Battle of the Week: UU Edition! (Resumes after SPL)

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah i dont care im still playing all 3 lol
You may gladly play Hikari in old Gen UU battles on your own time, but if you want to battle Hikari on this thread, then you will be playing only ORAS, sorry.

Edit: I understand you were tier leader not too long ago, but I do not think that should grant you any special privileges over the other contestants.

Last edited:

kokoloko

what matters is our plan!
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
i won't be battling hikari on this thread. we will be battling on pokemon showdown and then posting replays on this thread. ty. :]

if you need me to give you a non-sarcastic reply, here you go:

there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't let people enjoy a good dpp and bw battle if we're still giving them an oras one. if your intentions with this project are to have people learn and get better, giving them three battles gives them three times the opportunity to learn and who wouldn't wanna see that? lol

here's a tip: get your head out of your ass and use a little common sense when making rules. at the very least have them make sense. hate to be "that guy" but every mod and tier leader is going to agree with me and its not cause i'm me, but because your stupid ass rule makes 0 sense.

so yeah, if BR wants to we'll play three games and post the replays. if he only wants to do oras that's fine too. :]

i won't be battling hikari on this thread. we will be battling on pokemon showdown and then posting replays on this thread. ty. :]

there's absolutely no reason why we shouldn't let people enjoy a good dpp and bw battle if we're still giving them an oras one. if your intentions with this project are to have people learn and get better, giving them three battles gives them three times the opportunity to learn and who wouldn't wanna see that? lol

here's a tip: get your head out of your ass and use a little common sense when making rules. at the very least have them make sense. hate to be "that guy" but every mod and tier leader is going to agree with me and its not cause i'm me, but because your stupid ass rule makes 0 sense.

so yeah, if BR wants to we'll play three games and post the replays. if he only wants to do oras that's fine too. :]
No one had a problem with my "stupid ass rule" in the previous weeks. I totally would have considered a change if you gave me a good reason to, but since you gave a dick reply, it's staying ORAS for now. If all the moderators do agree with a change, then I will allow previous Gens.

Last edited:
Im not sure about other people, but I would rather see BW and DPP UU over ORAS. The OU counterpart of this thread has old gens aswell so I don't see why this shouldn't either.

Oh cmon man. He is just trying to follow the rules that this thread was built on. This thread is to be an example to new players. Since most people are playing oras, having oras battles would be best. Having more than one is important to understand different match ups, playstyles with different teams, and climbing out of mispredictions. If you want to have dpp then sure go for it. Post it on this thread. I honestly want to see it. But the rules of the thread require three oras battles. And if we don't have rules, are we no better than a bunch of savages? :)

kokoloko

is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
oh I was under the impression only one oras game was needed. ok then we can do bo5 with three oras one dp and one bw.

I'm not being a dick for the sake of it I just legit thought I was only adding 2 extra games so I didnt see why Christo would disallow that. now I get it, so bo5 seems cool.

oh I was under the impression only one oras game was needed. ok then we can do bo5 with three oras one dp and one bw.

I'm not being a dick for the sake of it I just legit thought I was only adding 2 extra games so I didnt see why Christo would disallow that. now I get it, so bo5 seems cool.
I'm cool with that. Yeah it was always a BO3. I understand where the confusion was.

Edit: Just a reminder to post the scheduled time you guys play at. If you guys see each other and play off schedule, just post in this thread saying "playing now on smogtour or whatever" so ppl can watch.

Also thanks Daspoofy for clearly up the confusion

Last edited:

kokoloko

we were supposed to play tonight but i haven't seen him and i'm going to bed now.

i'm guessing tomorrow night around 8:30 or 9 -4 should be good. i'll let him confirm.

yeah tonight should work

I had an incredibly busy weekend and I was focused in my WCOP match during my free time,,,

Reactions: rs
Pick 3 users you want to see battle for week 5!

Do not pick theese users as they have already battled: dodmen IB 93, Omfuga, Hairy Toenail, Me, xmarth, RH156, YABO, kokoloko, and Hikari.

Edit: noms: King UU, Euphonos/Clarion, Psychotic

Last edited:

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
King UU
Hogg
Yifeng

(Oh, wait, I should also nominate Psychotic here somewhere, though...)

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Oh shit, how did I forget about TewMew... If he doesn't get the nom this week, definitely voting for him next week.

But add pif to your stall v stall dream team plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)