The Everything NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
I picked SD over NE in the office pool today. :)

And thanks for the well wishes, I have good news! They brought Everett up out of sedation yesterday and he was slightly moving his arms and legs. They say the chances of him walking again have greatly improved, which is awesome. I will never cancel my season tickets, because I want to be in the stadium when he walks back out onto that field.

I was relieved to hear about Everett and his movements. I really do hope he can fully recover from this, but it's certain he won't be playing again. Not that that's a bad thing.

In other news, and I'm hoping Wikipedia is right, but I found out that Tony Gonzalez is Brazilian/African American/Cape Verdean/Italian American but also Peruvian. I found that quite interesting haha.

I wish Kyle Boller was actually good so I could call him Kyle BALLER. But he's not.

Also, it's hard to catch a 100 mph bullet pass (well, not 100 mph, but really insanely fast) from 5 yards out with a defender draped over you. I don't blame Todd Heap for dropping that ball. But yeah the first call was definitely lame. I know how it feels to get cheated by the refs: I'm from Seattle.

I wish Kyle Boller was actually good so I could call him Kyle BALLER. But he's not.

Also, it's hard to catch a 100 mph bullet pass (well, not 100 mph, but really insanely fast) from 5 yards out with a defender draped over you. I don't blame Todd Heap for dropping that ball. But yeah the first call was definitely lame. I know how it feels to get cheated by the refs: I'm from Seattle.
I dunno. He looked better than McNair did Monday night. But maybe it's because he didn't play much. I'm psyched about Everett myself, but we'll need Fairchild to come up with a game plan that actually exploits our offense's strengths if we're going to have a chance against Pittsburgh in their house. Y'know, our wide receivers are fast, so instead of running short curl routes where the CBs can smother our receivers, we should run slants and stuff, so, y'know, maybe they can run with the ball once and a while? And, since JP Losman has a strong arm, maybe we could take shots downfield? 'Cause that one time we did it(which was utterly stupid because it was 3rd&5 and we would've won if we got a 1st down, which should've been obvious at the time) Evans had Champ Bailey beat. If he can beat Champ Bailey, the comparative chumps that play for the Steelers ought to be a breeze for him...

Y'know, our wide receivers are fast, so instead of running short curl routes where the CBs can smother our receivers, we should run slants and stuff, so, y'know, maybe they can run with the ball once and a while? And, since JP Losman has a strong arm, maybe we could take shots downfield?
Sounds like a pretty good plan. However, remember that a lot of the curl routes run during the game are merely setup for a deep bomb later in the game. Run a few curl routes early, then in the 4th quarter when the DBs think you're going to curl, fake the curl and then go deep. Hopefully the DBs bite and boom, JP Losman lobs it deep for a TD. Same setup goes for the out-and-up. Run a whole bunch of outs, then later switch it to out-and-up.

Evans had Champ Bailey beat. If he can beat Champ Bailey, the comparative chumps that play for the Steelers ought to be a breeze for him...
I heard somewhere that last year Champ Bailey only had seven receptions completed against him... must have been some misquoted statistic or something. But yeah, Evans does have breakaway speed so it should be an interesting matchup. Bummer that Eric Moulds isn't in Buffalo anymore, they would have been a great duo, like Moulds and Peerless Price were that one year. I guess Price came back to Buffalo but I don't know how good he is now.

Okay my latest Fantasy Draft after Week 1:

QB: Ben Roethlisberger
QB: Matt Hasselbeck
WR: Steve Smith
WR: Randy Moss
WR: Andre Johnson
WR: Vincent Jackson
WR: Santonio Holmes
RB: Frank Gore
RB: Adrian Peterson
RB: Chris Brown
RB: Derrick Ward
TE: Dallas Clark
K: Stephen Gostkowski
DEF: Minnesota
DEF: Denver

10 Man League I had 7th pick. Standard Scoring.

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I wonder if the Jets strategy this season is to accuse every team that spanks them of cheating, causing them to lose 750G's and two draft picks.

As for me, I know the New England Patriots will see you all in the Playoffs. Again.

I wonder if the Jets strategy this season is to accuse every team that spanks them of cheating, causing them to lose 750G's and two draft picks.

As for me, I know the New England Patriots will see you all in the Playoffs. Again.
Well since you're so confident that the Pats will make the playoffs again (and you should be, especially after week 1), you should have realized that they only lose their 1st round pick if they make it to the playoffs, and their 2nd and 3rd if they don't (yeah right). Also, I thought it was pretty obvious that the Patriots were CAUGHT cheating, not just accused?

Deck Knight

Blast Off At The Speed Of Light! That's Right!
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Well since you're so confident that the Pats will make the playoffs again (and you should be, especially after week 1), you should have realized that they only lose their 1st round pick if they make it to the playoffs, and their 2nd and 3rd if they don't (yeah right). Also, I thought it was pretty obvious that the Patriots were CAUGHT cheating, not just accused?
The Patriots have never needed to cheat before, and if they did it was a ridiculous and unneccesary move.

I base my confidence in the Patriots going to the playoffs not only because they're my home team, but because they've done it every year for the past 4 years and none of their major players and strategic influences have changed. Even if Tom Brady takes some time off, the Patriots will be able to compensate. Most descriptions of the Patriots are along the lines that they are the best at nothing but great at everything.

The biggest joke about this whole thing is how taking away a teams first round pick would suck a lot. But the Pats get the 49ers first round pick anyway which is going to be a lot better than there own first round pick.

Also did anyone catch the press confrensee Belichick never apoligized to the fans or anyone other than his team for being a distraction. He still doesn't think that what he did was wrong. He had a smug look on his face and just kept saying. The past is the past our team has to look foward to the Chargers. Belichick's a badass.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Badass? He's a fucking cheater, and he doesn't even feel sorry about it. He's an arrogant prick.

Since I live in Massachusetts, this is pretty much what everyone is talking about. Eric Mangini used to be on the Patriots coaching staff, so he obviously knew something was up, but why didn't he say anything earlier? If they have been doing that for 4 years why would he let it go until now?

I think that this was the first game they have done it, and even if Mangini didn't know, there is no way you can just have someone on the sideline who is doing that and not get caught for 4 years.

Also, if they have been doing this they could have just had a guy in the crowd doing it for them.

I had something else but I forgot. I'm not saying that they didn't do this because I know they got caught, but I just don't understand why they would do some of the things they did.

Badass? He's a fucking cheater, and he doesn't even feel sorry about it. He's an arrogant prick.
I agree that he is an arrogant prick but that is just what makes him a badass. He is so over the top cocky that i can't hate him. Because if NE keeps winning and by the way they look they still will, you know his head isn't going to get any smaller anytime soon.

Also this isn't something that is coming out of the blue. Teams have been accusing Belichick of doing this for a while the jets are just team to catch him.

panthers suck ass. The only good news from today is that the saints (or should i say the aints, lost again) atlanta also lost, so the south has two 1-1 teams and 2 0-2 teams.

not terrible i suppose...

It is really hilarious to see the AFC South standing as such:

Indy 2-0
Houston 2-0
Tennessee 1-1
Jacksonville 1-1

I would have sworn Houston would have had another 6-10 season, and it also shows how much the NFC truly blows.

49ers again win without a passing game. How long will this continue. Hint; NOT LONG. Alex Smith, please find yourself, kthx.

DM

Ce soir, on va danser.
How 'bout those Bills.

Yeah, they suck cock.

And I'm happy for the Texans, for the past 2 years since I saw them play against Buffalo in the 2005 season opener I've said that they were the most talented shitty team in the whole league. They had all the weapons but no o-line, and now that they've worked on that they are going to be a force this year.

It is really hilarious to see the AFC South standing as such:

Indy 2-0
Houston 2-0
Tennessee 1-1
Jacksonville 1-1

I would have sworn Houston would have had another 6-10 season, and it also shows how much the NFC truly blows.
NFC does blow, but Carolina and Kansas City aren't exactly pushovers. Texans got a lot better. Although the best they can probably go is maybe 8-8. It'd be nice if they proved me wrong though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)