ORAS UU Killer Gecko: A team centered around Mega Sceptile

Hi, my name is cenoli and this is my first RMT, I made this team because I really liked the design of Mega Sceptile and it turns out that he's actually a very good Pokemon! Without any further ado, here is my team:

Sceptile @ Sceptilite
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Iron Tail
I put Sceptile on here for his incredible strength and speed, plus fwg synergy with Feraligatr and Entei. I gave him iron tail bacause it helps a lot with Florges, even with its shaky accuracy, I feel like the coverage it offers is invaluable, as I Can often hit Florges on the switch, and 2hko it.

Feraligatr @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 220 Atk / 36 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Dragon Dance
- Crunch
- Substitute
Usually I will switch Feraligatr in on something it can take a hit from, set up a sub and then a dd. If its later in the game and all his checks are weakened, I can finish the game off pretty clean. 36 SpD EV's Ensure that Suicune can't break my sub with scald.

Entei @ Choice Band
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Sacred Fire
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
- Extreme Speed
Entei is an incredibly potent wallbreaker, and him and Sceptile can poke holes in the team for a potential sweep from Feraligatr's sweep. Ev's are pretty standard, usually I will spam sacred fire to burn stuff, and flare blitz later in the game to rack up damage. It can also act as a pretty decent revenge killer with Espeed, and stone edge for coverage.

Crobat @ Black Sludge
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 248 HP / 76 Def / 184 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Defog
- Roost
Crobat can take hits surprisingly well, can stall out the team with roost, and does damage back with brave bird, and gives momentum with u-turn. 184 speed ev's let me out-speed m-Pidgeot, and the rest is invested in bulk. This thing has saved me many times as I can stall a surprising amount of Pokemon out with a combination of brave bird and roost.

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic
- Ice Beam
- Discharge
- Recover
As I was building this team, I realized I needed someone who could I could switch into to soak up as many hits as I needed it to, and Porygon2 was perfect for this. Discharge over Tbolt because the occasional paralyze can be invaluable. Ice beam was added for BoltBeam coverage, and toxic can wear down many Pokemon really fast.

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
I used to have Krookodile here, but I felt Cobalion was a much better fit for my team. I can usually send him out first and completely stop any attempt from the other team setting up hazards, and then set up my own, depending on the match-up.

The main issue I am having with this team is that I can never safely switch anyone from my fwg core in without killing somebody off.

Also I was listening the this album while playing this team, so listen to it for the full experience:

sup Cenoli,

this is a pretty cool team, there's a team similar to it that's been floating around for a while now lool. There are a few ways I think this team can be improved, though.

I think your Sceptile set is pretty sub-par; yeah, you lure in and 2HKO Florges, but the coverage you get aside from it isn't offering you much aside from Whimsicott, who your team handles without too much trouble anyway. You also have Entei and Porygon2 to pressure it, so you're not gaining too much from the mediocre coverage either. The best way for you to go is to get rid of Iron Tail for Giga Drain, and change Naive nature to Modest. Giga Drain lets you get reliable recovery and also doesn't force you out every time you want to use your Grass-STAB, and Modest Nature is nice since you're guaranteed to 2HKO Crobat without rocks on their field, and you don't lose much speed in the process either. Alternatively, you can try Hidden Power Fire over Giga if you feel like you'd rather smack Escavalier, Forretress, and Doublade.

Your Porygon2 spread could probably be optimized to take both physical and special hits better, since it's your main answer to stuff like the Nidos and Pidgeot. I think you could probably change it to 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD Calm, as you still manage to tank the aformentioned special attackers reliably while also giving you some leverage vs mons like Mega Aerodactyl.

As stated earlier, you have a lot of leg room vs Florges in your team, which is why you could probably swap Iron Head out for Volt Switch on Cobalion; aside from Fairies, you're not hitting much, and having a nice VoltTurn core with Crobat to pivot into your wallbreakers makes it much more easier for Feraligatr to sweep. Close Combat is generally better coverage anyway, as checking LO Hydreigon and Krookodile are both huge benefits for your team, seeing as how much of a threat they are to it.

tl;dr

Iron Tail / Naive -> Giga Drain or HP Fire / Modest
Physically Defensive -> Mixed Defenses
Iron Head -> Volt Switch

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Giga Drain

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Discharge / Tri Attack

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

Hope I helped! this format is nice too, shoutouts to whoever i stole it from idr who : D

sup Cenoli,

this is a pretty cool team, there's a team similar to it that's been floating around for a while now lool. There are a few ways I think this team can be improved, though.

I think your Sceptile set is pretty sub-par; yeah, you lure in and 2HKO Florges, but the coverage you get aside from it isn't offering you much aside from Whimsicott, who your team handles without too much trouble anyway. You also have Entei and Porygon2 to pressure it, so you're not gaining too much from the mediocre coverage either. The best way for you to go is to get rid of Iron Tail for Giga Drain, and change Naive nature to Modest. Giga Drain lets you get reliable recovery and also doesn't force you out every time you want to use your Grass-STAB, and Modest Nature is nice since you're guaranteed to 2HKO Crobat without rocks on their field, and you don't lose much speed in the process either. Alternatively, you can try Hidden Power Fire over Giga if you feel like you'd rather smack Escavalier, Forretress, and Doublade.

Your Porygon2 spread could probably be optimized to take both physical and special hits better, since it's your main answer to stuff like the Nidos and Pidgeot. I think you could probably change it to 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD Calm, as you still manage to tank the aformentioned special attackers reliably while also giving you some leverage vs mons like Mega Aerodactyl.

As stated earlier, you have a lot of leg room vs Florges in your team, which is why you could probably swap Iron Head out for Volt Switch on Cobalion; aside from Fairies, you're not hitting much, and having a nice VoltTurn core with Crobat to pivot into your wallbreakers makes it much more easier for Feraligatr to sweep. Close Combat is generally better coverage anyway, as checking LO Hydreigon and Krookodile are both huge benefits for your team, seeing as how much of a threat they are to it.

tl;dr

Iron Tail / Naive -> Giga Drain or HP Fire / Modest
Physically Defensive -> Mixed Defenses
Iron Head -> Volt Switch

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Focus Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire] / Giga Drain

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Def / 152 SpD
Calm Nature
- Ice Beam
- Toxic
- Recover
- Discharge / Tri Attack

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Close Combat

Hope I helped! this format is nice too, shoutouts to whoever i stole it from idr who : D
Thanks! I'll implement all the changes you posted and see how it helps! And it's really funny that a team similar to this has been floating around, and if I may ask, whhat team was the one similar to this?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)