ORAS OU Let's give Beedrill a try

What's up everyone Tator is here and want to show everyone what i can do with a Mega-Beedril. Now Beedrill wasn't my first choice to use for a mega evolution team and one day laying in my bed i was thinking. What if i made a really tough team for beedrill? then it hit me HELL YEA. So today i'm going to Make what i think is going to be the best Beedrill team today. So without further ado lets get to it.

Ready Doctor (Beedrill) @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptibility
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpD
Jolly Nature
- Poison Jab
- U-Turn
- Protect
- Drill Run

* So my main Mon the Mega-Beedrill, looking at beedrill in the past it wasn't that good. the stats weren't that great but when this Bad boy comes into play it can become a game changer if you know how to use it. i mean look at it it has FIVE pointed needles all around it, Tell me that doesn't scare you. I wanted to give beedrill a chance with its fast ass speed when mega'ed. I mean when mega 'ed i think its speed can reach to 427!!! thats insane. And the attack on this mon is incredible. especially with the ability adaptibility holy jesus someone come slap this bug. The set i run is i guess pretty standard the poison Jab for those annoying fairies and the drill run for those excadrill's and Charizard X's. i have U-turn on this mon for a reason... To see if i can see what my opponent is going to do next.

Rudolph (Magnezone) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Fire

* Ok for some reason Magnezone has become a big hit in the pokemon era. But thats not the reason why. I wanted to use magnezone because i noticed that Tornadus-Therian has also became a big part in the pokemon era. Bird is an issue for my Beedrill So what better way to kill a bird, Shock the shit out of it. Yes I know i have 2 pokemon extremely weak to fire and ground. Magnezone can become a sweeper when it wants to and all you have to do is play your cards right. The Hidden power fire is to get ride of the Venasaurs and Scizor. and you can't have Magnezone without having Volt switch in the moveset. believe it or not. volt switch has been pretty good with this team letting the opponent if i am going to switch or not.

Wishy-Washy (Rotom-Wash) @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpD / 252 HP / 4 SpA
Calm Nature
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Pain Split
- Will-o-Wisp

* I chose Rotom-Wash because the team was in deep trouble with fire and ground type moves. Rotom in the past has always been a very good pokemon. He has very good coverage against fire's grounds, electrics, and flying. With WOW the opponent might often rage because he realized that most of his team is burned and he has nothing to do. Pain split for those maxed out HP pokemon like Hippodown and Slowbro. Rotom can pack a punch by getting rid of Heatrans and Starmie's. Lets Get to the point. Rotom is a very good Pokemon in general.

Magma (Heatran) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 Spe / 252 SpA / 4 SpD
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Flash Cannon
- Hidden Power Ice
- Earth Power

* Now to be honest i really couldn't think of a better pokemon for fire Coverage. I thought of heatran because i needed a fast mon that can get rid of fairies and grass types really fast in order to keep this team alive. Fire Blast instead Of Lava Plum because if i make a wrong switch and Heatran goes down to lets say 2 HP Then im Done and screwed because lava plum only does a really good amount of damage with full HP. Earth Power to get ride of Mega Charizard X and Excadrills. So i really couldn't think of a better Fire type pokemon for this team. If you guys know any better fire types let me know please.

TalonFlame (Togekiss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 248 HP / 216 SpD / 44 Spe
Bold Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Air Slash
- Defog
- Roost

* I chose togekiss because i honestly don't know. Toge has helped a lot because of the ParaFlinch and has been a really good sweeper. It is also my defogger because most people like to lay stickey webs and stealth rocks and it gets really annoying. Togekiss has helped me a lot in the past battles and does a really good job of Paralyzing the pokemon that i'm having trouble with. Togekiss can get ride of mega lopunny and does a really good job of doing that as well.

Mustache (Landorus-Therian) @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimadate
Evs: 216 Def / 252 SpD / 40 Spe
Impish Nature
- stealth rock
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock off

* Landorus is my setter. I thought he would be a good choice because he can weaken pokemon with his ability and it gives me a chance to do some damage until they switch into something else. With his defensive stance he can pretty much withstand most pokemon. I t can counter Excadrills which are a threat to this team very much. I like stone edge because whenever i use it it never misses and thats one reason why i like to use stone edge. I have a weird EV set up but it works and so far its pretty well done.

WELL THATS IT FOR THE TEAM LEAVE A POST IF I SHOULD CHANGE ANYTHING ELSE. THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME TATOR OUT.

You're mistaking Lava Plume for Eruption, Lava Plume always has the same power. You should run it on Heatran, it has better accuracy and a nifty burn chance to stop mons in their tracks.

Perennial

amol selseila
physical defensive Rotom-W is superior to special defensive on this team and in terms of overall utility. washer is generally used to handle physical threats like Excadrill, Talonflame, Landorus-T, Metagross and Azumarill. as such she appreciates her EVs tailored towards physical defense to handle those pokémon better. having Rotom-W be as sturdy as possible on the physical side is also crucial because the majority of the pokémon I mentioned are bothersome for the star of your team, Beedrill, who appreciates having a teammate capable of consistently handling said threats. 248 HP / 216 Def / 44 Spe with Bold works fine for this purpose.

consider running a bulky Garchomp over Landorus-T. currently, your team is very weak to Bisharp. after an SD, which isn't too hard to set-up by forcing a Togekiss or Beedrill switch in fear of Iron Head and Sucker Punch respectively, you have nothing to stop a sweep. in addition to providing a Bisharp check, bulky Garchomp serves your team by providing a much needed initial Charizard-Y switch in and wearing down obstacles to Beedrill like Talonflame and Scizor via Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin recoil. you don't lose much from the change since the things Landorus-T was keeping in check, such as Excadrill, are already covered by Rotom-W, especially with the change in EVs.
Garchomp @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 248 HP / 164 Def / 96 Spe
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

the Speed is so you are faster than Bisharp with the remainder placed in bulk to maximize your ability to take hits.
keeping Landorus-T is completely okay if that's something you prefer, especially since she deals with Charizard-X better. however the EVs you are currently using on her are inefficient. investing EVs into special defense on Landorus-T isn't useful because she typically has no business taking hits from the special side. you gain way more mileage by investing into HP, adding to Landorus-T's survivability and letting her take hits better from many of the physical threats she will generally be switching in on, like Excadrill. 252 HP / 216 Def / 40 Spe works fine. to give you an example of how much bulkier you become, this spread takes 26.9 - 31.9% from LO Exca's Iron Head, while your current one takes 31 - 36.9%.

a final suggestion is to consider Stone Edge on Heatran over HP Ice for Charizard-Y, who can be really annoying for the team, while also gaining something to kill Talonflame. good job and nice team, Beedrill is really cool. gave you a like!

Last edited:
ok thanks i appreciate it ill try bulky Garchomp see how it goes. Are you sure about stone edge on Heatran though? Yes i have to worry about Charizard Y but what about landorus and Tornadus. those are alsothreats to the team.

Perennial

amol selseila
For Tornadus-T:
  • 252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 132-156 (39.7 - 46.9%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Heatran Hidden Power Ice vs. 132 HP / 0 SpD Assault Vest Tornadus-T: 96-114 (28.9 - 34.3%) -- 3.1% chance to 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 196-232 (65.5 - 77.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Heatran Hidden Power Ice vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Tornadus-T: 144-170 (48.1 - 56.8%) -- 87.5% chance to 2HKO
For Landorus-T:
  • 252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 214-253 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
  • 252 SpA Heatran Fire Blast vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 217-256 (68 - 80.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
notice how Tornadus-T takes noticeably more damage from Fire Blast than she does from HP Ice. accuracy is always a concern, but I would say you are generally better off hitting Tornadus-T with a Fire Blast rather than an HP Ice.

as for Landorus-T, the higher damage HP Ice deals on her is tempting. however, like the damage calcs demonstrate, you can see Landorus-T has no business taking a Fire Blast. under normal battle conditions, Landorus-T will likely have taken quite a bit of prior damage, especially if you consider the chip damage she's taking from SR and constantly switching in on Beedrill. including Garchomp on your team makes this even more true since she further weakens Landorus-T down by punishing U-turns with Rocky Helmet and Rough Skin recoil. as such, it's not unrealistic to image a situation where Landorus-T will be low enough to be killed by Heatran's Fire Blast, making the loss of HP Ice negligible.

in my opinion, the main benefit of HP Ice is nailing unsuspecting bulky Garchomp to help Beedrill. my suggestion is to give both a try and see which move you prefer. both Stone Edge and HP Ice have their pros and cons, but I think Stone Edge is more valuable to help you with Charizard-Y and even things like Volcarona since they are larger threats to your team. something you can consider assuming the loss in speed isn't concerning to you is giving Heatran a + SpA nature if you'd like her to land stronger hits on the pokémon you mentioned with FB. everything is up to your preference, good luck and let me know how things go!

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)