ORAS OU The Sound of Victory (Peaked #1483)

The Sound of Victory
Introduction

Hi everyone, Smogon ! I am BerlinJump and I'm sorry if my english is bad, i'm french. This is the 1st RMT I post here. The team I want to propose you it's a team offensive.
Moving on, here's a team built around one of my favorite Pokemon, Mew. This pokémon has one of best coverage in OU.

Team Overview

Mew @ Expert Belt
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Mew is my lead. People simply cannot laugh at Mew due to its potential of being, well, anything. Certainly, people do not see the E-belt Mew much but it's a real threat due to its crazily wide movepool. I present to you, the anti-meta Mew. Earth Power for Bisharp Heatran Charizard X Manetric Magnezone Raikou, Fire Blast for Ferrothorn Serperior Skarmory Scizor Metagross Jirachi Excadrill Breloom Celebi, Energy Ball for Azumarill Rotom Keldeo Diancie Manaphy Slowbro Starmie, Ice Beam for Hippowdon Altaria Garchomp Landorus Latias Gliscor Zapdos Thundurus and Tornadus. Amazing coverage !!

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch

Dragonite is an great Pokemon. It has access to Priority, a splendid boosting move, and diverse movepool. Outrage is it's STAB move and allows it to hit hard off the bat if needed. Superpower gives it excellent coverage and a way to defeat the likes of Heatran and Ferrothorn. Extreme Speed is priority over priority, meaning it hits before Talonflames Brave Bird which could decide a match! It also allows it to efficiently clean up or take on frailer, faster threats.

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Excadrill have a very strong ability, Mold Breaker. It's my Spinner and a good one at that. With the Scarf he outpaces plenty of the Metagame. Earthquake is it's STAB option allowing it to hit grounded Pokemon hard. Rapid Spin lets me clear my field of Hazards, while not disposing my own. Iron Head is its other STAB option letting it wreck most Fairies, even netting some OHKO's. The Scarf also allows it to act as a Revenge Killer.

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

It acts solely as the Special Tank with AV. Possessing a powerful Mach Punch which is it's own Priority, Mach Punch, Drain Punch and Ice Punch is really powerful with Iron Fist. Drain Punch is its form of Recovery allowing it to heal off Status Damage. Ice Punch allows it to destroy Pokemon with the infamous Quad Weakness to it. Knock Off furthers it's utility allowing it to remove items. I can bluff Guts all of time.

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 216 HP / 220 Def / 64 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Magic Guard is just amazing ! Flamethrower is for Ferrothorn and Scizor. Moonblast keeps it safe from being Taunt Bait and allows it to wreck Dragons as well as Dark and Fighting types. Is my counter for Sableye. Heal Bell is for support the team (Burn in Dragonite, Conkeldurr or Scizor).

NEW MEMBER:

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Ferrothorn is here for support my team, it's a good tank and he can plant the stealth rock. He's here for put the pression in pokemon adverse with Leech Seed and T-Wave ! It's a really good investisment in this team !​

OLD MEMBER:

Scizor-Mega (M) @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Bug Bite
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
- Roost

Scizor is my Mega. Bullet Punch is my priority moove, with this distribution of EVs Scizor is bulky and I can OHKO Mega Diancie. Knock Off furthers it's utility allowing it to remove items. Roost is for the staying power and Superpower for Heatran, Ferrothorn and for OHKO Tyranitar.
Threat List

Gyarados or Mega Gyarados after a Dragon Dance is really dangerous for my team.

Manaphy after a Tail Glow.

Mega Slowbro is very dangerous for my team if Mew is dead.

Mega Venusaur is dangerous if my Dragonite is dead because Dragonite 2HKO Venusaur with Outrage.

Conclusions
I have a very good team with a good coverage and a very nice defensive coverage, i have only two weaknes in common, Fire and Fairy.

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-235903768 vs yop54

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-235911981 vs DarkingProd

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-236446016 vs lillino88

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/oususpecttest-236618817 vs iamnotanerd

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-237486116 vs Sociopathe

http://pokemonshowdown.com/replay/ou-237499680 vs Qwantum Fieldz

Importable
Mew @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam
- Thunderbolt

Dragonite (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Multiscale
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Thunder Punch

Excadrill (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Mold Breaker
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Rock Slide

Conkeldurr (M) @ Assault Vest
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 236 SpD / 20 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Ice Punch
- Knock Off
- Mach Punch

Clefable (F) @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 216 HP / 220 Def / 64 SpD / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Flamethrower
- Heal Bell
- Moonblast
- Moonlight

Ferrothorn (M) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Gyro Ball
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave

Sorry for my english and thank you listening and I hope you enjoyed :)

I wait your propositions !

Last edited:
Hey BerlinJump, interesting team you have there. As of now, you have no rocks on the team, I would propose you to give Clefable rocks or replace dragonite with Garchomp (I think this would be a better option) as it is an amazing mon on offense, giving you a switch in to alot of physical attackers, and it can also carry rocks.
Here's the set:
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 166 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Tail
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic/Fire blast
- Earthquake

With 96 speed you will always outspeed max speed jolly Bisharps, and also outspeed some Chomps that would be speed creeping too. Bulkychomp will give you something for Gyarados aswell, phazing it out if it tries to setup and it can take any it from it bar ice fang. And with toxic on it, it will hinder slowbro's ability to setup.

Adamant > jolly on scarf Excadrill, max speed adamant will outspeed stuff like mega Lopunny and Mega manectric, so i don't see the reason to run extra speed.

That's all! I hope I helped.

Last edited:
Yeah, I agree with Get this Money to change Clefable to Unaware, Manaphy is very scary for your team and it also gives you another check/counter to mega gyarados aswell.
Here's some calcs I did:
252+ Atk Mold Breaker Mega Gyarados Waterfall vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Clefable: 144-171 (36.5 - 43.4%) -- 99.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Manaphy Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 118-141 (29.9 - 35.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Manaphy Surf vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Clefable: 135-159 (34.2 - 40.3%) -- 40.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

These are the standard moves that do the most dmg to Clef, so it doesn't really fear anything from them.

Hi.

At first glance, as already someone has already pointed out, your team lacks Stealth Rock which are pretty mandatory for every team. You can give the to Clefable, or using Garchomp instead of Dragonite. Note that you have 0 Water-type resistor if you slap Garchomp instead of Dragonite if you make that change (you really don't want to give Keldeo 1 kill every time it comes in though), so I'd just use rocks on Clefable and leave that Dragonite on your team, that should also revenge-kill most part of the threats with Excadrill.

Then, I don't really like your Scizor set, it doesn't make much sense running 3 attacks + Roost imo, especially on a HO team. I guess you can just use a more offensive set of Sword Dance / BP / Superpower / Bug Bite with a much more offensive EV spread. It still allows you to check Diancie and to kill stuff like Heatran with a boosted Superpower but it also helps you against both Venusaur and Slowbro which as you said are some of the biggest threats for your team.

To solve a bit the Manaphy weakness you can use a moveset like Moonblast / Thunder Wave / Soft-boiled / SR on your Clefable as Thunder Wave lets you to cripple Manaphy so then you can revenge-kill it in a easier way. It also helps you a bit more against Gyarados, I don't think Flamethrower is really a must here since you can deal with Steel-type mons like Scizor and Ferrothorn already decently (maybe give Fire Punch instead of Thunder Punch on Dragonite.. it's only worthy against Azumarill but EQ already hits it for a good damage), so I'd try Thunder Wave on Clefable and see how it works on your team. That's all I got for now, gl with it! :)

Hi BerlinJump,

I have to say, I really like your Mew idea. It's funny that, for a mon with either one of, if not the, best movepools in the game, it often gets used as a stall/stallbreaker with fairly consistent choices. To see it used as a sweeper is refreshing!

I do think, though, that you can change some of the coverage on your Mew in order to better address some of your threatlist. The change on Mew has a bit of a knock on effect to the rest of the team due to the large amount of threats that Mew covers, but the integrity of the team remains pretty constant:

Slacked (Mew) @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Adding in Thunderbolt over Energy Ball allows you to continue checking Keldeo, Manaphy, etc. while also giving you a better option against Gyarados so it can't set up on you. Additionally, this gives you an additional check to Talonflame, who gives your team a bit of trouble otherwise. You lose out on Rotom-W coverage as well as Tyranitar, but honestly it's hardly a good idea to stay in on the latter, ever, anyway.

Following the change to Mew, I think we can revamp Scizor to more adequately address mons that give your team trouble. While Roost + 3 attacks is interesting, I think having a boosting set will make Scizor all the more dangerous. I actually dislike Superpower on your Scizor, as you have plenty of ways to deal with Heatran and Ferrothorn, the two mons which Superpower usually addresses. As such, I'd change to the following:

K2R (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Swords Dance gives you the ability to sweep late game. The bulky set is great for providing longevity and the ability to almost ensure a +2.

Finally, like above, I think switching Clefable to an Unaware set would be good for your team, as well as utilizing a Wish passing variant. This provides lasting longevity to CB Nite, as this is your main check to MVenusaur. MVenu will often switch into Clefable, while you can Wish and (essentially) pass into Dragonite for free. As things currently stand, you only have one switch into the MVenu's Sludge Bomb, which will do around 50% to Dragonite if he switches in on it if rocks are up. Obviously you can't have this, as the rest of your team is savaged by MVenusaur, so Wish support and intelligent switching is absolutely vital to beating this monster.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

My final thought would be to follow the advice above to add rocks to your team through Garchomp. However, I wouldn't change Dragonite necessarily, instead removing Conkeldurr. While this does accentuate an ice weakness, you shouldn't have a terrible time dealing with ice moves with Clefable and Scizor providing a good check to most of the more common ice type users in the tier (Manaphy, Kyurem-B, Weavile)

If you aren't a fan of having two dragons on the same team, it looks like SpDef Heatran can actually fit well for you. It actually gives an ice resist, as well you can definitely deal with fighting types with Clefable and Dragonite. Here's the set:

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Roar

Last edited:
Hi BerlinJump,

I have to say, I really like your Mew idea. It's funny that, for a mon with either one of, if not the, best movepools in the game, it often gets used as a stall/stallbreaker with fairly consistent choices. To see it used as a sweeper is refreshing!

I do think, though, that you can change some of the coverage on your Mew in order to better address some of your threatlist. The change on Mew has a bit of a knock on effect to the rest of the team due to the large amount of threats that Mew covers, but the integrity of the team remains pretty constant:

Slacked (Mew) @ Expert Belt
Timid Nature
- Earth Power
- Thunderbolt
- Fire Blast
- Ice Beam

Adding in Thunderbolt over Energy Ball allows you to continue checking Keldeo, Manaphy, etc. while also giving you a better option against Gyarados so it can't set up on you. Additionally, this gives you an additional check to Talonflame, who gives your team a bit of trouble otherwise. You lose out on Rotom-W coverage as well as Tyranitar, but honestly it's hardly a good idea to stay in on the latter, ever, anyway.

Following the change to Mew, I think we can revamp Scizor to more adequately address mons that give your team trouble. While Roost + 3 attacks is interesting, I think having a boosting set will make Scizor all the more dangerous. I actually dislike Superpower on your Scizor, as you have plenty of ways to deal with Heatran and Ferrothorn, the two mons which Superpower usually addresses. As such, I'd change to the following:

K2R (Scizor-Mega) (M) @ Scizorite
Impish Nature
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Roost

Swords Dance gives you the ability to sweep late game. The bulky set is great for providing longevity and the ability to almost ensure a +2.

Finally, like above, I think switching Clefable to an Unaware set would be good for your team, as well as utilizing a Wish passing variant. This provides lasting longevity to CB Nite, as this is your main check to MVenusaur. MVenu will often switch into Clefable, while you can Wish and (essentially) pass into Dragonite for free. As things currently stand, you only have one switch into the MVenu's Sludge Bomb, which will do around 50% to Dragonite if he switches in on it if rocks are up. Obviously you can't have this, as the rest of your team is savaged by MVenusaur, so Wish support and intelligent switching is absolutely vital to beating this monster.

Clefable @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Moonblast
- Wish
- Protect
- Heal Bell

My final thought would be to follow the advice above to add rocks to your team through Garchomp. However, I wouldn't change Dragonite necessarily, instead removing Conkeldurr. While this does accentuate an ice weakness, you shouldn't have a terrible time dealing with ice moves with Clefable and Scizor providing a good check to most of the more common ice type users in the tier (Manaphy, Kyurem-B, Weavile)
Cannot say I agree with the bolded sentiment. If anything, offensive ebelt mew is rising in usage as more people see its potential.
Also, that defensive set on Clefable makes you a bit weaker to voltturn. Maybe running the mixed set is better in this case.

Cannot say I agree with the bolded sentiment. If anything, offensive ebelt mew is rising in usage as more people see its potential.
Also, that defensive set on Clefable makes you a bit weaker to voltturn. Maybe running the mixed set is better in this case.
You are right in that offensive Mew is becoming more popular. I suppose I was thinking more of the XY and early ORAS meta where it was all stallbreaker, all the time :)

After a test:

Mew Thunderbolt > Energy Ball

I don't take Garchomp for my Dragonite.

Excadrill Adamant > Jolly

Clefable Unaware > Magic Guard and Moonlight > Soft-Boiled (I can't used Unaware/Soft-Boiled and I don't like Wish/Protect)

Mega-Scizor Bug Bite > Knock Off and I hesitate for Roost or Sword Dance ?

DennisEG

Civil Engineer
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hey man pretty gud sinergy on this team, and u have a check for most of the threats in the current metagame, I only think ur a little bit weak to sand offense and spedef talon but still can check this sacking some mons ofc or play around Exca.
  • I only have a few set suggestion for ur dragonite FirePunch > ThunderPunch, and EQ>Superpower, this is the perfect coverage a dragon need, hitting everything except fairies but u have already to mons for that.
  • Also i think Roost > Bug Bite is better on that Scizor ev spread, cuz recovery help u a lot against sand as well.
  • And last i think u should change Clefable like Get This money suggest.
hope i help u ma and gl

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)