Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Superpower
The first mon of the team, and the namesake. M-Scizor is awesome because of it's amazing bulk and ability to set up on a lot of physical walls. Scizor supports the team well as it is able to switch in to Weavile's attacks, scare it out, and roost off the damage. Scizor can smash through walls that scare out Bish, and Talon such as Hippowdown and Lando-T. Defensive Garchomp, however, might be an issue. Superpower allows Scizor to smack opposing steal type though Heatran poses a problem. Running slightly more speed to outrun defensive Tran or just paralyzing it are the only situations where trying to Superpower Heatran are a good idea.

Hilda (Bisharp) (F) @ Lum Berry
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
The second sweeper as well as the secondary fairy type check. With Lum Berry Bisharp can obsorb status and start to set up. Bisharp provides a priority to hit things like Metagross and Excadrill. Also due to it's typing Bisharp can pressure Latias to not Defog which benefits the team. Bisharp can also check Tyranitar who completely walls Talon. Bisharp isn't exactly bulky and has tough time taking down phsyicall walls even after a Swords Dance. Bisharp should be played carefully and not just thrown into Dracos and such as the Lum set is pretty frail, but has an easy time cleaning up if you are able to ware down the opposing team.

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Swords Dance
- Roost
Talonflame helps Bisharp against Keldeo and can set up on pretty easily and run through teams. Sharp Beak is for the extra power to take down Azumaril after a Belly Drum and Charizard-X after rocks. Talonflame provides a solid priority for the team and can get rid of threats that hinder Scizor and Bisharp. With Brave Bird however, maintaining hazard control is necessary as Talonflame get easily whittle itself down. Most strong phsical walls easily threaten Talonflame out with Stone Edge. If Talonflame isnt the win con for a specific game it may be smart to play Talonflame as a suicide sweeper in order to weaken threats and benefit the team.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock
The defogger of the team. Latias is nice because of it's ability to come in on Keldeo and scare it out. The team also appreciates Latias's ability to switch-in to Charizard-Y who can completely wreck this team. A bulkier spread was suggested to me to help improve it's ability to check special attackers as well as take a +3 Ice Beam from Manaphy. Bulky Latias provides Talonflame with a solid Defog, but needs to be played carefully around teams with Bisharp as +2 Bisharp 6-0 clean.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 28 HP / 252 SpA / 228 Spe
Timid Nature
- Overheat
- Flash Cannon
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
Scarf Tran is on this team to check bird spam. Scarf Tran can easily take care of Talonflame with a Stone Edge. Tran can also severely weaken defensive walls which will benefit the three sweepers. Earth Power is to be able to smack Heatran if it wants to come in and Flash Cannon checks Clefable. Heatran is great because it can switch-in on most fairy types and threaten them out. Heatran's ability to scare out bulky grass types and demolish a team's core with Overheats is what makes scarf Heatran great for the team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
Ferrothorn is a reliable hazard setter as well as the fourth steel type on the team. Ferro proves a switch into Azumaril and Gyarados two water types that really threaten the team. Power Whip over Gyro Ball as this team already has enough Fairy checks, plus having something to hit Mega Gyarados is helpful. Leech Seed is for wearing down Lando-T, Defensive Chomp and other walls that hinder the team. The lack of pivoting slows this team down a bit, but Ferrothorn's ability to handle physical water types that can potentially 6-0 me is a bit more necessary.

Summary: A team that I made pretty recently. I'd appreciate it if you take the time and leave a suggestion. A few weaknesses that I see are Defensive Chomp and Rotom-W two mons that really annoy this team.

Last edited:
This team looks great the problem that i see is that bulky waters and in general scald users are a problem for you so something like magma storm + solar beam heatran not only removes waters but now u have a reliable trapper also now u can use SD landorus T or scarf lando to revenge kill birds.

This team looks great the problem that i see is that bulky waters and in general scald users are a problem for you so something like magma storm + solar beam heatran not only removes waters but now u have a reliable trapper also now u can use SD landorus T or scarf lando to revenge kill birds.
I see your point, but bulky water types aren't too common in OU. Making Lando-T scarfed/SD means that the team won't have a way of setting rocks as Solar Beam Heatran generally doesn't run Stealth Rocks. That means no hazards which is something the team needs.
Latias is the team's switch-in to most water types. Although, things like bulky Reflect Type Starmie can be an issue but, Latias can easily check that set since bulky Starmie doesn't run Ice Beam. Bisharp can check any other Starmie variant.
However, Tail Glow Manaphy is a huge issue for the team which is something you brought to my attention. I don't think Solar Beam Heatran is the answer to that though, but I appreciate the suggestion.

Gimmick

Electric potential
Hey there!

bulky sd m-scizor, jolly lum sd sharp, acrobat tflame, defog dual stab latias, scarftran, def lando-t

So first glance at your team, it's mono red/orange you have a huge weakness to Water types, both defensive and offensive. Latias is the only thing stopping you from getting 6-0'd by Azumarill, Manaphy, and Keldeo but it doesn't even have Roost. Gyarados can run through the team with just one boost and Slowbro is only scared of Bisharp and Latios since Scizor lacks Knock Off and Bug Bite. Like you said, Rotom-W is very difficult to take down as well and there's nothing stopping it from clicking Hydro Pump every turn one Latias goes down. Although rare, rain teams can just send out any rain sweeper (Kingdra, Swampert, Kabutops) and mindlessly click a Water move to get a kill. Mega Manectric is also a problem, but not as much as waters since you can play around HP Ice/Fire move with ScarfTran.

In this post, I'm mainly going to address the Water problem since it's just so... glaring. I like Latias on this team since it provides both hazard control for Talonflame and an answer to Waters, but your set won't last long at all. LO Latias without Roost dies very quickly, especially because it's Pursuit weak. So I'm going to make 2 suggestions with your SD Scizor/Bisharp/Talonflame core in mind. Firstly, I feel like a bulky Leftovers Latias would suit this team well. Before I go further, this is the set I have in mind:
Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SpD / 28 Spe
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Roost
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

I had trouble deciding between physical investment or special investment, but I decided on special to live a +3 Ice Beam from Manaphy and just generally check more things that Latias switches into. Speed outspeeds Jolly Breloom.
I don't know how effective this set might be in practice, but the surprise Thunder Wave support can greatly enhance Bisharp and Scizor's ability to sweep opposing teams by slowing them down. Heatran, for example, loves switching in on Latias, so you can nab a TWave on a lot of checks to your SD core. This Latias has much better longevity which helps tremendously against Water types which can otherwise just spam Scald and fish for burns. I think the longevity of Latias is much better for your team than immediate power from a LO Draco Meteor. Also, I don't think you'll miss Healing Wish too much considering two of your SD sweepers have recovery and the other has a Lum Berry.

While this does help with pretty much every special attacking Water, Azumarill and (M-)Gyarados are still huge threats. The problem with them is that they resist Scizor and Bisharp's priority while Talonflame is no-item Acrobatics, so it's kinda weak. I feel like I've been doing this a lot lately, but I think Sharp Beak + Brave Bird on Talonflame helps a ton as it does significantly more damage and revenge kills the things that seriously trouble your team. For example:

252+ Atk Talonflame Acrobatics (110 BP) vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 174-205 (47.8 - 56.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252+ Atk Sharp Beak Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 92 HP / 0 Def Azumarill: 228-268 (62.6 - 73.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Assuming Azumarill switches into SR and Belly Drums without taking any other damage (easily done by threatening out Heatran or Latias or something), it would end up at 63%, which Sharp Break + Brave Bird has a really good chance to do. So as long as you keep Talonflame alive, Azumarill can't really sweep you. It's difficult to fix some problems without changing the feel of the team you created, so I think I'll stop there. I really wanted to fit a M-Venusaur and Manaphy on here, but the team would change completely.

EDIT: Regular Gyarados can be paralyzed with Latias while Mega Gyarados falls to Superpower from Def Scizor, so I didn't feel the need to suggest an entire replacement for it.

EDIT 2: It makes you weaker to Charizard X, but Ferrothorn over Landorus-T provides another key water resistance as well as checks a lot of the problematic threats like Azumarill and Gyarados. You still maintain Stealth Rock support and Ferrothorn lasts longer as a blanket check thanks to Leech Seed recovery. It's an okay switch into opposing Landorus-T and Excadrill and still functions as a pretty decent pivot thanks to Leech Seed forcing things out.
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Stealth Rock
- Power Whip
If you decide on Ferrothorn, I would go Adamant > Jolly on Bisharp to be able to 2HKO Charizard X with the combination of Sucker Punch and Brave Bird.

Anyway, I hope these suggestions weren't too unsatisfactory; good luck!

Last edited:
Anyway, I hope these suggestions weren't too unsatisfactory; good luck![/quote]

I like the idea of making Latias more bulky to take on opposing special water types that this team has trouble with. Thunder Wave is especially nice to hit things like Heatran as fast Heatran can really threaten the team.
A more offensive spread on Talonflame sounds like it'd be more effective, against taking down threats before they sweep me, but loses his ability to taunt and set up. Though I think the extra power might be more worth it.
Honestly, Ferrothorn was something I was considering but Charizard-X is such a looming problem, but I think the team has enough priority to deal with it. Ferrothorn provides a switch in to Azu who would otherwise punch holes through the team.
I like these suggestions, it makes the team seem more solid and lessens the weakens it previously had. Though Hp fire Manaphy still scares the crap out of me xD

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)