect laddering, although I doubt it

Initial thoughts: I feel that Magneton is over centralizing the meta, as people above have stated causing some mons to run Hp ground as was stated above, but its got two nice abilities. In my opinion Magnet Pull is not as good as that traps steel types like Mawile, Klinklang. Then you have Analytic which does 1.3x more damage if your pokemon moves last, but overall it has sheer power behind it restricting team building. I will vote Ban

Xylen

Perfect Harmony.
is a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Magneton is definitely worth a suspect. Having a decent typing, and decent defenses. Having Analytic as an ability helped it a lot as it forces a lot of switches. Magnet Pull can be used but imo its not great. There's not a lot of steel types it'd like to trap and having HP Fire/Grass means it loses coverage to stuff like Lanturn/Quagsire. It can run a lot of sets and they all work amazingly, Scarf, Specs, Eviolite, Sub Magnet Rise they all work really well. People must also prepare for Magneton, but even then people have a bad time dealing with it.

So after battling with and against it, this mini Heliolisk gets my vote of ban.

I agree that Magneton needs to go. A lot of Pokemon from Generation 1 that got a new evolution in Generation 4 actually were already pretty strong back then, making them still useable, and if anything even scarier because of new abilities, hidden abilities, and Eviolite. Magneton dominates in NU and I see it on almost every team. It can be a simple counter, you just have to figure out what item it's using. If it's using a scarf or specs, you just gotta get in a Pokemon that can tank a hit and hopefully OHKO it, or 2 Hit it, but that's still rather hard without a specific counter, and they often end up switching out when against an unfavorable match up. Because of how common it is, and how easily it can get through most Pokemon in the NU tier, I would also vote to either ban it, or toss it into RU.

My initial thoughts: I have to agree with most saying that it is overcentralizing the tier. So much so that I used Lanturn for the first time in NU, which is a decent counter but can still get hit for decent damage from a coverage move. Specs+Analytic is imo the strongest set, which 2HKOs a lot of the tier. Magnet Pull is another good set that wouldn't be as scary but its offensive prowess pretty much makes you wary of running a steel type. Even if you prepped for those sets, a scarf set is a viable option also. Trying to play around and figure out its set could potentially cost you a mon or two. You almost have to run a counter like Lanturn or Stunfisk, which have all been common lately. I'll probably go Ban.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok guess it is time I post my thoughts in here about these Magnets and its positives and negatives (intentional pun).

Magneton has been an overwhelming threat in NU as it has almost everything going for it. It has three really good abilities in Analytic, Magnet Pull, and Sturdy (listed in order of most to least viable). Analytic means it can't have switchins as Analytic boosts Magneton's already great power since it counts as moving "last" if a switch occurs. Magnet Pull makes using other Steel-types such as Klinklang and Ferroseed an uncertainty as you cannot realy on them to "check" Magneton as the Magnets can gather ez momentum on both of them via Volt Switch or beat them with a respective Hidden Power. Sturdy, while the least viable of the three imo, still has its uses. Sturdy + Custap can make for some shenanigans while Sturdy can also act as an emergency check to mons carrying Ground coverage that are weak to Magneton. While it has three really good abilities, it also has three really good sets in Specs, Eviolite, and Scarf. The synergy of its sets and its abilities also makes it a major threat to NU. Initially, I thought this thing would just be S rank and be a threat to prepare for, but after playing with it and playing against it, I think I can safely say that the Magnets have had a negative effect on NU and as such need to be banned.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Magneton is just too versatile and powerful at what it does, and its wallbreaking abilities and other qualities easily outweigh the negatives it has.

I like Stunfisk and Lanturn as much as the next guy, but I'm getting sick of running at least one of them on every single balanced team. The fact that it forces you to run at least one of these Pokemon in combination with other countermeasures is really unhealthy for NU. Like Finch said above, it really only needs Thunderbolt / Volt Switch / Flash Cannon on the typical choiced set, so it easy has room for Hidden Power Ground / Grass / Fire, which also shows how customizable it is based on your teams needs. Going on with its versatility (they all use similar movesets so its really just items but the point still stands), the most common sets are Choice Specs, Choice Scarf, and your occasional bulky(ish) Eviolite variants. Sometimes, the small unpredictability between a Choice Specs and Choice Scarf set can determine the outcome of a game. For example, if I sacrifice my Rotom to a Thunderbolt and its not possible to determine whether it is specs or scarf, I'm much more hesitant to bring in my Floatzel / Archeops / Pyroar to revenge kill it in fear of it potentially being scarfed. The team support provided by Magneton, whether it be trapping a Steel type or just luring in something for a teammate with the hidden power of choice, is way too much.

In all reality, Magneton's only flaws are that it is easily revenge killed without a choice scarf and has common weaknesses, but those are easily mitigated by its plethora of resistances and team support capabilities, and it needs to be banned.

Reactions: zbr
Magneton requires a counter/check on every team, or you will be swept. Whilst the same could be said about every other mon, magnetons counters are limited to stunfisk and lanturn, which makes teambuilding balance very restrictive. While offense can easily revenge kill it, magneton generally can get a free switch and manage to kill something. Also it's a good momentum gainer with volt switch which makes it even more broken. Because magnets restricts teambuilding certain playstyles so much, I'd ask for it to banned.

Orphic

perhaps
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
I can see that probably a lot of the limited things to say about Magneton have already been said by the time i've reached this threat so I'll try and root out some original comments for you guys.

I honestly always underestimate this guys power, but lets review it's amazing stats:

50/60/95/120/70/70
This special attack stat is godly, here's a list of relevant things that Magneton has more special attack than:
Cacturne
Haunter
Jynx
Gorebyss
Lilligant
Mismagius
Pyroar
and the list goes on, the point being that only really Exeggutor and Magmortar have more than Magneton, and neither hold the same ability to provide momentum using that power with a move like Volt Switch. Volt Switch + 120 base SpA is what makes this thing so scary, we've always handled strong special attackers but not on the scale the Magneton uses its power, its not a Magmortar where your only tactic is to hit stuff and predict Quagsire. Lets consider this huge base SpA + Specs + 1.3% Analytic boost (something else Magmortar and Eggy don't have alongside Magnets) and here's some incredible calcs:

252+ SpA Choice Specs Analytic Magneton Thunderbolt vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Rotom: 184-217 (60.5 - 71.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magneton Hidden Power Grass/Ground vs. 40 HP / 216+ SpD Lanturn: 180-214 (44.8 - 53.3%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (on switch even more with Analytic).
252+ SpA Choice Specs Magneton Hidden Power Grass/Ground vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Stunfisk: 148-176 (35 - 41.7%) -- 79.9% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery (This is incredible since that's not the normal Stunfisk spread and no Analytic boost included).

So since these are the only real switch ins I can think of this early, show me the checks?

50/60/95/120/70/70
Magneton's speed is at first look mediocre at best, but the real question is whether this hinders it's ability to destroy most of the NU tier, and for me the answer is no, it does not. This speed allows it to reliably run scarf and outspeed most fast threats like Tauros, Sneasel, Floatzel, Mismagius. Not to mention, Magneton doesn't need it's speed at all most of the time, it takes advantage of good match ups to deal serious damage to any switch in on the opponents team, or just attack the slow mon in front of it.

50/60/95/120/70/70
Okay so this is where we're getting past the overcentralizing part, and into the arguments about how versatile Magneton is. We've been introduced to sets like Sub/Charge Beam which take advantage of an okay natural bulk and a quite great bulk after Eviolite. Even just Eviolite Analytic Magneton is something people have used so not to get locked into one move and let their Magneton force more switches and not hinder itself against electric absorbers. With Eviolite, Magneton can hit with its 120 base + 1.3% Analytic, whilst having a 142.5 base defense, and a 105 base special defense, and those stats are unmatched.

#banthemagnets
#howdotheywork
#showmethecounters

Quite Quiet

why fall in love when you can fall asleep
is a Site Content Manageris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
TFP Leader
For all that Magneton is restricting teambuilding, can we at least not pretend HP Ground Ferroseed was anything but a gimmick and shouldn't be accounted for much in this discussion. While Magneton is restricting teambuilding, it doesn't restrict it so brutally that everything has to be able to beat it or be unviable. And while Lanturn and Stunfisk rose as counters to the magnet, they are not only for Magneton alone, and usually end up checking/countering a bunch of other things as well. Yeah they can get worn down, but so does Magneton vs spike stacking if it keeps volt switching. :l

I'm a bit hesitant to call my vote right now. I see where everyone is coming from with a ban, but excluding the ban-train the seems to be going strong, there really haven't been much of any actual discussion going on in this thread.

Last edited:
Yes magnets has good power, but using specs calcs when I don't think that specs is even the best set is kinda ehh. I feel like I'll section out its sets and give my opinion on them all so I can share my views and maybe share clarity on how this pokemon from my experiences.

Scarfed set: Ahh this is a threat to offensive teams, however if that said offensive team is running a lanturn / stunfisk / torterra or even their own trapping magnets, it's nearly useless in every sense and really lacks any power to revenge kill or check certain pokemon such as the pixies (uxie / mesprit). Its bulk is really underwhelming without an eviolite and is nearly always a sitting duck unless it has team support to help get rid of its counters and checks meaning that it is a pretty mediocre set that is prediction reliant and 9/10 times a sitting duck. I'd even go out as far as saying that shit set is the worst magnets set by far and i'd even consider not even taking it into factor when I am deciding to vote.

Specs set: Big powaa, wall breaker status. This has switch ins, more switch ins than CB sawk in my opinion and it makes people not click magnetons stabs since every team has a lanturn or a stunfisk sitting their ready to absorb the hit which makes people NEED to make the prediction the first time around in order to potentially break it later on in the game IF magneton gets enough switch in opportunities. People are overestimating the bulk of a non evio magneton set and in an ideal situation, you're not switching this thing in on anything since you want it to be able to live a hit potentially at some point to fire off a nuke. Also, people calcing the "modest specs analytic big power hp ground" to its counters, they're barely being 2 hit ko'd and the player switchin in their lanturn is easily able to pivot out to a pokemon that can avoid the hp ground if it needs to and can shift momentum for the opposition team. From that point on, it will get harder and harder to bring magneton in safely and will never end up clicking its main stab which is volt switch or t-bolt / flash cannon. So yes it has great wall breaking sets, but unless you're playing A) a team that doesn't prepare for this S rank threat or B) a player that can't tie his own shoelaces, you're going to lose momentum easily.

Eviolite set: This is by far the best set in my opinion since you're not choice locked, you have greater bulk and a great ability to check pokemon and even an option to boost its power using analytic ability making it a very viable set and a set I have decided to use myself. This is the set I look at most when I think of whether to ban or not magneton since its the most effective set rather than theorymonning every magneton to be specs in power and scarf in speed and eviolite in bulk... This set really lacks immediate power in my opinion, it needs to force a switch or to be slower in order to boost its attack and it also needs to force a switch. Now looking at magneton's stats, running a base 70 all out attack in magneton is alright, it's got decent bulk, checks sneasel to an extent and can beat fletch reliably whilst also going toe to toe with lanturn, however would I consider this set to be broken? I don't think so. It is checked by a variety of electric types that have grown in popularity and has also been given a few counters such as stunfisk and lanturn which are extremely noice for the team using them since they are excellent utility mons which can get up stealth rock, spread hazard or pivot on the magneton to gain momentum for the team which means that magnets is really nullified to the point it's just an average NU mon that has counters.

I think it's a good pokemon, it's an even better pokemon on paper however and that's why it has caused so much centralization in the team builder. It has to sacrifice its bulk and ability to switch up moves to boost EITHER its power or speed whilst having a pretty mediocre base speed and power distribution if you don't add specs, meaning that its in reality just not as good as people are hyping it up to be.

tl;dr scarf set is ass, specs is prediction reliant, evio is best set but in reality just an nu mon with answers that people theory mon so much to the point that it's the next best thing since iplaytennislol. I don't think I'll be banning it any time soon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)