Tournament PSPL III: Quarterfinals

Status
Not open for further replies.

art by Blue Frog

Welcome to the quarterfinals of the Pokemon Showdown Premier League III! The top two from each group has advanced to the playoffs. From here, the matches will be conducted in knockout format until a winner is decided in the finals, with the succession being top 16 -> quarterfinals -> semifinals -> finals. Defending champ Italiano remains standing strong; will their streak continue?

The below should be strictly adhered to and read over, ESPECIALLY if you are new to forum tournaments:
  • Sportsmanship: don't be an ass. Not to your opponents, not to your team, not on PS, not on Smogon, not to me. The punishment for this could be a server ban (which means an instant loss for you), forum infraction, or disqualification. Think before you type, please.
  • Activity wins and scheduling: Contact your opponent as quickly as possible on their Smogon wall, and look out for them on PS too. Unfortunately, I'll have to make some activity calls - I'll be making these based on activity posts (make these detailed, please, and explain why you deserve an activity win) and VM conversations, so be active and schedule as early as you can with your opponent. Use VMs and you will be fine. No extensions, sorry. If they lack a Smogon account, be vigilant as far as contacting them on PS goes.
  • Disconnections and timer: a timer loss is a loss. No ifs, no buts. If you disconnect and your opponent's nice enough to replay that's fine, but they're free to take the win.
  • Ghosting and identity: don't take or give battle advice or make moves based on the suggestions of others, and don't pretend to be someone else in order to play as them. You will be caught and you will be disqualified. Don't be silly.
  • Substitutions: managers, you're free to sub in players for inactive ones at any stage. Subs are taken from the lineups that were sent to me and Spydreigon, and can include any managers if necessary. I'll accept substitutions from the manager and any roomowner.

Matchups

Ubers (3) VS Portuges (4)

Ubers: Mr.378 VS Zxut
OU: Facts VS Brazilian Army
DOU: Haruno VS AccidentalGenius
UU: Lord Outrage VS WhiteQueen
RU: Aurora VS zdrup15
NU: Fireburn VS Ren-chon
LC: absdaddy VS Golden Freddy's

Italiano (4) VS Neverused (3)

Ubers: Safes VS innovamania
OU: silver97 VS Zebraiken
DOU: Tricking VS shaian
UU: Decision Makers VS QueenOfLuvdiscs
RU: fran17 VS Kiyo
NU: vakatalesau VS Finchinator
LC: trev VS Raseri

Trivia + Social Media + The Studio (2) VS Espanol (3)

Ubers: Luxuryball13 VS New Attitude
OU: Always! VS ZaelTX
DOU: Timbuktu VS NocturOP
UU: TheTrueLegendary VS ImSNT
RU: phil VS Shockblade Kongou
NU: tennisace VS Lolazo
LC: Zodiax VS Sken

Underused (2) VS Rarelyused (5)

Ubers: DMT VS Schaff
OU: dodmen VS lighthouses
DOU: North VS aoemica
UU: Yifeng VS atomicllamas
RU: Arifeen VS EonX
NU: NV VS migzoo
LC: YABO VS thecrystalonix

If any lineups are incorrect I will allow 24 hours for substitutes to be made.

Good luck - the deadline is 6PM EST, June 29.

Last edited:

Tricking

MALDINI
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnuswon the 6th Official Ladder Tournamentwon the 7th Official Ladder Tournamentis a Two-Time Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
World Defender
lost due to a Rock Slide miss, but that's the game.

gg Shaian, you can still do it, guys

Hey, my opp Christo The Gr8 played with team challengues last week against our team, is he allowed to play for another team? I'll contact as soon as I know if this is allowed or not.

Have fun Trivia + Social Media + The Studio.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)