Monotype Premier League [Congrats Ambitious Altarias!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
At least I didn't make a joke out of the final but whatever :^)
At least I have a personal opinion and I don't just do things to look good for others :^]
At least I did not spend a month being a dickrider and doing favors to be voiced on a pokemon simulator :^]
At least I'm not a snitch and a hypocrite :^]
At least I can take a joke and not act like a girl on her period 24/7 :^]
B-BUT, WHATEVER!!1!

At least I have a personal opinion and I don't just do things to look good for others :^]
At least I did not spend a month being a dickrider and doing favors to be voiced on a pokemon simulator :^]
B-BUT, WHATEVER!!1!
Calm down there Ashy. Arifeen might incite you, but it's all g. Besides it's all just a game.

Time to a long list of shoutouts!

I'd like to start that I'm very proud of every single one of you, and that we couldn't have gotten here without you. If I could, I'd throw away all of my money next year just to retain everyone. (But then Dirpz would try and take advantage of it) Anyways onto individual shout outs (In alphabetical order)

Anttya 3-2, so bad, can't even compare to the rest of the team

Best Battle: I mean, all of it was hax or good matchups. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/stabmons-229583695 (Not even skill, just spamming Head Smash)

floe (AquaS0und) 5-1, You're simply amazing fren, you are really fun to work and test with and you're an great player with tons of innovation. (Only if DM brought Normal week one, he would've been destroyed by your Ghost Sub CM Keldeo) Also, I need to say that you're the world's best Water user replacement, and that every cent was worth it :)

Best battle: http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-238112196 (Ground Monothreat - Aqua vs Sae)

CrazyClown94 (CC) 2-1, 3 no decisions, not bad. (Although you would've won 2 of those ez) I blame you for getting people who aren't in the same timezone as you :\\\\ Haha jk, anyways, you were a late joiner although you didn't deserve that with your skills. You were insanely cocky throughout, and with good reason. I still find it funny that your reasoning for forfeiting against Ash was "%CrazyClown94:The other team needed a fair chance" and "We would've won anyways." Turns out you were right, but the whole team would've helped me kill you if we lost 4-3 :(

Best battle: It was definitely the Ice monothreat vs Azian, but guess what, someone forgot to save it COUGH COUGH CC COUGH COUGH oh well, I guess this OP Diggersby team will have to do :(

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/hiddentype-231150524 (Hidden Type - CC vs Illusio)

Cell 1-1, To me, you're the Ground user who can click EQ the fastest. Like CC, you didn't deserve to be drafted this late and you showed me how good you are when you beat Balto. (When we could've lost that game if Scorp was playing ;) I hope I can draft you again next year, I'm sure you'll find a way to make yourself OP and broken if Smooth Rock gets banned.

Best Battle - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-230962271 (ORAS - Cell vs Balto #Failed C-team)

iLight 4-2, Chances are, you're never going to see this since you never go past the first page and you lost your Smogon password but you were worth it. I knew I can rely on you to clutch and win when it matters most, and you did despite being haxed constantly. Also, props to you for sticking with Psychic throughout even though I was nagging you not to, and you showed everyone how OP you are by beating all of those c-teams.

Best Battle - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nimbus-oumonotyperegular-11635 (ORAS - Light vs Ashuary #C-team)

Kyo004 3-2, Thank you for being so flexible. You were always willing to learn and play the OMs and Monothreats, and you were really good at them. It was also really fun to teambuild with you since you were always to trying, and you were willing to spend the time to build the best team. When I bought you for 4000, it was a total steal, if people knew how good you were at OMs, Monothreat, and BW you'd go for wayyy higher but I'm glad you didn't. (Also, grats on E4! Well deserved)

Best Battle - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen5ou-229182107 (BW - Kyo vs TraceofLife RC)

Mega Ridley 5-1, 6-0 in my book, When I first bought you, I didn't know you too well, but you turned out to be a really fun guy to test and teambuild with. You had an amazing attitude, and you were always willing to try as well. A solid player in whatever tier you did as well, but the best part is that 4000 price tag. Tbh, the other teams were doomed when they let me steal you. (Props to Kaiser who mentioned how good you were in the AM chat months ago)

Best Battle - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/nimbus-monotype-1619 (ORAS - Ridley vs Bush. Granted it wasn't the battle with the most plays, but I laugh everytime I see this)

zulkaz (AM Vid) 3-4, You should've had a muchhhh better w/l, but the hax and chokes were too strong :[ However, your wins have clutched us the beginning weeks so w/o you we might've not even gotten to semis! It was also really fun trying to predict our opponent's types and making an "appropriate" team except nubs like Barida brought the random Water instead of the predicted Ground. (Come on, you were the Ground champ of Mangolia... and Flying got you bopped) You also did really good in the monothreats, and you were a great person to be around with ^^ (I think you were on my team for pretty much everything I've done lol, North too but Dow had to steal him from me)

Best Battle - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/monotype-229536842 (Water Monothreat - Vid vs En4cer)

Zarif 3-2, First of all, I'd like to compare this w/l to our good friend Omnia's 1-2. If anything, Omega overbidded on Omnia and I got a sweet deal when I bought Zarif. I enjoyed teambuilding with you, and you showed me how good the team was by winning your matches. Trying to predict our opponent's types was fun as well, and I really liked the fact you could've implemented something fun in your teams every time you played. #ToxicHealReuniclus

Best Battle - http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/almostanyability-231737830 (AAA - Zarif vs Laxuy)

Other shoutouts

Freeroamer - I really enjoyed going up against you both times, both of our teams played their best and it was really fun to watch.

Sae Sae - For being a prisioner of war, although I got a nice replacement

Dirpz - For trying to overbid me in the auction

Godchef - For helping me prepare, and being the perfect cheerleader

Bondie - For asking me to test them in Hidden Type daily

scpinion - For hosting this and for saying that I'd lose :^]

And a lot of other people who helped me and my team get here <3

Stay Ambitious guys! Lets win again next year~

Last edited:
B-BUT, WHATEVER!!1!
That's really mature Ash.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Grats to the Altaria's, even after all the shitty stuff that happened during this final you were probably the most deserving guys so well done :)

This was a very enjoyable first MPL for me personally, there were a couple of little things that I felt could've been done better but as first attempts go it was a blast, see you all next time~

Welp guess its my turn for the S/o although im not making one as long as Ant's

Anttya for being the best manager of all time!! You always kept a positive vibe and encouraged me in all these OM's i was learning for the first time (glad i picked them up pretty quickly for the most part). Thanks for all of the teambuilding help, literal genius! Also, thanks for drafting me. Nobody really knows me and you took a chance on me and i will always appreciate that. Can't forget the hax, always appreciative of the hax!

floe and zulkaz i have to thank you both for all the teambuilding help! Especially help with testing my teams for practicing.

Mega Ridley iLight and Cell i didnt have much contact with you guys but you were all so clutch for the team. Ridley you were a steal and Light the constant cteam and still winning was godlike.

Zarif you were my partner in crime. Always discussing your matches and mpl in general. Always been a good friend. Dont worry bout those L's Steel is broken in every game mode Lol

CrazyClown94 at least you apologized.... other than the championship, thanks for being apart of the team. you have been a good teammate.

Stay Ambitious guys!!!!

Also special S/o to Rumor and i quote "SS won't save you here".... For the people who know me in Mpl i have been known as the Swift Swim guy. Your comment inspired me throughout mpl. I didnt use SS or water for that matter and i was still pretty successful but i digress.

Sabella

formerly Booty
is a Tournament Directoris a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Past WCoP Champion
Gratz altarias i have to say drama aside this was so much fun and was great for the monotype tier. I had a ton of fun playing in mpl my fav and probably toughest matchup being agains ridley that was such an enjoyable game to play fren. Thanks to all the lucarios giving it their all every week making it that much morw fun to watch, root and ghost=p jkjk from the sidelines This is something i hope will be carried on for the future and if im lucky enough i hope to be a part of it next year. Gratz to altarias and to everyone who got picked and participated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)