ORAS UU RMT: Mega Sceptile and friends

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm thinking of replacing the Gurdurr, but I don't know who to replace him with!

Sceptile @ sceptilite
Ability: Unburden
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power Fire
- Dragon Pulse
- Earthquake

Empoleon @ leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Defog
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Ice Beam

Scrafty (M) @ focussash
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Drain Punch
- Crunch
- Zen Headbutt

Galvantula @ focussash
Ability: Compound Eyes
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sticky Web
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball
- Thunder

Gurdurr (M) @ eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Stone Edge
- Mach Punch

Dragalge @ choicespecs
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 188 HP / 252 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Thunderbolt

Attachments

Before anyone can properly help you, we'd love to know why you chose what you chose, not only pokemon wise, but move and EV wise. What are your threats, what are you seeking to accomplish? Replays? Peak? Trouble Spots?
In the future, please consider reading the RMT rules, posted here:
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/forum-guidelines-required-reading-updated-2014-10-22.3520346/
With a little more information, I'm sure people, including myself, would be glad to help! Your team looks okay, but I'd love to see a bit more before I gave opinions on why you would or would not choose a Pokemon.

what Eeyore said was correct, but i'll try and rate it now.

Sceptile seems ok, but you should probably replace eq with focus blast or sub (iirc doesnt hit many important things and you have -attack).

Empoleon's good.

Scrafty… i don't know where to start with how bad this is. Replace with pangoro (team doesn't have many set-up sweepers so i would use sd). set will be below. normally, if a pokemon is not on that tier's viability rankings, you shouldn't use it besides on joke teams.

Galv is decent on a somewhat slower team, but replace signal beam with bug buzz (10% chance of confusion and hitting aboma isn't enough over going through subs and 15? extra BP), and twave might be helpful over eball. You could also try giga drain over energy ball.

Gurdurr has literally no niche. If you wanna keep a bulky fighting type, use AV no guard machamp (set will be below). If you don't, someone else will probably suggest something.

Dragalge is fine, but you might wanna put scald over tbolt for burns and maybe switch to draco plate so you can switch moves.

team probs still would have weaknesses, but i can't figure out them.

SETS:
Pangoro @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 HP
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch

Machamp @ Assault Vest
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpDef / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch/Ice Punch
- Dynamic Punch
- Knock Off
- Ice Punch/Stone Edge

haxiom

God's not dead.
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hello WhatUpZeke , and welcome to Smogon!

Unfortunately, this RMT is currently not following the rules which can be found in the RMT Resource Thread; specifically, this thread violates rule #4, because you lack sufficient descriptions for each Pokemon on your team. As such, I am afraid that I will have to lock this thread for the time being. If you would like this thread to be reopened, feel free to PM me with your updated RMT, and I would be happy to reopen this thread for you. If you need help making an RMT up to the required standards, I recommend that you carefully read the RMT Resource Thread and check out other RMTs from the Team Showcase and RMT Archive for some examples.

Good luck with your team, and have a nice day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)