(Little) Things that annoy you in Pokémon

Legitimate grievance that I've had forever, but DHR's right. You can't nickname Pokemon that you didn't catch yourself, period.

One thing that's bugged me: if Professor Oak is this massive authority on Pokemon, why is his lab in the quaint, tiny little hamlet of Pallet and not in Celadon or something? Ditto most of the others.

Legitimate grievance that I've had forever, but DHR's right. You can't nickname Pokemon that you didn't catch yourself, period.

One thing that's bugged me: if Professor Oak is this massive authority on Pokemon, why is his lab in the quaint, tiny little hamlet of Pallet and not in Celadon or something? Ditto most of the others.
Probably is more serene for the Pokémon?

I'm not even sure under what circumstances that would even happen. You do clear the hideout before facing Tate and Liza, no? (It does suck if you don't know that's where the Master Ball is and you decide to go item-hunting a bit later, only to find the entrance sealed.)

I'm not even sure under what circumstances that would even happen. You do clear the hideout before facing Tate and Liza, no? (It does suck if you don't know that's where the Master Ball is and you decide to go item-hunting a bit later, only to find the entrance sealed.)
On a first playthrough most people won't know the Masterball is there without a guide or a tip, and even then, the Ball is in a rather out of the way location, compared to every game giving it to you if not in a cutscene, then with prompting (Silph Co., Elm's Call, etc.)

On a first playthrough most people won't know the Masterball is there without a guide or a tip, and even then, the Ball is in a rather out of the way location, compared to every game giving it to you if not in a cutscene, then with prompting (Silph Co., Elm's Call, etc.)
Actually, I think I remember a grunt mentioning needing to go guard the Master Ball or get chewed out by their boss, though I can't recall how far in the hideout you'd face this grunt.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
It's pretty easy to miss in the original games for sure... It's in a room which is out of the way, and you have no real reason to go there unless you're really anal about going to all the rooms in the base. I know my brother missed it, and I've nearly missed it before a friend said "Did you pick it up?" right as I was on the way to Mossdeep... Close call there.

Madoka from Madoka Magica.

Anyways, the fact that they can't let you nickname pokemon that you got from someone else. I can understand if that pokemon already has a nickname, that makes sense, but "Greninja's name is perfect and it doesn't need to change"? Really? That's not even a fucking name, it's like calling everyone here "Human".
As an Asian, I can tell you that it is considered rude to change or give away stuff that was given to you by somebody else. The game designers, probably Japanese themselves, should also be aware of this fact and imposed this rule on everyone.

You can't nickname Pokemon which were not caught by you...
Well... you can if the person who caught/hatched them had the same Trainer ID, secret ID and player name as you, then you can... but that is extremely unlikely to happen unless you RNG'd (which you can't do in Gen6) it or hacked.

Beats the shit with Rayquaza.

"Caught Rayquaza and think he might have good stats? Have fun with the Zinnia battle, 10 minute cutscene and Deoxys battle before you get to the checker. Hope that speed wasn't a 30."
I precalced the stats for the Rayquaza I wanted and when I started the battle with Zinnia, I would check the status screen and see if it had those stats at least. If it was, I'd go on. If it wasn't, I'd reset. I did the same with Reshiram, Zekrom, Xerneas, and Yveltal.

Pretty much, the problem comes that I could easily get a nature that decreases the wrong stat. Something like Hasty over Jolly

Well... you can if the person who caught/hatched them had the same Trainer ID, secret ID and player name as you, then you can... but that is extremely unlikely to happen unless you RNG'd (which you can't do in Gen6) it or hacked.
Apparently there's something like a 1 in 4,294,967,296 chance that all three values (trainer name, ID number, and secret ID) match. If that happens, you can trade without being outsiders.

I had the "bright" idea to start breeding this Combee I got, and start a proper 5IV project. Eventually, it took so damn long to get a female to continue to the next step, I decided to use the other breeding center, and start IV breeding this Rattata I also got in a Wonder Trade.

Now watch as it takes forever for me to get a female Combee with the right IVs. I should've made a Vespiquen in Pokedit while I had the chance.

These may have been said already, but I hate the fact that I don't see a move's animation when it misses. Or when a protecting move is used.

I remember how upsetting it is when your move missed in Stadium 1 and 2 because they DID show the animation when the move missed but you didn't find out until the very end that that happened.
Hmm. Would be cool to see a mon actually being protected against a move though.

Hmm. Would be cool to see a mon actually being protected against a move though.
Obviously you also never learned to hate protect like I did as well from Stadium 2. Stupid Team Rocket in Gym Leader Castle ALWAYS protecting on every single Pokemon every 2 out of 3 turns. That damn Drowzee. It and the Elite Four were the only times I used rental Pokemon.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)