Resource The ORAS NU Teambuilding Lab (Kiyo'd)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Requesting a double dance Cradily team. Seeing it hyped up made me try it and love it, but I wanna see how other people would team build with it. Odd but possibly not applicable, I'd prefer if there was no Quagsire or Fletch in the team, I really dislike them.

Never mind, I'm happy the tier has managed to lose those threats anyway - in that case could I request a hail team (obviously) featuring offensive snow-warning Aurorus? Perhaps even a rock polish set? Either way, thanks in advance!

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I did it! I made a team!

Genuis, here's a team with Specs Aurorus. I'd actually recommend switching it to Refrigerate and replacing Blizzard with Hyper Voice because of the anti-synergy hail has with Torterra's Synthesis, but it's entirely up to you.

This is actually only like the second time I've used Aurorus, and I'd probably never use it without reason to. It's not that I think it's a bad Pokemon either. I just don't like using it for some reason. But if you're going to use Aurorus, might as well do it right and have it kill fucking everything. I chose Fletchinder as a partner because I wanted something to lure in things for Aurorus to crush and U-turn out on them. I also didn't want to give up what I think is the most important move on Fletchinder, which is Will-O-Wisp, so I cut Swords Dance instead. Fletchinder already does a good job of pressuring and cleaning offense without boosting, and burning common Flying resists like Rhydon and Regirock is clutch, especially in allowing Xatu to take them on better. Lanturn does the same thing as Fletchinder in baiting in things for Aurorus to kill and Volt Switching out on them, only instead of bulky Grounds and Lanturn it baits Grass-types. I went with RestTalk Lanturn for a couple reasons. Mostly, I didn't think Heal Bell support was going to be very necessary, and aside from Volt Switch, Scald, and Heal Bell, Lanturn literally needs nothing else. Giving it some recovery is great, and being able to pivot with Sleep Talk can be cool to keep Lanturn from being setup bait. Torterra covers the terrifying dual dance Rhydon and offensive Normal-types. I EVed it to live two Adamant Silk Scarf Kangaskhan's Double-Edges and two Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros's Rock Climbs. It was originally going to be Gurdurr, which does a good job checking those same things, but I wasn't sure where I'd fit Stealth Rock if I didn't put it in this slot. Xatu is here because the team really needed a Fighting check and an answer to hazards, as it is pretty weak to both Stealth Rock and Spikes. Signal Beam is for Malamar, which the team isn't exceptionally weak to but also doesn't like to deal with, and the EVs outrun Adamant Sawk. Klinklang is literally just filler because the team is pretty slow and needs something to help against offense that doesn't hate get walled by a ton of shit. It also synergizes well offensively with Aurorus because most of its checks hate taking Specs Blizzard/Freeze-Dry from Aurorus.

Hope you dig it. 8)
Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Frost Breath

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 144 HP / 104 Def / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 128 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- U-turn

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
Happiness: 0
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Shift Gear
- Substitute

edit: oh yeah, Frost Breath on Aurorus is for CM Musharna and Audino, which would otherwise be really annoying!

I did it! I made a team!

Genuis, here's a team with Specs Aurorus. I'd actually recommend switching it to Refrigerate and replacing Blizzard with Hyper Voice because of the anti-synergy hail has with Torterra's Synthesis, but it's entirely up to you.

This is actually only like the second time I've used Aurorus, and I'd probably never use it without reason to. It's not that I think it's a bad Pokemon either. I just don't like using it for some reason. But if you're going to use Aurorus, might as well do it right and have it kill fucking everything. I chose Fletchinder as a partner because I wanted something to lure in things for Aurorus to crush and U-turn out on them. I also didn't want to give up what I think is the most important move on Fletchinder, which is Will-O-Wisp, so I cut Swords Dance instead. Fletchinder already does a good job of pressuring and cleaning offense without boosting, and burning common Flying resists like Rhydon and Regirock is clutch, especially in allowing Xatu to take them on better. Lanturn does the same thing as Fletchinder in baiting in things for Aurorus to kill and Volt Switching out on them, only instead of bulky Grounds and Lanturn it baits Grass-types. I went with RestTalk Lanturn for a couple reasons. Mostly, I didn't think Heal Bell support was going to be very necessary, and aside from Volt Switch, Scald, and Heal Bell, Lanturn literally needs nothing else. Giving it some recovery is great, and being able to pivot with Sleep Talk can be cool to keep Lanturn from being setup bait. Torterra covers the terrifying dual dance Rhydon and offensive Normal-types. I EVed it to live two Adamant Silk Scarf Kangaskhan's Double-Edges and two Life Orb Sheer Force Tauros's Rock Climbs. It was originally going to be Gurdurr, which does a good job checking those same things, but I wasn't sure where I'd fit Stealth Rock if I didn't put it in this slot. Xatu is here because the team really needed a Fighting check and an answer to hazards, as it is pretty weak to both Stealth Rock and Spikes. Signal Beam is for Malamar, which the team isn't exceptionally weak to but also doesn't like to deal with, and the EVs outrun Adamant Sawk. Klinklang is literally just filler because the team is pretty slow and needs something to help against offense that doesn't hate get walled by a ton of shit. It also synergizes well offensively with Aurorus because most of its checks hate taking Specs Blizzard/Freeze-Dry from Aurorus.

Hope you dig it. 8)
Aurorus @ Choice Specs
Ability: Snow Warning
Modest Nature
- Blizzard
- Freeze-Dry
- Earth Power
- Frost Breath

Fletchinder
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 192 HP / 252 Atk / 64 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Acrobatics
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost
- U-turn

Lanturn @ Leftovers
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 144 HP / 104 Def / 248 SpD / 12 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Volt Switch
- Rest
- Sleep Talk

Torterra @ Leftovers
Ability: Overgrow
EVs: 248 HP / 124 Atk / 128 Def / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Wood Hammer
- Earthquake
- Synthesis

Xatu @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 248 HP / 180 Def / 80 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Roost
- Signal Beam
- U-turn

Klinklang @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 160 HP / 252 Atk / 96 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Gear Grind
- Frustration
- Shift Gear
- Substitute

edit: oh yeah, Frost Breath on Aurorus is for CM Musharna and Audino, which would otherwise be really annoying!
Thanks a lot hollywood, very fun to use! Also fyi, I did change Aurorus to a Refridgerate/ hyper voice set and also made it timid to outspeed max speed timid cacturnes which kept annoying me. Could I also ask what Lanturn's ev's are supposed to do?

Last edited:

ryan

Jojo Siwa enthusiast
is a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Thanks a lot hollywood, very fun to use! Also fyi, I did change Aurorus to a Refridgerate/ hyper voice set and also made it timid to outspeed max speed timid cacturnes which kept annoying me. Could I also ask what Lanturn's ev's are supposed to do?
lanturn's EVs let it live some likely irrelevant physical hit and emphasizes special bulk since usually the only physically attackers you want to beat with lanturn you do without major investment. can't say for sure exactly what they do, but i've been using this spread for a couple months now.

Updated list:
  • Double Bull (Montsegur)
  • Magmortar + Electivire (TONE114)
  • Physical Smash Carracosta (Adaire)
  • Agility Lanturn (Nebuchadnezzar)
  • Specs Chatot (Realistic Waters)
  • CM Mesprit (Winter's Howl)
  • LO Pyroar + Scarf Sawk (BigWigs)
  • Fletchinder + Garbodor (SoTheBlackKnight)
Genuis ShadowGuy1 apologies for the wait but since Gallade is banned your requests have to be dropped, but you can request something else if you want.
They already decided the results of the suspect. That was fast. but if I can request something now...

I would like a team based off of Life Orb Floatzel. If I have to wait till its open I shall.

Disjunction

Everything I waste gets recycled
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Chatot @ Choice Specs
Ability: Keen Eye
Timid Nature
- Boomburst
- Heat Wave
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- U-turn

Vileplume @ Black Sludge
Ability: Effect Spore
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Carracosta @ Leftovers
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 248 HP / 196 Def / 64 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Stealth Rock
- Knock Off
- Rock Slide

Torkoal @ Leftovers
Ability: White Smoke
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Protect

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Rash Nature
- Ice Beam
- Freeze-Dry
- Hidden Power [Rock]
- Ice Shard

Zebstrika @ Magnet
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Overheat

Realistic Waters

ok so these nerds here in the lab need a PROFESSIONAL helping them out and I wanted to build with specs chatot anyways so I'm posting this here. Got a fresh balance team here built with the star Chatot. I'm assuming you know why I chose what I chose but I'll outline it for anyone who wants to use the squad. Boom is obligatory, Heat Wave hits Steels, HP Grass hits Rhydon for loads and Regirock for slightly more than a resisted boom. U-turn is great on Balance teams for momentum. Those of you who wonder why I don't have Chatter, it's unnecessary because of how weak it is. Neutral boomburst hits harder than a super effective chatter and Heat Wave can pick up the slack for Geists. I chose a very solid defensive core of Costa/Vileplume/Torkoal. Costa handles big threats such as Normal-types and Archeops, Plume covers Costa's big Grass weakness and is a good Klinklang check with HP fire, SpDef Torkoal is an amazing Ice-type check and backup Grass check behind Vileplume. Torkoal also provides nice hazard control cause ProTox with SpDef can 1v1 most spin blockers if you toxic on the switch in. Vanilluxe is POWERFUL and breaks down most of the walls that would want to tank a hit from Specs Boom (Regi, Hariyama, Lanturn) and Ice Shard can revenge faster stuff like Archeops, Rotom-S (which breaks down the core I got going), and probably others! Zebstrika provides a tool against offense and provides momentum, which is sick on balance of course.

I tested this team out once vs mambo and 6-0'd him so I'd say it's pretty alright!

Was curious if anybody could build a Pinisr team? Ive always thought he was a cool pokemon and Ive wanted to use non mega pinsir on a team

Yay for more requests!
Now there are two particular setup sweepers in the tier I haven't gotten around using very much, and I want to see if they could fare together in a team. I know both are really weak to fighting and ground, but I imagine one can work around that while building. Here they go:

Barbaracle @ Lum Berry / White Herb
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Shell Smash
- Razor Shell
- Return
- Cross Chop

Pawniard @ Eviolite
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head
- Knock Off

Montsegur double bull sucks

ive spent the last day experimenting a lot with double bull, and while I think they are both good Pokemon, it as very hard to get them to work well together. I think the first 4 pokemon here (bouff tauros gourgeist and mesprit) are really handy together, Gourgeist in particular has been working great with the bull shenanigans. Kecleon and Rotom-S are definitely replacable, I've probably gone through 20 Pokemon in those last 2 slots, and ultimately settled on Kecleon cause its a SRer that threatens Ferroseed. Rotom-S is a pretty consistent Pokemon that im a fan of rn, any fast Pokemon could work in that slot depending on what you're looking for.

Is this team good? ehh its ok, the core just doesn't have the best synergy
shoutouts to QueenOfLuvdiscs for the great bouff set, lets you threaten Quag early game and coverage is overrated anyways

queenofluvdiscs (Bouffalant) (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Sap Sipper
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 156 HP / 252 Atk / 100 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Return
- Toxic

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Rock Climb
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt
- Rock Slide

Rotom-Fan @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
Timid Nature
- Air Slash
- Volt Switch
- Trick
- Will-O-Wisp

Mesprit @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Healing Wish
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam
- Energy Ball

Kecleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Fire Punch
- Stealth Rock
- Shadow Sneak
- Drain Punch

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 248 HP / 156 Def / 104 Spe
Bold Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Will-O-Wisp
- Leech Seed
- Synthesis

going to work on CM Mesprit team next, I actually like that set

Ares

Fool me...can't get fooled again
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
yah ill just toxic stall all of the normal resists and ghost types, pro plan :^) !

Also months later the lab has finally churned out my request, Hooray!

Team Dump :o

Curry_Noodles
upload_2015-7-12_23-53-7.png
upload_2015-7-12_23-53-15.png
upload_2015-7-12_23-53-24.png
upload_2015-7-12_23-53-31.png
upload_2015-7-12_23-53-43.png
upload_2015-7-12_23-53-53.png

Tauros @ Life Orb
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Rock Climb
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Kabutops @ Lum Berry
Ability: Swift Swim
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet

Mesprit @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Healing Wish
- Energy Ball
- U-turn

Lilligant @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Quiver Dance

Mawile @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Iron Head
- Super Fang

Pinsir @ Life Orb
Ability: Mold Breaker
Jolly Nature
- Stealth Rock
- X-Scissor
- Earthquake
- Quick Attack

Hi Curry, I already had a variation of a team with Pinsir that I liked and had used in a tour match against Fssong, except with Sneasel > Tauros. I had used Rocks Pinsir because Mold breaker rocks is great against all the balanced teams that rely on Xatu for hazard support and it really removes the mindgames. The main idea I had behind the team was to use SD Pass Mawile and a bunch of mons that appreciate a +2 or a free switch through BP. I originally had SD Sneasel and SD Kabu because they were both really underprepared for, but I changed it to Tauros after the ban because stock tauros is hard enough to beat, let alone +2. Pinsir also appreciated the SD boost which is why I ran quick attack over a possible coverage move. Mesprit provides more immediate speed ability to hit stuff from the special side, as well as HW support for any of my physical breakers. Lilligant is there to sleep common walls, lure in Ferroseed and gives me a reliable way to beat Quagsire. Really fun and fast paced team to play, I hope you enjoy!

Machinae
upload_2015-7-13_0-14-25.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-14-45.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-14-59.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-15-8.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-15-25.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-15-33.png

Cradily @ Lum Berry
Ability: Storm Drain
EVs: 20 HP / 252 Atk / 236 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish
- Stone Edge
- Seed Bomb

Uxie @ Leftovers
EVs: 116 HP / 252 SpA / 140 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock
- Signal Beam

Garbodor @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Aftermath
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 100 Spe
Impish Nature
- Toxic Spikes
- Spikes
- Gunk Shot
- Drain Punch

Stunfisk @ Leftovers
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Earth Power
- Discharge
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Kangaskhan @ Assault Vest
Ability: Scrappy
Adamant Nature
- Fake Out
- Double-Edge
- Fire Punch
- Sucker Punch

Samurott @ Life Orb
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 SpA
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Megahorn
- Aqua Jet

DD Cradily is a cool mon it's not great, but it's workable. I decided to pair it with Sub CM Uxie b/c offensive sub CM uxie is really good rn and it sets up on a lot of the bulky stuff that beats Cradily except for the Steels. I wanted to use Spikes/T-Spikes because of how well they pair with both Cradily and Uxie so Garbodor seemed like a logical choice. Cradily and Uxie give a lot of room to Steel types like Klinklang so I went with Stunfisk as my rock setter because it acts as a very reliable switch in to pretty much any offensive steel. The team was looking rather slow so I added in Kangaskhan as a Revenge Killer and it works really well with Toxic Spikes. The team was lacking immediate power so I went with AOA Rott in the last slot since it provides a nice check to DD Don and Malamar. You can possibly run Giga or HP Fire > Signal Beam on Uxie if you feel like DD Don is a bit too threatening, or if you don't like giving turns to steels, but I like signal so that you don't have to rely on hitting a Megahorn to beat Malamar.

ShadowGuy1
upload_2015-7-13_0-28-32.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-28-52.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-29-12.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-29-23.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-29-32.png
upload_2015-7-13_0-29-44.png

Gurdurr @ Eviolite
Ability: Guts
EVs: 248 HP / 136 Atk / 60 Def / 56 SpD / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Bulk Up
- Drain Punch
- Mach Punch

Archeops
Ability: Defeatist
Jolly Nature
- Taunt
- Roost
- Acrobatics
- Earthquake

Musharna @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 240 HP / 252 Def / 16 Spe
Bold Nature
- Stored Power
- Barrier
- Calm Mind
- Moonlight

Lilligant @ Lum Berry
Ability: Chlorophyll
Timid Nature
- Sleep Powder
- Quiver Dance
- Giga Drain
- Hidden Power [Rock]

Floatzel @ Life Orb
Ability: Swift Swim
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Focus Blast

Piloswine @ Eviolite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Icicle Crash
- Ice Shard
- Stealth Rock

LO Floatzel is really cool and I ended up building a team similar to this to ladder for the suspect. The team is based around dual fast taunters in Archeops and Floatzel that can shut down passive mons and hit hard at the same time. I went with Gurdurr next because it's probably my favourite mon to actually use and Gurdurr + Bird is a good core in itself. Archeops and Floatzel are both pretty frail and vunerable to priority, and I also needed a fighting switch-in, so I went with Barrier + CM Musharna since it soaks up priority and it's the easiest mon to abuse on the ladder i've ever used. Most teams are not prepared at all and Musharna also synergizes really well with Gurdurr. Piloswine acts as my rocks setter and general emergency revenge killer with Ice Shard and also acts as my bird check. Last mon I went with was Lilligant because I couldn't figure out what to put and Lanturn looked really annoying to switch into so I went with it. It can also bait scyther if it gets to +1 with HP Rock which helps since Archeops and Pilo are my only checks.

Opening this for real this time hooray, i'll prolly update the OP tommorow as well.

Hey y'all, requesting a team build around the core of dual screens with Shift Gear Klinklang and Autotomize Vanilluxe. I chose Klinklang because of its excellent, rare pure metal typing in NU and its ability to set up all over the tiers Premier defensive Pokemon as well as destroy offensive teams. For example it is immune to intimidate from qwilfish, granbull and mawile due to clear body, it sets up on mawile by virtue of its fairy resistance, metal resistance and immunity to toxic, vile plume, since it has substitute to avoid leech seed and sleep powder and resistances to giga drain and sludge bomb, mega audino due to its fairy resistance, ferroseed and many more. On the offensive side it sets up shift gears all over Pokemon like exeggutor, scyther, Sneasel, archeops, vivillon, mesprit etc. due to its brilliant psychic, bug, flying, ice, grass and rock resistances and solid bulk. It's sweep is very difficult to prevent once it has adequately set up because it is resistant to fake out, has substitute to avoid sucker punch, status, leech seed etc., is immune to intimidate due to clear body, immune to clear smog which would remove the shift gear boosts, and has gear grind to break sash/sturdy Pokemon like golem, crustle, Jynx etc. in one move. despite having poor defensive synergy this core does an excellent job of dismantling each other's counters - for example Vanilluxe destroys Quagsire, Torterra, Mantine, Sandslash etc. that Klinklang has problems with, likewise Klinklang beats Pokemon like Cryogonal, Sneasel, Jynx etc. that Vanilluxe loses to. The team would need a switchin and way to defeat Pokemon like Hariyama, gurdurr, Torkoal, pyroar etc. which defeat both klinklang and Vanilluxe. I thought uxie or mesprit would be a great partner since they are immune to ground and resist fighting, two of klinklangs weaknesses, they could use dual screens, both have access to stealth rock, they can run psychic stab to beat hariyama, gurdurr and sawk which the core has major issues with and they have access to tons of useful support moves between them such as twave, memento, healing wish, u turn, yawn etc. mesprit could have energy ball and uxie could be given giga drain to lure and KO Quagsire, the only Pokemon in the tier that counters Klinklang regardless of how many boosts it has due to unaware, it's huge physical bulk and metal resistance. However it may be best to utilise a Pokemon that Quagsire usually switches safely into, to lure and KO it with a surprise grass move.

Sets; Klinklang @ lefties Adamant nature. Standard ev spread. Clear body

Return
Gear grind
Shift gear
Substitute

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb. modest nature. Standard EV spread.

Freeze Dry
Ice Beam
HP Ground
Autotomize

Dual screener, possibly uxie or mesprit

Thank you, I'm excited to see what you guys create

Blast

Member of the Alien Nation
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Hey y'all, requesting a team build around the core of dual screens with Shift Gear Klinklang and Autotomize Vanilluxe. I chose Klinklang because of its excellent, rare pure metal typing in NU and its ability to set up all over the tiers Premier defensive Pokemon as well as destroy offensive teams. For example it is immune to intimidate from qwilfish, granbull and mawile due to clear body, it sets up on mawile by virtue of its fairy resistance, metal resistance and immunity to toxic, vile plume, since it has substitute to avoid leech seed and sleep powder and resistances to giga drain and sludge bomb, mega audino due to its fairy resistance, ferroseed and many more. On the offensive side it sets up shift gears all over Pokemon like exeggutor, scyther, Sneasel, archeops, vivillon, mesprit etc. due to its brilliant psychic, bug, flying, ice, grass and rock resistances and solid bulk. It's sweep is very difficult to prevent once it has adequately set up because it is resistant to fake out, has substitute to avoid sucker punch, status, leech seed etc., is immune to intimidate due to clear body, immune to clear smog which would remove the shift gear boosts, and has gear grind to break sash/sturdy Pokemon like golem, crustle, Jynx etc. in one move. despite having poor defensive synergy this core does an excellent job of dismantling each other's counters - for example Vanilluxe destroys Quagsire, Torterra, Mantine, Sandslash etc. that Klinklang has problems with, likewise Klinklang beats Pokemon like Cryogonal, Sneasel, Jynx etc. that Vanilluxe loses to. The team would need a switchin and way to defeat Pokemon like Hariyama, gurdurr, Torkoal, pyroar etc. which defeat both klinklang and Vanilluxe. I thought uxie or mesprit would be a great partner since they are immune to ground and resist fighting, two of klinklangs weaknesses, they could use dual screens, both have access to stealth rock, they can run psychic stab to beat hariyama, gurdurr and sawk which the core has major issues with and they have access to tons of useful support moves between them such as twave, memento, healing wish, u turn, yawn etc. mesprit could have energy ball and uxie could be given giga drain to lure and KO Quagsire, the only Pokemon in the tier that counters Klinklang regardless of how many boosts it has due to unaware, it's huge physical bulk and metal resistance. However it may be best to utilise a Pokemon that Quagsire usually switches safely into, to lure and KO it with a surprise grass move.

Sets; Klinklang @ lefties Adamant nature. Standard ev spread. Clear body

Return
Gear grind
Shift gear
Substitute

Vanilluxe @ Life Orb. modest nature. Standard EV spread.

Freeze Dry
Ice Beam
HP Ground
Autotomize

Dual screener, possibly uxie or mesprit

Thank you, I'm excited to see what you guys create
Stop posting this over and over, we heard you the first time and we're not ignoring you, but there's still other teams to be built and we'll get to yours eventually. Bumping your post isn't going to help.

Just
Stop posting this over and over, we heard you the first time and we're not ignoring you, but there's still other teams to be built and we'll get to yours eventually. Bumping your post isn't going to help.
just felt like my post had been ignored since nobody acknowledged it, and it took me a lot of time and thought. As long as someone is in the process of building the team I'll wait as long as it takes

Thanks for the team! I appreciate the work you put into it, Cradily isn't amazing but the team looks very solid. I'm gonna be using it for a long time and taking note of the things you looked into while team building.

Here, let me try and be your first Combusken request.

(there is like no good combusken artwork except dick jokes xd)
Combusken @ Eviolite
Ability: Speed Boost
*Insert optimal spread here, I'm tired*
- Swords Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Brick Break
- ThunderPunch/Night Slash
I feel like everyone's going to be hyping and expecting special Combusken, so why not try something on the other side of the spectrum?

First request.

Gourgeist-Small @ Leftovers
EVs: 224 Spe/ 152 HP/ 132 Def
Ability: Frisk
Timid/Jolly Nature
- Leech Seed
- Substitute
- Foul Play/Shadow Force
- Will-O-Wisp

Probopass @ Air Balloon/Leftovers
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD (Or some speed instead of max/max)
Modest Nature
- Earth Power
- Volt Switch
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

- Probopass has two problems: ground and fighting type attacks, while also hating water. Gourgeist resists water, fighting and ground.
- Gourgeist hates fire, flying, ice, ghost and dark type attacks. Since you are a fucking probopass you can switch in on those moves taking nothing.

A balanced team inclined to a more offensive side would prefectly fit my playstyle, but you guys can do whatever you want :]

Requesting SR or Choice band Relicanth. Wanted to head smash without worrying about recoil and thought it would be fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)