XY OU Rate my first OU team please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, I'm quite new in the competitive world of Pokémon and I've created my first OU team. I would like you to rate my team and tell me how to improve it. Thanks a lot.

Ferrothorn @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Iron Barbs
Evs: 252 HP/ 88 Def/ 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
-Stealth Rock
-Leech Seed
-Gyro Ball
-Power Whip

I have chosen ferrothorn as my lead pokemon due to its tankiness. I use him as a defensive and special wall and as a stealth rock setter. It resists well rock (which charizard hates), and fairy (for garchomp). Power whip is used for power and stab. Gyro ball for its stab and high power due to 0 iv on ferrothorn speed. Leech seed for sustain.

Charizard @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
Evs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 SpD
Modest Nature
-Fire Blast
-Solar Beam
-Focus Blast
-Roost

I have picked charizard y cause I wanted a special sweeper on my team. He covers a lot of tipes and it's hability makes fire blast anoying for any poke. It combines well with heatran and has a lot of synergy with garch. I have chosen Fire Blast and Solar Beam for obvious reasons, Roost for sustain when predicting a change and Focus Blast for Dark type pokes (not very sure about this last move).

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Earthquake
-Outrage
-Stone Edge
-Crunch

Garch has always been one of my favourite pokes and i think it fits well in my team. I use him as a sweeper and revenge killer. That is why he holds the choice scarf. All the weaknesses he has are well covered for my team but dragon type moves (scarf garch can outspeed all no-scarfed dragon threats and kill them with outrage). All the moves are straightforward but I'm not sure about crunch.

Starmie Life Orb
Ability: Analytic
Evs: 252 SpA/ 252 Spe/ 4 HP
Timid Nature
-Hydro Pump
-Ice Beam
-Psyshock
-Rapid Spin

Having charizard y in my team has forced me to have a rapid spin pokemon. I have chosen starmie because it's speed and great power with life orb and analytic ability. His weaknesses are well covered with heatran. Hydro pump for power and stab, Ice Beam for dragons and Psyshock for stab. Rapid Spin for obvious reasons.

Heatran Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Evs: 248 HP/ 40 Def/ 220 SpD
Calm Nature
-Lava Plume
-Toxic
-Protect
-Roar

At this point my team had some weaknesses and was also lacking of a special defense tank. Heatran has occupied this place because of its typing and awesome hability that helps a lot to Scizor and Ferrothorn. Heatran works as a special defense tank and has potential to stall with Toxic and protect. Lava Plume for stab and 30% burn chance and Roar to take out threats and boosted pokemons.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
Evs: 240 HP/ 252 Atk/ 16 SpD
Adamand Nature
-Bullet Punch
-Pursuit
-U-Turn
-Superpower

The last slot of my team is Scizor. I have him choice banded because I think that is one of the best revenge killers in late game. Bullet punch with stab, hability and choice band causes an absurd amount of damage. Pursuit is used to kill pokemons that are going to be changed. U-Turn for stab and prediction of enemy changes and Superpower to kill Ferrothorn and opposing Scizors

This is my first team. Could you tell me what to improve and rate it?, I would really apreciate it.

Last edited:
Hi n_n Nice Rmt , welcome to OU and Smog on :).

Your team is weak to birdspam also flamethrower>Fire blast on modest zard Y ,your heatran's evs is wrong and you have no sweeper

I have a few suggestions to improve your team :3.

U can try rocky helmet chomp over scarfchomp its a decent birdspam counter and it can stop physical attackers also it can set rocks so u can use a sweeper over ferrothorn :3.U can try tail glow manaphy over ferrothorn :D.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Roar
- Taunt/Earth power

Garchomp @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rough Skin
Evs: 252 Atk/ 252 Spe/ 4 Def
Jolly Nature
-Earthquake
-Dragon Tail
-Stealth Rock
-endure

MightySwagger013 (Manaphy) @ Leftovers
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 96 HP / 252 SpA / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Tail Glow
- Ice beam / Rain Dance
- Scald
- Energy Ball

My Phone's battery is low so I will edit this later :]

Hi Yopuv ,

This thread currently falls short of the minimum descriptions required for a RMT. You need three lines of description according to rule #4 of the RMT resource thread. As such, I will be locking this RMT for the time being. Feel free to PM me updated descriptions of your RMT, at which point I would be happy to unlock this thread. Check out the Team Showcase for examples of well made RMTs.

Have a nice day.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)