Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers MKII (Read the OP First!) (Now with 100% more Rules!!!)

Blast Burn 32.398% |

Is there any merit to running Blast Burn?
Yes, if you are feeling generous and wants to give your opponent a free turn :P. But seriously speaking, Hyper Beam clones shouldn't be used, really (unless you are using Mega Pidgeot or is playing RBY)

Last edited:
What about Hyper Beam on Melodetta? Last I checked it was the top used move.
As someone who plans on running a meloetta, I find Hyper Voice or Relic Song more useful (mostly the former, thought this is more for Doubles/Triples), mainly becuase they don;t give the opponent the turn it needs to sweep (And in RS's cae its mandatory if you ant to utlize Piroette Forme, though that can backfire if the opponent is using Psychic-types)

In general Hyper Beam, Giga Impact and other moves aren't used because most of the time they give the opponent a free turn, the only reason why people run geomancy (and by extention why Xerneas is in Ubers) is becuase a certain item allows it to by pass this drawback and as a buffing move offers more benefit than a move that deals damage

With a charizard x, ferrothorn, and azumarill core what would be 3 other Pokemon that would fit well in this team? I was thinking about a tanky tyranitar with stealth rocks and maybe two other offensive Pokemon.

Also, on the offhand, how do tiers apply to the actual omega ruby game? Do you have to pick ou before matches or something?

I thought of this set to lure in Rotom-W and Mega Venusaur to cripple them. It also potentially lures Gliscor and Scarfed Landorus-Therian. Is it too gimmicky for a lure? It does have the added benefit of gaining momentum.

Lucario Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
Jolly Nature
-Final Gambit
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Iron Tail

The main idea is to lure in Mega Venusaur when something like Tyranitar is scared out at the prospect of a Close Combat, only for you to to cripple it and leave max HP venusaur with 20 HP and pick it off with another threat. Stone Edge is for when you're certain a Talonflame will come in, but unless it's max HP Talonflame, it's just going to be defeated by Final Gambit. Adamant Scarf Landorus-T is outsped and OHKOed if it isn't running max HP.

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
I thought of this set to lure in Rotom-W and Mega Venusaur to cripple them. It also potentially lures Gliscor and Scarfed Landorus-Therian. Is it too gimmicky for a lure? It does have the added benefit of gaining momentum.

Lucario Choice Scarf
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 HP, 252 Speed, 4 Attack
Jolly Nature
-Final Gambit
-Stone Edge
-Close Combat
-Iron Tail

The main idea is to lure in Mega Venusaur when something like Tyranitar is scared out at the prospect of a Close Combat, only for you to to cripple it and leave max HP venusaur with 20 HP and pick it off with another threat. Stone Edge is for when you're certain a Talonflame will come in, but unless it's max HP Talonflame, it's just going to be defeated by Final Gambit. Adamant Scarf Landorus-T is outsped and OHKOed if it isn't running max HP.
It's way too gimmicky for far too many reasons than I can explain. Lucario should be only used as a late game cleaner with SD. Also a +2 CC and a +2 Iron Tail can KO both Rotom-W and Mega Venusaur rather easily.

With a charizard x, ferrothorn, and azumarill core what would be 3 other Pokemon that would fit well in this team? I was thinking about a tanky tyranitar with stealth rocks and maybe two other offensive Pokemon.

Also, on the offhand, how do tiers apply to the actual omega ruby game? Do you have to pick ou before matches or something?
If you're talking about the actual game cartridges, Smogon tiers are completely unofficial so you can't really pick "OU" or "Ubers" or whatever before matches - in-game they're as much self-imposed rules as Nuzlockes are. You can only pick tiers on Pokémon Showdown; Smogon's website-based battle simulator.

If you're talking about the actual game cartridges, Smogon tiers are completely unofficial so you can't really pick "OU" or "Ubers" or whatever before matches - in-game they're as much self-imposed rules as Nuzlockes are. You can only pick tiers on Pokémon Showdown; Smogon's website-based battle simulator.
So nothings banned in the actual game cartridge?

In ranked battles the same rule applies - this includes VGC tournaments. The only time Nintendo's banned something outside of those iirc was in BW, where they banned Sky Drop because it caused a glitch.
So its not even fun in the game cartridge because everyone uses Uber pokemon?

Eh, depends on your definition of fun. If you like using Mega Kangaskhan and Mega Salamence to tear up everything else; sure whatever, it's just not a very good meta.
And as I said, it's self-imposed rules - you just have to find someone who plays by Smogon's rules and there's quite a lot of those. There's many communities for that across the internet, and you can find OU on-cartridge battles here on the wi-fi forum and on the wi-fi chat on Showdown.
It's also worth noting that on-cartridge, for whatever reason, you can't find random 6-6 single battles; it's all 3v3. So you do pretty much have to find someone to do a 6-6 singles battle anyway.

edit: get destroyed bolts :^)

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Not really, when you arrange a battle with someone it's expected that you battle on a level playing field, to some degree. There's nothing wrong with using uber Pokemon if your opponent is using them as well. That's why we have threads here on the wifi forum to look for battles in specific tiers.
If you're referring to battling random passerbys, generally people will have their status message with a tier in mind to battle, such as "looking for an ou battle" so you know a general idea of what Pokemkn to bring and what they're bringing.
In my opinion, it's not really fun on the cartridge these days because not many people play on it anymore, as most are playing on Pokemon Showdown because it's just much more convenient and easier.

Plus in a VGC format many of the Uber pokemon like Salamence and Kangaskhan aren't actually broken due to it being Doubles. It's actually a very fun and balanced metagame where Ubers don't dominate as much as singles.

DarkNostalgia

Fading in, fading out, on the edge of paradise
is a Contributor Alumnus
How do you compress a link into a word?

Example:
You type something.

"something"

Then you use the highlight tool on your computer to highlight the word, and on the toolbar on top of the editing box which you write your message, you'll see a chain (called link). You click on that and enter the URL of website you wish to link it into.

@SEAttack I don't think you can.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)