ORAS OU Nightmare of Mensis

"The Mensis ritual must be stopped, lest we all become beasts."

I)Intro

A) A few notes

Hello Smogon, it's been a while since I've posted here... Actually it's been a while since I've played the game period, I could go into more details but I don't believe anyone cares (nor should care)
I'd like to introduce you to my team which did quite well overall, all I will ask you is that before you proceed to read the team or to comment on it you take the following into account :

• Just because Gourgheist is never used and I'm not a "famous" player doesn't mean I don't know what I'm doing, give the team a shot before instantly dismissing it as a "noobish gimmick". I took my time to ladder with it for a good while just to prove its worth.
• I will not take into consideration any advice that suggests removing Gourgheist or changing Metagross' set. They're what makes this team unique and interesting, if I wanted to build a classic archetypal team there would be no point in sharing it.
• I care a lot about how I present my team and the thematic I use, feel absolutely free to rate it too, I'd like that a lot. Even if you're not familiar with Bloodborne.
• I apologize for any potential mistakes in English, not my first language

B) The Team

Team building process
I'm trying to keep it short this time as my RMTs usually tend to drag on quite a bit, so the building process will be quick... In short I knew from pre-pokebank that Tyranitar/Excadrill/Gourgheist made an amazing core for keeping stealth rock in game and also removing enemy entry hazards. I then realized Excadrill made quite a good bait for a lot of stuff that checks/counters Metagross, so I've decided to build my team around Mega-Agiligross. Scarfed Landorus helps in more ways that could be described right there but in a few words he helped keeping or saving the momentum and also participated in baiting some of Metagross' checks/counters. And finally right now you might think that those 5 pokemons get walled with little effort by hard stall teams and have trouble with rotom; you would be correct. That's why I needed a good wallbreaker and that's when Kyurem-Black comes in. As you will see later my machup against stall teams is still not the best but with good predictions they can be pierced through.
How to use it ?
Again right here I will not go in too much details as all will be explained better later, but in short the team's goal is to put enough pressure on the opponent so that Metagross can end up sweeping. The goal is to wear down the enemy. It is important to keep the rocks on enemy field which Tyranitar + Gourgheist are pretty good a. The team requires A LOT of what might seem like risky predicting so you might not instantly feel comfortable with it if you use it, I will go into more details when speaking about Excadrill, Gourgheist and Kyurem-Black, but already take that into account.

II)A closer look at the team

Micolash, Host of the Nightmare (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon

"Ooh! Majestic! A hunter is a hunter, even in a dream. But, alas, not too fast ! The nightmare swirls and churns unending !"

Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance​

Why Excadrill ?

First things first, why leading with Excadrill ? Well that's simple, because that's the only pokemon I absolutely never lead with. I could have used a "fake" lead to lure my opponent but that's a double edged sword and I rather chose to plain and simple use a pokemon that is obviously not my lead in the lead position so there is no tricks involved. Excadrill is here to put an offensive pressure with swords dance on some pokemons that could annoy Metagross such as Landorus, Slowbro or even Skarmory and Rotom (Skarm starts taking quite some damage after a couple Sword Dance and I need rotom at like 60% so if I don't need Excadrill I can chip away some of its health with a +2 Iron Head, rocks and sandstorm).

Moveset, nature, EVs...

Not much to report regarding nature and EVs, as I said swords dance is used to put some (quite high) offensive pressure
Spinning under sand is easy, Air Balloon is cool against Garchomp, Landorus, Excadrill and others. It especially helps against lead Garchomp, I lead with Tyranitar, use Ice Beam, switch to drill and spin, usually Garchomp won't stay and even if it does all it will do is break my balloon.

In Game

Probably the most important pokemon in early game, I usually start putting some pressure with him and tyranitar wearing down the opposing team as much as possible. Depending on the machup if I see drill can sweep I might save it for later. But usually I use him and tar early to win the entry hazard battle, which is not difficult at all usually

Excadrill's place in the team's balance ?

Not really used defensively, although it can occasionally switch in on Claifairy, or by predicting or on obvious earthquakes, often it will come to revenge kill or to setup after a kill (usually after Tyranitar gets KO'd)

Other options ?

I've considered using rock slide over Iron Head but the results were underwhelming as damaging fairies is better than damaging Zapdos and Rotom, who are not such huge threat's to Metagross to begin with

Father Gascoigne, The Hunter (Metagross) @ Metagrossite

"Beasts all over the shop."

Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt​

There really is not much to say about Metagross by himself, the whole team's goal is to set up its sweep, no body expects Rock Polish/Agility (don't ask me why...) so usually in late game it is surprisingly easy to setup as the opponent will usually think he's sacrificing a pokemon who can't do anything to Metagross and revenge killing later with a scarfed of faster pokemon.. It usually does not go this way at all lol
So yeah Mega Metagross hits like a truck and in late game most teams will be torn apart.
Against teams where I don't need the speed I won't wait until late game to use it obviously and might use him to add some pressure in mid/early game too.
Yeah there really is not anything more to say about this pokemon by himself, since I will be explaining how every other pokemon contributes to its sweep.

• Other Options ?
Ice Punch would mean an easier time against the likes of Gligar, Hippowdon or Zapdos, but I found them to be much less annoying than all the stuff Earthquake hits

Gehrman, The First Hunter (Tyranitar) (M) @ Smooth Rock

"Tonight, Gehrman joins the hunt."

Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
  • Why Tyranitar ?
Mostly because my team really benefits a lot from having stealth rocks and Tyranitar is one of the hardest pokemons to defog against, Lati@s are destroyed, so are most flying type pokemons that are not called Skarmory. Sand Stream helps a lot to spin. One of the strengths of this team resides in the fact that it usually wins most of entry hazard duels and that is because of the Tyranitar/Excadrill/Gourgheist core.

• Moveset, nature, EVs...
Classic support Tyranitar EV Spread. Ice Beam hits Garchomp, Stone Edge hits birds, Smooth Rock gives me more sandstorm for Excadrill and can eventually lure the opponnent into believing Tyranitar's choiced.
Why Crunch ? Because I ended up never using Pursuit since I benefit from having Lati@s alive to set up Metagross later in the game and because Crunch helps against Slowbro.

• In game
Tyranitar is usually the first to go unless I'm against a drizzle team or some other team where I will need Excadrill and sandstream for the whole game. I lead with him against Garchomp, Earthquake does not KOs and anyways Garchomp will usually set up rocks instead of attacking and it will take an Ice Beam to the face, after which I switch on Balooned Excadrill to take EQ and depending on my intuition I spin, use swords dance to put on some pressure (say if there's a Skarmory in the team) or finish Garchomp. Most usually I spin.

• Tyranitar's place in the team's balance ?
My main switch to Heatran and other fire pokemons. A good switch to a lot of special attackers. Usually the one to be sacrificed if there is an attack I cannot take. Goes superbly well with Gourgheist's double type since Gourgheist resists/is immune to all of Tyranitar's weaknesses and Tyranitar resists all of Gourgheist's weaknesses (except for ice)

• Other Options ?
A lot of them actually. I don't really need pursuit as I said, but I've considered running Superpower, Earthquake, Fire Blast or even Roar/Dragon Tail instead of Crunch since Crunch ended up being one of the moves I use the less. If I should remove Crunch it would most likely be in favor of Roar.

Amygdala (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf

"Oh Amygdala, oh Amygdala... Have mercy on the poor bastard !"

Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
Another pokemon I won't have too much to say about, it helps both offensively and defensively as you already know it, combo'd with Excadrill it can do a hell lot of damage once the opponnent's ground resistance/Immunities are downed/in kill range. A good lead, a good support, Knock Off can help get rid of some highly annoying stallers. I run Adamant instead of Jolly since there are really no pokemons that I necessarily need to outspeed in this team that I can't outspeed with Adamant nature and since a bit more damage is always welcome. It will be my emergency option against physical attackers if Gourgheist got downed.

Ebrietas, Daughter of The Cosmos (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Leftovers

The sky and the cosmos are one.

Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Protect
  • Why Gourgheist ?
Ahhh there we go ! The question you must all have been asking yourselves. Well, except for those who dismissed it by assuming I don't know what I'm doing or who saw it in action. Ok let's get straight to the point. Gourgheist. Is. A. Defensive. MONSTER. It has an insanely good double type, a great move pool and HUGE stats. I mean 85 HP / 122 Def / 100 Atk / 75 SDef. For comparison Skarmory rocks 65/140/80/70 and MEGA-VENUSAUR 80/123, so yeah phisically Gourgheist is tougher than Mega-Venusaur ! And while it can't have sleep powder or a stabbed Sludge Bomb it can have will-o-wisp which is more usefull for my team. Still not convinced ? Ok let's check out some damage :
+2 84 Atk Mega Scizor Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 264-312 (70.5 - 83.4%)
252 Atk Life Orb Weavile Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 244-291 (65.2 - 77.8%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 294-348 (78.6 - 93%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Huge Power Azumarill Play Rough vs. 252 HP / 252+ Def Gourgeist-Super: 169-199 (45.1 - 53.2%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (0% chance with Protect)

Needless to say Garchomp/Excadrill/Landorus/Scizor/Breloom and many many others will not even tickle Gourgheist and that means a free will-o-wisp or leech seed against those pokemons.

I'll gladly admit it, the EV spread is quite barbaric. Straight up 252/252. I could have made some smartass calculations and come up with an elaborate EV spread but I really only use Gourgheist against physicall attackers and occasionally Keldeo so I don't like having to invest in special defense.
I used Phantom Force before Seed Bomb, which allowed to maximize the WoW/Seed/Sandstorm/Leftovers potential by attacking in two turns, but it ended up problematic against substitute Keldeo and Manaphy.
Why no Synthesis ? Well, I'll answer that in the next part.

• In game
Ok first thing you have to realize is that Gourgheist works with A LOT of predicting because it forces a huge amount of switches. If you see a fire pokemon in the opponent's team use leech seed. Even if you're against a grass pokemon. When the opponent is seeded and expects protect, use leech seed again. It takes some practice, but when you use it a lot you will end up being able to tell 99% of the time when to use leech seed and/or WoW and the recovery that leech seed + protect will grant, if used smartly, easily surpasses Synthesis. With sandstream, leech seed, WoW and protect chipping the team's health away becomes extremely easy and helps Metagross a lot with its sweep later and by seeding and attracting fire pokemons it helps Tyranitar recover some HP and/or putting the sandstorm back on.

• Gourgheist's place in the team's balance ?
I've already explained twice how well it works with Tyranitar, but let me add that it also helps against rapid spinners, mainly Exacdrill and Starmie. It also surprisingly helps a lot against very defensive teams by burning some pokemons like slowbro or skarmory. It has a huge problem against Magic Bounce/Guard users though, that's its mean downside.

• Other options ?
Maybe a more "sophisticated" EV spread, but coming up with unique EV spreads for defensive pokemons is not my thing, never has been, never will.

Moon Presence (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb

"Behold ! A Paleblood sky !"

Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power
  • Why Kyurem-Black ?
As I said earlier, very defensive teams give me some trouble and Kyurem is my answer to them. One of the best stallbreakers of the game. It also helped that it does wonderfully well against Rotom

Nothing unusual to report, classic Kyurem-Black

• In game
It really depends a lot on what the opponent is using, if I'm against a hard stall team Kyurem becomes the most important pokemon of my team and I have to be smart about when do I use my ace in the hole. If I see Sableye, I will lead with Kyurem since it will by my best (if not only) chance at breaking him. If I'm against an offensive team I will be more bold about using Kyurem, I will use it to put up some pressure when necessary and then get KO'd.

• Kyurem's place in the team's balance ?
Won't be used defensively too much, unless maybe against Rotom-W and Manaphy

• Other options ?
Life Orb recoil tends to be problematic, but I really don't see any other options... If you can think of another wallbreaker who's also a good check to Rotom-W, I'm all years.

Micolash (Excadrill) (M) @ Air Balloon
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Swords Dance

Father Gascoigne (Metagross) @ Metagrossite
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 80 HP / 252 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Rock Polish
- Earthquake
- Zen Headbutt

Gehrman (Tyranitar) (M) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Ice Beam
- Crunch
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge

Amygdala (Landorus-Therian) @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off

Ebrietas (Gourgeist-Super) (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Frisk
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Leech Seed
- Will-O-Wisp
- Seed Bomb
- Protect

Moon Presence (Kyurem-Black) @ Life Orb
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SpA / 236 Spe
Mild Nature
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Ice Beam
- Earth Power

Threat List (to be completed... Maybe.)

I really don't have the time to make an exhaustive threat list right now, but here are the pokemons to watch out for :

• Weavile :
I do not have a single pokemon that is not weak to at least one of its attacks.. Neither Gourgheist, nor Landorus (after intimidate and by Ice Shard I mean), nor Kyurem are one shot killed by it and it's also weak against rocks, sandstorm, life orb damage and Sand Rush Excadrill, so while annoying it remains manageable.

• Gengar :
Gengar is annoying for similar reasons, although without a life orb tyranitar is guaranteed to take Shadow Ball + Focus Blast, Mega Metagross can also take a hit and it has to rely on Focus Blast to one shot kill Excadrill, Kyurem and Tyranitar, which is a long shot. It also does not have Ice Shard to screw Landorus over, yet it can be annoying

• Bisharp :
It becomes dangerous only if it can set up a swords dance and it can do that only against Tyranitar, that's one of the main reasons I consider running Earthquake or Superpower instead of crunch... If it does set up though, I usually manage to beat it by predicting when it will or will not use sucker punch by spamming Rock Polish/Swords Dance.

• Keldeo : if the opponnent leads with it, it can become quite annoying against Landorus... I will usually switch into Gourgheist so frisk tells me the item it's using, it can end up being an annoyance, but not a massive threat.

• Hard Stall teams in general, but mostly :
Mega-Sableye : If I do not manage to take it down with Kyurem all I will have left will be setting up a couple of Swords Dances with Excadrill, which obviously is not the most reliable strategy

In Conclusion :
All I have to say is that I hope you enjoyed reading this threat and maybe even the team, took me a good lot of time to make, so I'm really too tired to come up with an interesting conclusion so yeah, maybe to be completed too lol

Last edited:

Reymedy

ne craint personne
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
putain nice pavé négro

edit : essaie manaphy cm rest rain dance scald à la place de ton kyu, jamais trouvé que kyu break quoi que ce soit à part certaines balance bien lentes et je pense pas que ta team galere vs ça, en plus scizor est bien chiant s'il Knock ta courge et que la team en face laisse pas trop leech seed (pas dur de le weaken le truc)
avec rd et cm tu bats rotomw/venu/sableyem donc ça va foutre une bonne pression sur les trucs qui te font chier (tu cm quand le mec fout venu, tu re-cm et il te fait plus rien, tu peux ruiner ses synthesis avec rain dance en plus)
ça devrait t'aider vs talonflame stallbreaker
speed creep le assez pour mew stallbreaker, vu comment il peut etre BIEN chiant pour ta team (genre le truc c'est un candidat au 6-0)

ouai donc en gros c'est surement les wow abuser qui vont te les briser, t'as deux/trois pokés à balancer sous le bus s'il faut, mais c'est quand meme bien d'avoir une win cond un peu immune à ça
je suis pas un gros fan de scarf landot dans une sand avec exca, mais bon, si ça marche c'est cool, si t'as peur que ça soit trop la dech vs un manaphy offensif sans kyub, essaie de changer ce slot pour un truc genre tornat
aussi sans kyub, limite t'as plus trop besoin de spin, rock slide ça mange pas de pain pour les rotomw et les talon/chary/thundu
awé showcases, fais moi une bise sur la fesse droite et jte vire ton peak du titre, on vend plus des tapis ici

Last edited:
Hey cool looking team! I never see Gourgeist squads, so this looks pretty dope. A few suggestions:

-First, the big one: I'd replace Mega Metagross with Mega Scizor (set provided below). Considering you have Sand Rush Excadrill, you don't really need Agility Metagross at all, and Mega Scizor would definitely help with Weavile, Bisharp, and Gengar. One issue with this is it doesn't really help with Keldeo, but Gourgeist does a decent job of handling it like you said, and Sand Rush Excadrill can outspeed Keld in the sand (meaning you can revenge kill after SR damage). In addition that stuff, Mega Scizor also adds another (potential) breaker/wincon to this team thanks to SD + an excellent movepool. Below I provided two sets: Offensive SD and Bulky SD. I'd suggest testing both of these to see which you prefer. Bulky SD would probably be better for handling that stuff + not being as Keldeo weak, but offensive SD packs more power.

-Next, even though I think Gourgeist is cool, I think running AV Tangrowth > Gourgeist (set provided below) would work a lot better here. While you miss out on nice utility options like Leech Seed and Will-O-Wisp, you gain a much less passive (yet still very bulky) Pokemon who can act as a nice pivot for Keldeo thanks to Regenerator. After constantly switching with Gourgeist, you risk getting worn down to the point where Keldeo can kill you with HP Flying / Icy Wind. Regenerator counteracts against this, making handling Keldeo a bit more manageable.

-I'd run Double Dance Landorus-T > Scarf (set provided below). You don't really need a Scarfer on a team with Sand Rush Excadrill, but in case you can sweep with Lando-T (or if you need that speed), you can thanks to Rock Polish. Thanks to Swords Dance, Lando-T can act as a breaker, meaning the stall MU isn't as tough as you described. If you don't like Double Dance, you can run plain SD Lando-T (set also provided below). This one misses out on the speed Rock Polish can give, but in return you get an extra coverage move (like Knock off), or Substitute.

-Finally, considering you now have SD Scizor and SD on Landorus-T, I'd run Rock Slide > Swords Dance on Excadrill. The coverage Rock Slide provides is very important, and you don't really need Exca to be a set up sweeper anymore. If you feel like Excadrill's power is underwhelming after this change, I'd run Life Orb > Air Balloon to give him that extra oomf.

sets:
offensive SD:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Technician
Adamant Nature / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Superpower
- Bug Bite / U-Turn

bulky SD:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

Tangrowth @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
- Giga Drain
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Hidden Power Ice / Hidden Power Fire / Rock Slide / Leaf Storm
(only run Leaf Storm in Slot 3/4 if you REALLY wanna hit Keld/Manaphy harder)

SD:
Landorus-Therian @ Soft Sand
EVs: 72 HP / 252 Atk / 184 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Knock Off / Superpower
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance

Sub + SD:
Landorus-Therian @ Salac Berry
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Substitute
- Swords Dance

Double Dance:
Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers / Soft Sand
EVs: 56 HP / 220 Atk / 232 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Rock Polish
- Swords Dance

Hopefully these changes can benefit your team! If you have any questions/concerns about these changes, please feel free to PM me or ask directly in this thread :]

Thanks for your comments guys, I will try to answer them at my best

Regarding this :

-First, the big one: I'd replace Mega Metagross with Mega Scizor

-Next, even though I think Gourgeist is cool, I think running AV Tangrowth > Gourgeist
While I appreciate the advice and don't want to sound like an asshole, well all I have to answer is this :

• I will not take into consideration any advice that suggests removing Gourgheist or changing Metagross' set. They're what makes this team unique and interesting, if I wanted to build a classic archetypal team there would be no point in sharing it.
And besides I need the Ghost type to anti-spin and the whole point of the team is to be built around Metagross lol

I really really like how Double Dance Landorus sounds in this team though, I do think it would improve the team a lot so thanks for that !

Now to answer KidMagic, again before anything else thanks for the comment, I appreciate it ! Regarding Jolly Landorus, I will gladly change the nature if you can tell me precisely what do I outspeed with it that I can't outspeed with Adamant nature and that threatens the team, because before choosing the nature I would use I did some research and the additional speed gained by Jolly allowed me to outspeed only pokemons I didn't care much about outspeeding in this team if I remember correctly.

Hammer Arm is indeed a good option that I have considered, my main issue with it being that I can't hit opposing Metagross or slowbro without EQ which becomes problematic quite soon.

Life Orb Excadrill is also a good choice and would help me against Slowbro, but I usually need to be flexible with Excadrill, being able to switch on him with ease against Garchomp and not having to hesitate between each attack so Life Orb does not wear me down. Jolly nature again is an option, but I don't want to lose striking power just so I can have the speed tie against Excadrill, since I already have Gourgheist which handles Excadrill quite perfectly. Trust me, extra power is not overkill on this, since the main point of the drill is to wear down defensive pokemons that would otherwise stop Metagross, I really do need to hit the likes of slowbro and skarmory as hard as possible

Gladly noted for 248 HP on Gourgheist, I did not think about it and it does sound better. I already answered the subject regarding Phantom Force in the "Other Options ?" section I think, or maybe in some other section but I definitely answered that, because I used to play it for a while.

Thanks for your comments guys, I will try to answer them at my best

Regarding this :

While I appreciate the advice and don't want to sound like an asshole, well all I have to answer is this :

And besides I need the Ghost type to anti-spin and the whole point of the team is to be built around Metagross lol

I really really like how Double Dance Landorus sounds in this team though, I do think it would improve the team a lot so thanks for that !

Now to answer KidMagic, again before anything else thanks for the comment, I appreciate it ! Regarding Jolly Landorus, I will gladly change the nature if you can tell me precisely what do I outspeed with it that I can't outspeed with Adamant nature and that threatens the team, because before choosing the nature I would use I did some research and the additional speed gained by Jolly allowed me to outspeed only pokemons I didn't care much about outspeeding in this team if I remember correctly.

Hammer Arm is indeed a good option that I have considered, my main issue with it being that I can't hit opposing Metagross or slowbro without EQ which becomes problematic quite soon.

Life Orb Excadrill is indeed a good choice and would help me against Slowbro, but I usually need to be flexible with Excadrill, being able to switch on him with ease against Garchomp and not having to hesitate between each attack so Life Orb does not wear me down. Jolly nature again is an option, but I don't want to lose striking power just so I can have the speed tie against Excadrill, since I already have Gourgheist which handles Excadrill quite perfectly. Trust me, extra power is not overkill on this, since the main point of the drill is to wear down defensive pokemons that would otherwise stop Metagross, I really do need to hit the likes of slowbro and skarmory as hard as possible
Oh lol I read this like twice to make sure I wasn't missing anything on the reasoning for those two before I requested changing them; must've not read the intro thoroughly enough >.< Sorry for that.
But on what you describe in that bullet point, Tangrowth isn't really something super common or generic. Sure it's not Gourgeist, but it can help for the reasons I stated above :p
Sorry for the confusion again... I just missed that in the intro + it's kinda hard to patch up lots of those weaknesses without changing those two for me (personally). Hopefully my other suggestions still helped a bit, and hopefully someone can effectively patch up the weaknesses you mentioned w/out changing Metagross/Gourgeist n_n

Sure Tangrowth is not common either, but switching him for Gourgheist would mean losing one of the team's main strength : its ability to win the entry hazard war

And besides my main weakness is hard stall teams, which neither scizor nor tangrowth would really help about sadly. I do have tried sub SD Landorus and he works really really well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)