ORAS OU First RMT- Hyper Offensive OU No Mega Chess Themed Team

This is my first RMT, so I might be inexperienced with the customs of this forum.

Current Ratings on No Megas Ladder (still laddering): 1400 ELO 80 GXE
Although this team isn't meant to be used on the normal ladder, I have had limited success with it (1500s ELO on another alt).

Here is my team:

This a very Hyper Offensive team, by the way.

Pawn (Azelf) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt
- Explosion
- Ice Punch

Azelf is a classical suicide lead. In Gen 4, it was one of the top leads in OU. In Gen 6 however, it has lost some of its luster (due to Team Preview, perhaps?), and has fallen to UU. Still, I find Azelf highly useful; it is reliable in setting up hazards. Stealth rock is obligatory on this set, while Taunt shuts down opposing leads. Explosion is used to dent the opposing team after Stealth Rock has been set, and to gain momentum. Finally, Ice Punch is used for coverage.

Dark Square Bishop (Bisharp) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

This is a standard LO Bisharp set. I prefer fast pokemon, so I gave Bisharp 252 EVs in Speed, as well as a Jolly nature. Bisharp has Iron Head to kill fairy types, which this team struggles with. Sucker Punch and Knock Off are standard on Bisharp. Swords Dance is used to set up.

Knight (Keldeo) @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Scald
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Hidden Power [Flying]

In chess, the knight rules the closed position, where diagonals and files are blocked in by pawns. Similarly, Keldeo is most useful when the opposing team attempts to block in my sweepers with walls. Keldeo can defeat many (but not all) of the defensive Pokemon in OU (eg. Skarmory, Gliscor, ect.). Scald and Secret Sword are my two STAB moves. Scald also threatens to inflict a nasty burn, which makes certain pokemon (eg. Azumarill) afraid to switch in. Icy Wind is used to hit Lati@s on the switch, and HP Flying is used to hit Amoonguss while it switches in. I use Life Orb instead of Specs because I prefer having the ability to change moves on Keldeo.

Rook (Garchomp) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Fire Blast

The rook rules the endgame in chess, controlling huge swaths of territory. Like its counterpart in chess, Garchomp is also at its most useful when the game is near its end. When the opponent's walls have been weakened/knocked out, Choice Scarf Garchomp is an efficient cleaner. This is a standard ScarfChomp set. Outrage and Earthquake are my dual STABs. Stone Edge is used to hit flying types, and Fire Blast hits Skarmory, Scizor, and Ferrothorn, which may try to switch in.

King (Latios) (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fighting]

I choose the name "King" only because Latios is a male only species. Latios actually bears little resemblance to the king in chess. Unlike the chess king, Latios is fast and powerful. Draco Meteor and Psyshock are the two STAB moves. Thunderbolt is used to hit Azumarill for high damage, and HP Fighting is used to give common switch ins (eg. Bisharp, Tyranitar) a nasty surprise.

Light Square Bishop (Mienshao) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Reckless
Jolly Nature
- High Jump Kick
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Mienshao is an underrated pokemon. Scarf Reckless Mienshao is an efficient revenge killer and late game cleaner. High Jump Kick is obligatory on Mienshao, and Stone Edge is used to hit flying types (which resist High Jump Kick). Knock Off is used to give Ghost type switch ins a nasty surprise, and U-Turn helps gain momentum.

Last edited:
Hey man, your team looks good! I tried my hand at a hyper offence and it worked OK for some time. One of the mons I tested on it was Bisharp, but a different variant. I'm gonna give it you to as the first suggestion for your team. So you said you like fast poke'mon, but making something with base 70 jolly doesn't make it fast, rather faster, but it's still slow. Adamant is fine, especially with swords dance and priority sucker punch. Also, I'd recommend Pursuit > knock off. While Knock Off does a lot of damage, it's used more for it's utility, but in a game that typically lasts 15-20 turns, you don't really need to break through items like a balanced would, and you have it on your Mienshao anyway. What pursuit gives you is revenge killing as well as trapping Lati@s, T-tar, and any psychic mon like Alakazam, allowing you to switch in and guarantee the OHKO.

To be honest, with a scarfed Mienshao, you really don't need HP Fighting on Latios. There are far better coverage moves to run; Surf, Calm Mind, roost, even Defog if they set up a nasty SR on you too. I'd get rid of HP Fighting, as if you're not scoring the OHKO, they will with a pursuit/sucker punch/crunch, and with the prospect of them running pursuit, you really don't want to send your Lati into them. Also, IS HJK really mandatory on Mien? Sure, it has damage, but the chance to take 1/2 health as damage is frightening! Still, that might just be me and my aversion to harming my mons :p Consider Drain Punch > HJK if you ever get stuck/annoyed with the recoil damage.

That's really it for me. I'd recommend running Dragon Claw > Outrage on Chomp too, but, like with Mien, you've picked it for a reason and it's simply my aversion to using such moves. Still, good looking team!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)