dear everyone

Stratos

Banned deucer.
CM cress is a good mon but that doesnt mean you can just set it up turn 1 when ur opponent still has all their counters intact. like, if they have a full health kangaskhan, or an aegislash, or a wisp user, or perish trap, or all of the above, and u just start CMing then i start to cross my fingers and hope u lose every match forever

ps if you see a cm cress burn that shit asap

examples of setting up a cm cress too early:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-67404
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-238529930

examples of getting fucked cuz u didnt burn the cm cress when u could:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/smogtours-doublesou-64997

i've been looking for a physical equivalent to cm cress to be annoying af to landog kanga and diancie
tfw none that arent completely fucked by landog and diancie

Checkmater

It’s just us kittens left, and the rain is coming
is a Tiering Contributor
Stratos, I'm horribly sorry that you're leaving us. I hope that you find great success in whatever tier you decide to go to. You will be missed ;(

Anyways you're probably calling me out cuz I cm'ed my cress when bisharp was still alive in my practice match vs clius but I had answers for bisharp and it couldn't kill past my recovery so I thought it was fine to start cm'ing.

ps if you see a cm cress burn that shit asap
Because your Rotom-W is definitely going to beat a Cress with Calm Mind

And that is why you should have Scizor and Tyranitar physical attackers on your team, everyone. But I mean hey if you set up in front of Bisharp kudos to you; you are obviously a master at losing matches.

Why there is an entire thread sitting here for one of 200+ mistakes newer players tend to make confuses me :/

kamikaze

The King Of Games
is a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Because your Rotom-W is definitely going to beat a Cress with Calm Mind

And that is why you should have Scizor and Tyranitar physical attackers on your team, everyone. But I mean hey if you set up in front of Bisharp kudos to you; you are obviously a master at losing matches.

Why there is an entire thread sitting here for one of 200+ mistakes newer players tend to make confuses me :/
One thing to note about this issue of people setting up CM cress prematurely is that this is a big mistake that even a lot of strong players tend to make, even during some of the high-level matches like seasonals.

There is a huge conception within some of the doubles community that their CM Cresselia is unbreakable and it just "wins at team preview", so they just get high on that mentality and immediately start setting up on the first turn that their Cress is out on the field. This often leads to terrible situations where people setup with the autopilot mentality, not taking into account that the opponent still has threats to it on their team.

Nothing usually just wins at team preview unless you establish the proper win condition. There are so many factors involved in doubles, particularly in terms of getting one of your pokemon in on a matchup against specific pokemon, in order to actually get value off it that it may not get otherwise.

With Cresselia being one of the few setup sweepers in the doubles meta-game, it is just something a lot of people are not used to and need more practice with, as setup sweepers can be harder to use in doubles than in singles.

As for the making an entire thread thing, I dont know if this merited an entire thread other than simply raising awareness but I think one thing that can be done is updating the usage tips a lot more on the smogdex for this pokemon and trying to get more people to read it.
http://www.smogon.com/dex/xy/pokemon/cresselia/doubles/

Last edited:
You can use Calm Mind as a Follow Me replacement though, works nearly as well as Substitute ...Sub Toxic Stall Break Cresselia will be the next hype ;)

dammit I knew when I saw this thread that game would be linked I'm well aware that I played that terribly but let me just say in my defense that I was something like three days out of practice or something ludicrous I promise I'm not this bad all the time asdfghjkl

Gotta love it when people completely ignore the fact that you just made a subtle joke and instead go over the top with slapstick "memeing" to outline a joke that you already made to reel in like 40 likes. smh

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)